KitBi12 - Pathfinder

KitBi12

Week 5

Hey, y'all!  What's shakin'?

Monday:

Planned to hit the gym hard core but ended up hitting the snooze button. >.> But the rest did me good, because work just flew by. Super productive day, and learned some interesting things about PleaseReview (new system). I made tried some new recipes for dinner (almond crusted trout w/ bean&greens as a side), ran the dishwasher, am doing laundry, and am thinking of getting a new recipe going for tomorrow (paleo 'vodka' sauce over veggies w/ turkey meatballs).

Off to do more chores (i.e., kitchen dance party)!

I did all of this cooking and then remembered that I bought an apron this weekend. Should actually use the apron...

Tuesday:

Went to the gym, worked for 14 hours, and poured myself into bed. Today was lots of veggies, no grains, and just one little thing from the ice cream truck that visited my work. 

Wednesday:

Gym day 2! Food was only so-so today (started well and went downhill during  an audit conference). I took a little snugly nap after work and am off to get more sleep soon. Could I possibly go to the gym three days in a row?! 

Thursday:

Ha! No... No, I couldn't. Sleepy, sleepy Kit. Spent the day in the lab and met friends for dinner and a movie after work. Fun, late night. 

Decent anxiety update tonight: My boyfriend and I drove separately to the movie, and I had to navigate. Normally, navigating and having him follow me would lead to a lot of white knuckle driving, but... this was fine. Not like driving alone... but, fine. Sort of nice. 

Friday:

Again... snuggles subdued my urge to run. Today was all about data, reports, and fine tuning some summaries. Again, dinner and movie with friends. 

Saturday:
Today is so far a lazy day. I've set the tenderloin to brine, had a veggi-full breakfast, and am taking it easy (my introvert needs to recoup). 

Sunday:

I managed to get to the gym on a weekend!  XD I spend 45 minutes on the arc trainer with the resistance at 80 and height at 20 (max). I moved at a very distracted half speed (movies drawing my eye), but the resistance is 4x normal. So, not bad for a Sunday afternoon. 

The boy ordered veggie pizza for Sunday brunch, and I followed the gym with some apples and peanut butter. Currently, I'm attempting to make a Moroccan slow-cooked savory stews with some new spices I acquired. The stew has a lot of veggies, and I slow cooked some pork tenderloin over night to get added on the side. Everything hear is peaceful: spicy tomato based sauce bubbling in the kitchen, Django Reinhardt wafting through my speakers, and all of the trash is taken out/ dishes & laundry are put away. 

That the stew is going to bubble, and I'm going to read. 

Happy Week 6, everyone! Finish strong! :D 

+5 CON

I’ve done very well on sleep this week, and managed three trips to the gym plus a few short day time and evening walks. Omitting my Saturday of shame, there weren’t any days that I went into stasis for multiple hours at a time.  

(5/5)

+5 STA

Okay… no doodles or music this week. But, I did plenty of social things! Two sets of dinner & a movie with different friends, a bit of quality time with the boy every day, and I did manage to write in the RPG this week.

The point of the stamina category this challenge is to quell my anxiety, which I’ve been doing successfully. (How odd.) Looking back to Thursday (driving), I handled the situation much better than I have in the past. When my driving become the focus of a ‘joke’ later on, I made some funny faces, but I didn’t fly off the handle and get defensive (my old reaction to being ‘mocked’ in front of not-my-friends). I’ve been thrown into a lot of new social situations this challenge, and I’ve handled them all with a sense of ditzy grace instead of awkwardly quiet/anxious/fight or flight. I really hope this trend continues.

(4/5)

+5 WIS

I’m learning two new systems at work (a third if you count how audits work), and have started to politely remind people when they’ve forgotten tasks. I’m finding a balance between letting people realize their mistakes/oversights and gently pointing them out. I’m being slightly less polite with tech support. They are very late with my service ticket *grumbles*.

I’ve read a bit this week! For a few weekends now, I’ve been trapped by television. I don’t even enjoy it more than reading or my other activities, but once it’s turned on, I get… stuck? It just kind of goes on and on and the hours slip away. This has to stop. I’m thinking of implementing a system where I only do one thing at a time (e.g., instead of half browsing the internet and half watching a show I don’t really care about, I will look up what I’m curious about. Then I can close my computer, focus on an intriguing shows. Then turn off the television and go cook/read/listen to a podcast, etc. Of course, there are exceptions for things that don’t occupy the same sense (e.g., music (auditory) and cooking/reading (visual))

(5/5)

Sleep tight, NF. Time to curl up with some tea and a novel. 

• Like 1

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

Level: 6

STR 10 | DEX 10 | STA 7.5 | CON 13 | WIS 16.5 | CHA 12.5

Ch. 1 Ch. 2 Ch. 3 | Ch. 4| Ch. 5| Ch. 6Ch. 7Ch. 8

RPG Fanatics

"Make a fray of your own." - E.O. Wilson, Advice to Young Scientists

Week 6

Monday:

No morning gym because I went into work early, but I did get in a nice walk in the evening. Also, my boyfriend set up a stationary bike in our living room and altered the height setting to accommodate my tiny legs. (All the hyper-extension!)  Food today was *mumble mumble mumble* 

I made a mini-mistake at work today and was able to laugh about it instead of thinking my boss was going to fire me on the spot (groundless, perpetual anxiety). 

The kitchen is handled; the laundry is done, and I'm pretending I won't have to deep clean the house before my friend arrives on Friday. >.>  Friend arrives on Friday! 

Tuesday:

Late update - what even happened this week... This week had some full but not crazy hours at work and only 1 or 2 morning visits to the gym. Every day did include a few office walks. I'm learning about a new design software and am extremely excited to start testing it next week. 

My friend is here! We had a great weekend walking around and and trying all sorts of yummy food (some healthy some... delicious. >.>). 

And my boyfriend (with some  minor assistance) reorganized the house. It's lovely! and somehow, I was able to help instead of freaking out during the process (clutter and packing generally cause me a lot of anxiety, but this was fine. No freaking out; was even able to help.) 

+5 CON

Slept well, went for daily walks, and went to the gym at least once (4/5)

+5 STA

No doodles… but lots of music, lots of fun, lots of doing my own thing without causing others lot much inconvenience. I did a lot of things this week (reorganizing, learning new software, learning new review systems, navigating NYC, preparing for a not-my-family family visit, having a one-on-one with my department director) without freaking out. No fuss. J (5/5)

+5 WIS

I read and new learned systems. The new system is going to help me develop a new assay, so… almost. J  I’m near completing my first change control (!) which will enable an existing assay to test a new product.  (5/5)  

• Like 3

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics

You lose 17 points for what does the fox say >(

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Nope, too late. Now it's stuck in my head and I'm unfriending you on Facebook because I'm passive aggressive. 

Unrelated to anything, where is your sheep friend? Did he make that one post and disappear forever?

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

MY goals for this challenge were to include more play in my life and doing little things to desensitize myself to anxiety. I've definitely included more play (seeing lots of friends, going to the park, etc) and ended up skipping the little things and jumping straight to the activities that would normally cause me boatloads of anxiety (going to bars, spending lots of time with new people without having a get-away plan).

I keep reminding myself that things are going to take as long as they take. Simple as that.

Points (based on averages):

+4 CON, +4 STA, +4 WIS

Level 6

• Like 4

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

RPG Fanatics