• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

You are doing advanced workouts there, don't forget that so progress isn't as quick as with beginner things any more. Also like the others said, everything you do now will pay off, even if you can't see it yet. I speak from plenty experience here as I often felt suuuuuper slow as a learner in my training, but if I look back (and videos are a great thing for that, too) I can see the progress clearly.

Rock your exams and keep yourself sane by keeping the workouts going  :positive:

From where I'm standing, I think you're doing better than you feel you are.  The videos show hard work and you will progress.... slowly but surely.

But exams do make everything tough - so I hope you get through those soon and can focus on something more enjoyable!

Thanks for your support ! You're right i guess it's normal to progress more slowly when you tackle higher goals, but patience is really not a friend of mine :tongue: I want the Iron Throne Right Now !!

I'll definitely participate to that house's fight when i'll be an assassin !

Stay focused man! It's about the quality of the workouts so remain focused even if it's a 15minute workout! Keep at it & you'll progress good even with exams and SHIT :D

Yeah, let's go for it, it'll be my main goal tomorow ! Laser beam focus and that lever spin shall be nailed B-)

You are doing advanced workouts there, don't forget that so progress isn't as quick as with beginner things any more. Also like the others said, everything you do now will pay off, even if you can't see it yet. I speak from plenty experience here as I often felt suuuuuper slow as a learner in my training, but if I look back (and videos are a great thing for that, too) I can see the progress clearly.

Rock your exams and keep yourself sane by keeping the workouts going  :positive:

Thanks for your support ! :)

I've always used some kind of training that permit me to progress quickly (at least in strenght training) except for handstands : I've been training them for 2 years now and got results really late. Each time i try harder moves now, i say "i don't want to take as much time", but i guess it's what i takes !

Really thanks for helping me to stay on the good way, i feel much better today, less frustrated and ready for success (and failure) !

Today training was a HIIT session with a few new moves. You can really feel your brain working when you try new (but easy) moves while moving quick.

I'll train my flexibility only 3 times a week now (at least with the focused flexibily program and use to spared time to try new moves.

If you have 2min i suggest you to read this : http://i.imgur.com/rSnA8.png. ;)

• Like 2

Let's update this a bit... if i can remember... Hmmm

Tuesday :

HIIT session done

Wednesday :

Whole session done :

3* planche lower lo double arm lever

4* Lever spin : great improvement here, i was able to stay on one arm during a slow and controlled transition several times !

4*15s tuck planche

2* one arm lever progression (each arm)

2* decline bar push ups superset bar push ups

Felt really good !

I really progress faster on that session than on the handstand one.

Thursday :

2 HIIT routine in a row !! I'm gonna transition into more of these in the future but for now... Pooooooooooooooooor legs ^^

I was still feeling them yesterday.

I've done the squat routine afterward.

Friday :

Handstand routine :

Short but really felt better than the previous one

handstand  on Pbars*3 (best one for 50-60s)

Handstand Push Ups at at various levels (bent arm stand, negative, concentric attempt) : Quite much pain in the wrists at that point. I already did a HPU successfully on the floor (got it in video :D) but i find it much harder on Pbars.

Saturday :

Little HIIT session : but i helped with my recovery even it was really hard after the last session.

Sunday :

Rest

SO ! I've successfully trained for the Last week, that's the cool part, but :

Only one stretching session : that's what happend when i don't do it every day, that sucks :(

I'll do another one before going to bed.

Goal 3 is fucked up for a long time now, i don't think i've managed to go to bed in time more than 3 times since the beginning of the challenge ^^.

Anyway i'll try to get back on that for the next days since i've got my exams for the next 3 days !! I'm quite calm, if i don't die going there or forget a test, everything should be ok !

how_i_feel_about_my_approaching_exams-42

• Like 2

Ok weekly report incoming :

Monday :

Lever spin work and planche lower to double arm lever on the floor : Clearly not the same feeling than on the parallettes but it's cool to change (since i didn't have my parralettes anyway ^^). But it taxes more the wrists so i won't do that often.

Mobility work done.

Tuesday :

1 hour running plus playing on Pbars and Monkey bars.

Better moment of the run : leg scale on top of a... thing, it's funny how something that seems easy on the floor get hard when you're 2 meters above floor without security x)

Wednesday :

End of exams !!! Let's Party tonight :D

Thursday :

Well i survived post exam, still won't do anything that day. ^^

Friday :

Went back home, still no training, but i ran a bit.

• Like 1

yay for finishing exams! I'm impressed with all the you were able to do while exams were happening. Now you can focus on sleep.

Soooooooo much free time, maybe too much ^^

And sleep is still not on track..

Saturday :

HIIT session done

Sunday :

Rest

Monday :

Whole session done, handstands were solid with a few problems with the kick up like always.

Tuesday :

Went to see the doctor for my wrist, got anti-inflammatory stuff. He said that without it i should have stopped 2-3 weeks, but with it should be over quickly so we'll see. I'll stop my handbalancing for a week before assessing where i am.

Wednesday :

Core routine, really tough and not as fun as handstands but it's still cool :)

Stretching done.

Thursday :

Post party day... ok let's do the hardest HIIT routine in stock. Pain is crushing my legs right now ! x)

Hope it's going well for you !

It's funny because i let the flexibility work aside but i still felt good progress :D so i think i'll stay at 2 sessions a week.

By the way i also started this challenge : https://www.facebook.com/groups/30squat/

• Like 3

Nice work!  Definitely rest the wrist; better safe than sorry.

I'm already quite sorry since i can't do handstands for a while. ^^

Well i won't try to remember the last week day by day.

But since we're 2 days before the end of the challenge i'll look at it as a whole.

Let's look at my goals :

1. Finish the 2nd cycle of P2 before the end of the 6 weeks.

Not done, i feel i progressed well, tried to manage intensity not to aggravate wrist pain. I did some core work instead of the routine in the later part of the challenge.

I missed a few days but life happend i guess.   B-

2. Accomplish the Focused Flexibility program for the full 6 weeks.

Not completely done, still good progress here.      B-

3. Lower body training : Follow the following program for the next 6 weeks :

1 session of http://www.fitnessblender.com/ workout on Tuesday, level 4 or 5.

1 squat routine on thursday.

This one was followed beyond expectation. With the 30/30 squat challenge my squat is in good progress, and i ran quite much.   A

4. These goals will only be valid if I’m unhurt and feel no pain at the end of the 6 weeks which mean good recovery: I shall be in my bed, ready to sleep at 10:30 pm each day.

Maybe the least successfull one, i don't know if it was a good idea to put it that way. If we talk about sleep, i got quite a good amount of it during the whole challenge, but i wasn't in bed at the said hour.

In the same way, my wrists aren't fully healed and i still don't put much weight on it but it's getting really better.

I won't use the skill point stuff because i feel that i'll give it too much importance.

I consider my challenge to be a success even if it could have been far better. So it'll be a B.

Next one will be assassin challenge. A recruit can have some excuses, a true assassin can't. So i'll heal my wrists before the next challenge and rock this one even more !

PS : exams results june the 2nd btw :o

• Like 2

Good job mate! You got the ball rolling now, the next challenge you'll completely SMASH! We both know that!

I'm excited to see what goals you choose to achieve next time around!!  :pride:

• Like 1