Simple challenge to help restart my fitness adventure

minderly

Oh hai!

It has been a very long time since I had a challenge. I did some stuff with a local group of gals. We just finished our IRL group challenge and I feel ready to come back here, to the nerds.

Goals.

1. 30m morning workout 7 days a week

2. 30m afternoon walk 4 days a week

3. Diet - it's like paleo but it's not...still the no sugar, no alcohol, etc but 1/2 cup grains are allowed a day. The aim of the diet I chose is to get more protein and veggies in my life. I eat a lot of vegetables right now but not enough protein. So I have portions for each food "group" for each day. My breakdown is 4 cups of veggies a day, 2 cups of fruit, 3 cups of protein, 1/2 cup carbs, 7 tbsp of fats.

So this is pretty much an extension of what I have been doing. I'm just adding a little more and keeping better track of it so I can look back and see what happened.

I really want to lose 10 pounds by December 2015. That is my ultimate goal, not sure how reasonable that is. So right now I'm just trying to prepare myself. I know that in a few months things are going to get really chaotic with a bunch of big events happening! Hopefully I can start healthy habits now that won't break during everything that is coming up.

I had a hard time starting the challenge because I was on federal jury duty and things were crazy. So now I am ready. 6:30am tomorrow I will be workin it. If I had not forgotten my lunch today, I would have started the challenge today -_-... I will still go for my afternoon walk though.

• Like 3

Sounds good!  10lbs over 6 months is very reasonable.

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

love it.  these are some serious, but totally attainable goals.  make sure you don't hold yourself too tight though, allow some wiggle room so you don't go flying off the rails when (not if) you screw up.  you have a good attitude about it though.  do it to it!

• Like 1

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

STR:20 | DEX:13 | STA:13.5 | CON:13 | WIS:17 | CHA:16

battle log

there are far better things ahead than what we leave behind - CS Lewis

find out what you're afraid of, and go live there - Chuck Palahniuk 

thanks guys :D

Yeah, I think the biggest thing I have learned since my last challenge is to not scrap the ENTIRE EFFING CHALLENGE because of one or two mistakes.

Luckily, the SO is going to do the no sugar part with me and even though it's way beneath his fitness level, a few of the morning and afternoon work haha.

<3 missed you all

• Like 2

3dbee639c3e0e97710c055526e64b572.jpg

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Alrighty!! I got up super early this morning and did my workout. I tried a new protein shake. Hated it...haha

It's rainy so I brought clothes to run at the gym after work.

I was mostly good over the weekend. My eardrum burst, I performed magic, and there were some distractions. So there was that!

I was super bummed Friday because SO was on lockdown and couldn't come to visit again. And it was the one year mark for when the closest thing to a mother I had passed away. So it was a little bit crazy. But then I did magic.

tumblr_meosw31d631rk2ycvo1_500.gif

I went to the sad grocery store and I stalked a tired looking father with his child.  It was super awkward. But did a random act of kindness in remembrance...and then...SO was magically let out of the lockdown! IT HAD BEEN DAYS. It was kind of awesome. I know it's magic and I did it with my good deed. Karma magic. KARMAGIC!

My letter to American Hogwarts probably got lost in the mail because I moved a lot as a child....and I obviously wasn't important enough for a tidal wave of letters through the chimney. BUT WHATEVER CUZ I CAN MAGIC.

giphy.gif

^ not me

Anyhow...so I wasn't all that good with health-stuff on Friday, but on Saturday SO joined me for healthy eating and workout/run on Saturday. And by run, I mean we went on our usual trail and played tag, because we can't run together. He's too fast for me and it just makes me depressed that he runs a mile in <6 minutes and it takes me AT LEAST double the time.

So! I am all set today. I did the workout, will do the steps, and have my food all planned out, portioned, and ready to eat!!

illuuuusions!

SC364Ts.gif

can't say i understand the lockdown/release for supermarket kindness, but congrats!  sucks about the eardrum.  had a friend who did that in high school, and his ear whistled every time he did the hold-your-nose-pop-your-ears thing.

regardless, well done!

Level 9 Snarky Rogue

STR:20 | DEX:13 | STA:13.5 | CON:13 | WIS:17 | CHA:16

battle log

there are far better things ahead than what we leave behind - CS Lewis

find out what you're afraid of, and go live there - Chuck Palahniuk 

ugh I  have been getting up early and doing my workouts

I have only done my cardio 1x this week, though I plan to do another tonight

I've been super good with the diet -_- turning down all the cookies, cake, and candy everyone in the office is pushing

:numbness: oh yay  :numbness:

So apparently I am an emotional runner!

I was SUPER stressed out because I knew I would be resigning today and my boss can be crazy. So I haven't slept well the last few days. After work yesterday, I went running...and I am SLOOOW but I shaved two minutes off of my mile!!! Ran for 40minutes. And then I went to an hour of yoga. The instructor had a bad day so he was like let's just go bawls to the walls. And so we did. ERMAHGERD! It was intense. ALL OF THE PLANKS!! I am sore. And then I rocked tree pose for-like-ever.

• Like 1

Alright, Aright.

I was good this weekend and got my steps. Yesterday I didn't do the morning workout but I did the walk. I've been decent on the food. I'm realizing I should have been less vague in this challenge...but then I realized that really this challenge is just about getting back into NF and challenges! So...yeah...haha just making a habit of this so I can use it to set goals to form new health habits!

I was checking out the meet up page and saw you were also from Rochester.  The goals are great for restarting and seems like you have been doing pretty good so far.

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Phew! Crazy times! I went to Denver for a job interview, going to Dallas, going back to Denver, back to Dallas, then back here to start a new job!

In the meantime, I have been doing well with my challenge stuff! I've been getting ~13k steps a day sincethe weather has been so nice!

I was checking out the meet up page and saw you were also from Rochester.  The goals are great for restarting and seems like you have been doing pretty good so far.

Hopefully I won't be in Rochester much longer though :D

My fiancee and I are moving to Denver!...even if I don't get the job!