• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hi there! :D

My main goal here will be to end the cycle:

Fast progress -> overtraining/injury -> get back to work.

I really tend to do too much when I train/not do the right things.

Last example:  I’m right now doing the Parallettes 2 program from Gold Medal Bodies. Over the course of the last four weeks, I stopped training for 2 weeks due to wrists pain caused by planche training.

So here comes the challenge:

1. Finish the 2nd cycle of the program before the end of the 6 weeks, which mean mastering :

• Planche lower to double arm lever
  • Arm lever spin
  • Straddle L sit to handstand (bent arm)
  • Handstand to L-sit
  • And of course the almighty handstand

Without injury/pain.

I’ll take videos every 2 weeks so you can judge my progress

In order to do that, I’ll try to listen more to my body and stop before overtraining.

2. Accomplish the Focused Flexibility program for the full 6 weeks, more details on this tomorrow.

I often let go of the flexibility training whereas it’s really an important component for a healthy body.

3. Let’s not forget the lower body training : Follow the following program for the next 6 weeks :

1 session of http://www.fitnessblender.com/ workout on Tuesday, level 4 or 5.

1 squat routine on thursday.

1 running session on Saturday.

4. These goals will only be valid if I’m unhurt and feel no pain at the end of the 6 weeks which mean good recovery: I shall be in my bed, ready to sleep at 10:30 pm each day. :positive:

And I’m gonna end with the most important : during the next 6 weeks I’m not gonna add anything to that program : no additional session, no program added etc.

Will be permitted: having fun on the rings, but I shall stop before feeling tired.

Counting on you for accountability, ideas and serious fun ! :playful:

PS : Because i love johnny depp and i'm a vampire :

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Those are some awesome goals, very impressive. Love how you make being safe a major part of it. Following you and looking forward to the video goodies :)

Thanks for your support ;)

BOOM! I'm impressed! And I feel ya pain with the wrist problem, my wrists also tend to f*ck with me:/ It has gotten ALOT better doing the wrist warm-ups from GMB a couple of times daily though:) 

Let's smash this! I'll also be posting some videos of my progressions, so we can critique/praise eachother :D 

• Like 1

1st mini challenge :

- Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?

Yup minimum time to be spent on level 2 of P2 : 4 weeks

- Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

All goals are meant to help with my gymnastic style training, they are clear goals with no sub-goals

- Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?

clearly achievable and not really they are already scaled.

- Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them?

1 video every 2 weeks starting monday 20th for  P2. I'll come regularly on the foum to say if my other goals are on track.

- How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?

Clearly pass or fail : those workouts will be done or there will be pain/injury to justify it, not half assed work admitted here.

Same thing for the stretching session.

The harder part here will be to be in bed in bad at a given hour, so let's say that :

- 2 days a week late is a B

- 3 days a wekk late is a C

- Else is failed for the week

- What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?

Different scenarios : wrist pain : diminish do half of the work for each session, add some rehab

other area : well it'll depend of the exact situtation

Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?

Post exam party shall end after 10:30, but i suppose there's no problem with this one ;) no other special event

Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?

nop

Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?

Timing : 2 hours before supper, 1 after for flexibility.

Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?

Multiple habits but with one common goal.

Hey 

I'm following along.  Should really look into GMB's stuff, listened to a bunch of their podcasts and they sound like a great bunch of guys.

They have so much free stuff, just don't stay for hours on their websites :tongue:

So today's recap :

I choosed the stretch to do for the next 6 weeks.

Done quite a bunch of rings work for fun

P2 will still wait for the next week since my wrists are still unhappy with my volume,

Still managed to do a little handstand session. Here is a piece of it, feel free to comment :

And then a few wrists stretchs.

That's all for today !

• Like 1

I love GMB! I haven't done the paralette though, just the floor program and the movement vitamin. Awesome handstand!

Welcome to the Rebellion. With all your gymnastic and mobility goals, next challenge when you are ready to level up and choose a guild, the assassins may be a group you would enjoy. I am an ambassador for the assassins. Which means, we spy out for potential recruits to our guild, and will come by and cheer you on and answer questions. Feel free to PM me if you have a question, or need some encouragement.

You can go check out some of the thread of assassins and see the kind of things we do. Here are some links you can check out to see what we are up to:

The Assassin Guild Info & Announcements

The Assassins' Den guild chat thread this our fun hang out and chat, post gifs, and ask questions place

The Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread

I love GMB! I haven't done the paralette though, just the floor program and the movement vitamin. Awesome handstand!

Welcome to the Rebellion. With all your gymnastic and mobility goals, next challenge when you are ready to level up and choose a guild, the assassins may be a group you would enjoy. I am an ambassador for the assassins. Which means, we spy out for potential recruits to our guild, and will come by and cheer you on and answer questions. Feel free to PM me if you have a question, or need some encouragement.

You can go check out some of the thread of assassins and see the kind of things we do. Here are some links you can check out to see what we are up to:

The Assassin Guild Info & Announcements

The Assassins' Den guild chat thread this our fun hang out and chat, post gifs, and ask questions place

The Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread

Well i'm definitely going for the assassins !

beautiful handstand, such straight lines and strong stability!

Which stretch did you pick for the 6 weeks or did I overlook that?

Nop you didn't ;)

- Pancake

- Downguard dog

- Kneeling lunge

- Shoulder internal rotation extension (hand on the low back, try to move shoulder and elbow to the back)

with contract-relax

- deep squat

- bridge

for time

• Like 1

End of the day :

- HIIT session, tabata style 10min

- mobility session done + extra work on psoas

- wrist stretch done, it starts to feel good :D

here is one part of the session, the last stretch is especially cool :

http://breakingmuscle.com/yoga/3-stretches-to-help-achy-wrists-and-prevent-carpal-tunnel

- 15min slow running session bonus !

But i'll be late for bed time, it'll be my priority tomorrow.

How's everything going mate? 

Well, not much time on the computer to write about it ! :tongue:

Friday :

Stretching done

wrist routine done

Wrist still a bit tired but i start to get some real control on my handstand back : Few sets but i got into straddle and came back into straight line several time. I don't time my handstand but i think i'll try soon to see if i got the 60s mark ;)

Saturday :

Stretching done

Running session done : low intensity for 30min.

Wrist rehab : :(

A little bit of ring training for fun, my muscle up starts to feel really smooth :D

I don't try to be quick on my running sessions this days, my goal is to use and develop my aerobic system to help recovery since i spend most of my time on a chair studying or go anaerobic during my HIIT session. My long term goal is to get to a point where i could a run 30min each day at slow pace without feeling tired.

Sunday :

Stretching done

Played football with friends, went to the field running. Really fun afternoon.

I didn't go to bed at said time that last few days, saturday was ok since i went to see a movie but i really need to take care of that so i'll now shut down my computer a 10pm if i've done my stretching before, or at 9.30 if didn't.

So let's see what i've done this week :

1. Finish the 2nd cycle of the program before the end of the 6 weeks : Well not hard to do since i was still in recovery ^^ I'll start back tomorrow with a video to show my starting point !

2. Accomplish the Focused Flexibility program for the full 6 weeks : This one went well, i start to be used to the stretch. I still have hard time with the bridge but it seems ok since it's not a move you achieve in a few days.

3. Lower body training : Cool stuff here too, i ran more than usually but really slowly, i'll continue like that next week.

4. Sleep and recovery : I felt pain in my low back and limbs but it went away with running. I'll try to stretch my back in the other way after bridge, and i won't start my shower with cold water right after it, it should do the trick.

So what's next ?

Get back to real upper body work, it'll be real fun !

More running !

More mobility work !

Real focus on bedtime, this one is hard because i'm studying for the whole day and i only go on my computer after supper so i tend to stay on it for too long.

That's all for today ;)

PS : A real bonus in this challenge is that i get used to write in english. I never speak it or write it since we don't have any english class this year. So even if i read easily i need like 30min+ to write something that long without too much mistakes (i hope :playful: )

Great job man! I'm in the same position as you with stretching! I've been consistent daily with Focused Flexibility for 5 weeks now, and the results are just amazing! I hated stretching prior to FF, but I'm actually starting to enjoy it now:) 

Cold showers are awesome! They are one of the things that helps my recovery the most! 

I like your attitude to running. I'm not in any way interested in running long distances, or even bettering my time in a 5k or 10k. I don't see the point, and it will work against many of my goals. I do however think there's great benefits training to make things easier so to say. Not pushing yourself to better your distance or time, rather repeating the same thing over and over until it's super easy. That acts more like active recovery, and I really like that approach for running:) 

Good luck with P2 man, looking forward to see your paralettes skills:) 

• Like 1

Ok !

So today's session :

- Planche lower to elbow lever : 2 sets

This one is quite easy when you got both moves

- Lever spin : 4 sets

Another story here ^^ Really hard to keep my balance during the whole thing. 1 min under tension seems quite long sometimes ! I can greatly improve my form here

- Conditionning : 4*15s tuck planche

2*single arm lever work "I can barely come on 1 arm ! Bareeeely... Just one finger left.... You just fell x)"

2*Drop set push ups : i didn't count, i just stop when i feel that my form will deteriorate too much.

I'm gonna do my stretching right at the end of this post.

• Like 1

Wow man! Really nice work:) 

Your lever spin is really impressive! Great work seriously! How long have you been training the Paralletts? Did you do P1 Beginner & Intermediate phase before?

I've bought all of GMBs stuff except P1 & P2 haha, I more than likely will, though, but I've gotta get through F1, R1, F2 & R2 first hehe:D 

GOGOGO:D

• Like 1

Nice challenge! Love the videos :)

I really sympathise with your overtraining/injury woes. Hopefully we can both find that perfect balance between progression and safety one day!

• Like 1

Wow man! Really nice work:) 

Your lever spin is really impressive! Great work seriously! How long have you been training the Paralletts? Did you do P1 Beginner & Intermediate phase before?

I've bought all of GMBs stuff except P1 & P2 haha, I more than likely will, though, but I've gotta get through F1, R1, F2 & R2 first hehe:D 

GOGOGO:D

Thanks man :) I didn't really used parallettes before P2 : just a few L-sits here and there ! I am quite impatient and i already had my L-sit and handstand so i just rushed into P2.

You have easily one year of programming with all that courses ! I also got F2 and R2 waiting ;)

Nice challenge! Love the videos :)

I really sympathise with your overtraining/injury woes. Hopefully we can both find that perfect balance between progression and safety one day!

Yeah... Maybe one day ^^ After that 6 weeks challenge i'll add the foundations from gymnastic bodie to my training. I heard that they really focus on joint prep and i plan on using it to find my weaknesses before moving on harder moves like handstand presses or real ring work. (or one arm chin :P)

Too much fun one day kills the next ? It seems...

Mobility work done for the last 2 days.

I went out running yesterday, my goal was to find a place where i had a cool sprint session once, but i didn't remember exactly where it was. I ran for 30min before finding it, did my sprints.

Until there no problem. Then i say"hey that trail seems cool, i'll see where it ends !"

50 minutes later i'm home and more than done for the day x)

Really a cool run ! But i was just completely sore today, i still tried my usual session (wich was supposed to be like 80% handstands) but got no results and my wrist pain started to come back.(with new ones in the elbow and shoulder btw).

So i don't know if it's cool or not overall, but next time i get lost i'll take a day off after.

I really hate that feeling when you want to push your body but you feel half broken, with no energy. So i'll see if it gets better with a nice night of sleep.

Because we should never end a post with negative stuff : You should really buy this !

• Like 1

Awesome stuff mate, hope I can be as good as you one day :)

Thanks man ! Of course you will, just don't let go :)

Stretching done for the last two days.

Thursday :

Went running and did a bit of basket.

Really felt good after my squat routine, i just stayed in squat position without any effort. I really start to understand how this position can be a resting position and that's awesome ! :D

Friday :

Routine done : My lever spin is on good progress. My wrist still hurts a bit but i think it's under control, we'll see how it goes this week-end. I'll try a handstand session if everything is ok !

• Like 1

Stretching done for the last 3 days, everything is on track ! I really feel progression in my squat position (thanks to calf stretch, it's really my limiting factor here) but my bridging work is really behind in term of progress.

Saturday :

HIIT sessions from Fitnessblender.com like 40-50% squat jumps variations, my quads are really dying on those, i will try to focus a little bit more on hamstrings... somehow ^^

Sunday :

Rest, just 1 little session on rings.

It was really hard to motivate myself to stretch without training before. I'm proud to say i've done it :D

Monday :

I really need more time for those sessions, i'm triing to take a good rest between sets since i feel that it helps my wrists (wich feel like **** now btw), so i didn't manage to do my whole session, just the skill work.

I didn't train on those movements for a while and my technique was really crappy. But i can only make progress !

6* Bent arm press variations : went through bent arm handstand, negative bent arm press, also tested the concentric but i lack control on parallettes.

Go to 50s to see the action ;)

3* handstand lower to L-sits attempt : all failed. Really felt weak.

Don't know if it was really helpfull to post this one but i said that there would be some baseline in video, now there is !

Conclusion thoughts :

Overall my training isn't as successfull nor as enjoyable as it could be these days. I have really short sessions, don't recover well... Exams are coming indeed and my focus is not on training. I'm really like... praying for those vacations to come quickly, other way i'm going to explode !

From where I'm standing, I think you're doing better than you feel you are.  The videos show hard work and you will progress.... slowly but surely.

But exams do make everything tough - so I hope you get through those soon and can focus on something more enjoyable!