Ranger in training - Swoop

swoop

About Swoop

Just a simple Viking. Work with IT and do Crossfit. 

Prefer to have everything neat and simple. Try to make things efficient in both work and personal life.

Recently started tracking sleep using Misfit Flash, and also logging food using MyFitnessPal. Hoping this habit will last and that the 6 week challenge helps me do that. 

I rarely have problems motivating myself to workout, but rather have a problem maintaining my food discipline i'm afraid. I love good food, and often the good food is not good for my belly. 

Not terrible overweight or anything. Around average and i good shape with reasonable amount of muscle. Just want to trim the belly fat (i know spot reduction doesnt happen btw :tongue:).

Main Quest

My main quest is broad atm. I don't have any numbers, but i want to lower by body fat.

I have several motivating factors, the primary being my upcoming wedding to my girlfriend in 3 months time. So i want to drop as much as possible before she gets here. 

I'm aware that my goals is non-specific, but i have not way ot measuring my current body fat accurately nor tracking it well enough atm. But i can log my food and weight to indicate this. 

This excerpt is from my previous log that i never got around to using i'm afraid :(

"From what i figure my BMR is around 2000 (30 years and around 91-92 kg and 180cm tall). So from this figure i need ~3000 kcal a day to maintain my weight with my activity level (2000 x 1.55 approx). So just because i think 3000 sounds kind of high for me i will try to put my meals at around 2000-2400 range. That gives me the 500 kcal lower at least."

SMART Goals

1. I will follow proper diet 6 days of the week

I have a regular delivery of lowcarb food case every Monday morning. This is my dinner for the week. 

Usually the meals are heavy in greens and very low in carbs. I eat the same meal two days in a row and the final day is a relaxed day with little more lax food. 

For breakfast and lunch i have a cafeteria at work that allows me to get what I want. so my breakfast and lunch are pretty set. Just need to load on the salad and meat and avoid too much carbs and sauce. 

Breakfast is yogurt w. musli and 1-2 eggs. 

I log everything in MyFitnessPal and try to maintain my intake to ~2000 kcal a day. 

The above diet and numbers are from a previously personalized meal plan so i know it works for me from experience. 

2. I will workout at least 3 times a week. 

I track this via MyFitnessPal and regularly schedule the same workouts. Normally a Monday morning, Thursday morning and either a cardio workout on Tuesdays or a team workout Saturday. But always at least 3 times a week booked in advance. 

It's already a habit i just need to keep it and make sure i don't strain my ankle too much as i had a sprain recently. 

3. I will sleep 7 hours a night.

I monitor my sleep amount through my Misfit tracker. 

The goal is set for 7 hours a day.

Also set an alarm on my phone to 22:00 so i HAVE to get ready for bed at that time from now on. 

As an added help i try to not drink any caffeinated drinks after 19:00 and additional take a magnesium pill as it previously have shown to help me relax for sleep. 

Finally i will read a chapter in a  book before bed rather than watch TV. 

Side Quest

My side quest is simple. A nice simple routine of cleaning my kitchen every evening after dinner. 

I have no dishwasher so i have to do by hand. But keeping it down every night is a pleasure and helps me feel ready to cook my low carb meals every night. 

Hope you guys will forgive me for posting a lot of information in my thread as i think i will use this log heavily. I might post small things and insignificant things, but posting and talking about it helps me be motivated and feel good about all the small things i manage everyday :)

Glad to be here and please please hold me accountable to my goals as i have been meaning to post here for a long long time and just got away from it. 

• Like 2

Challenge number 1 Progress

Progress in main quest collectively out of 42 days - 5.5 our of 6 weeks completed

100%
100%

Weight Loss challenge #1 - From 98 to 90kg. - Current: 94.6 kg

40%
40%

Miniquest 1

Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable?
Yes i believe so. I did very well last time i tried but simply ran into a 2 month period of injury (severe sprain on shoulder and ankle at the same time).

Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?
They are all going toward the same goal, and most in place for me now. 

Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?
It's realistic. The timeframe might be small but i can set mroe specific mail goal when i have some numbers to help me along. But i know it's possible!

Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them?
Yes!
I will post on the NF forums, log sleep via Misfit Tracker and log food and exercise on MyFitnessPal. 
Some logs are approximations but i know from experience they are very close. 

How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?
I have not thought about this yet. 
I need to tomorrow loko into this, but i have so far been rewarding myself with the satifcation of doing good, but not found any real rewards yet. Maybe a small reward on sundays for doing well the entire day, but not a regualr cheat day thing. 
Also need to setup some of these grades i saw in an example. 

What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?
If my exercise is halted i will have to be very strict in my diet and perhaps exercise somehow that my injury allows me. But i have not planned yet as i don't expect it to happen. 

Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?
I have 2 things that hit the challenge. a small vacation with some long lost friends that will be a shame to be too strict during. And a party with work thats an important social event. But i feel i can manage these and been working harder with the diet and gym up to this point. But hoping to post my fallouts on the vacation in my log to force myself to be accountable for this. 

Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?
They compliment each other. 

Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?
It's already set. Only problem is time for sleep as i sometimes get random things i need to deal with. My GF lives 5 hours away and we are scheduling a bunch of things for the wedding so late night for me is afternoon for her. So we sometimes need to talk around my bedtime. 

Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?
All energy in my main quest. 
My small things suppliment it. 
  • Like 1

Progress in main quest collectively out of 42 days - 5.5 our of 6 weeks completed

100%
100%

40%
40%

Rough start today. 

Started out great,  followed my diet for breakfast and didn't snack in the morning before lunch. 

Great energy and really ready for a great day. 

Then i started getting my vision distorted and wavy lines in my left field of vision. Telltale sign of a major migraine. Tried to find a dark meeting room at the office to ride it out, but wasn't possible. Decided to call it a day and head home. Thus ended my otherwise nice day. Had 2 energy drinks in the afternoon as i find they normally help me with my migraine and then a nap. For lunch a bit late i also had two buns with ham not following my diet. 

Dinner was back on track though and didn't exceed my calories for the day in my estimates of my intake. 

Okay about my goals. I didn't manage to find time to figure out my rewards and how to level up yet. I will figure it out tomorrow instead. 

But i did remember two more things. I can measure my waist, which i already did to keep track when i can't do bodyfat measurement and i also found my extra life goal. I want to start each day by making my bed. Takes no time and makes me feel relaxed about my start of the day. 

Until tomorrow i'm off to bed... early workout at 6 am and a long day following :)

100%
100%

40%
40%

Thanks man!  :)

I must say being here and posting about whatever i'm doing for this helps me be motivated. Somehow telling whats going on is motivating in itself.

A bit of news today before my daily check in is that photos will be taken tomorrow so i have before/after photos like you suggested. 

Also managed to find a cheap analysis center (special offer) so i can get a body composition analysis as my baseline for everything. So tomorrow morning everything gets tested and that's my baseline  :)

100%
100%

40%
40%

I also struggle more with maintaining my dietary discipline than with working out.  

I think measuring your waist and seeing inches drop will be helpful for tracking progress.  Maybe you should measure chest and hips too?

• Like 2

Level 6 Ranger

Current Challenge - Scrubs!

Previous Challenges - Theme-Free LazinessMedieval MarginaliaBrandon Sanderson's Way of Kings Theme - AgainWay of Kings 1Top Gear ThemeStargate SG:1 themeIron Druid theme!

2016 Battle Log (Long term goal tracking)

I also struggle more with maintaining my dietary discipline than with working out.  

I think measuring your waist and seeing inches drop will be helpful for tracking progress.  Maybe you should measure chest and hips too?

Thanks for the suggestion. 

I might do just that, but i always hated measuring the hips and chest as i don't feel i get consistant results when i previously tried. 

To be brutally honest my biggest struggle is that when i get into a routine of my diet i somehow miss that little "snack" or whatnot on random times. Example something while watching TV or just the little craving once in a while :P 

But for this challenge i will keep the measurements at my waist but taking your advice into consideration i will do measurements all over the body for later use :) Thanks for the suggestion.

100%
100%

40%
40%

Day 4

My daily check in :) I hope to do these about once a day on most weekdays. Though i havent figured out exactly how i do it to make sure i don't just repeat the same things. But right now this is my structure. Suggestions welcome.

Diet

I stuck to my diet all day. Solid breakfast, lunch and dinner. 

I had a few crawings for some snacks but made do with apples and a late night snack of oranges and mango. 

MFP (MyFitnessPal) tells me i stayed below my max kcal a day so should be fine. I feel great!

Workout

Had a workout at 6 am this morning. Kettlebell workout for 30 mins after the inial warm up ect. 

Felt great and i did a good effort i think. 

2 rounds of

60 kb swings 

40 goblet squat

20 situp w. kb

20 kb swings

40 goblet squat

60 situp w. kb

I managed to get to round 2 where i ran out of time with 50 final situps left.

Sleep

I didn't get enough sleep last night i'm afraid. I was unable to fall asleep as early as i wanted and the early wakeup for gym made me clock in at 5 hours and 30mins. Though i wasn't as tired as i expected from this. 

Sidequest - Keeping it clean

Everything was kept nice and clean in my kitchen.

Notes

Well overall great day. Booked a measurement of my body comp tomorrow morning and remembering this helped me not cave in to a small craving for some snack tonight. Also biked to and from work just for the extra work, and in general no problems with energy. 

I had scheduled to figure out how to score my progress in this challenge but i simply ran out of time because i stayed at work a little late. However i feel it's a good little weekend project for me to do.I have a sunday spectating a local weight lifting competition and thus a bunch of downtime where i can think about the whole setup. 

Thats it for tonight ... bedtime :) 

100%
100%

40%
40%

There are may ways to score progress. I've seen people do a A-F... with doing things 100% of the time being an A... then lik e90-99% being a B etc. 

I also saw someone when browsing the other day, that for each goal reached, they got so many points for the day, and tried to rack up as many points as possible during the challenge. 

and as far as updating daily, its nice to be able to see what you've done over the challenge. They don't have to be new and exciting, just a way to track your goals. 

• Like 1

Try not, do or do not- Yoda

There are may ways to score progress. I've seen people do a A-F... with doing things 100% of the time being an A... then lik e90-99% being a B etc. 

I also saw someone when browsing the other day, that for each goal reached, they got so many points for the day, and tried to rack up as many points as possible during the challenge. 

and as far as updating daily, its nice to be able to see what you've done over the challenge. They don't have to be new and exciting, just a way to track your goals. 

Thanks for the suggestions. After reading i immidiately thought i would devide the challenge up into percentages, and give myself X percent each day depending on how good i did that particular day. Then after a challenge i would have a final challenge score somewhere between 0 and 100 (hopeuflly close to 100). So similar to your second mention... I like that idea, because i can track it easily i think. Then setup something like 2points for a day with 100 % regime followed, 1 point for 80% followed and 0 for a day that broke down somehow :P 

In a bout an hour i get my initial body composition, but from my morning weigh in i actually gained a little this week. Not sure i get why, but could be just a fluke. Lets see over the next period how it does.. not too worried and more focused on the day to day routine :)

And thanks for the feedback! Just nice to be able to write up a small summary every day(ish) on how it's going. I'm a tracking data nerd so i would love to be able to track everything in one location somehow :P 

100%
100%

40%
40%

Here is my late weekend update. I had less time than anticipated but at least i had some successes i was not expecting and also in general had a good weekend. But certainly not a regular weekend as it was one of my two allowed times off during the comming time. 

I had two events scheduled when i began the challenge. This friday was one with a spring party at work, and next weekend is the other with a vacation planned a long time ago.

Without further ado.. my weekend.

Friday

Body composition

This morning i had a body composition analysis. It was pretty much what i expected. I weight in at 98kg and my bodyfat climbed all the way back to 25%. I used to be at 18% in September last year and iwas about 5-6 kg lighter. This is my current goal to get back to. 

It was a bit of a wake up call but nothing i was not expecting.. but none the less motivation to keep my diet in check all the time. 

Diet 

Fridays is brunch day at work. I managed to only scruff down a bit of it... normally this is my routine. Avoid the pancakes, keep the other portions minimal and in general just enjoy it still :) So this was a great start of the day and i was also general good day. 

Afternoon was warming up to the night out with the company and again a bit of cheating on the diet but planned so i didn't mind. The night ended late late late... My thought was that saturdays workout was going to get cancelled on account of a major hangover :P 

Saturday

when i woke up i was sure i would not be able to get to my team workout at 11am. After i woke a few time i felt okay enough to drag myself onto the bike and have a nice ride to the box. Managed to give it 110% through my workout and even add in another quick workout before enjoying the bike ride home again. Felt great to skip the usual hangover routine with major pitfalls for bad food ect and just go sweat it out and enjoy the nice weather outside. 

In the evening my diet plans was back on track and had a traditional low carb meal again. Oh and also had a nice smoothie to help get some vitamins into my system. 

Sunday

This day was another tricky day. I had to spend the day supporting my crossfix box'es weightlifting team at the national championships. 

My breakfast was a sandwich and then almost nothing most of the day. A burger and then finished with some bbq meat with salad. All in all i counted it together and though my food choices were limited and bad i stayed below my calorie limit for the day. So i count it as a win. 

Things i didn't manage to get done.

I didn't get to formalize all my challenge progress. My idea in general is to track each good day and then set a "grade" for how much i complete during the entire challenge. 

I have to focus on a few other things these days so it has to be something i can do when i get some free time. 

Monday

Today was a general good day. 

Workout in the morning at 6am and then a quick weight in and i actually dropped some weight despite the weekend. Not alot and night swing back on tmorrow. But was a good motivator :) 

Nothing more to note today. Under my calorie limit again and managed to get a bunch of stuff cleared away on my growing todo list. Really hoping to drop that Todo list this week so i get some time to relax a little. 

100%
100%

40%
40%

Day 9 - Tuesday

trying out a new style og logging daily'ish :P Really don't know how to log this without resorting to a minor journal entry each time. And i think over time it would get repetitive for both you guys and me :)

Daily summary of goals:

Diet: Completed.

Workout: Completed a cardio session as pr. planned.

Sleep: Mostly completed - Managed 6 hours as opposed to my scheduled 7.

Sidequest of cleanliness in my home: Mostly completed - Minor exceptions detailed below.

Summary:

So today was a good day again. Regular day at work where i didn't cave into all the temptations of good food or dessert. Had plenty of water and managed to stay under my daily calorie limit. 

In the afternoon i had my Cardio Class and consisted of 25 mins og getting my pulse through the roof with the following workout. 

400m rowing 

10 box jumps

10 pushups

20 kettlebell swings (16 kg)

20 KB thrusters (16 kg)

30 V-Up (and when tired atomic situp)

30 Jumping jacks

Going down the workout and then back the same way up. Too bad my new fitbit tracker wasn't powered when i bought it because i would have loved to have some HR information on this workout :) 

I didn't however managed to get to sleep on time so only clocked in 6 hours sleep time (measured by Fitbit - yeah i got a Fitbit now :P). But i feel it's okay and my goal perhaps should be updated to say 7+ is completed, and 6-7 is okay and anything below 6 is a bad night i need to work on. How does that sound ?

Oh yeah and i related news i got a Fitbit Charge HR instead of my Misfit Flash. The Misfit was deemed defective by their support as it dropped half my data a few times during sync, so i opted for returning it and investing a little more to get more data. 

Downside is charging the Fitbit but the upside is that i get heart rate information through the day, much better estimation of calories burned and a much better app so far. Here i can track everything seemingly in the Fitbit app and only log food and extra workouts through MyFitnessPal. So a simple solution that i value.

About my cleanliness goal of the apartment. I managed to clear the entire kitchen after making food and felt great about that. 

However i didn't manage to clean up the living room. This is twofold. I have a few unsorted items from photography of pictures i haven't sorted and uploaded yet. So leaving out my camera bag annoys me into doing this. 

Second is a few items that i need to pack tomorrow (tonight actually as i'm writing this on a Wednesday) for my mini vacation in London. Thus i allow it to be laid out to remember. 

That's it for todays entry (or yesterdays entry to be honest). Breakfast time! :)

100%
100%

40%
40%

Day 10 to 14 (London baby!)

Okay nothing was according to my goals during this time. Not due to lack of motivation, but more to my mini vacation to London to visit a friend. 

In summary the good news is that we walked quite a bit. Bad news is that we drank and ate whatever we felt like. 

Good experience but don't feel i went too overboard. 

Worst food was propably burgers from Five Guys (all in all my new favorite burger joint ever!). And worst things apart from that was the amount of beers we had. But thinking back on how many km we walked each day i think the damage was minimal and the trip was worth remembering :)

Side note is that i now have a small cold to battle on top of everything. Also i need to do major cleanup in the apartments as when i got home i just dumped my clothes out from the luggage. But should be handled today. 

We are now on Day 15

Breakfast was not according to schedule but at least below my estimated calories for that meal. Lunch was good and i have been in general chugging down the water. The cold has been holding my energy down, but i biked to work and took the stairs just for the extra exercise. 

Originally would have been at the gym in the morning but decided to forego today on account of my cold, cough and general fatigue from the trip and travel. If i had i would be very poor at my job hehe

Though I managed a nice nap in the afternoon and fixed a bunch of things here at the house. Mostly my broken TV that doesn't get sound through HDMI anymore so i had to be creative with my wires :P Found a solution that works and now all my sound sources go through optical cables so guess it's not all bad :) 

Finally i didn't clean much besides my kitchen (all done though). My laundry from the trip will be wednesday and same goes for putting things from the suitcase back to storage :) 

The meals through the day fit my schedule and i think i went way below my calories for the day according to MFP where i logged everything today. So guess a good day :)

Okay here is my daily summary

Daily summary of goals:

Diet: Completed.

Workout: Failed partially - Decided against gym in the morning on account of a cold and very little sleep after travelling. 

Sleep: Managed about 7 hours good sleep. Though sleep deprived after the weekend :P Also snuck in a nap in the afternoon to help. 

Sidequest of cleanliness in my home: Mostly completed - Details above.

100%
100%

40%
40%

New Experience > Routine in my mind even for workout and diet :tongue:

And it seems you've done everything possible to move more so that's really cool keep going :)

Thanks :) Thats my reasoning also. I don't want to forego good experiences just because of a diet or challenge as such... just not overdo it :)

And yeah think we moved around quite a bit and if nothing else had a great time :) 

Thanks for the encouragement :) 

100%
100%

40%
40%

I didn't however managed to get to sleep on time so only clocked in 6 hours sleep time (measured by Fitbit - yeah i got a Fitbit now :tongue:). But i feel it's okay and my goal perhaps should be updated to say 7+ is completed, and 6-7 is okay and anything below 6 is a bad night i need to work on. How does that sound ?

Hey there swoop! Good job on sticking with the first 2 weeks of the challenge. The rangers will definitely be waiting for you :-)

As I understand it, the fitbit tries to measure the amount of time you are actually sleeping. It's a useful tool, but it seems a little harsh to fail yourself if you make a good effort but just can't get enough sleep (just my opinion). You might cut yourself some slack as long s you are spending enough time trying to sleep. I think sometimes it can be counterproductive...worrying too much about sleep can make it hard to actually sleep!

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Hey there swoop! Good job on sticking with the first 2 weeks of the challenge. The rangers will definitely be waiting for you :-)

As I understand it, the fitbit tries to measure the amount of time you are actually sleeping. It's a useful tool, but it seems a little harsh to fail yourself if you make a good effort but just can't get enough sleep (just my opinion). You might cut yourself some slack as long s you are spending enough time trying to sleep. I think sometimes it can be counterproductive...worrying too much about sleep can make it hard to actually sleep!

Thanks for the encouragement :) !

You are right. Fitbit measure the time i actually slept and how well. I could do an entire challenge just about getting enough sleep and perhaps just as important restful sleep. But for now just to keep me around 6+ hours and aiming for 7 hours+. 

However i wouldn't punish myself if i didn't have a choice about the amount of sleep, but if i just stayed up late watching movies or something like that ignoring my "go the f**k to sleep" alarm it's my own fault for not getting enough rest. The goal is to establish a routine of going to bed a little earlier than usual and just being aware of the amount of sleep certainly helps me in terms of wanting to do better :) 

I have a later goal of doing some sort of daily meditation to see if it helps my sleep patterns or not :) 

Also would love Fitbit to implement a wake during light sleep alarm feature :)

• Like 1

100%
100%

40%
40%

Yes, they definately will. Keep up the good work!

100%
100%

40%
40%

Day 16

Today was a partial mess of a day. Though i knew it in advance.

Had a glass tasting, essentially a wine tasting were you try the same wines in grape specific glasses to get a feel for how much better it is when you use the right glass for your wine. In total 3 glasses of wine and because of no dinner i opted for a Burger on the way home. All in all i went about 200kcal over my budget + the 3 glasses of wine. Not a major dealbreaker though. 

No exercise on account of my cold/cough. 

Sleep was about 7 hours total so i call that a win :)

All in all i think i made the best of a day i knew would be an erratic day outside my regular routine. 

100%
100%

40%
40%

Day 17

Diet

Breakfast - check according to plan

Lunch - check according to plan

Dinner - Partially according to plan. 

Workout

Still recovering from my could and cough. Coughing out my lungs at times but getting better. Tomorrow will be next scheduled cardio workout. 

Sleep

Got enough sleep. About 6.5 hours total. 

Woke up refreshed  but at a bad time in my sleep cycle. Though just a small detail. Still have no way of starting the alarm during light sleep phase without using the phone on the mattress technique which i'm against  :)Hopefully Fitbit will incorporate smart alarms soon  :)

Cleanliness

Kitchen is clean in the morning apart from a few papers, and i made the bed. So i feel relaxed about the tidiness scenario at home  :)

Notes

Busy day after work. I needed the car but didn't have a parking space at the office (we share a few parking permits unfortunately). So i decided to take the car and park a few blocks away and walk through the park afterwards. Only a few minutes out of my time but the morning felt so much better after a nice walk to work in the park. Of course took the stairs rather than the elevator yet again. Amazing how motivating it is for me to have the Fitbit tracking my moves  :)

Rest of the day quite active and got a lot of things done at the house so almost finished with my giant todo list :)

100%
100%

40%
40%

RPG or no RPG

I have been thinking past few days if i should do the RPG element here or not. 

Mostly i have been having a hard time getting my head around stats ect. I have never been a big RPG player as such. And as for motivation a simple level = challenge completed would suit me just fine as i'm worried othervise i get wrapped up into points and spending ect. 

Right now i'm leaning towards just displaying my stats in level as completed challenges, and various progress in the challenge(s) i'm doing and not much more. KISS principle is kinda strong for me a lot of the time. 

I like the whole level up and getting experience aspect but i dislike actually having to do the manual labor myself. Kinda puts another task on my court that i might not get around to :) 

Thoughts ? 

100%
100%

40%
40%

Day 16

Today was a partial mess of a day. Though i knew it in advance.

Had a glass tasting, essentially a wine tasting were you try the same wines in grape specific glasses to get a feel for how much better it is when you use the right glass for your wine. In total 3 glasses of wine and because of no dinner i opted for a Burger on the way home. All in all i went about 200kcal over my budget + the 3 glasses of wine. Not a major dealbreaker though. 

No exercise on account of my cold/cough. 

Sleep was about 7 hours total so i call that a win :)

All in all i think i made the best of a day i knew would be an erratic day outside my regular routine. 

You did good! Yay for sleep goals!

It sucks being sick in your challenge.. I feel your pain. Hope you're feeling better :)

• Like 1

Current Challenge: The Phoenix Rises

Last Challenges: Until Lambs Become Lions, The First Avenger

Level 2 Ranger

STR - Physical Strength - 4

DEX - Agility and Speed - 2

STA - Endurance and Energy - 3

CON - Ability to Resist Damage and Disease 3

WIS - Intuition and Sense - 4

CHA - Personality and Physical Attractiveness - 4

Is there a word for total screaming genius that sounds modest and a tiny bit sexy...?

Lose 10kg

57%
57%

Lose 5 inches (waist)

30%
30%

RPG or no RPG

I have been thinking past few days if i should do the RPG element here or not. 

Mostly i have been having a hard time getting my head around stats ect. I have never been a big RPG player as such. And as for motivation a simple level = challenge completed would suit me just fine as i'm worried othervise i get wrapped up into points and spending ect. 

Right now i'm leaning towards just displaying my stats in level as completed challenges, and various progress in the challenge(s) i'm doing and not much more. KISS principle is kinda strong for me a lot of the time. 

I like the whole level up and getting experience aspect but i dislike actually having to do the manual labor myself. Kinda puts another task on my court that i might not get around to :)

Thoughts ? 

I really like the idea of the stats/levels because I get motivated by competition. I look around and see other people with awesome stats and levels and Im like I WANT TO BE THERE!! So for me I am keen to do it (this is my first challenge so I'm on 0 for everything! argh!). I also like that you can choose where your stats go dependant on your missions... So if you want to create a physically strong character, you would focus on things that give you "Strength" points. I guess it's a way to hone in on what your focuses are.

I found this Stats and Levelling Up Guide really useful and then I added the stats to my signature. Oh and this one for "Making your character" is cool too.

Maybe just do the levels thing if that's what will motivate you? Once you finish a challenge, level up. Keepin it simple...!

Current Challenge: The Phoenix Rises

Last Challenges: Until Lambs Become Lions, The First Avenger

Level 2 Ranger

STR - Physical Strength - 4

DEX - Agility and Speed - 2

STA - Endurance and Energy - 3

CON - Ability to Resist Damage and Disease 3

WIS - Intuition and Sense - 4

CHA - Personality and Physical Attractiveness - 4

Is there a word for total screaming genius that sounds modest and a tiny bit sexy...?

Lose 10kg

57%
57%

Lose 5 inches (waist)

30%
30%

I really like the idea of the stats/levels because I get motivated by competition. I look around and see other people with awesome stats and levels and Im like I WANT TO BE THERE!! So for me I am keen to do it (this is my first challenge so I'm on 0 for everything! argh!). I also like that you can choose where your stats go dependant on your missions... So if you want to create a physically strong character, you would focus on things that give you "Strength" points. I guess it's a way to hone in on what your focuses are.

I found this Stats and Levelling Up Guide really useful and then I added the stats to my signature. Oh and this one for "Making your character" is cool too.

Maybe just do the levels thing if that's what will motivate you? Once you finish a challenge, level up. Keepin it simple...!

Yeah i might do a intermediate thing where i simply level up, without all the stats :) Never been good at it.. but i have a long weekend now so i can plan and think ahead about it :) 

Thanks for the encouragement :) Helps keep me motivated to post and be accountable :)

• Like 2

100%
100%

40%
40%