I chose finishing the Hero's Journey today over hiking without my phone. 

I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!!!!!!! 10 sets, baby!!!!

day60.jpg

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

And today I started the Fighter's Codex. I'm planning to do this on any day I don't hike. 

day01.jpg

And from the written stuff for it, this jumped out at me as an addition to my Big Why:

"Fighters who work on form, flexibility, tendon strength and muscle density end up being in total control of their own body. Ultimately that is what being a fighter is all about. If you do not control your body, there is no hope of controlling anybody else’s long enough to beat them. "

Even if those things are not people but any obstacles in your life. I want control over my diet and my body; I don't want to fight my body. I want to work with it, and use the tool that it is rather than flail around as if I'm not responsible for my choices. 

So far so sweaty. 

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

I think I should be more diligent about watching the videos of the exercises to execute good form. 

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Rock on girlfriend!

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Ok, I forgot how awesome it is to track nutrients... I'm going to make the goal for today to get my fiber requirement without going over the others. Cos... I need it. Nuff said. 

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Just discovered the best thing ever. 

Step 1: 

Make tuna salad. 1 can of tuna + 2 tablespoons (be strict with yourself) of Mayo, pepper steak seasoning, diced tomato and cucumber. Whatever other crunchy veggies you want to add. 

Step 2: put a bunch of sesame leaves on a plate.

Step 3: put a teaspoon of the tuna salad in a sesame leaf, fold it up, and eat it.

Step 4: Profit. 

Nutritional info: 

491 calories, 24 carbs, 22 fat, 42 protein, 11 fiber, 8 sugar.

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Beardy has been doing his open water scuba course and we've made a little holiday out of this long weekend. Came out to Busan. I'm making careful and conscious diet decisions and so far so good.

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Well, that's it for this challenge. My goal was a bit ambitious. Instead of losing numbers, I tried to focus more on discipline.

1. I completed the Hero's Journey! I'm so excited about this, because I usually give up on these programs after three weeks. I worked out every day and made up for missed workouts. I am stronger and can do five real push ups now. I have some ab definition coming along.

2. I went on every hash during the challenge, and made a plan to continue going on every hash. I took some responsibility on in my kennel by starting and administering our Facebook group. I got my hasher name. And I ended up hiking on weekends where there were no hashes as well. Definitely an A+ for this one.

3. I managed to stick to my diet better this time round, with the odd slip up here and there. I'm drinking more water and making better decisions in restaurants. I started using my fitness pal and it's keeping me accountable. Beardy is including more veggies in his Monday night cooking too. I have drastically cut down on sugar. Yesterday I had a nibble of Beardy's hot, fresh iced donut and retched from the sweetness of it. I'm way more aware of sugar hidden in things. So this is a win.

4. Early to bed... This didn't happen as often as I'd have liked. But the reason was that I was working on relationship stuff with Beardy and often that meant playing video games together till 3am. But there were more nights I went to bed early than late. I'll count this as a half win.

5. I didn't go for a single run. I ran some of the hiking trails. Meh. I'd rather hike than run. At least I discovered what I like more. This is an absolute fail but it doesn't matter.

Overall this challenge was awesome and I definitely feel like I've leveled up my thinking and fitness. Onwards!

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Congratulations on your success! Leveling up thinking is the best way to know your changes will stick. While results in numbers usually feel better to our minds, those results can be fleeting and dangerous to count on. Always better to know that you've changed for the better in a more permanent way.

• Like 1

Ares Pandora,
level 4 Mutant Scout
STR: 7 | DEX 2 | STA 8 | CON 9 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

Challenges:

1 | 2 | 2.1 | 3 | 4

Ran out of calories on MFP for dinner because Beardy wanted burgers after his final PADI Open Water qualifying dive, even though I chose the item with the lowest calorie count on the menu. It totally wasn't worth it.

So I went for a walk, aiming for a 90 minute hike. I got a bit lost but found my way and a little walk turned into a long walk and then I extended the walk home because it was sunset and perfect outside. So, look what I did: 

far1w1.png

• Like 2

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Final measurements. 

Weight: 86->83kg (-3) (and I'm about to start my period, so shut up, stupid scale)

Neck: 13->13 inches (pretty sure there's no weight to lose there)

Chest: 40->34 inches (-6) boohoo...

Bicep unflexed:  14->12 inches (-2)

Waist: 34 -> 30 inches (-4) WOOT!

Hip: 40 -> 38 inches (-2) Pretty sure some of this is muscle. Somewhere. 

Thigh: 29 -> 26 inches (-3) A lot of this is definitely muscle.

Calf: 16 -> 16 (0) I guess skinny jeans were never meant for me

And I just did the Darebee/Neila Rey fitness test which puts me at level 2 for sit ups and push ups (I DID 23 REAL PUSH UPS IN 60 SECONDS OH MY GOD!) but 5 burpees short of making it completely to level 2. I think if I do some yoga it should help the burpees - sun salutations are basically slow-mo burpees anyway. The push ups are an amazing thing; I couldn't do more than three real ones before I started this challenge. 

So, here's to two weeks of Yoga with Adriene before the next challenge. 

And I guess it's time to move on back to my original battle log in preparation for the next challenge. Link in my signature below.  I'll be heading over to the Assassins for that one, since I plan to do the Darebee Fighter's Codex and also prefer the mini challenges over there. 

Feeling pretty darn good about myself. 

loki.jpg

• Like 1

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

Good job kid :)

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move