T2Sarah Kiss and Make up

Realized not much time before summer is full on. Spent some time tonight looking at fitness goals and I really need to kick it into high gear losing some weight. Feel like I have just been maintaining what I have lost previously and not getting stronger or leaner. Instead of letting it depress me I am going to have it motivate me.

• Like 5

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Yep but I break my bacon up into little pieces.

yesterday after bacon pancakes ( I just had some bacon), it was kinda cloudy and rainy so decided to take my step son to the Avengers movie. It was pretty good. I can look at Thor all day! Ok storyline but seemed rushed even though it was a 2 1/2 hr movie. But I guess most don't go to see it for the storyline, just action which it had. It was also pretty funny and I liked it had non fight sciences ( even though I love action) where the characters were just hanging out. Even though I told myself no popcorn I failed. We got a med bucket and split it. Intestines not loving me today!

Got some housecleaning done and washed and put away some items that my in-laws gave us that we're family things and they are cleaning house. Step son had a sleepover and birthday party. They took them to skyzone which is a trampoline park. One of our favorite places. The kids are exhausted by the time they bounce for an hour. I have yet to get up the nerve to bounce myself but I will.

Made some quesadillas and salad for dinner. Didn't eat much still full from popcorn. I whined a lot about not watching the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. Watched Spinal Tap and went to bed.

This morning got up, let the dogs out and promptly went back to bed. Slept in till 9. Hadn't done that in a while. Felt good. It is supposed to be a beautiful hot day today then rain tonight and all week. Going to get outside stuff done. Fixing lunch now, sausage and eggs. Didn't have breakfast.

• Like 7

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Realized not much time before summer is full on. Spent some time tonight looking at fitness goals and I really need to kick it into high gear losing some weight. Feel like I have just been maintaining what I have lost previously and not getting stronger or leaner. Instead of letting it depress me I am going to have it motivate me.

Right there with you on this one. I've been hovering around 195-199 since the beginning of the year and it's time to sink well below 190. I'm done being satisfied with being under 200. It's great and I did a bunch of awesome work, but I'm not done!

Let's work out the best choices we can make and do all the great things!

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Yep but I break my bacon up into little pieces.

yesterday after bacon pancakes ( I just had some bacon), it was kinda cloudy and rainy so decided to take my step son to the Avengers movie. It was pretty good. I can look at Thor all day! Ok storyline but seemed rushed even though it was a 2 1/2 hr movie. But I guess most don't go to see it for the storyline, just action which it had. It was also pretty funny and I liked it had non fight sciences ( even though I love action) where the characters were just hanging out. Even though I told myself no popcorn I failed. We got a med bucket and split it. Intestines not loving me today!

Got some housecleaning done and washed and put away some items that my in-laws gave us that we're family things and they are cleaning house. Step son had a sleepover and birthday party. They took them to skyzone which is a trampoline park. One of our favorite places. The kids are exhausted by the time they bounce for an hour. I have yet to get up the nerve to bounce myself but I will.

Made some quesadillas and salad for dinner. Didn't eat much still full from popcorn. I whined a lot about not watching the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. Watched Spinal Tap and went to bed.

This morning got up, let the dogs out and promptly went back to bed. Slept in till 9. Hadn't done that in a while. Felt good. It is supposed to be a beautiful hot day today then rain tonight and all week. Going to get outside stuff done. Fixing lunch now, sausage and eggs. Didn't have breakfast.

i actually thought the Thor scenes were the best scenes of the movie(especially the hammer ones).

all in all good flick.

now i want bacon pancakes.

• Like 2

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Trying to use everything in my freezer before buying anything except fresh veggies. Last night was throw together Chinese. Was pretty good. I just throw in veggies that need to be used, left over chicken and a little bit of rice with coconut amino and spices.

Some of the best meals I've ever created (imo) were the result of random fridge leftovers!

• Like 3

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Oh the dreaded Monday! Looking at all I need to accomplish. I am not very motivated today. Need to get some inspiration.

Maybe I will read DrFeelgoods thread again.

My name is DrFeelgood, king of weight-loss:

Look on my spreadsheets, ye Mighty, and hearten!  :D

• Like 5

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Okay, I've been doing a bad job of posting and following. But thought I'd check in finally. I was in a bit of a nerd fitness funk, but have gotten my motivation back. Hope the challenge is going well for you!

I hear you on that one! Glad you are getting your motivation back. Mine is coming back slow but sure.

Yesterday, took me a while to get going but finally did. Cloudy and rainy here. Did about 30 minutes of yoga ( not very well but it was movement). Clean floors and counters/cabinets in kitchen and caught up on some laundry. Made homemade tenderloins ( I do bread them lightly in panko breadcrumbs) but they don't get served on a bun. I top them with chopped lettuce, onions, spicy peppers and pickles (homemade). Then blue cheese dressing, just a little. Yummy. I can't get pictures posted this morning. Will attempt later.

Another rainy day today. Errands to run,this morning then if there is a break in the rain I want to head out on a walk.

Making up a household project list to post and start crossing off. Need to get the last of the inside projects done before it is nice outside. Also once my last two painting projects done I get new carpet and tile!

• Like 6

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

I hear you on that one! Glad you are getting your motivation back. Mine is coming back slow but sure.

Yesterday, took me a while to get going but finally did. Cloudy and rainy here. Did about 30 minutes of yoga ( not very well but it was movement). Clean floors and counters/cabinets in kitchen and caught up on some laundry. Made homemade tenderloins ( I do bread them lightly in panko breadcrumbs) but they don't get served on a bun. I top them with chopped lettuce, onions, spicy peppers and pickles (homemade). Then blue cheese dressing, just a little. Yummy. I can't get pictures posted this morning. Will attempt later.

Another rainy day today. Errands to run,this morning then if there is a break in the rain I want to head out on a walk.

Making up a household project list to post and start crossing off. Need to get the last of the inside projects done before it is nice outside. Also once my last two painting projects done I get new carpet and tile!

that sounds so damn tasty. are the peppers home grown as well?

• Like 1

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Yes. I canned the peppers too. Mixture of over ripened red jalapeños, hot banana peppers and hot red cherry ones. They are pickled but I don't use very much sugar. Something about the hot crunchy hand pounded thick tenderloin and the cool greens with some sweet and spicy together.......very satisfying.

I also have assorted peppers in my freezer. Works out good to keep them whole and freeze in gallon freezer bags. Pull a few out and thaw on the counter to add to chili and whatnot. Some say you need to blanch them first but as long as you don't a bug problem I just freeze. I have some great lemon Thai peppers that are great with chicken.

• Like 2

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Yes. I canned the peppers too. Mixture of over ripened red jalapeños, hot banana peppers and hot red cherry ones. They are pickled but I don't use very much sugar. Something about the hot crunchy hand pounded thick tenderloin and the cool greens with some sweet and spicy together.......very satisfying.

I also have assorted peppers in my freezer. Works out good to keep them whole and freeze in gallon freezer bags. Pull a few out and thaw on the counter to add to chili and whatnot. Some say you need to blanch them first but as long as you don't a bug problem I just freeze. I have some great lemon Thai peppers that are great with chicken.

that all sounds quite amazing.

• Like 1

I freeze my tomatoes whole and when I want to make a sauce or stewed tomatoes or whatever, I just pull them out let them thaw for about 10 minutes until the skin comes right off while the tomato itself is still frozen. None of this blanching or trying to peel the skin off.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

I freeze my tomatoes whole and when I want to make a sauce or stewed tomatoes or whatever, I just pull them out let them thaw for about 10 minutes until the skin comes right off while the tomato itself is still frozen. None of this blanching or trying to peel the skin off.

I used to do that but never had the freezer room for all the tomatoes. My Mom came over about 6-7 years ago and canned tomatoes with me because I never helped her when I was a kid. We stayed out of her way in the summer heat when she was doing her canning in the kitchen. Sometimes it amazes me what she did.

Since her canning basics I am a canning fool. Nothing that requires a pressure canner. Just the basic hot water bath and making sure the lids pop. I blanch the tomatoes and peel them, then can them whole with juice. I chop up if needed before I add to recipes.

Okay.....need to work in the garden today between the rain drops!

• Like 2

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

My tomatoes never lasted long enough for canning, but that was back when I was eating pico de gallo with chips by the truckload.

Now I'm bummed we're not doing a garden this year.  Time to start planning for next year.

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Thursday already! Where has my week gone?

So far this week sleep has been okay. About 6-7 hours a night. Hubby has been working late so I need to adjust. Don't want my wake up time slipping to too late.

Food. Have not eaten out or had pre made food. I really don't have an issue with the eating out thing but I challenged Teri this week not to eat out so I want to make,sure I practice what I preach. I am trying to use up everything in my freezer and pantry so I am only getting veggies at the store if needed. It has been pretty easy so far ( I have a chest freezer down stairs) because I am stocked full but it will get challenging soon. I am going thru the downstairs freezer today to make a list of what I have so I don't end up having to eat the same,thing everyday.

Quit diet soda again. Haven't replaced with 100% water yet, drinking iced tea that I steep. Even though I kicked the fake sugar in my coffee a year ago I still at night put in a little bit of a pink packet in the,tea. That should end next week.

Exercise has been hit and miss. I need to get back into a routine where I get a workout in first thing. I do too much " I will do it later" than never seem to,get to it or never do as much as I should. The weather has been off and on rainy which has put the brakes on outside work. I have gotten some walking in but not enough.

Signed up for this years BBQ contest that I did last year for the first time. Always funny cuz I come with my tiny smoker and grill with just hubby and me. Mother there are these huge teams of guys with pull behind trailers with their smokers and,fancy whatnots. I placed 5th last year. Just hoping to improve. Practicing this weekend with chicken thighs. Any tips welcome.

• Like 7

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

BBQ contest? Awesome!

Thanks for PvP'ing with me. It's getting tough, but I think I can do this. I need to hit the store for veggies and whatnot, but no real crap food is allowed. I can't eat 'healthy' snack food all day like I did yesterday. Dang, that was a weird day. Onward!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

The contest is Kansas City BBQ rules. It is at a restaurant called Old Chicago which is pretty much a pizza and beer joint. 1 st prize is pizza and beer for a year. Like I need that! We also raise money for Alzheimer's association so a good cause too.

We have to present ribs, chicken thighs and pizza to the judges. They give us the meat that morning then we have to turn it ribs at 3:30 chicken at 4 and pizza at 4:30. I was 4th in ribs last year, 6 th with chicken and 2nd in pizza. I am just hope to improve. Some of these guys are serious! I like having fun.

• Like 7

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Signed up for this years BBQ contest that I did last year for the first time. Always funny cuz I come with my tiny smoker and grill with just hubby and me. Mother there are these huge teams of guys with pull behind trailers with their smokers and,fancy whatnots. I placed 5th last year. Just hoping to improve. Practicing this weekend with chicken thighs. Any tips welcome.

And ALL recipes (with pictures) are welcome on this end!!! <g>

• Like 6

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

And ALL recipes (with pictures) are welcome on this end!!! <g>

You got it. I need to get better at pictures. The iPad doesn't like to translate on here with pics. Need to use phone. Will start this weekend. Tonight's dinner is not exciting just salad with buffalo spiced chicken on top with blue cheese dressing and homemade croutons.

Finished going through the freezer. Be ready for a leg of lamb and a duck to get used!

• Like 4

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Teach me to water bath can?

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

• Like 1

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent