Maledictus: Return of the (Big) Mac

Right so I've decided the challenge routine isn't really working out for me so I'll be dropping off race descriptions and random witterings here.

(Place holder for now).

Have a video to watch while you're waiting for something to appear here.

Came dead last in this event.  That happens a lot :).  You get to see me @ 13 seconds in.  They cut away just before I started coughing up canal water luckily :)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Dirty Dozen races today.

12k @ 10am - elite wave so I was truly humiliated.

Got back @ 12:45, so missed the 12:30 6k elite wave - so I went in the next one.  Which was an interesting change of pace.

Load of fun, pics to follow.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

So I got to go round the Airfield Anarchy course to (p)review it for mudstacle - looking very promising indeed.

I'm working on 5/3/1 at the moment and re-read it in my lunch break.  Turns out I should have been adding 5/10 lbs to my MAX each month - I've been adding it to each and every lift.  I thought squats were getting a bit brutal.  I'll re-calculate at the end of this month.

A couple of pics from Dirty Dozen - I've got bored of pics on obstacles and just gurn with UK OCR celebrities these days ...

Beardage

The Lol

Running in http://www.muddykit.co.uk/shop/icebug-acceleritas4-rb9x-3 at the moment and really like them.

My gym also has a full set of monkey bars and a climbing rope, so I'm pretty happy these days...

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

Dirty Weekend yesterday. 20 miles, 200 obstacles, completely brutal.  The cold water and evil wind meant a fair few people had hypothermia and I ended up falling asleep at parts of the course (have no idea what that was about).  

Also did this on the friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZBQB9jGmZM

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

I just watched the highlights video from Dirty Weekend on Mudstacle. You're not kidding, that looked brutal, but also quite fun! Except for the hypothermia part, that doesn't sound nice at all!

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

I just watched the highlights video from Dirty Weekend on Mudstacle. You're not kidding, that looked brutal, but also quite fun! Except for the hypothermia part, that doesn't sound nice at all!

It was a brilliant weekend.  I got a little freaked out by just how many people knew me.  The hypothermia was bad, mainly because last year it was pretty warm so I underestimated it - you expect and plan for it at winter tough guy, not this one...  

You absolutely should do Dirty weekend at least once.  Nothing else like it.

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

Nuclear weekend!

Managed to pull a muscle in my calf on thursday, just before a race.  Luckily I was doing it with my two eldest children, so I wasn't too worried about pace.

They both did brilliantly.

over Ye Go

nuclear family

My son is just old enough to do these and he struggled a bit as he is also quite short for his age - but he managed everything brilliantly, if slowly and methodically.  My eldest got a bit sick of waiting for us both so she asked if she could come back and do it again the next day with me.  I was already coming back to help a friend round so I said sure.   I asked the race director and he was fine with it so long as we stuck together (she's only 15).  

The odd thing is that even though the 6k and the 12k have different age limits, all the tough stuff is on the common section of both courses.  We did the 12k in 30 minutes more than the 6k the day before, so pretty happy with that.  Of course, I was in severe pain by the end of day two, which showed a bit in the pics.  On the plus side, all that appears to have loosened it up a bit.

day2 nuclear

• Like 1

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%