• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

What Lifting Goal Are You Most Excited About?

I just really want to use those big ass plates. I want to squat them, press them, lift them, give them something to remember.

Totally this! I feel like a sissy squatting with just 10 pounders on each end. I'm excited about 135, because that means I'll have a 45lb plate on each end. Doing this today on the deadlift!

Also looking forward to lifting my body weight on every lift. And deadlifting the equivalent of my boyfriend's weight.

I am most excited to just get back to lifting (back issue last week. Will likely pick up lifting again at the beginning of November).

That being said, my goals are:

Bench: 200lbs

Squat: 400lbs

Dead: 400lbs

OHBPR: dunno. Stuck at 115lbs at the moment.

Being at 175lbs both the Sq and DL are more than 2x my body weight. Once I get to thoses weights, it might change though.

Really glad this thread was bumped! Like some of the folks earlier in the thread (or, rather, where some of the folks were a year ago), I am just getting back into lifting a bit more than a decade after leaving high school football. I'd really love to get back to that 225/315/405 bench/squat/dead plateau at which I maxed out then. And then push right on through that.

Of course, I was an offensive lineman back then, and a much, much bigger boy than I am now. I've gotten myself in significantly better shape over the past few years, but I'd really love to reclaim that power that I lost boozing it up and being lazy in college/grad school.

Oh, good thread.

Currently? I'm looking forward to hitting big plates on bench and OHP. Thats 120 lbs. (crappy bar)

Getting to properly squat 120lbs with big plates. (Not 3/4 squatting like I've been doing...)

Deadlifting 1/2 BW is sooooo close... (205lb or more)

Deadlift 335lbs is a little bit off. Right now for my home gym this is ALL THE WEIGHTS.

I also have a secret desire to see my crappy bar bend or break under load.

0.5x BW Front Rack Pistol Squat

Should be about 105-110 lb, I expect to get a bigger than I am now before I get there. Currently have a 0.25x BW front rack pistol (+50lb).

At my gym we have a chalk board divided into sesctions for Bench, DL and Squat, if you can beat what's considered heavy your name goes on the board.

The cut offs for men are (women have their own section):

Squat: 160KG/352lbs

Bench: 120KG/264lbs

Deadlift: 200KG/440lbs

(Of course, many guys at the gym have numbers much higher than those!)

I want my name on that board for all 3 lifts!

That was chairohkey, and he's damn close. I believe he crushed that squat and only has the DL left.

Thanks, I had a feeling it might have been him, but just couldn't remember.

My current max lifts are

DL 365X1 lbs

squat 315X1 lbs (as of a couple months ago)

bench 215X2 lbs

OHP 135X2 lbs

So I'm in a reasonable distance for all of those lifts.

@MaxPower, you did Deadlifted 1lb 365 times?! Too many reps, brother! :P (I'm totally joking around, I know what you meant, and so does everyone else)

@Athena, not sure off the top of my head but I will find out for you!

My ultimate strength goal is: 5-4-3-2 plate combination for deadlifts-squats-bench-OHP. And since we will be close to it at that point, we will up the 495 lb on the deadlift to 500 and the 4 compound exercise total should be equal to 1500 lbs.

Also, all these will be done for 5 reps. No 1RM for me ! :)

@MaxPower, you did Deadlifted 1lb 365 times?! Too many reps, brother! :P (I'm totally joking around, I know what you meant, and so does everyone else)

@Athena, not sure off the top of my head but I will find out for you!

Ha yeah, bet you're wondering where I got that one pound bar though! I guess that's what I get for editing on the fly.

Yikes - been way too long since I posted (or even logged in) :( Glad this thread popped up so I can get back into it!

I'm currently lifting (at 230 lbs BW and after a huge deload across the board to facilitate linear progression):

Bench: 140lbs - 3x5

Press: 80lbs - 3x5

Squat: 135lbs - 3x5

Deadlift: 180lbs - 1x5

Pendlay Row: 95lbs - 3x5

By the end of Nov., I am targeting:

Bench: 175lbs - 3x5

Press: 125lbs - 3x5

Squat: 225lbs - 3x5

Deadlift: 260lbs - 1x5

Pendlay Row: 150lbs - 3x5

By the end of the year., I am targeting:

Bench: 195lbs - 3x5

Press: 135lbs - 3x5

Squat: 250lbs - 3x5

Deadlift: 300lbs - 1x5

Pendlay Row: 195lbs - 3x5

By end of June 2013, I am targeting:

Bench: 250lbs - 3x5

Press: 150lbs - 3x5

Squat: 300lbs - 3x5

Deadlift: 350lbs - 1x5

Pendlay Row: 250lbs - 3x5

Yikes - been way too long since I posted (or even logged in) :( Glad this thread popped up so I can get back into it!

I'm currently lifting (at 230 lbs BW and after a huge deload across the board to facilitate linear progression):

Bench: 140lbs - 3x5

Press: 80lbs - 3x5

Squat: 135lbs - 3x5

Deadlift: 180lbs - 1x5

Pendlay Row: 95lbs - 3x5

By the end of Nov., I am targeting:

Bench: 175lbs - 3x5

Press: 125lbs - 3x5

Squat: 225lbs - 3x5

Deadlift: 260lbs - 1x5

Pendlay Row: 150lbs - 3x5

By the end of the year., I am targeting:

Bench: 195lbs - 3x5

Press: 135lbs - 3x5

Squat: 250lbs - 3x5

Deadlift: 300lbs - 1x5

Pendlay Row: 195lbs - 3x5

By end of June 2013, I am targeting:

Bench: 250lbs - 3x5

Press: 150lbs - 3x5

Squat: 300lbs - 3x5

Deadlift: 350lbs - 1x5

Pendlay Row: 250lbs - 3x5

Ok - so I worked out the numbers and had to do a little re-jigging...and have also posted these goals and plan to get to them here :) Feel free to pop on over and comment - I'd love to hear suggestions/comments as I have been woefully unsuccessful at setting my own goals and progressions in the past...

Lachy, what's the cutoffs for women?

Sorry it's taken me so long to post these! Kept forgetting to look when I was at the gym, then would remember it later!

The cut-offs for women are half the mens:

Squat: 80KG

Bench: 60KG

Deadlift: 100KG

Not too many women on the boards yet, compared to the men, but of course there are many more men who train there than women.

I really want to do a pushup.

As for barbells, I just do what I can for now. Nothing impressive yet. I squatted 60lbs last time. Benched a whopping 50lbs 5 times and nearly dropped it on myself. I've never deadlifted. Been doing it only a little less than 3 weeks.

Sorry it's taken me so long to post these! Kept forgetting to look when I was at the gym, then would remember it later!

The cut-offs for women are half the mens:

Squat: 80KG

Bench: 60KG

Deadlift: 100KG

Not too many women on the boards yet, compared to the men, but of course there are many more men who train there than women.

Correct but for the bench, which is 50Kg.

Soon.

Soon.

Thanks for the correction. I told myself "half the men's" to make it easy, but clearly didn't pay propper attention!

Soon.

I'm close to squat cutoff (72.5kg 1RM), but the others are still a good way off. Well.... *technically*, I'm just as close to 50kg on the bench (42.5kg 1RM), but that lift is going up reaaallly slowly. Deadlift is farthest, at uh.. 82.5kg? 85kg? Somewhere around there.