KitBi12 - Pathfinder

KitBi12

Time to enjoy the sunshine!

flower-fox.jpg

Last challenge, I vacillated wildly between being carefree and anxiously obsessing over every little non-existent detail in my hypothetical versions of reality. Frankly, it’s exhausting. Far too exhausting. And it led to my being very inactive on the forums.

This spring is all about joy! I’m going to work towards establishing healthy habits* and spending a little time each day doing something basic that causes me anxiety but really, really shouldn't (e.g., doodling, playing music, singing in front of people, etc.) as a sort of very slow immersion therapy.

"We find our path by walking it." - Maya Angelou

There are far too many things that I avoid because I’d rather be calm and colorless than vibrant and unstable. I’m hoping that by just doing what makes me feel best (happier, healthier, etc.), I’ll start to find a path that can be calm and vibrant.

I’m hoping to incorporate more play into my schedule: hiking/walking, reading out of doors, drawing, playing music, and 150% more listening to funk while driving with the windows down.

*Healthy habits such as low grain diet, going to the gym in the mornings, getting enough sleep, doing something small for 'me' like leaving work on time or skipping a chore to do something relaxing. 

+5 CON

- Morning gym

- Evening walk

- 7+ hours of sleep on average

+5 STA

- Daily doodles

- Weekly playing music

- Fun cruises (singing in from of driving companions)

- Doing something good for me that potentially inconveniences other people

- Writing in a public forum (RPG fanatics, a mini-challenge, etc.)

+5 WIS

- Reading

- Learning a skill (e.g., how to repair my car)

- Developing a new assay at work 

- Learning the nuances of a new program at work (I will learn change controls!)

• Like 3

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

Level: 6

STR 10 | DEX 10 | STA 7.5 | CON 13 | WIS 16.5 | CHA 12.5

Ch. 1 Ch. 2 Ch. 3 | Ch. 4| Ch. 5| Ch. 6Ch. 7Ch. 8

RPG Fanatics

"Make a fray of your own." - E.O. Wilson, Advice to Young Scientists

Week 1: 

Monday:

I got in a little walk while at work today, and learned a lot about how to develop a new assay. We're starting to look at the nuances of molecular testing. It's so exciting!  XD I managed to stay low grain, and have foregone washing the pots from last night's dinner party in favor of chatting with you lovelies. ;) 

RPG Fanatics - " Lastly is the Charisma Bonus.  The townsfolk have their faith that you will continue the journey and destroy the rest of the evils that lay in the land. Because of this, for a time, everyone had +10 Charisma points. However, for every week that people do not post, they LOSE a Charisma point. You don't want to lose the realm's favor and respect; then that means to post a bit of story each week. I'm not looking for paragraphs or anything close to what I post.  Even 4 sentences of BLUE ITALIC TEXT is enough to make sure you're alive and well.  This is an accountability group- let's start being accountable."  Darn you, Teros! *shakes fist playfully* 

I've posted enough to ensure I'm alive and well. Check! 

Tuesday:

Stayed up too late on Monday to hit the gym this morning, but I did get a full night's sleep. To treat myself, I read while waiting for the shuttle (as opposed to writing protocols on a laptop while sitting on a curb), am taking an actually lunch break, and am meeting a friend for dinner.

*crosses fingers that my experiment works*

Wednesday:

Thursday:

No gym today.. but I left work a tiny bit early (in regards to my psuedo-schedule, not hours) and went to the park! The boy and I walked around a lake and a golf course in an urban park that nature has started to reclaim. Then we picked up a friend and went for burgers (nutritional downgrade from a home cooked meal, but socially a plus). Plenty of sleep. 

Friday:

Decent food today despite being fed by work, and am designating the evening for laundry and mentally recouping from the week. 

Saturday:

Today took a surprising turn with a spontaneous road trip! Sitting in a car is certainly different from the day at the gym I had planned... but it's all good. Lots of social time and bonding. Plus, a few hours of groovin' music and beautiful weather never hurt anyone. ;)  

I bought into a local CSA (community supported agriculture)! This should mean a summer high in fresh, seasonal veggies and new recipes. :D This particular farm didn't offer half shares, so my boyfriend and I will be eating vegetables for our imaginary 2 children. So many veggies. o.o  

Sunday:

Had all of the sleep. So much sleep... but I did get to the gym. :D Got to see some buddies and did a horrible job of interacting with people. (Temp -1 CHA). opps... Only had a 1 little bread item when out with friends. Considering we went to a pub, I'm happy about that.

Week 1 - CON - all of the sleep was had, and I did have a low grain week. I went for walks, but didn't get to do much at the gym (running and weights). (4/5)

STA - I haven't played my clarinet or doodled (yet), but I did something small for myself every day. I wrote a big ole gob of text for RPG and participated in the mini. Gave myself a little push social (and bombed...), but that's okay. >.> (3/5?)

WIS - I did everything I could at work and leared some little things at home. Perhaps, not a heavy week for WIS. (2/5)

• Like 5

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

I wholeheartedly approve of this challenge! *commences lurkage*

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Good luck! I love the foxes.

Level 2 Human Druid

3.375 STR / 1.375 DEX / 0 STA / 2 CON / 3.75 WIS / 1 CHA

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Introduction - Daily Battle Log - Challenges 1 - Current

I have to learn how to dance like that while driving. It may distract other road warriors even more than drumming on the steering wheel (and dash... and other nearby surfaces...). 

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

I love the sound of your challenge, taking time to do  the things you enjoy doing, definitely something I could learn from :)

good luck!

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

STR:19 ~ DEX:6 ~ CON:21 ~ WIS:20 ~ STA:12 ~ CHA:9

Current Challenge - Previous Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies within 10 feet of the pack."

Week 2:

Monday:

Sleep was had and the gym was attended. No grains so far.

Must make the machines (at work) cooperate with me. >.<

Tuesday:

No gym this morning (planned, Tuesday is rest morning), but I went for a walk once the sun came out today. Three Friends by Gentle Giant is the album of the day.

No grains today. For anyone with a juicer/cold press, orange with jalapeno is a tasty morning treat. :) Last night for in town acquaintances, so soon it's gaming time (then I can finally clean up. My priorities are completely straight >.>).

I've started planning a mini-vacation for when my dear, dear friend visits for a weekend in May. Going all out. I'm humming with excitement, and it's still a month a way!  

The machines have begrudgingly bent to my will. Success (for now)!

Wednesday:

Veggie, soup, and tofu heavy day. Day 2 of going to the gym in the morning. 

I spent the day helping a training a coworker and finally stopped procrastinating on writing summary for my development projects. It's so easy to look at the data, decide on a course of action and simply more on without writing the rational. >.> Also, the machines are cooperating. 

Animal-PleasedFox.jpg

Thursday:

The machines have unshackled me early today! I've managed to do a few chores and finally, finally get to cook. My video game won't load... :/ Just means I can't procrastinate on more chores (like I'm doing right now?). Resting up for a day of paperwork.

Friday:
From what I can remember, I ate decently (there was a slice of pizza somewhere in the mix this week. Don't remember what day...) but didn't make it to the gym in the morning. I'm getting an interesting assignment at work. Lots of brain power... but very exciting. 

Saturday:
Super social day! Long brunch with a good friend and an evening bar hopping (little drinking) and listening to bands with work friends. We had a blast! even if the bands were... interesting. >.> I learned a version of how to play darts, ate way to many peanuts and french fries, and had some quality time with the boyfriend (keeping warm while listening to a pretty decent rock band). 

Sunday:
Day of rest and relaxation: slept in, finished Mass Effect 3 (!), read in bed, browsed for recipes, caught up on a few TV series, and ate high veggie-low cal. 

+5 CON

When to the gym twice, went for walks, managed to get all sorts of sleep. It wasn’t as much working out as I wanted, but it’s as much as I’ve done successfully in any other challenges (5/5)

+5 STA

It wasn’t daily, but I did doodle this week. I drew some little fishes. I went cruisin’ with friends and listened to some fly, poorly balanced music. I left work ‘early’ one day (much to the shock of my coworkers), and even brutally killed a clown (in RPG). I haven’t played my clarinet yet… I… actually managed to relax this week. I only got fussy for now reason once. >.> (4/5)

+5 WIS

I read a bit this week and have started listening to ‘Stuff you should know’ podcasts while at the gym. This week was the Berlin Wall, Polyamory, and Easter. I’m going to get to play with some new software soon. Much excitement!  (3/5)

• Like 4

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

I'm imagining you yelling at the machines at work like Tony Stark. Just fyi.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

:)

Following for foxes

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Hi, Kit!

Big hugs and thanks for the tea - it's a treat every time I make some.

Great challenge goals- looking forward to cheering you on.

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

I'm stopping by to tell you that I'm liking what I'm seeing here!  Keep up the good work!  :)

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Hey Flea! Sometimes, that machine is my beautiful baby, and I’m very protective. Other times… I would kick it if I weren’t so short. >.<  To be fair, the more I learn about my baby, the easier it is to adapt to her idiosyncrasies. I probably sound like a nut trying to train people, but I refer to let her brake again!

Red, I shall provide the foxes.

Fennec-Fox-5.jpg

CA! Hugs instead of foxes?

Hi, Heidi! I hope everything is going smoothly and you’re able to find moments if not hours and says worth of peace. (Fist bump for Graeme. I bet that dive roll was epic. Hope he’s healing quickly.) Was one flavor of tea better than the other? Teros and I tried to choose from smell alone.  

Little Turtle, welcome aboard!
How did you become a runner? It looks like such a good thing… but I haven’t convinced myself to get off the arc trainer. 

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Obviously you just need to take a running jump to kick it. New challenge goal? lol who cares if you sound like a nut? If it works, it works! 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hey Kit! Graeme is epic indeed, and is kind of proud to be sporting his First Ever Broken Bone (from parkour, no less).

Love both teas, but would choose the vanilla if pressed - it is so freaking good.

Drama and chaos continue to swirl around me, but I just keep knitting.

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

• Like 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

So, week 3 happened. Sort of disappeared there... From what I can recall, I went to the gym on two mornings, did a bunch bunch bunch of social things without doing anything super embarrassing or rude, probably ate decently and got enough sleep. 

On to week 4!

Monday:

Went to the gym but was a wussy. Ate well, was a grumpy gus. 

Tuesday:

Super long day at work (13 hours?) but managed to do a number of successful things. Very tired, very achy, but content enough. Food was whatever I could grab (tuna sandwiches, chicken, etc.); definitely at bread... Sleep of the dead afterwards. 

Wednesday:

Revived! No workout and ate sugary delights, but I was super productive at work and home. I got out before sunset and cleaned my house while listening to Earth, Wind and Fire. *grooves* Food is cooked, the dishes are washed, and the laundry is done. Score for mini-dancer! 

Thursday:

Data, data, data and sleep. 

Friday:

Slept in, did all sorts of paperwork, helped out a coworker, forgot I had a cooking class - flew over. It meant is missed a dinner with coworkers and was late to something. I hate being late for things. Normally, I would have been an anxious mess (late, disappointing people, interrupting a class, on and on), but... I was fine. I enjoyed my drive, did a silly wave to the class when the instructor called me out on being late, and moved on. Enjoyed my dinner and didn't fixate.  I've been fine with a lot of things that used to make me anxious. Really, really anxious.  

Feels like a win. 

Continuing my brave streak, I texted my coworkers after the class to see if the party was still going. And it was. I drove to the bar, my coworker bought me a drink (normally would not have accepted that), and stayed out with people until after 2 am. No panicking. No worrying. No checking myself to try and make others happy. We all had a pretty darn good time. :)

Saturday:
Skipped the gym to sleep, and spent some quality time with the boy before meeting a friend for brunch. It made me late, but... no one cared. o.O I didn't really care. >.> Had a lovely brunch, went (sort-of) window shopping and was spontaneously joined by another buddy. ^.^ This afternoon and evening now about recouping from all the social-ness and the work week. 

My kitchen will clean itself, right? 

( I did clean the kitchen)

Sunday:

Super duper lazy day. Criminal Minds marathon and veggie pizza. I started learning to play Halo - I'm so uncoordinated!

CON

This week was all about the sleep and not so much about the gym (1 day). Despite not exercising much, I’ve felt very relaxed and capable. Very centered this week. (3/5) 

STA

So much fun happened this week! XD Unfortunately, it didn’t really involve doodling, playing music, or writing. But I did the actually things that the doodles are supposed to train me for without being anxious. Does that count? (3/5)

WIS

This week’s wisdom is learning the nuances of a new program at work. I’ve been tasked with putting together reports (not just writing and performing experiments). It’s a lot of confusing work, but I will master this! (4/5)

• Like 2

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

Your work schedule is ridiculous. Just gonna point that out.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi