T2Sarah Kiss and Make up

Didn't finish last challenge. Life got in the way. More later.

This challenge

KISS--- Keep it simple stupid. Not reinventing the wheel here. Eat right, exercise regularly and get enough sleep.

Eat right. Back to a stricter Paleo for me. Protein and veggies for breakfast and lunch. I hate counting calories so I am not. I think that if I lay off carbs of any kind until dinner and then just have 1/4 cup I will be fine. Here come the headaches! I will take a cheat day once a week for sugar/alcohol. I have three birthday parties and two get togethers this challenge. Also water, water, water. At least 2 liters a day to start then move to three.

Exercise. 3 days of weights and two days of cardio. Rest day Sunday and one other flexible day. Stretching every morning and night. Just basic. Now that it is nice out I can also get some functional fitness in working in the yard and gardening.

Sleep. Bedtime between 10:30 and 11. No electronics at least a half hour before bed. Wake up 5:30 to 6. I have gotten to the point that I wake up on my own. On weekends I usually get up at that time, let the dogs out and sometimes go back to bed for a little while. I let my body tell me if it needs to catch up on some zzz's.

Make up--- spend some time with friends here. Why is it that as soon as life gets busy we give up what gives us joy?

I need some motivation. I will get to all my friends threads at least once a week. If have about 70 but I need to see who is still active. I will post here daily.

Now

http://youtu.be/6eZUZnH1oAc

• Like 8

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Yesterday was a pretty good day! Got out after work and went for a walk. So relaxing. Ate dinner kinda late so didn't get to bed on time but slept in a little this morning. 3 more days of paperwork then I am concentrating on the garden and spring cleaning.

• Like 3

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Yesterday

Food. Made egg junk with ham and kale. Have enough for 4 days. Yeah! Lunch was leftover chicken and red pepper. Dinner was steak and chicken fajitas. Made some rice and added hot peppers that were in my freezer then added black beans. Marinated the chicken and steak ( didn't really flavor the meat much) then grilled. Sautéed onions and peppers hot and fast in a skillet. Bought some fresh cilantro ( since my herb garden isn't started yet) and made cilantro sour cream. I didn't put mine in a flour tortilla, I put it on top of some of the rice and bean mixture. Probably had 1/2 cup of the rice and beans but was okay with that.

Exercise. Stretching in the morning, worked outside lifting heavy things while cleaning out shed. Didn't stretch before bed.

Sleep. Had a friend over last night for dinner. He isn't doing well. Last Dec he was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. It was so bad had to do shots. He is not the body image you would expect. He is about 5'7" and weighs about 160. Maybe just a little beer belly but not much. He is in his late 40's and pretty active working on his feet. He did drink a shit load of Mt Dew. He also had a sweet tooth. He lives alone and takes the lazy way out and doesn't cook much. He had started losing a ton of weight and that's when they caught the diabetes. He had been doing well. Eating right and regularly and monitoring his blood sugar. He had put some weight back on and was about 140 pounds.

Last night he came over for dinner and he looked like a skeleton. Sunken eyes and face. He said he was like at 120 pounds. He has been feeling sick like the flu and has not been able to,shake it. Fever, cold, no appetite, weak and lethargic. Dr.s don't have a clue. Elevated white blood cell count but can't find any viral or bacterial infection in his blood.

I told him that if the doc gets back to,him this week with out a solution, I was taking him to Mayo. I know he is scared and it scared the crap out of my husband too. They went to school together and have been best buds since grade school.

Made me even more energized to not take my health for granted.

Today's agenda...........get some work done in my garden and do some cardio today. I think I will just pick a video off of utube that gets my heart rate up there for 20 minutes. Also want to make sure stretch morning and night.

Hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 4

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Yes I did get my cardio in yesterday! Did 2 ten minutes videos.

Eating was in line. Leftover fajitas and a salad.

Sleep was okay. A lot on my mind and tough to shut my thoughts down.

I have a dentist appt this morning then the rest of the day to myself till the kids get here at 5. Today might be a catch up on TV day.

• Like 3

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Catch up on TV sounds excellent. What are you watching? Need recommendations?

(Daredevil on Netflix)

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

• Like 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

It's good to see you back! I hear you on the busy life, I'm not running a challenge this time around because of a full schedule, it'll be enough of a trick just maintaining my current routine. So I'll live vicariously through your impending success in this one.

• Like 1

"Curtain's up. Everyone's waiting for the hero to take the stage. And the spotlight's on you now." - Alfred, to Dick Grayson, Batman and Robin #2

Current Challenge

Catch up on TV sounds excellent. What are you watching? Need recommendations?

(Daredevil on Netflix)

Just catching up on normal TV. Arrow, Flash, Scandal, The Blacklist, Grey's Anatomy, and Forever.

Hubby and I finished Sons of Anarchy last week ( actually bought the last season) so we are looking for something new too. Started Manhattan and liked the first two episodes but we watch on Hulu. Have you watched Madmen? Bones?

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Following along T2S you were missed!

Sorry to hear about your friend. I come from a family with a history of diabetes so this has always been on my radar more so when I was heavier. Weird thing is, my blood sugar has always been low, while blood pressure is high, but then again I'm a salt rather than sugar person.

I hope the Doc's get your friend sorted out soon, he's lucky to have friends like you and your husband.

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Holy crap - Arrow and Flash this week.

Haven't gotten to Criminal Minds or Scandal yet.

• Like 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 |

Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

There's my favorite Scorpio :D

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Here is how my weekend went.

Friday early afternoon get a call that my best friend is being rushed to the hospital having a heart attack. Rushed to her, she is 4 hours away. She ended up having a quintuple bypass and is doing fine. She should go home today or tomorrow. After she was out of surgery and her kids were there, I came home and my procrastinating step son had his WWII report on a f4u Corsair due. We have been talking about this since spring break. We did an outline over spring break of what he needed to have done each week. He had a little over 5 weeks to complete but was only at our house for 2 weekends at that time. He is in 6th grade and the report needed a 5 paragraph theme, a 2-4 minute oral report, and a visual of some sort that was not store bought.

He had only worked on the report about 45 minutes with a friend before we had him the first weekend. He was supposed to have the notes all taken and research done to start puttin paper together. He didn't even bring his notes with him. So we spent,that weekend at the library and online doing research and taking notes. We also decided on doing a paper mâché model. Got the base figured out and then used math to do it to scale ( yes you do use your math skills when you grow up)

He was supposed to return this weekend with his typed paper and The notecards done for oral report. We let Mom know,that he needed to get this done because we really only had time to do this model and practice oral report.

You can image.........some done on typed but not organized at all, no idea about how to get his oral report pulled together, and the only notes were what he had taken here 2 weeks before. The kid is in 6 th grade. He needs to be reminded to do these things and he needs some attention while he is doing it! Mom played Mothe of the Year buying him some books on the Corsair last weekend. Didn't buckle down on him till last week then thinks she did so much.

Okay this is too long already. Basically I spent my weekend working with my step son on a paper mâché airplane. Maid you know you can help it along drying by sticking it in the oven? We even hinged the wings so they folded. His oral report is pretty good. Still need to practice some. His written report is ready for him to finish but grouped his thoughts together and I think he gets it.

Also went back to see my friend in the hospital and served cake at a celebration at church.

Last night I was just exhausted. Still am recovering today.

I do feel good about helping my step son just mentally exhausted since I couldn't strangle is mother. Make since?

Still managed to cook and eat pretty good this weekend. Had pizza one night but kept it to 2 pieces! Stayed away from sugar/choc that I would have loved to devour while driving. Drank water instead. Not much exercise formally but didn't sit down much at all all weekend.

I am going to go workout now then fix myself a meat and egg breakfast. After that who knows!

• Like 8

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

I am going to go workout now then fix myself a meat and egg breakfast. After that who knows!

I would say you need a 48 hour nap! Good parenting btw, proud of you.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Thanks to all who read my rant. Just tired and cranky. Much better now. It takes a lot to rattle me but when you are a shitty parent it pisses me off. I don't have kids of my own but I can't imagine if I did not spending any time with them or having them involved in stuff.

I digress. Focus

My friend I talked about who was scary skinny and not feeling well was admitted to the hospital Friday. Thy found a large kidney stone and a blood clot in his liver. Treating his blood infection and he already feels better. Going to visit him tonight ( only a half hour away).

Took it easy today. Did about 15 minutes of a boxing workout ( not with a bag) this morning. My hips are really bothering me with the rainy cold weather so I concentrated on breaking a sweat with upper body. Did some stretching too. Picked up the house and watched some Hulu. Planned out what I need to get done and,the menu for this week. My parents and aunt are coming to visit Thursday thru Sunday. It is my Mom and Aunt's birthday weekend so I am making an Italian cream cake. Also going to break out the smoker to do ribs and chicken.

Feeling energized so I need to keep going. Adhering to bedtime and wake up time tonight and tomorrow. Need to get back in rhythm now that I am caught up.

• Like 6

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Thanks to all who read my rant. Just tired and cranky. Much better now. It takes a lot to rattle me but when you are a shitty parent it pisses me off.

That's what buddies do, listen when needed. We ALL need to rant once in a while.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Wow. Good parenting. Good friend. Great work staying on track with food and workouts.

Rest and restore and know that you are awesome.

• Like 3

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

You seem to be a natural when it comes to parenting. Great job.

And, can I get off of your friend list....heart attack, blood clot. ...sounds dangerous! Kind of like on murder she wrote, everyone she knew seemed to end up with a murder when she visited!

Seriously, take care of you while everyone around you is getting the help they need. You are a great friend, too!

0feb93c6685549830a9fa0f879ae6efe.jpg

• Like 2

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

The bad news continues. Monday night the two dobermans got into it again. One weighs 120 the other 80lbs. The 80lb one started it. He is the 8 and really has never liked his brother nor does he really like any other dogs but the Boston terrier. Even with him he doesn't know how to play. The Vet said he is dog aggressive. He is the most gentle loving dogs to all humans. Never had an issue even with new people coming to the house. Big Doberman is a puppy still. Just 1 1/2 years old. But as we have seen twice if you bite him he bites back. The smaller Dob ended up with 37 staples in 17 different places and even had a small tendon ripped in his arm. The big Dob had some bite marks but not bad enough for staples, and has some swelling in face.

Vet said that we will probably have to get rid of one of them. He said he has seen it before and even if you love them and want them to get along you can't make them. I was a mess. My first instinct was to eat. Left the vet and didn't stop anywhere and just went home. Thanks goodness I don't keep much junk. Wanted comfort food and we had just had spaghetti. So leftover spaghetti it was. Not the worst choice.

Both of my friends doing well and home from hospital.

No exercise yesterday. Did lift some weights this morning and hopefully will get a walk in today. Will be rushing around cleaning and,preparing for my parents and aunt to visit Thursday-Sunday.

Sorry I haven't visited many of your sites to comment. With everything going on just haven't had the time. I appreciate everyone's love and support.

• Like 7

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Sorry I haven't visited many of your sites to comment. With everything going on just haven't had the time. I appreciate everyone's love and support.

Don't worry about us, take care of yourself. Really wish there was something we could do to help you out.

Are both your males neutered? Did it help? Just trying to come up with ideas.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Don't worry about us, take care of yourself. Really wish there was something we could do to help you out.

Are both your males neutered? Did it help? Just trying to come up with ideas.

Thanks. Yes both have been neutered since little. I am so torn. The older that is dog aggressive will be hard to find a home for. The younger bigger one I hate to lose for pure selfish reasons that my 10 year old Boson Terrier and the 8 year old Dobe are late in life and I don't want to be with out a dog. They don't fight with each other in the house. My hubby thinks we can keep both just need to not have them go outside together.

A lot to think about.

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Oh, that is so hard! When my two boys got into too much trouble I sent one to the navy...oh wait. Never mind!

Seriously, this episode is not going to soften the smaller dog toword the bigger dog at all!

Hugs...Praying for wisdom! Glad your friends are doing well!

• Like 1

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice