• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

What Lifting Goal Are You Most Excited About?

Nope, they are cookies made from blood sweat tears and flakes of iron. They are Warrior cookies :)

Forged by Hephaestus himself in a 350 degree oven until golden brown and delicious.

@Athena: I apologise if I came accross as belittleing anything... absolutley not my intention. I guess it is easy to forget on a pulbic forum such as this that nobody knows anything about me so the risk of being missinterpreted is high.

You should 100% be celebrated for every effort you put in and every step you take (large or small) towards your goals.

I was merely commenting about myself as the heavy weights I see other people (far mere experienced than me) posting seem inconcievable in the face my own current experience.

FWIW I am male, 5'9", 185lbs, early 30's, no previous lifting experience, started Stronglifts 5 weeks ago. I am very pleased with my progress (I was posting just yesterday in the w00t room about my Press) but I am in competition with myself only.

Sorry if my comment came accross as glib.

I agree. I'm eager to lift heavy I guess. I'm a 21 year old male 6'1" and 172lbs btw, with some limited lifting experience but still considered a beginner for sure. But I certainly didn't mean to make anyone feel bad about my comment. I'm just an impatient youngster :P. You know, the typical novice whiny warrior. Episode 4 Luke on Tattooine, Hercules when he was first training with Phil in the Disney movie, ect. ;)

@barefoot. One of the best feelings is when those inconceivable weights become your working sets. Took about 12 months for me...

wildross - warriors count tons, not reps

ooooo a story with pictures!

-|||||----------|||||-

+5lbs

how much does that represent? 410?

You win ALL the internetz.

+90!

Lachy, as Blueberries said, +90....so its a race to 500.

Yay! All Your Internetz Are Belong To Me!

Hahahah WizardTrip that is awesome.

And you better get to it. I already caught up to Corey. And in 10 weeks I am going to pull 500. Don't let the smallest big guy win :)

I KNOW!!! I saw that the other day! Big huge frickin' grats! I saw that, it scared me a bit and made me realize I had been slacking. No more slacking, MOAR LIFTING!

Oh no he didn't!

BigM....he talks a big game, but we all know that he's just a a BigSoftyM :)

Definitely benching, squatting, deadlifting, OHP, anything my own bodyweight. Geeze, you think YOU GUYS feels like wannabee warriors, I'm squatting 130 and it kicks my butt >.>
You said it Ducky. Currently on 65kg (145lb) squat and it feels heavy. At the moment I can't even imagine having twice that on me before I reach my goals!
When you/we complain or celebrate our lifts, it's good for us all to remember that we vary in genders, heights, weights, and lifting experience. What's a fantastic lift for one person might be merely a warmup for another taller, more experienced lifter. What's a beginner/intermediate disappointingly low weight for one, might be the maximum potential weight another person could lift, barring steroid use and intensive training.

As far as I'm concerned, you're not a wannabee *anything*, so long as you're pushing yourself as best you can, at whatever level you're at. If you're grunting and straining to lift 30kg, that impresses me more than someone who cruises through their 100kg workout with never a grunt nor bead of sweat to be seen.

Ducky & Barefoot, I actually understand your frustrations when you see the big numbers. I know Athena's response brought some emotion into it, but what is said is correct. At 6'3 230+lbs, lifting for me will be different than someone else based on gender, height, weight, experience, etc. I still consider myself new to most of this, but at the same time, also remember when that single plated up squat bar was a bitch to deal with. My own frustrations typically go along the lines of "At my size, I should be at XYZ, but I'm only at ABC!" and then I feel stuck at a certain weight for far to long *ahem* stupid bench and pain in the ass ohp *ahem*, but then I break through a plateau (take that squat!!) and realize that everything is just a matter of time.

Again, I may be very pleased with my deadlift, but get frustrated with my other lifts when I compare them to others on these forums. In the end, I'm happy with my progress and can't wait to hit my 1 year anniversary of lifting to compare back.

I wanna lift a me. Getting there on the deadlift: 30 more pounds!!!!

I would love to lift enough to stop the snarky comments from curl bros about how cute it is how much I'm lifting. >.< makes me so angry.

Well said Athena. Although I've been "lifting" for a year I wasn't doing it right and wasn't consistent (and certainly wasn't eating enough), so I'm weaker than I want to be, but I'm working on it now and my working sets are most likely most peoples' warmups :) BUT, for the record, I became incredibly motivated a few weeks ago--Spezzy posted on her Facebook page her goals from October 2010, and it included a 150 lb deadlift, and she's obviously so awesome that she will probably hit 400 lbs soon. It's awesome to know that we all start somewhere :)

I'm excited for the lifts that I will accomplish after 1 year of consistently lifting.

1st goal (bw bench press at @156 i think..) check.

2nd goal (2bw squat) on the road (3x5 @187 and i think i can do more now)

3rd and final goal (dream like goal, 3 times bodyweight ANYTHING... thought bench press it would be cool xD).

it's possible no? i mean, i think i can do it, but i've only been working out for a year +- so maybe the strenght will stop coming with the time...

Got a mini goal of using the big plates (20kg/45lb) on squat for my work sets (60kg/135lb total). :)

Long term, I'm looking forward to benching my bodyweight (55kg), deadlifting 100kg or 110kg (nice round number, and the second is double my bodyweight), doing weighted chin-ups for sets of 10, and doing muscle-ups.