I took a break, got back on track, and now I'm ready for the kick up the butt that I need. I'm heading over here to the Scouts because this time round I'm doing more riding/running stuff, particularly hashes, cycling and walks.

SMART goal: I want to hit 75-8kg by the end of the challenge, on my way to squeezing into my wetsuit at my upcoming family reunion. Because... My oldest sister was put up for adoption as a baby, and she tracked us down somehow (despite us moving to another country more than 22 years ago) and I'm going to meet her in person for the first time in August, and I want to be at my best when I do. To measure my success or failure - I have a particular pair of jeans that I want to fit into, rather than obsess over numbers. It's achievable, if I stick to my goals. 

tiniest_violin.gif

Goals: 

1. Complete the Darebee Hero's Journey (I'm 38% of the way there already - why fix what's not broken?). After that, complete a Neila Rey/Darebee workout every day for the rest of the challenge (balanced out with leg days, arm days, core, rest/recovery and cardio day), or start another one of her programs... I'll decide when I get there. (STR +3, DEX +2) If I miss a day, I must make up for it the next day.

tumblr_nmc032uKJt1u8m0r7o1_400.gif

2. Go on every hash during the challenge, regardless of illness, hangover or weather. (CHA+2, STA+3). They happen every second Sunday. I may flip a coin for the running or walking trails, but must jog at least 1/3 of the walking one, and run as much as I can of the running one. PASS/FAIL. This will probably be easier if I stop drinking, which comes into goal number 3.

tumblrm0bfs3q6rg1r5ur0ho1500.gif

3. If it's not paleo, don't eat it. Stick to the diet, drink lots of water or tea. No ordering take out. No fast food. No bread. No ice cream. No beer. Concession: rice (half a bowl) is OK if inescapable, because this is Asia. (CON+2, WIS +2) Measuring: logging food with a weight watchers app. 6 cheats allowed before failure. Water is being logged with plant nanny. 

tumblr_mpd8j4HosT1qafimoo1_500.gif

Bonus Quests:
4. Early to bed, early to rise. Go to bed before midnight and wake up at 9am each day. (This is early for me, because I work from 2pm to 8pm) (CON +1) 

tumblr_lrt3e7kumD1qfvtiz.gif

5. Couch 2 5K (zombies) I'd like to start this again. Now's as good a time as any. (+1 STA), pass/fail for completing the at least 4 weeks during this challenge. 

giphy.gif

So that's it. 

Let's do this thing. 

• Like 3

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

Welcome back! 

3. If it's not paleo, don't eat it. Stick to the diet, drink lots of water or tea. No ordering take out. No fast food. No bread. No ice cream. No beer. Concession: rice (half a bowl) is OK if inescapable, because this is Asia. (CON+2, WIS +2)

My HUGE suggestion for this is think of it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. A diet is something people cheat at or stop doing, a liftstyle change is more long term.

• Like 2

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

Good idea. I'm off to a sputtering start. My students revolted and decided to have a snack party although I said they hadn't earned it with their test scores... I pretended I'd said yes all along because it was probably a language confusion thing. Anyway. I had a single taste of each of their snacks and then stopped. Not too bad.

I had a rough day but I worked out, and when I got home, even though we had no veggies in the fridge and I wanted to order take out, I took a little stroll to the local Mart and made some steamed broccoli and mushrooms with a grilled burger patty. Banana and almonds for desert.

I have bananas freezing for ice cream later :D

No hash this week.

Went to bed earlier than usual but a little after midnight because Beardy and I watched an episode of GoT and I regret nothing.

Phone battery was flat so no zombie run yet.

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

hey!

your goals look good and I agree with S up above. Change the life habits and they will reward you over and over again.

"I had a rough day but I worked out, and when I got home, even though we had no veggies in the fridge and I wanted to order take out, I took a little stroll to the local Mart and made some steamed broccoli and mushrooms with a grilled burger patty. Banana and almonds for desert."

This ^^^  Awesome win!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Tried making that banana ice cream and I ended up with... incredibly soft serve semi-frozen mush. But it was delicious. I think my blender isn't high powered enough. 

I used this recipe. 

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Tried making that banana ice cream and I ended up with... incredibly soft serve semi-frozen mush. But it was delicious. I think my blender isn't high powered enough. 

I used this recipe. 

Pretty sure I've used the same recipe in the past ... its pretty nice. If you want non-soft serve just toss it in the freezer for a bit firm it up.

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

I tried non blended frozen banana bits last night with the tiniest bit of chocolate sauce drizzled on it.... So good but definitely a once in a blue moon treat.

Tried to make a stuffed pumpkin last night but it didn't work very well. I'm on track with my exercise though.

I started using plant nanny and figured I should start strong and make the first day a success. Except I installed it at about 5pm and didn't notice it was after midnight later when I wanted to finish up. I couldn't understand why it was telling me to drink so much water...

My toilet and I are best friends now.

I misread my schedule and came to work an hour early so I'm off to get some veggie soup or something.

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

It turns out Beardy doesn't like pumpkin so I had the rest of it for dinner. I threw some sliced salami on top and a slice of cheese and microwaved it. It was delicious...

Just peeked at tomorrow's hero workout and it's burpee day.

Ugh.

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

How I work out: Xena + Neila Rey

20ie5xh.png

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Only managed a set and a half before I collapsed in agony/defeat/failure. On the bright side, that's more burpees in one day than I've ever done in my life.

I hate burpees.

suicide-drills.gif

tumblr_mqgpp0Mg951ro3593o2_500.gif

icant.gif

• Like 2

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

I hate burpees as well and I winch whenever I see them on a workout.

Subbing for A&S mini

• Like 2

Level 2 Bralani Eladrin

STR 2.5 | DEX 0 | STA 5.5 | CON 2.5 | WIS 4 | CHA 1

Challenge: 1, 2

Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the high road to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction.

~Margaret Thatcher

Damn! I missed my 5am alarm so I won't have time to work out before we head off to Seoul today. At least a boxing workout can happen anywhere... I'll just have to find the time today. 

tumblr_mkmwhddtA31rkbt85o1_500.gif

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Got Beardy some donuts for breakfast on the train and I took a muffin for myself.

And then I put the muffin back and ate the bananas I'd packed instead.

Aw, yeah!

SANDCASTLES.png?1318627593

• Like 3

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Caught up yesterday's workout this morning, with a hangover from the craft beer festival, the non-plan food I ate, and drinking at the band's second gig last night. At least I worked out.

Had a massive brunch and haven't eaten anything else today (haven't been hungry since the feast) but it's time to do today's workout, and then go to bed. 

Ugh. Weekends are so hard.

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Hey Chica

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Came home from work to find that Beardy, who doesn't work on Mondays, had done the laundry, gone shopping, bought a huge carton of strawberries, cleaned the kitchen, sorted the trash, done the huge pile of dishes, and was cooking a delicious dinner of grilled pork, grilled asparagus and steamed broccoli for us. He just lit some candles now and gave me an amazing oil massage and now he's quietly gaming in the other room so he doesn't wake me.

<3 I want to marry this man.

• Like 2

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

I just completed day 29 of the 60-day Hero's Journey and it felt good, even though it was the much-loathed push-up day. So that goal is going awesomely.

11164653_880044468732890_661080844468143

I got to bed pretty early as well, thanks to the glorious massage. So that's 2/3 completed.

Diet-wise... I'm going to change up my goals a bit and work through the diet levels in the academy instead. I think that's a better way to get permanent changes. But let's be honest; I know when I'm making bad choices. And I know when I'm making good ones. I need to keep making good ones. 

So, new diet goal: make good choices and level up through the academy. 

I'm currently at level... 3? I drink soda as a treat, a deliberate choice, maybe once or twice a week. But otherwise I drink water or tea. I track my food. I need to work on the mindful eating part. And buy some eggs. 

So from today until Week 4, I'll be having protein-rich breakfasts, and Just Eating Them. Not eating and watching something, or eating and facebooking, or whatever. Good plan, I think. The one healthy meal per day will be dinner, which I cook every weeknight except Monday for Beardy and I. And I managed to convince him to cook a paleo dinner last night and it was delicious. We've got a fridge full of meat and decent veggies just down the road. So, yeah. Healthy dinners, proteiny breakfasts, keep drinking lots of tea and water. That's definitely something I can do. 

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Just bought eggs, apples, oranges and almonds. Om nom.

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Diet levels at the academy are wise

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move