Jaicee: mum to 6 week baby

Jaicee

Hi all,

I joined NF just over a year ago with good intentions. I started exercising slowly and was really enjoying it. But shortly afterwards I found myself pregnant with crippling morning sickness. This led to me totally stopping exercise and eating too much.
Jump to now and I have a beautiful baby girl. She's 6 weeks old so essentially I've just completed my first 6 week challenge.
We are going on holiday in 6 weeks time and whilst I'm realistic in what can be done in that time, I'd like to start making some healthy changes and hopefully shed a few pounds.

So my main quest is to lose the baby weight plus the 14lbs I wanted to lose before hand. So that's a grand total of 42lbs - eek!

To do this my 3 goals are:

1- walk 10,000 steps per day.
2- follow the push-up challenge app
3- keep a food diary

I will be starting some moderate exercise in addition to the above, but as I had a c-sect I don't want to put too much pressure on myself yet.

My life side quest is to make time to listen to new music each week - be it an new album of a favourite artist or a spotify playlist with new artists. Music makes me happy!

I guess that's it for now - I'm pretty good at having good intentions but very poor at following them through. So I'm hoping this forum will help keep me motivated.

Its always hard to follow through on things that seem hard. But Im sure you got this. Good luck!

Lvl 1. Human - Swordmage

| STR - 2 | DEX - 2 | INT- 3 | CON - 2 | WIS - 3 | CHA - 3 |

Previous challenge: Respawn of a swordmage

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream- C. S. Lewis

Embrace your dreams. If you want to be a hero, you need to have dreams- Zack Fair FF7 Crisis core

A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage- Hero shade (The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess)

Congrats on the new princess :)

I'm aiming to lose around the same, so I know how that feels!

Sounds like you've got some solid goals in place. I should really follow your lead and commit to a food journal. Good thing I already posted my 3 goals (or else I probably would have failed at this one… :-/ )

What's the push-up app?

Weight Loss Goal: 185 -> 145lbs

25%
25%
Body Fat Goal: 39.3% -> 22%
0%
0%
Distance Run Goal: 0 -> 10k<p>
33%
33%

Thanks Stephanie 😃

I must agree the food tracking is the trickiest of my goals. It's a tedious job, but that said I do know it's good for me. I know I can do it for 6 little weeks!

The press up app is called 100 pushups. It's a basic app which gets you doing them every other day at a steadily increasing rate. I used it a few years ago, starting on my knees, but I could soon do a good number of full pushups plus my back and arms were looking great 😄

Good luck on your goals too, I'll keep an eye on how you're doing.

Mini 1 - Completed

Q: Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)? Is it reasonable?

A: Yes, it's definitely achievable. I'm aiming for the end of the year, but appreciate it may take a little longer. Steady and slow weightloss is my approach.

Q: Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

A: Yes. My 3 quests will all help me lose weight and get stronger

Q: Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?

A: yes, I have purposely made them realistic following 9 months of quite lazy maternity time. I can scale back the target of 10,000 steps a day, but I don't envisage a need to.

Q: Are your goals able to be measured and tracked? What will you use to track them?

A: yes all 3 are measurable. I have the Health App on my phone which will track my daily steps.

I will follow the push-up apps goals which will track my progress.

And I'm using the My Fitness Pal app to track my food intake.

Q: How are you grading your goals? Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)? Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

A: the goals are all Pass/Fail.

Q: Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?

A: all the goals are achievable even during special occasions (although I don't have any scheduled during the 6 weeks)

Q: Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

A: no

Q: Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set? If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

A: yes these goals can be a way of life

Q: Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

A: I will be trying to build in a habit of regular trips to the gym too which will also help me get to my main goal.

First where did you find the mini challenege, cause i seem to be missing it. Great start btw, so much better than mine 

Lvl 1. Human - Swordmage

| STR - 2 | DEX - 2 | INT- 3 | CON - 2 | WIS - 3 | CHA - 3 |

Previous challenge: Respawn of a swordmage

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream- C. S. Lewis

Embrace your dreams. If you want to be a hero, you need to have dreams- Zack Fair FF7 Crisis core

A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage- Hero shade (The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess)

Welcome to the Rebellion!  With your current goals and interests, you've attracted the attention of the Assassins' Guild.... but don't worry, I'm here in a supportive capacity!  Even if you ultimately don't join us, we'd love to help you along on your journey, and there are a lot of people working on goals similar to yours within our black-clad ranks...

If you think you might like to check us out, I hope you'll come by the Assassins' Den chat and say hello!  We're very welcoming killers-in-black, really.      ;)  You can also check out the Assassin Guild Info & Announcements for more info about what's going on with the guild.  We also have our handy Assassin Phonebook, which will allow you to find people who are working on similar skills to yours.  And though we may be the bodyweight guild, we're also a guild of extreme variety - we do a bit of everything!

Additionally, if you like what you see, I encourage you to go introduce yourself on the Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread as well!  There are a lot of fun people hanging out as they consider whether to join us - and you can make new friends, ask questions of guild leadership, post awesome gifs (we wouldn't be Assassins without gif parties) and more!  I hope to see you there soon.

If you ever need anything, feel free to PM me or catch my attention by quoting one of my posts.  Otherwise, I or one of my colleagues will be stopping by to check in on you and celebrate your successes as the challenge goes on.  Now get out there and crush those goals!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Haven't heard from you in a bit. how's it going?

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien