Phylanx : spark alignment

Relic

*beep buzz*

*crackle, pop, whirr*

Ones and zeros!

Things have changed.

I can't workout like I used to, I don't have the me time that I did, and many of my habits have been corrupted. My self cog doesn't fit my life gear and it's caused my identity spark to slip way out of alignment.

Diagnostics advised I scrap the whole system and start fresh, but I can't even afford to overhaul my intake, let alone start replacing parts.

There may be a light at the end of the tunnel, but I seem to have lost the tunnel somewhere along the way.

So what's a robot to do?

Fine tune some intricacies, work on improving the foundation, and learn to debug the programming.

---Main Quest---

Find my identity spark

Mission #1 : Debug the programming

***missiin dropped***

Study/practice java or math

average 5 days/week = A

4 days = B

3 = C

2 = D[b/]

Mission #2 : Rewire the recharge circuits

go to sleep when the kids go to sleep or as soon as I get home from work

2/week = A

10 total = B

8 = C

6 = D

Mission #3 : Dynamic fine tuning

Set 4 mini goals every night to complete the next day

1 point per night setting goals

1 point per goal achieved (max of 4 points)

A = 21 points per week

B = 17

C = 13

D = 9

Mission #4 : Defragment the persistent storage

Meditate for 5 minutes

A = 5 days/week

B = 4

C = 3

D = 2

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

#1 : Math. Short and easy algebra stuff

#2 : No early bedtime, unexpected graveyard shift (boo, hiss...)

#3 : Mini goals for tomorrow

1.)eat a handful+ of greens

2.)put folded laundry away

3.)clean the cat box

4.)put newly purchased tire on bicycle (I haven't ridden it in sooo long)

#4 : Meditation. 10 minutes. I'm new to this, feels kinda unproductive but I'll give it time.

edit

bike tire done

hehe, meditation turned into a nap today.

no studying yet

My bike is back in service! Yay! (after 3 years of dust)

tomorrow's goals :

salad for breakfast

ride bike to work

clean cat box

jump on trampoline

Didn't set my goals last night

goals for today :

foam roll my legs

no XBox after work

drink water before bed

work on laundry

I fell asleep during meditation yesterday and today :P

perhaps a sign that I need to sleep more...

Tonight I plan on getting to bed as soon as I get home from work (mission #2)

I dumped goal #1 because I haven't worked on it yet and I'm more likely to work on it if I'm not stressed about failing a mission

Hey,

falling asleep during meditation happened to me quite often. Since I used a timer and it was usually a very relaxing nap I didn't bother to much ;)

How did your first week go?

Check out our "Adopt a druid" Minichallenge! It's fun!

first week went pretty good!

(really good considering my last challenge :P)

I just saw the mini challenge before I came here, it's a good one.

I've been using two new tools in the search for my spark...

1.)a trampoline *ehem* for the kids of course, I'm not having any fun on it.

2.)my bicycle is up and running again. I can't find the seat, so no long rides, but a great leg workout.

both of these are letting me blow off some exercise steam without threatening to irritate my old injuries, so I'm pretty happy right now.

• Like 1

Sweet! How do you ride a bicycle with no seat? (very carefully, I imagine)

I use a phone app for meditation, which allows you to set timers for various intervals. I like a bell at the beginning, middle, and end of my practice. They have a bunch of singing bowls that you can use as chimes. It really helps with the whole falling asleep thing.

Level 2 Human Druid

3.375 STR / 1.375 DEX / 0 STA / 2 CON / 3.75 WIS / 1 CHA

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Introduction - Daily Battle Log - Challenges 1 - Current

Sweet! How do you ride a bicycle with no seat? (very carefully, I imagine)

I use a phone app for meditation, which allows you to set timers for various intervals. I like a bell at the beginning, middle, and end of my practice. They have a bunch of singing bowls that you can use as chimes. It really helps with the whole falling asleep thing.

My meditationzzzzng is because I keep doing it laying down even though I know I'm tired :P. It makes for a better nap, so I haven't changed how I do it yet. Maybe today I'll meditate sitting up, then take a nap.

I don't really have to be extra careful cycling seatless, I just don't have the luxury of sitting down or riding one handed. I made it to work last week (3 miles) but my legs were jello. So much fun though.

Still on track. I went to bed right after work yesterday and the plan is to do it again tonight. It means no me time :(, but it make getting up in the morning easier :).

I have been very productive yesterday and today. I am giving my meditatinzzzzng the credit. That and the bike riding.

Hey! Phylanx can meditate without falling asleep!

*victory dance*

I did my meditation sitting up, then took a nap.

so far my daily goals that involve exercise haven't been met. I usually do half the intended work. Better than nothing I guess.

Gratz on the non-sleeping ; if it remains an issue ; standing meditations or moving meditations might be a solution.

If it's only the excercises that drop out, you can tackle those allways later ; the mini-goals in a whole seems to be working for you : keep them going!

Nusuth Revamped

Current Challenge

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf 

Jon Kabat-Zinn

A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.

Napoleon Hill

Ya, I'd say the mini goals are going well, and it's not like I'm sedentary, I just haven't been completing my exercise mini goals.

I think even the basic meditation that I have been doing is paying off. I had an unexpected zen moment at work today. I got very relaxed and enjoying the moment when I'd normally be bored or worse.

My goals are slipping, but unlike the last bunch of challenges, I am not stressing about it (in turn causing me to fall further behind).

Just keep swimming

Just keep swimming

getting to bed in a timely manner is a joke. I've probably done it 3 times so far.

Meditating is going not too great, but I'm doing it at least every other day, way better then pre challenge.

My mini goals are going great. Right on track, if not better.

Overall, my mental state has been pretty stable, which is something that I really needed, so I'm pretty happy with where I'm headded right now.

Another challenge essentially bombed...

Mission 1 : study math or programming

I scrapped it early on because it wasn't happening and the stress of failing it was making me avoid it more.

I did, learn how to install a linux OS and how to write/run a java program (hello world), so a few mini baby steps were taken.

Mission 2 : go to bed on time

Out of the 12 times I was shooting for, I managed a whopping 3. I still won't make this a priorety. I must be addicted to staying up too late.

I noticed a major difference in my morning productiveness when well rested.

Mission 3 : set 4 goals at night for the next day

I like how this goal went. I wouldn't say it was wildly successful, there were good and bad weeks, but it gave me a small sence of control in my life, something that I have been missing.

Mission 4 : meditate

I never did it before, and mostly this ended up as a great pre-nap relaxation, but despite that, I now can see the benefits. When I was consistent, I had a less negative inner self.

Next challenge:

I will be organized/premeditative in my goal tracking.

I will bring back my mini goals in some capacity.

And I think more gifs, gifs are fun