30082f6a277a8f971c7290bb78eadcd7.jpg

My healthy dinner. Green onions, cabbage, broccoli, three kinds of mushroom, egg strips (non scrambled scrambled eggs) half a pack of ramen, soy sauce, a table spoon of peanut butter, pork, a dribble of honey, pepper. Yum yum.

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

Just passed the halfway mark in Hero's Journey! It's downhill from here... and then I'll do one of her 30-day programs to finish off this 6 week challenge. 

^_^

gifstache.com_2175_1349456400.gif

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

After my workout I made some healthy milk-less mushroom, ham and tomato omelettes for Beardy and I to eat in bed because we're grown ups and we can eat wherever the hell we want. Of course, one of us (ahem) dropped food on our white sheets... Grown ups means doing laundry too. Oh well. It was totally worth it. 

• Like 2

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

TMI time! I've been severely constipated since I drank too much and killed my helpful gut bacteria on Saturday. Tried all kinds of home remedies, none of 'em worked, and they gave me bad stomach cramps at work. 

Welllll I seem to be on the mend. But I did just buy a big bunch of bananas. So that should be helpful. And I got meds from the pharmacy. 

uetn9M6.gif

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Whelp, the meds kicked in. 

And I completed my workout. Only saved 40% but that's a start. I substituted a pillow case full of dirty laundry for the sandbag. First time doing clean and shoulders. My high knees are getting higher and my squats are getting lower and more powerful. 

day31.jpg

Feeling pretty good :) 

Time for a breakfast of fried eggs and fried bananas. Om nom nom. 

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Good choices tonight: cycling over an hour from work to the cinema downtown to get avengers tickets. Choosing a salad over pizza for dinner. Water instead of coke. And now I'm going to go watch avengers because I don't live in America. Heh. Cycling home too.

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Just cycled for an hour each way (and at 2am on the way home) to see Avengers 2: Age of Ultron on opening night.

tumblr_mw13ljqbsb1svv0fgo1_500_by_maddie

I was most excited to see the shots of Johannesburg (where I was born and went to high school) and South Korea (where I live now). 

My butt hurts.

So worth it.

Bedtime.

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

It was awesome! I advise going at whatever non-weekend time you can, because it is going to be insanely crowded otherwise. We bought our tickets 2 hrs before the movie just in case (apparently there's an app you can use as well but I don't know what it is). 

And the bonus of the super long bike ride is that I've FINALLY dipped below 85kg! I've been stuck at 85 for weeks... I think I haven't been pushing myself hard enough in the workouts - they've felt too easy - so maybe I should step them up a little. It might be worth doing them at level 2 instead of level 1... but we'll see. I could just do an extra set or two... *shrug*

And I'm glad my good food choices paid off. ^_^ I treated myself with the movie without letting it ruin my progress with junk food. 

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Progress report. 

dh4ab9.png

And I shouldn't do the plank test right after a workout. 

Glad to see what's happening so far. ^_^

tumblr_m53kebXVMi1rxwexro1_500.gif

I hereby commit to NOT undoing this progress this weekend. 

Pinky_Promise.gif

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Well, the big night out wasn't toooooooo bad. I had a healthy dinner beforehand and drank less than usual. May have had a drunk grilled sandwich when we got home but that's better than the usual McDonald's. It's an improvement. 

Today's hero's workout involves a 10 000 step walk. I'm going hiking tomorrow so I'm going to switch today's workout with tomorrow's for efficiency's sake, and because it works out better...because... 

That means I've got to do 400 mountain climbers. Because I have misaligned hips, mountain climbers suck for me (there's a whole lot of snapping noises and pain). *sigh* But I'll do 'em carefully and see if I can do something to improve my form that will remedy the problem. I've got 400 reps to figure it out. 

mithra-TROT-UGH.gif

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

victory-o.gif

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

You are kicking ass kid

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Awesome hash today and I made more friends! I even hula hooped at the peak. Here are some photos.

07d8fb4bfd4ab77e78e24940d1100d65.jpg14a9f80db712d94671aae15f587be3c7.jpg

And this was the taxi I rode here...

1bfdf60f77f2fd2938fa084331717556.jpg

Now taking the bus home for pathfinder.

5bfe7e0dd16a3a26af3f365a9d5830bf.jpg

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

The bus dropped me off in town and I realised I didn't have my key and Beardy wasn't home, so I walked around the university, playing ingress and having a look, and then walked home. So, I left for the hash at about 10am and I've been walking pretty much solidly since then. It's 5:30 and I just got home. 

I consider this day a win. 

rocky-stsirs-o.gif

• Like 3

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Ugh. My digestive system still hasn't quite recovered. However, I have discovered the cause: almonds. I had a bag of them last night and now... Yeesh.

Seeing "to failure" four times on today's workout makes me scared. 

Unrelated:

three-peple-push-up.gif

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Well, at least to failure means to failure. I didn't do as many reps/hold for as long as I might have if I didn't feel like an upside down volcano, but I did it anyway. Including the bad karma for not helping the stranger. Whoops. 

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

It's a sensitivity

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Basically almonds make me constipated, which explains why my recent choice of almonds as a healthy snack is a bad one. Well, you live and learn. 

Lunch today was raw cabbage and some salami... Both of which I like. Beardy is cooking dinner and he won't let me peek but I definitely smell broccoli.

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Things got pretty heated in the academy fb group last night, and in the end it resulted in me posting some progress shots. 

I kinda wish I'd taken pics of myself at my heaviest, 89kg. The only ones I have are actually from when I was about the same weight I am now. But there's definitely some differences; there's more muscle in me that there was before, so I am looking a little better. 

I shall not post them here, for fear of offending anyone with my underwear. But it felt pretty good to take them. 

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Egads woman. ... no undies! Please! ;) put some clothes on! !!! /€¥%÷:*¥₩(/×+% £,

Lol

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move