Here are my daily goals for this challenge:

Q1- 15 minutes of movement 

Q2 - 5 Freggies

Q3 - 5-10 minutes of meditation 

I don't have any life quests right now because until mid-june it is going to be crazy busy and at this point I just want to get through it.  My daughter is graduating this june.  In addition to graduation, we have her last dance recital, prom, track meets, college visits and picking a college.  I started training for a muddy obstacle course challenge at the end of july. (Not as bad as the tough mudder - it has a beer tent half way thru it.   I have started by doing the couch to 5K work out plan and strength training including the BBWW.  I will always work at doing chin-ups and pull ups.  Gotta love Sarah Connor. 

I'll add more to this at a later date.  I just wanted to get it started so I don't procrastinate.  More info. in a bit. 

Liser Frenche

Level 1 - STR : 1.3 | DEX : 1.5 | STA : 1.5 | CON : 1.5 | WIS : 0 | CHA : 0

Current Challenge  /Battle Log I   

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

MFP username: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/liserfrenche

"Strive for Progress, Not Perfection"

week 1, Day 1

Q1-15 minutes of movement.  15 minute walk at lunch and work one of the couch to 5K workout. I did it!   I wasn't sure how I would do since I have not been very active. It was tough though.  My TMC is in about 15 weeks, so I want to stay focused on doing this 3 times a week.

Q2 - 5 freggies - craisins, baby carrots, kiwi, apple, 2 cups of roasted cauli/broc

Q3 - listened to two meditation videos.  One on gratitude and one on love

this article reminded me how positive meditation and gratitude can be

http://www.dailygood.org/story/1013/my-trouble-with-mindfulness-jill-suttie/

• Like 1

Liser Frenche

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

stealthsticher - I am hoping the meditation keeps me grounded.  Thanks for the support!

Liser Frenche

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

Q1 - 15 minutes of movement. I did 5 min warm-up + 25 min. of strength including 1 set of the BBWW and 1 set of an obstacle course training workout I found in Self magazine.  5 min stretch afterward.  Took a 14 min walk at lunch

Q2 - 5 freggies - Yes! strawberries, blueberries. yellow pepper, salad, froz mango and froz cherries.  The sugar monsters were really busy today. Definitely need to get a handle on that.  

Q3- meditation - yes a 10 min. guided meditation in the AM. 

Overall a good day.  Ate too much, mostly 'cause I had too many treats.  

Liser Frenche

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

The sugar monsters are tough for me this round.  I thought I would jump back in and be successful like I was last time, but I think I'm just not totally motivated yet.  I joined your group in the mini-challenge for Adventurers, since we're both working on freggies and limiting sweets!  Hopefully the others join in as well :)

• Like 1

High Wood Elf - Level 2

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 1

Current Challenge:  2.2  Past Challenges:  2.1  1        A little about me . . .

Q1- 15 min of movement.  C25K-W1 WO2 (30 min) + 5 min stretching; just one more work out and I have completed the first week of C25K. 

Q2- freggies - strawberries, baby carrots, veggie lentil soup (3 veggie servings!), froz mango/cherries, 

Q3- yep, 10 min meditation at lunch.  Still expecting someone to walk in at me at lunch while I am meditating. Oh the weird look I will get when I say I am meditating. 

rgbb - Great!!!  You are such an upbeat person - I am psyched you are on my team!  We'll nail this challenge! Any ideas for a name?  I hope more people join.

I really enjoy having the freggies as a quest - it forces me to plan out my meals.  If I had meal planning as a quest, I was crash and burn.  So my freggies are a back handed way to eating healthier. Lovin' it! 

Liser Frenche

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

Hey Liser! Nice challenge. I think we will be good team mates. This spring looks thrilling! Let's rock it!

I just joined your team, and about the name, what about springcrushers?

• Like 1

Programmer, Electronic circuits designer, Ultimate Frisbee lover, Photography enthusiast

Third time "first" 4 week challenge |  Follow me on Runkeeper - Facebook - Instagram

Hey Liser! Nice challenge. I think we will be good team mates. This spring looks thrilling! Let's rock it!

I just joined your team, and about the name, what about springcrushers?

I am so happy your joined our team.  I like the name too! Can't wait to crush this challenge. 

Liser Frenche

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

Week 1, Day 4 (thursday)

Q1 - 15 min of movement-  Yes! went to my 1 hour step class today and did 20 minutes of strength this AM (2 set of the BBWW and 1 set of obstacle wo). 

Q2 - 5 freggies - yes, craisins, red pepper (2 veg servings), dole fruit cup, strawberries, salad

Q3 - meditation - yes, I am still discovering new and exciting (or I should say relaxing) meditations on youtube.  I did my meditation tonight - that was a little weird since my daughter is around and it is noisy, but it went by fast and I did relax. The week is going well so far.  I was really tired this morning though. All this exercise will take some getting use to. Going to be early will be really important too. 

Liser Frenche

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

Congrats! The week looks great!

You'll get used to that excercise ;)

Have you tried the calm.com app? You can visit it on your computer or install it on your phone. I like it.

See you around!

• Like 1

Programmer, Electronic circuits designer, Ultimate Frisbee lover, Photography enthusiast

Third time "first" 4 week challenge |  Follow me on Runkeeper - Facebook - Instagram

Week 1, Day 5 TGIF!!!!

Q1- 15 min of movement.  yes, I finished Week 1 of the "couch to 5k" - woot! woot! My speed and recovery time improved during the week - Yes! So I got 30 min of cardio out for today

Q2 - 5 freggies - froz veggies in my omellete,  "to be continued"

Q3 - meditation - yep, a 10 min meditation. unguided...hhmmm, that sounds funny.  computer was acting up so I did the corpse pose and concentrated on breathing and relaxing.  Sometimes the 10 minutes goes by so fast, however today it seemed to drag.  

I am heading out for NY and then Vermont for the weekend.  My daughter and I are wrapping up our college visits. My plan for my freggies  is to pack portable freggies like apples, baby carrots, strawberries, etc to eat during the trip grabbing a salad when we eat in restaurants.  For my exercise - I did my workout for today, tomorrow we will get plenty of walking visiting Ithaca, Sunday I want to do a strength work out in our hotel room - maybe I'll get the nerve to check out the hotel fitness center - and Monday more walking at UVM.  Meditation will be tricky.  I'll do my best at that one.  My daughter likes to talk, I don't think she will be able to contain herself while I try to meditate.  I'll get her to try it too. :)

I hope the hotels we stay in have wifi, if they do, I'll check in and report back on my adventures. 

Liser Frenche

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

Good job in your training plan! Looks like those 5k are getting shorter and shorter!

Nice weekend plan! It will be real though to keep the momentum, so try your best, we will be proud, and so will your daughter.

Although... Quality chat time with your daughter should count as meditation... I would count it!

You gave me an idea for a weekend mini ;)

• Like 1

Q3 - meditation - yep, a 10 min meditation. unguided...hhmmm, that sounds funny.  

Off-road, solo meditation ... that's living on the edge. 

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Oh my goodness...what a long long trip (21+ hours of driving).  My daughter and I only got into one big tiff, which is amazing since we were together pretty much non-stop from Friday through Monday night.  Cool thing is we saw a couple shooting stars during our drive Friday night.  I did very poorly with my challenges.  The only one that I really did was the movement quest because of all the walking during the college visits.  I guess it gives me some insight on my big problem areas - being out of my normal routine and being tired.  I have the same issue when my parents visit with me.  So far today I did get my meditation in and plan to get a walk in later.  I brought a bunch on fruits and veggies to work with me so I will hit that quest too today.  So I will salvage this week and I am pretty much back on track!  

• Like 1

Liser Frenche

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

Awesome! People say cool things happen when you see a shooting star, so be prepared!!!

We knew the weekend out was going to be tough on your challenges, but is good you found a reminder of why are you here.

Let's tackle this week!

I guess it gives me some insight on my big problem areas - being out of my normal routine and being tired.  I have the same issue when my parents visit with me. 

Sticking to your goals when your routine vanishes on you is like balancing on a ball that's floating in water - it's not impossible but it's really hard! If you get back on track instead of falling apart afterward, I'd call that a win.

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

sorry i disappeared.  I never imagined things would get so crazy. With my daughter graduating and a big project at work it has been hectic to say the least.  I saw Steve's blog and did my 30 push ups and wanted to try to reconnect.  I don't know if I will do a challenge.  I seem to have completion issues.  I may do one on my own perhaps? 

Liser Frenche

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

Ha, I was just thinking about how I dropped off the Nerd Fitness planet for the last challenge ... I just didn't feel like doing anything organized. I was contemplating getting back on board for the next challenge ...

You could always find some people to follow for the challenge and leave them encouraging messages and things, so you could be connected to the community without committing fully to doing a challenge.

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

Yes, following and interacting with a few people is what I plan to do for the next challenge.  Stealthstitcher, I'll watch for your challenge thread.  :)

Liser Frenche

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn