Rita Lin must fit in her wedding dress!!

rita lin

You are going to have goddess legs at your wedding. You go, girl! 

7 refs?! What are you guys watching for (completely unfamiliar with roller derby)?

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

Level: 6

STR 10 | DEX 10 | STA 7.5 | CON 13 | WIS 16.5 | CHA 12.5

Ch. 1 Ch. 2 Ch. 3 | Ch. 4| Ch. 5| Ch. 6Ch. 7Ch. 8

RPG Fanatics

"Make a fray of your own." - E.O. Wilson, Advice to Young Scientists

You are going to have goddess legs at your wedding. You go, girl! 

7 refs?! What are you guys watching for (completely unfamiliar with roller derby)?

Thanks! Hers hoping. Oh everything there's about a million different penalties. On track you have 2 teams of 5, 4 blockers and 1 jammer (the one who scores the points) so you have 2 refs who focus only on the jammer, watch for points and penalties then the other 5 watch the remaining 8 blockers. Its so fast paced and so much happens that even with all those refs things still get missed xD

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

STR:19 ~ DEX:6 ~ CON:21 ~ WIS:20 ~ STA:12 ~ CHA:9

Current Challenge - Previous Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies within 10 feet of the pack."

Did a zombie run tonight, Rob got the couch to 5k training so I followed him doing that while listening to my regular zombies run mission.

Also been advised to being the fodmap diet for a few weeks, I'm struggling a little with meal ideas but I'm beginning to get my head around it, and I'm determined to do it properly because I'm sick of feeling like shit frankly :)

• Like 2

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Whole 30 would be a great way to start. ...when I get home, I'll find the cookbooks I have. I need to set up some menu plans and would love to work this out with you!

I would love that! Right now I'm just looking through the list of foods I'm allowed and sating what do I want to eat? My main issue is I planned loads of healthy meals and did my shopping accordingly but now half of those I can't eat xD

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Slow and steady. ..I'll review tomorrow, and see what I can see. It's so overwhelming at first! Send me your menu plans. ..and ya know, moving closer is better than moving away. ..ya can't go buy new groceries!

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Thank you so much!! I'm going shipping today so I'm going to see if I can find a decent cook book.

I did find these awesome protein bars yesterday that are gluten, wheat and dairy free, its essentially just nuts and fruit and honey which is good because normally I'd have a protein shake as a snack at work but now I can't xD.

I'm attempting to find a pasta recipe that uses avocado to make a sort of creamy sauce...we'll see how that goes lol

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

I found a Whole30 low FODMAP shopping list :D http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-shopping-list-FODMAP.pdf 

My only issue is whole30 says no grains of any kind, but I am going to be keeping my oats and quinoa :)

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Went on a mile walk tonight, just to the shop to post a parcel, but we're trying to get out more :)

I haven't reffed this week, as I was seeing my friend one night and we went to watch Tyne and Fear roller derby take on the Toulouse Quad Guards last night. It was an amazing bout and I haven't been to watch any live roller derby in a while, so it was great!

I did make my own lunch every day this week - woohoo - and I made my shopping list for lots of low-FODMAP/whole30 meals which I'm going to make on Sunday afternoon. So next week should be sorted too!

I did not strength train this week, but I did go on a few walks and did some yoga. Next week I'll be better!

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Shopping!!

tumblr_nnqdidlo2L1tg15q3o1_540.jpg

Today I bought a ton of veg, some fish, some beef, still got chicken in the freezer, got some fruit too and a few other bits, all for £39 which should hopefully make me and Rob meals for the week :D

Yay!

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Cat on the background's all like "Did you get anything for me?" *sadface*

I know xD. We did buy cat food, but she was far more interested in the sweet potatoes lol

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Been feeling pretty good this week!

Reading my labels and avoiding dairy and wheat strictly, I have been eating some of the fruit and veg on the not-lowFODMAP diet list but haven't been feeling worse for wear. It's amazing how well I feel, and for the first week in almost a month I've had no issues at all. 

It also hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be to avoid these types of foods. I do miss bread...but then I don't miss it quite as much now after over a week.

Reffing is going by the wayside a little, as I only have opportunities to ref the men's league, which is fine but they're not a full team so it's not the same as reffing the women's. But as they're not scrimmaging for any of May, it's tough!

I have been strength training...well bodyweight training, and I'm going for a zombie run tonight too. gotta keep this weight loss up!

• Like 3

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Weighed in again this morning at 67kg, so that's 4kg (~8lb) down! My body fat/muscle percentages are staying the same however, which I would like to change. So I need to increase my level of weight training these coming weeks, and just generally start moving more. But I know I can do it :)

Did another cooking session yesterday ready for the week ahead. I still had a few meals left over, so it wasn't nearly as big, plus the cat knocked over two of my chicken breasts and ruined that anyway. 

The house has been lacking lately. It's not a total mess, but it could do with a good go through, so that may be the job for tonight. 

• Like 3

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Went in the gym last night.

• 3 sets of 10 reps - barbell deadlift (bar alone)
  • 3 sets of 10 reps - decline crunch
  • 3 sets of 10 reps - barbell row (bar alone)

I attempted to do a dip...I did not manage a dip, so we'll keep working on that!

Also, realised I've not posted a pic of my home gym!

tumblr_no86n8I2fo1tg15q3o1_540.jpg

So it's just a bench, squat stands, bar and lots of plates - most of which are hiding behind that tv stand box xD. We have both metal and bumper plates :)

• Like 3

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger