Welcome welcome welcome! Jaz Xiao Long here, joining the Crystal Gem squad for this challenge (Steven Universe is currently taking over my life) and the Assassins. I've been here once before, though due to life, I dropped out of it - that was two challenges ago. Now I'm back, and ready to give this challenge the business! :D

Main Quest: Be as awesome as the Crystal Gems.

tumblr_nmhoifzEiW1u0ew4po1_400.gif

All of them. Together. Like when they make Alexandrite. No one told me space rocks would be such nice role models.

Side Quest 1: Start training to be as strong as Garnet one day.

tumblr_nf08aoUlRJ1s03lrno1_400.gif

Going to be making use of the NerdFitness Bodyweight Circuit this time around, at least 3x a week.

A: 18 workouts +2 STR, +1 STA. B: 15 workouts +1 STR, +1 STA. C: 12 workouts +1 STR

Side Quest 2: Upgrade my flexibility. Try to get on Pearl's level.

tumblr_njbqs6VP6l1s03lrno1_400.gif

Look at that level of flexibility Pearl shows. This is everyday. I need this. Backflips would be so easy. I want to achieve this, and that includes some serious stretching, possibly yoga.

A: Stretched everyday, +3 DEX. B: Stretched every other day, +2 DEX. C: Stretched every other other day, +1 DEX.

Side Quest 3: Make room to eat right. Like Amethyst did for her omelette.

tumblr_mzsf82W9U31ql3s8po1_500.gif

At first, I was thinking about going Paleo again hence the beauty of Amethyst throwing milk and a bag of bagels on the floor to make room for an egg. However I'm going to focus on more just cleaning up my eating all together.

A: 80/20 +2 CON. B: 70/30 +1 CON. C: 60/40 +0.5 CON.

Life Quest: Enjoy the little things. Like Steven!
tumblr_njew4nvQ9k1u8cv1do1_500.gif

He's so excited about the rock, I want to be that excited about a rock. I want to be that excited about a lot of things, so time to get my optimism on! So I plan on writing things I was excited about on a slip of paper, then dropping it into a mason jar.

A: 42 notes, +2 CHA. B: 35 notes, +1 CHA. C: 28 notes, +0.5 CHA.

Motivation: I've been really attached to the Crystal Gems as of late, particularly Garnet, and I want to be as powerful as these gorgeous space rocks. (I also want to do a Garnet cosplay later this year.) To me, these ladies are all about maximizing their powers and using their bodies and gem powers with a great functionality. Soooo time to level up!

In summary: 3x a week bodyweight circuits, daily stretching to improve flexibility, 80/20 rule when it comes to clean eating, and enjoy the little things.

• Like 3

Jaz Xiao Long | Level 2 Assassin | Half-Giant
STR: 1 | DEX: .75 | CHA: 2.5 | CON: 5.5 | WIS: 2 | STA: 1.25
"We do what we need to do, and then we live." -Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead.
Current Challenge | Challenge 1

Day 1

@Noor: It's such a wonderful show isn't it? Steven Universe has been taking over my life since I bingewatched it in one night about a month ago. I always thought it was a really cool show when it first aired too! It was a tough decision between a Steven Universe theme or a Legend of Korra; you can see who won. 

As for my progress report today:

- Quest 1: Managed two of three sets for the bodyweight circuits and now my thighs are killing me. I had to replace the walking lunges with standup curls in the second set, but I might have to find something to replace it with for a couple of weeks - I was thinking about lying hip extensions. Maybe when my flexibility upgrades, I'll try them again. Though it always could have been that I didn't warm up properly... 

- Quest 2: Got my stretches in twice during my circuit, mostly because I was going to say forget the second set, but persevered after I'd stretched. Used these stretches to get my flexing in.

Quest 3: Today was pretty good actually. Could've done better considering I had some ice cream, but I'll just remind myself not to buy any next time I go grocery shopping. I bought a lot of fruit today, so going to get my veggie on tomorrow.

Quest 4: Started off the NF 6-week challenge strong!

Until tomorrow, folks!

• Like 1

Rock it!  I feel you on the ice cream.  Most of last week was spent in our house  eating all the bad carby and sugary foods we had so we could go on our whole 42 without temptation. I like your basic stretching routine too- have you ever considered adding some yoga? I enjoy the full body focus and meditation added in with the stretching. 

Lv 0 Leandran Ranger

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0| WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Current Challenge: Surakha Rises: The hunt for Ebon

tumblr_nl9rmk7D6w1rgzo0po5_400.gif

Jaz Xiao Long coming at you with a Day 5 update!

@Evermist: Thank you thank you! I'll try to make this as awesome as possible :D
@Noor: It's just so good, such a delicious frozen dairy product! ;~; You guys got this too! As for yoga, I tried it once and I don't think I was doing it right... I do want to try it out again though, so maybe I'll check it out, visit some druids, and throw it into the challenge!

No bodyweight workouts in the last few days due to some unyielding thigh pains, but today and Sunday are circuit days! :D

Stretchy stretch stretch stretching everyday so far 'cept Tuesday.

I've been doing some pretty good eats what with cooking all my own food and whatnot this week. Stirfry, sesame chicken and rice for the win!

Be happy, be happy, don't worry! Learned how to make sesame chicken on Tuesday, one of the kids I tutored crushed all of her homework during our session on Wednesday, an enjoyable haul of cute shirts on Thursday!

And that's everything for the last three days! I forgot how much I enjoyed cooking for myself, can't wait until I get paid again to stock up on ingredients. I'm also considering buying some dumbbells as my folks tend to look at me a little funny when I'm lifting the milk jugs.

• Like 1

Subbed! Well done on the Sesame Chicken. You'll have your diet cleaned up in no time. Awesome job on the challenge so far. Keep up the good work!

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

STR 9 | WIS 6 | CON 8 | CHA 3 | DEX 6 | INT 6

Current Challenge

Chapter 1 - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 -Chapter 4 - Chapter 5 - Chapter 6

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." - Eleanor Roosevelt

tumblr_ni8ues5n3t1tkhqtso1_500.gif

Week 1 Summary

Quest 1: Garnet

Got in a total of two bodyweight workouts last weeks (I slept in until the very last minute before I had to go work Sunday); going to be a little ballsy and get in four this week! Grade: B

Quest 2: Pearl

Did the full stretch routine four days out of the week, did brief stretches the other three. Grade: B

Quest 3: Amethyst

Cooking for myself is sooo much fun and way healthier than picking things up from my job. Made some red potatoes and green beans, still nomming on those suckers. But I grabbed a lunch or two from my job, and got quite a bit of ice cream in me, yuuum. Grade: B

Quest 4: Steven

All the notes for last week were written and slipped into the mason jar! Grade: A

@CoderGatherer: Sesame chicken is so good. Thinking about going for Kung Pao this week. And thanks for the vote of confidence!

@Noor: Oooh, contagious energy, sounds like I'm living a Steven-y life! XD And thanks for the tip, I was considering snagging 'em from WalMart, but Amazon is always nice - who doesn't like having something to look forward to in the mail?

tumblr_nlbog6DzkZ1uq8fseo1_500.gif

Stand back everyone. I'm going to blow up all hesitation to be awesome this week.

• Like 2

| Day 8 |

Completed the bodyweight workout today...and managed to get through a solid three sets!! I had a little bit of a struggle with the last set of pushups but I pushed and I did it and my arms are sore but I am so proud of myself right now. I also discovered that 5lb dumbbells (what my gran had) is a little too light for my tastes, so think I'm going to shoot for 10lbs. I also replaced lunges with fire hydrants as they're a little easier on my legs when the day's out.

Stretched it oooouuuuttttt today like no other. Did my routine right after my circuit, and I felt soooo much more flexible, I was maybe an inch away from touching my toes! I can still touch my toes during the hurdlers stretch, but I want to be able to go all the way over my foot like I could back in high school.

Finished off those potatoes and green beans today, looking for a new recipe to try out as I type this actually. Looks like it's going to be plenty of vegetables todaaay. And this week for that matter.

I TOTALLY DID THREE WHOLE SETS OF THE CIRCUIT WITHOUT STOPPING.

tumblr_nl6g5hQKue1u1e188o1_500.gif

• Like 3

Awesome job on the bodyweight workout! That sounds tough. Are you doing the basic or advanced workout?

High fives all around! 
tumblr_mnh52jWHCd1ss9lz5o1_500.gif

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face." - Eleanor Roosevelt

tumblr_nkv7649haL1qdi5kdo1_400.gif

Week 2 Summary

1/3 workouts. Grade: F

2/7 stretches. Grade: F

Did not eat alot of anything this week. And when I did it eat, it was generally good stuff though. Grade: B-

I wrote the notes though. :D Grade: A

Not a good week. I was so busy with work and sleeping that I didn't get to do anything that wasn't related to it! However, my birthday was the 21st and I turned 20 so that was really nice (even though I slept and studied all day). I also did a couple of exercises for the mini-challenge though. I really didn't like the way last week went at all - so I'm hopping back on the wagon this week. Wish me luck.

@Evermist: Hopefully I can get back on the awesome train!

tumblr_nk5bxwpnDz1rlqrw7o1_540.gif

Time to regenerate.

• Like 2

Happy belated Birthday! How's your regen going? Hoping you have an awesome week!

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log

Okay, so this MIA is officially over.

tumblr_nmbrhlVqFu1r3f7q1o1_500.gif

Heeeeeeey there, party people! Jaz Xiao Long here coming at you with a fairly late (overdue) update! Been a little tied up what with school ending in two weeks, an excessive shorthandedness at work AND I just got a new charger for my laptop this morning before I ran off to work. Why don't I post from my smart phone you ask? Because I can't post GIFs. Boom. There goes the canon. 

On to the updates!

Week 3 Summary

2/3 workouts. Grade: C

4/7 stretches. Grade: C

Good foods when I managed time to get something into my system. Grade: B

5/7 notes.  :D Grade: B

Week 4 Summary

1/3 workouts. Injured my wrists doing parkour so no pushups and the rest of my body has been stupid sore this week. Grade: C

6/7 stretches. Aching bones. Grade: B

I didn't do any of my own cooking. I also didn't eat much, but when I did, it wasn't all good stuffGrade: B-

I managed to get another jumble of notes out.  :D Grade: A

@Evermist: Don't fall! You need those legs for escaping you know!? And thank you kindly for the belated birthdays, greatly appreciated!
@Noor: Thank you! And ain't that the truth? Just imagine what would've happened if the Gems said forget it every time they got beat down...oh Rose Quartz, I don't even want to think about it! BUT WE GOT THIS.
@CoderGatherer: Thanks for the birthday wishes! And the regen is going a little less smoothly than I had hoped but hey. there's still time to crush it!

So the last weeks haven't been super awesome but not super bad either. And we've still got two weeks to go. So c'mon, Rebels. Let's crush this.

tumblr_nl4o3fMA1u1qa0n48o1_540.gif

tumblr_mvq02bmlMx1rkrn29o1_1280.gif

Hello! How's your week going? Awesome job getting your notes and stretches in! Can't wait to hear more about your gem adventures :)

CoderGatherer

Fire Genasi - Level 5

Current Challenge

Proud Tricerasister

Battle Log