Rita Lin must fit in her wedding dress!!

rita lin

It's been a while...lots has happened, but all is better now.

In October I'm getting married. I'm super excited, and can't wait to walk down that aisle, and soon I will be having my first wedding dress fitting. I bought my wedding dress at the end of October, since then I have moved into my own home with my future husband, and it's been both Christmas and my birthday, so as you can imagine, some weight has been added.

I would like if possible, to lose some weight, and generally firm up all over the place. And while I'm at it I'm going to improve my skating skills and my refereeing skills.

Goal: Weight - 65kg

Quests:

1. Make my own lunch every day - [WIS + CON]

This one shouldn't be too difficult as I'm pretty much doing it now. Focusing on eating less bread and cheese, and focusing more on clean meals.

2. Strength train twice a week - [sTR]

We have our garage gym now! I'm really rubbish at using it, but maybe if I pick two days; Wednesday and Friday, then I'll actually use it!

3. Referee at least once a week - [WIS + CHA]

I no longer play roller derby, instead now I referee it. I'm having so much more fun and am having such a good time! But to get more confident and making penalty calls etc I need to do it more! I either do this at the women's practice on a Thursday (which is scary cause they're like 4th in the country) or at the men's which is better cause there's only like 8 of them.

Life quest: Keep the house clean!

Seriously just do it.

• Like 3

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

STR:19 ~ DEX:6 ~ CON:21 ~ WIS:20 ~ STA:12 ~ CHA:9

Current Challenge - Previous Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies within 10 feet of the pack."

Some big things went on in the last 6 months, which led to me losing interest in keeping healthy and such, one of which was my dad being seriously ill, but he's now on the mend so yay! 

The other was we got a cat! This is Indie:

2015-03-15%2009.44.15.jpg

She's the best thing ever, and I love her so much. She's made me happier in ways I never imagined, and I can't imagine life before her now!

With her here, and my emotional state a lot better, I'm so much more focused on doing well at losing some weight and getting fitter!

Isn't she cute?!

• Like 2

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Took my own lunch today, led over pasta from last night. Super yummy and good for me. My Graze snacks arrived today too so I've got plenty of healthy snacks so I can avoid reaching for the chocolate!

Didn't get in the gym tonight, Rob was away and I can't move his motorbike on my own. But I did some yoga so that's something at least :)

Probably won't referee this week either, but as I did my first ever interleague scrim on Sunday I'm okay missing some xD

• Like 2

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

tumblr_nmw1j7t7WL1tg15q3o1_540.jpg

Breakfast this morning is my regular porridge topped with the first of my Graze treats; Oaty Berry Crumble! Super yummy and healthy and tasty, drizzled with a honey for a bit more sweetness!

Hopefully this should set me up for my day off work revising. 

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

So I suck at front squats. My wrists are too weak from injury to take the strain of the bar, and my shoulders are too puny to hold it. My knees just refuse to point the correct way, even when I concentrate REALLY hard...and even then I forget to breathe so feel like I'm going to pass out!

*sigh* it was not a productive gym session managed:

1 x 10 reps bar alone

1 x 8 reps bar + 5kg

1 x 4 reps bar + 10kg

2 x 4 reps bar + 6kg

Then I did 15 minutes of fast paced yoga, but my thighs are shaking like mad!

Hopefully going for a run in the morning so maybe that'll make up for it.

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

hey at least you tried? and went and did some yoga instead of just throwing in the towel. Love the cutie, my family got two (!) kitties in February, we couldn't take the house being kitty-less any longer (my dad cannot function without something fuzzy to pet) it's crazy how much better everyone can interact and feels with furbabies running around!

• Like 2

"I don't want you to save me. I want you to stand by my side as I save myself."-unknown

Hi doll! And you too!

The kitten looks like our purrl.%7Boption%7D[/img

Will that was useless. ..anyway, glad to see you!

Haha never mind! I think I've seen a pic of her before :)

hey at least you tried? and went and did some yoga instead of just throwing in the towel. Love the cutie, my family got two (!) kitties in February, we couldn't take the house being kitty-less any longer (my dad cannot function without something fuzzy to pet) it's crazy how much better everyone can interact and feels with furbabies running around!

IKR? Yeah I'm glad I did something, even if it didn't go quite how I wanted it to :)

You should train Indie to join you in your yoga practice. It'd be too adorable!

kitten_headstand.jpg

I don't think she would ever be in for that. She just tends to avoid me and looks at me with barely disguised disgust xD

I totally get the happiness that a fur baby can bring. I can't imagine my life without my dog either!

I get lost in the translation.... A referee is like the judge of the game?

Yeah, so in roller derby you have 7 referees per game, who each do different jobs :) and you rotate your jobs, so you don't always do the same thing. But you're watching for penalties, and scoring and just keeping the game flowing well. 

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

So I went to Nottingham Friday night to see one of my best friends (also main bridesmaid), had an amazing time, went on a 4 mile walk with a dog, drank a bottle of wine, ate sweets and generally had the best time!

My thighs are still killing me from Thursday xD The DOMS do not like me lol.

Got a few lunches planned for this week, and am in the process of planning our dinners too. Here's hoping I can keep up with everything!

I'll post some starting stats today too, plus catch up on everyones threads :)

• Like 2

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Okay so starting stats: (based on my scale that weighs all these things)

Weight: 71kg (156lb)

Body fat: 34%

Muscle: 36%

Goals:

Weight: 65kg

Body fat: 30%

Muscle: Simply not less than 36%

So we'll see how we go!

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Finally got in touch with my GP about some of the issues I've been having, so hopefully I'll be a bit better with my diet. I need to attempt to reduce my dairy intake - which is really hard! I LOVE cheese and yogurts xD

Got some meds to take so hopefully all shall be well. I felt so bad tonight I didn't go in the gym, but I did go for a 30 minute walk, so at least I was a bit active :)

Used my slow cooker today too :)

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Congrats and subbed

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: Keeps on Moving

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 62

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Went to the men's skating session tonight, using my brand new skates! They're so much better than my old ones, much more receptive and I can now do skills I was struggling with before :)

Super tired now and my muscles already ache, so time for a cuppa then bed :)

• Like 3

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Went to the men's skating session tonight, using my brand new skates! They're so much better than my old ones, much more receptive and I can now do skills I was struggling with before :)

Super tired now and my muscles already ache, so time for a cuppa then bed :)

That's great! New toys are always good, and when day help us is even better!!

• Like 1

Did some weight training tonight :)

Back squats:

• Bar x 8
  • 25kg x 5
  • 30kg x 5 x 3

Paused squats - bar x 8 - 2 second pause at bottom

Bulgarian split squat w/ dumbbells:

• 5kg x 10 x 2 (5 each leg)

My legs are now quite jelly like, especially after skating yesterday. Attempting power slides and hockey stops have made my left bum cheek hurt xD

I also got to ref last night, so yay! Also, gutted my house on Sunday, so it's nice and clean and we're doing pretty well at keeping it like that for the moment :)

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Another ref session tonight, this was a bit more of a serious one with the women's team, there were four of us, I was front inside pack ref, which was interesting.

I tend to spend most my time jammer reffing, as you only have to focus on the one skater, with the back you're focusing on at the least 4 at the most all 10, so yeah...more complicated.

I didn't call any penalties, but I did call some warnings, so at least I'm speaking now. But I didn't use my whistle :(

Quite active though this week :) yay!

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Picked up my wedding dress today, was a little tight around my hips so I must be better and lose some weight. Just need to sort my diet out, cut out dairy, more meat less carbs.

So of course I was out tonight for a meal had woodcock with veg and about a bottle of white wine...oops.

Skating tomorrow though :)

• Like 3

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger