Quilaho's Return Quest

quilaho

Hello all! It's been a while. Nothing good has happened in my world of diet and fitness while I was away. Let's change that, shall we!?!

Steve's most recent Nerd Fitness blog post has inspired me to come here and participate in this challenge. It's kinda a sudden decision (like in the last 15 minutes) so please excuse me if what follows is not all SMART. I will refine over the next week.

Main Quest

My main quest is to weigh 230 lbs by the end of the year. I'm currently weighing in around 280. So, 50 lbs.

Challenge Goals

For this 6 week challenge, I put forth the following goals ...

• SL5x5 x 3 days per week.
  • 80 % paleo ... goal of 1800 - 2000 calories per day.

Basically, get back to what was working and try to make a habit of it.

Side Goal

For a side goal, I want to pay attention to my finances. By the end of this challenge, I will have a working system for tracking spending in order to match up to the budgets my wife creates.

More refinement will follow!

Challenges: Current:Quilaho's L1 Challenge

Battle Log:Q's Warrior Path

BodySpace | MyFitnessPal

LinkedIn | TwitterFacebook

Please send me a message here at NF if you are going to send a request

My measurements starting out in this challenge cycle ...

• Weight - 271.4
  • Waist - 50.5
  • Chest - 49.5

As I'm concentrating on weight loss, not muscle gain, I'm not measuring arms and legs.

Sadly, those are pretty much the same measurements I started off with for my first challenge a year ago. Let's hope for a better year!

BodySpace | MyFitnessPal

StrongLifts has a app for my phone that I use.

I use MyFitnessPal for calorie counting. I have not started calorie counting, though. I have guests in from out of town for work this week so there is some eating out. While I'm doing good eating right, trying to figure out the calorie counts from restaurants can be difficult and, even if successful, kinda depressing. So, I'll start in on the calorie counting this weekend.

• Like 1

BodySpace | MyFitnessPal

StrongLifts has a app for my phone that I use.

I use MyFitnessPal for calorie counting. I have not started calorie counting, though. I have guests in from out of town for work this week so there is some eating out. While I'm doing good eating right, trying to figure out the calorie counts from restaurants can be difficult and, even if successful, kinda depressing. So, I'll start in on the calorie counting this weekend.

Good plan. Those were what I was planning on suggesting. You're off to a great start and with a good frame of mind. You got this going forward.

Hey there! Nice quest with strong aggressive goals! Keep it up.

Main Quest

My main quest is to weigh 230 lbs by the end of the year. I'm currently weighing in around 280. So, 50 lbs.

It's cool that you're thinking in longer terms too. We all get caught up in super quick fix schemes so easily. You can do it! I've lost about 100 pounds by making simple, sustainable life changes. Just keep to your goals and don't let your off days get you down. Know they'll come, just resolve to move past it and get pack to your plan. Good luck! I'll be following along.

Darryl Jones - Nerd Fitness Design Wizard - Warrior
Instagram - Twitter - Who am I?

So ... weekly update ...

Not the strongest start but good progress considering I decided to jump into this challenge with about 5 seconds of forethought.

I weighed in today at 269 ... a couple pounds lost. I know I can do better but I'm very happy with the result as last week I had visitors in the office and knew I would not eat my best as a result. I'm expecting my better results from improved diet this week! So far, I'm hitting it right. I can feel the difference.

I did 2 of the 3 5x5 workouts last week. It looks like I'll only get 2 in this week, either. I'm having a real hard time dragging my butt out of bed to get to the gym in the morning and other obligations keep me from doing it most evenings. I'll get my groove here in another week, I'm sure.

Design Wizard, Revolter ... thanks for the encouragement and following along.

I'm intentionally taking this in a casual, almost lackadaisical, manner. I've come to the point where it's about the small choices, not some huge lifestyle change. Start small, see progress and add to it over time. I know what to do, it's just a matter of having the staying power to do it for the long term.

• Like 1

BodySpace | MyFitnessPal

I'm intentionally taking this in a casual, almost lackadaisical, manner. I've come to the point where it's about the small choices, not some huge lifestyle change. Start small, see progress and add to it over time. I know what to do, it's just a matter of having the staying power to do it for the long term.

Honestly this is the key to being successful making lasting changes. 

Good work so far. 

“Push yourself harder than you think you’re capable of. You’ll find new depth inside yourself.â€
– Stanley McChrystal

Current Challenge

July 26 - Sept 6 Challenge

June 8 - July 19 Challenge

April 13- May 25 Challenge

Goals:

• 315/455/495 Bench/Squat/Deadlift
  • 230lb Bodyweight

Current:

• Bench 280lb
  • Squat 431lb 
  • Deadlift 441lb
  • 265lb Bodyweight

So, I'm sitting with the family watch a movie and I turn to The Wife and say "my butt tingles". She and the boys (7 and 12) burst out laughing!

This fun family moment brought to you courtesy of ... Squats!

BodySpace | MyFitnessPal

I love the first few weeks of renewed weight loss! Stepped on the scale this morning and weighed in at 266.9. Two #'s in two days!

Of course, it's all water weight but who cares. My clothes are still fitting better!

My diet has been spot on all week long, though. I feel better for it, too.

BodySpace | MyFitnessPal