18ck's Spring Clean

18ck

Well that last challenge was a bit of a bust on the core exercise goals, and I had an attack of the Why-Aren't-I-Batman-Blues in the last week or so, moping about and failing to run, even when I had my running gear on and had cycled all the way to the park, so no points for me in spite of some reasonable exercise done in the early stages and a really very creditable set of life goal numbers throughout.

Anyway, draw a line under it, move on. This one is going to be simple.

Goal 1: have goals

Make a plan for sporting events coming up later in the year: Thunder Run, Thames Meander Marathon and probably also an obstacle run with my little Assassin daughter. The plan needs to be detailed where it matters and flexible where it doesn't.

Goal 2: do the things

Basically, follow the plan from step 1. I'm expecting this 6 week segment to be building up milage and putting in some hours on support exercise

Goal 3: eat better

I think Mrs 18ck wants to do the same, so this seems like something we can co-operate on.

Goal 4: Carry on citizening

Continue the 2 goals from last time, namely being an active, engaged citizen (reading the paper, paying attention, helping), and studying.... Can you guess? That's right.... Portuguese.

Here's a picture of some people being supportive. I know they will make me feel motivated on this challenge

ee4812c33fc9dd2273566ea534898f07.jpg

• Like 3

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Hey, looking good sporting those motivations!

Good goals, man. Really. Get under the goals that have been floundering and squat them!

I also like the continued citizening!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Good work on sticking with it citizen. Do not lose heart, for every failure brings us that much closer to success. Except skydiving, then failure brings you closer to something else, just ask the pot of petunias.

• Like 2

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Nice H2G2 ref, @shukar!

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Doing alright so far. What did I do on Monday? I can't remember. I cycled a lot but that doesn't count.

Yesterday I sculled a bit. It was a beautiful evening and the water was as flat as a long wet pancake. I was going to lift some heavy objects too but they were redecorating so everything was all over the place. Today, running. Not much running, I'll grant you, but it's a start. My shit is all apart but I'm having some thoughts about how I'm going to get it back together. Today there was wine and I didn't have any. I bloody love wine, so when I decline it voluntarily I know I'm serious about getting that forward momentum started. Mrs 18ck os on board and she's doing healthy menu planning for us both from Monday.

Step 1: don't buy wine.

• Like 1

<censored> it, I broke step 1 an hour ago...  I bought a bottle as part of my one bottle every half month plan.  But I think it is a more sensible indulgence than most processed foods, so that is why I like to have it in the house.

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

it, I broke step 1 an hour ago... I bought a bottle as part of my one bottle every half month plan. But I think it is a more sensible indulgence than most processed foods, so that is why I like to have it in the house.

If you're only allowed one bottle, make it vodka - it'll last longer. Hopefully.

Good for you! Don't buy wine.

Less wise food choices today but hey ho. I've thrown down plenty of cycling, and went to circuits yesterday, which was great. Tomorrow is an early run. Scouts, you must ask me tomorrow "so how was your run?" if I don't know you'll do that, I won't get out if bed, so I'm counting on you here.

Citizenship going great, Portuguese... Er... A bit slack. No plan made as yet. I had forgotten about thunder run a month before the marathon. It'll he a busy summer.

Yes, how was your run?

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

If you don't mind a RANGER asking, "How was your run?"

I'm not telling you. I want to be asked by a Scout.

Yes, how was your run?

Ah, that's more like it. It was good, thanks. 7 miles slow. Nothing spectacular but very necessary and the sun was shining and it was lovely.

Thanks (both) for the accountability!

• Like 1

As a scout, I am glad you had a lovely run :)

How was that run 18?

Helloooo???

Hugs!

Thanks for the support, Scout dudes!

Yeah, it's been a bit busy lately. So I've been cycling, obvs, but as you know, that doesn't count. I meant to get to the rowing club on Tuesday but didn't make it. I've done a push-up session and - today - a short running-and-gymnastics session with Flyer, in which we found she can do all the things I can't (because she's so bendy) and I can do all the things she can't (because I have man arms) but I suspect as time goes on the number of things she can do will grow faster. The joys of youth. It's always a delight having her along, especially when we're running.

Tomorrow: proper run. Intervals. And if I can get my work done fast enough, I'll try and squeeze in some evening rowing before circuits. That sounds like a full day, eh! 

• Like 1

I think I owe you a plan don't I...? Let's hope this works...

*edit*

That'll be a no then. 

Ok, how about this?

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=4rduipvl42oak8b6b0ctsc02u0%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/London

I might try and slot in some things like slacklining and swimming just to make sure I do some non-taxing but useful stuff like that but maybe it's best just to keep it simple and do other things as and when the mood takes me. Hm... I dunno though - sometimes I have to make myself do all the things and maybe now is one of those times. I'll ponder it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the support, Scout dudes!

Yeah, it's been a bit busy lately. So I've been cycling, obvs, but as you know, that doesn't count. I meant to get to the rowing club on Tuesday but didn't make it. I've done a push-up session and - today - a short running-and-gymnastics session with Flyer, in which we found she can do all the things I can't (because she's so bendy) and I can do all the things she can't (because I have man arms) but I suspect as time goes on the number of things she can do will grow faster. The joys of youth. It's always a delight having her along, especially when we're running.

Tomorrow: proper run. Intervals. And if I can get my work done fast enough, I'll try and squeeze in some evening rowing before circuits. That sounds like a full day, eh!

And the two of you can do all the thing I can't do, being neither bendy nor having man arms.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

And the two of you can do all the thing I can't do, being neither bendy nor having man arms.

You'd look odd with hairy arms and a bendy everything else, though.

• Like 1

So I've been a bit lazy lately. Do I mean lazy? Perhaps not that exactly but lacking in focus and motivation, certainly. Work, blah, faffing about, more work. I've been out for a couple of runs, including an eight miler today, and I've done some handstands,cycled a lot but skipped circuits. It was slow and painful but I did it and that's all that matters. The London Marathon was on today with Paula Radcliffe's big farewell, which was all the motivation I needed but like yesterday I got up, put my running gear on and fretted and fussed and tidied and did my taxes and basically did everything else except go for a flipping run.

The citizenship thing continues apace but the Portuguese has been a bit minimal, to say the least. There's wine in the house but I'm not drinking it.

So there you have it. Not really following the new plan but not totally off it either. Not yet, but if I don't pull my socks up... meh.

Feeling a bit rubbish about not visiting everyone else. I'm sure you're all up to cool stuff but it's all I can do to update my own stuff at the moment. I'll be back on pount soon, I'm sure...

So anyway, today was speedwerk. Lots and lots of high-speed chugging. Also, got on top of the news, wrote some stuff in Portuguese, and saw this thing on twitter that changed my life

CDUD8SCWEAM1rcI.jpg

It's a TORDIS (courtesy of @Lord_Arse)

Vaguely thinking what I need to do is take the title of this thread more seriously. I have some things in my life that need tidying: Some cluter in the house, some work-stuff (bike service, bag inventory), some paperwork and I think also the contents of my phone and removing some of the distractions on it. Plan to follow. Probably one per week.

Feeling a bit rubbish about not visiting everyone else. I'm sure you're all up to cool stuff but it's all I can do to update my own stuff at the moment. I'll be back on pount soon, I'm sure...

So anyway, today was speedwerk. Lots and lots of high-speed chugging. Also, got on top of the news, wrote some stuff in Portuguese, and saw this thing on twitter that changed my life

CDUD8SCWEAM1rcI.jpg

It's a TORDIS (courtesy of @Lord_Arse)

Vaguely thinking what I need to do is take the title of this thread more seriously. I have some things in my life that need tidying: Some cluter in the house, some work-stuff (bike service, bag inventory), some paperwork and I think also the contents of my phone and removing some of the distractions on it. Plan to follow. Probably one per week.

No worries. I was pretty bad about keeping up last challenge. I think everyone goes through that phase (if they stick around long enough).
  • Like 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination