FYI - New Challenge Forums will be live tomorrow ×

First Quest for N00b Me

MaxWidth

Hello everyone! So I finished my brief tutorial for the last challenge. Now, it's time for the real deal. :D

I'll keep my specific goals from my intro challenge. These were though for the last two weeks, so I guess I should continue improving upon them. I need to create a sense of discipline. So, I added three more side quests that might help me do just that.

May you all find success!

Main Quest:

I want to look like a skinnier version of Wolverin, but also become stronger and healthy.

Specific Goals:

-Do Level 1 of the "No Gym Challenge" every day.

-Eat Paleo for 16 out of 21 weekly meals. (5 quality cheat meals, no garbage or fast food)

-Respect a sleep schedule of ~8 hours with natural sleep cycles. (1 cheat day a week, but only Friday or Saturday)

Side Quest:

-Keep desk clean.

-Medidate.

-Keep list of daily activities.

-Update blog with a daily picture (and a day recap if I have the time).

Motivation:

-Girlfriend's grin upon seeing me shirtless washing car... (Yep! I'm still going in with my cliche!)

MINIS:

#1 DONE! +1 WIS

Picture #1:

med_gallery_37834_1718_565199.jpg

MaxWidth the level 0 Ghost
Current challenge

Mini Quest #1:

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable?
    Yes! I believe I can become a great Wolverine by the end of the first year!

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?
    My three quests are about adjusting myself to a better lifestyle one step at a time. All of them can happen at home and are pretty straight forward.

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?
    I believe so. What I want for this challenge is nothing out of the ordinary. I've had this in the past, but not at the same time.

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them?
    Yes, most activities are daily and measureable.

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?
    Every day is a pass/fail for sleep and excersie and three times a day for meals. The perfect score as a total is my goal.

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?
    I will create some recovery goals and ditch these ones, because it's a situation that is out of my hands.

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?
    For now, each of my goals has some space to breath in. I can use this "cheats" to accomodate holidays or celebrations.

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?
    No and no.

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?
    Yes, I should have enough time to do all of my goals and still get some free time for myself.

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?
    I want to improve my own discipline. This should help me with future goals.

MaxWidth the level 0 Ghost
Current challenge