Pr0zak's get moving challenge

Pr0zak

I've been on the forums and on the facebook group for ages but I've never actually complete a 6 week challenge so I decided to post it in recruits.

So my overall goal, which won't happen in 6 weeks is to get down to 70kg or 154 pounds. I have a couple of mini milestones that I want to break it into, the first is to get below 80kg (176lbs), the second is to get to 75kg (165lbs) and then the final 70kg.

To help me get there, for the 6 weeks my goals are:

1. Follow my eating plan with deviations only for special occasions, ie. birthdays, special dinners with family etc. The eating plan is basically ~1600 cal, 100g carbs a day, focus on whole foods not processed crap. The eating plan I'm going to use has 'indulgence foods' built into it, so I'm hoping it will be easy to stick with.

2. For the first 3 weeks exercise 30mins (walking, yoga, exercise vid etc) 5x a week with a minimum of one strength/weights session a week.

3. For the last 3 weeks exercise 30mins 7x a week with a minimum of 2x strength/weights sessions a week.

My motivation for doing this is to feel good about myself, like what I see when I look in the mirror and be able to wear all the awesome clothes I have that I can't fit into anymore.

My non fitness/weight loss goals are to:

1. Save $800 a fortnight

2. Do a bit of study everyday for uni and finish my assignments early for once so I have time to review them properly!

I have started and failed so many weight loss things that I need keep myself on track and accountable so I will post on here at least once a week with an honest update of progress. If anyone wants an accountability buddy I'm up for that!

I'm currently in Japan but will be home tomorrow so I will post starting stats etc. on Thursday.

Let's do this!

STR 4, DEX 1, STA 4, CON 4, WIS 2, CHA 2

Challenge Thread |Blog

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, starting stats as at Thurs 16th April:

Weight: 85.6 kg (188.71 pounds) :((

Waist measurement at belly button: 101 cm (39.7 inches)

Measurement 5cm below belly button: 106 cm (41.7 inches)

So, not a good place to start, but it does mean I have plenty of room for improvement!

This week has been a short week for me because I was overseas until Wednesday afternoon, since I've been back my eating has been on track but my exercising hasn't. I blame jetlag but next week there will be no excuses, it will be done!

My current challenge is getting through the weekend without letting everything fall apart, I'm about to go to a baby shower (Afternoon tea) so I will have to restrain myself from eating all cake. I'm taking healthy snacks though so I will stick to those as much as possible.

Challenge Thread |Blog

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm in Sydney :) How was the baby shower? (if you don't mind me asking)

Ahh not far then :) 

It was good actually, although I did eat cake, I didn't go crazy and didn't feel really sick from overeating after so that was good. It was a good baby shower too, we decorated the nursery, so that kept us busy!

• Like 1

Challenge Thread |Blog

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great work! I haven't heard of those video before - so I google and they look tough! I was thinking about getting myself some beach body p90x videos when I'm a bit fitter but those look good  too

Weirdly, my boyfriend introduced me to them! No idea how he found them. They're good because you can modify them to suit your fitness, there's always one or two people in the video doing a low impact, or low resistance version of the exercises. Px90 looks super hard core!! 

Challenge Thread |Blog

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agrh, was doing awesome today, went for a 35min power walk/run before work, was totally on track with my calories until after dinner when I ate 5 mini kit kats! I'm an idiot because I brought them home from work to take to someone on the weekend, when really I should have just left them at work and I wouldn't have touched them.

I was ravenous before dinner, so I'm sure that didn't help. I think I need to be eating more protein in the late afternoon before I leave work to get me through to dinner time without eating everything in the house when I get home. 

Oh well, not the end of the world, just room for improvement tomorrow!! I am aiming to do a strength workout tomorrow (a Chalean vid), I have to say my legs are stiff just from the cardio one of hers I did yesterday so I can only imagine how sore I'm going to be after a strength workout. It'll be a good pain though I'm sure!

Challenge Thread |Blog

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, the good - did my strength training for this week yesterday, woo! Just did one of the Chalean extreme videos, it wasn't so bad.  My eating yesterday was good too.

The bad - today did not go to plan. There was bingeing. I was cooking a whole bunch of stuff to freeze for next week, but it just ended up with me constantly eating bits of it. I also ate a stupid number of dried apricots (I cannot have dried fruit in the house! This is not the first time) which is dumb because it has given me a stomach ache. So stupid. I think the issue with coking was that I was kind of hungry when I started cooking and then it just spiraled out of control. Next time I will eat a proper meal first and then do all the other cooking, so I should hopefully be less likely to do it. 

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day, hopefully lesson learnt.

Challenge Thread |Blog

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]