Do you have a theme song?

At this point in my life this is my theme song:

I'm an anthropologist/archaeologist, so I roam the world learning about different cultures and learning languages. I'm trying to take myself less seriously since I'm very concentrated on doing things and I end up not laughing and having fun when I'm working, but I don't want it to be that way. Can you recommend a new theme song for me that will help me not take myself so seriously when I'm focused on something?

Hostile intent is imminent. You prepare for battle.

Love this idea, and love some Metallica ("One", 'nuff said). As for not taking yourself so seriously, if you want to stick with the same theme but more "fun" and upbeat...B52's "Roam"?? What genre of music "fits" you? We'll find something!

Can we have more than one? :-) It's hard for me to label a single song "my theme song" (one that defines "me").

This song has pretty much always stayed true to me. I actually wanted to post a different version, but today was the first time I ever saw the "Official" video, and wow! WTF?!?! So, I have to post that one now! :-) It starts with a 30 second ad....sorry (the no ad version quality sucked).

John O'Callaghan's "Find Yourself (Original Mix)"

Of course, this song hit me in a big way the first time I heard it and it has stuck with me in much the same way as "Find Yourself".

Super8 & Tab's "My Enemy (Rank 1 remix)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2HIn4rJ_i0

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Same as my signature, Roll Away Your Stone by Mumford & Sons. I just really feel like the lyrics capture where I've been in the last few years and where I am right now....

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Stars hide your fires for these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around
And so I'll be found with my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul ~ Mumford and Sons

As for not taking yourself so seriously, if you want to stick with the same theme but more "fun" and upbeat...B52's "Roam"?? What genre of music "fits" you? We'll find something!

Can we have more than one? :-) It's hard for me to label a single song "my theme song" (one that defines "me").

Of course we can have more than one! It's dorky but, I'm making an OST album for my alter ego. I call it the "Element Huntress Loveless OST". Har! For a short time it'll be available here.

Also, I love that B-52s song, it's way more positive and upbeat! Great idea! I'll take that as part of my soundtrack:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJzuqZEbFHQ

I play the fiddle, so maybe something with fiddle in it would be good too, but I don't have genre loyalties. Like my Ranger class, I like a little bit of everything! :)

You have some great theme songs! I just love this exercise since it gets us to know each other in a fun way.

Of course we can have more than one! It's dorky but, I'm making an OST album for my alter ego. I call it the "Element Huntress Loveless OST". Har! For a short time it'll be available here.

I love it! I've been doing the same for a number of years! My current OST is ~50 tracks strong! Some highlights:

Heart's a Mess by Gotye

Requiem for a Dream - The Remix by Clint Mansell (Lux Aeterna Full Orchestra Remix) - For those truly epic moments!

Ghost Love Score by Nightwish - For those other kinds of epic moments (kinda the opposite of the epic moments from above)

Nightcall by Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx - Recently added from the Drive OST

This Night by Black lab - For those beat down moments

How Far We've Come by Matchbox Twenty - For those "get your ass back up" times (yeah, not exactly what the song is saying, but that's oddly what I get out of it)

I play the fiddle, so maybe something with fiddle in it would be good too, but I don't have genre loyalties. Like my Ranger class, I like a little bit of everything! :)

You have some great theme songs! I just love this exercise since it gets us to know each other in a fun way.

Ooh...fiddler songs. Maybe some Dave Matthews Band?

#41 by DMB:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz9B3Eki0LI

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Lux Aeterna might well be the most epic song in the universe. I've been learning it on the fiddle. This is not my work, but it inspired me to learn the song:

Dave Matthews is pretty cool, though I'm trying to add things that are a bit more pumped up for times of workout and parkour. :)

Lux Aeterna might well be the most epic song in the universe. I've been learning it on the fiddle. This is not my work, but it inspired me to learn the song:

I could not agree more, and great find on the song you posted! Love it! This is just one of those songs that makes you feel like you can take on the world :-)

One of my favorite songs by Nightwish. Good call.

I love Nightwish, and this song will always be their best IMO! To me, booting out Tarja was the biggest mistake they ever could have made.

Great thread.

If I had to nail it down to one song, it's probably Tool - Forty Six & Two

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm38Ojh61lY

Tool is in a separate category unto themselves as far as I'm concerned and my Tool "theme song" would have to be the live version of Pushit off of Salival.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgDwkSlCwHw

If I had to narrow this down to one song, total, I'd probably have to stick with my boy Iggy.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDNzQ3CXspU

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

One of my favorite songs by Nightwish. Good call.

quoting for truth

if you guys haven't seen the 'end of an era' dvd i highly recommend it...a solid performance, as good a performance as iron maiden's 'live after death' (the cassette as it had all the songs whereas the cd was missing a few songs), but i digress

I love Nightwish, and this song will always be their best IMO! To me, booting out Tarja was the biggest mistake they ever could have made.

as for tara, she sorta brought it on herself, well she and her hubby (the tool -- didn't think touring the US was in their best interests, wtf?)

you're fired...lol

and, yeah, anna is not quite tara...tara is a metal chick who happens to be friggin hot

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbjYLNxCwZ4

lyric blocks and how I interpret them

Feels like your life is over
Feels like all hope is gone
You kiss it all away
Maybe, maybe

This is a second coming
This is a call to arms
Your finest hour won't be
Wasted, wasted

2011 has been a shitstorm for me. Divorce, my mom's cancer coming back with a vengeance, etc. I could have thrown in the towel, but I toughed it out. I've yet to have my finest hour. When that time comes, I'll be ready and I'll survive it.

Hey, Hey
Hell is what you
Make, make
Rise against your
Fate, fate
Nothing's gonna keep you down
Even if it's killing you
Because you know it's true

Nobody but me is to blame for my current state. It's up to me to fix it.

Listen up, Listen up
There's a devil in the church
Got a bullet in the chamber
And this is gonna hurt

The body is a temple. The "devil in the church" is all the stuff that holds us back. The bullet in my chamber is a combo of nutrition and exercise. And, yes, it's going to hurt to make the change.

You got your hell together
You know it could be worse
A self-inflicted murder
Maybe, Maybe
You say it's all a crisis
You say it's all a blur
There comes a time you gotta
Face it, face it

In my family, being fat is a death sentence. You are either strong and lean or your heart gives out in your 50s. There's no use running from the facts. I'm doomed to repeat history if I don't take heed.

Who decides why we live, and what we'll die to defend? Who chains us, and who holds the key to set us free?

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need. Now fight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTU0gELs85I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Shellshock by New Order.

When I get to a wall in workout or life in general, the chorus somehow helps me break through to the other side:

" Hold on! It's never enough

It's never enough until your heart stops beating

The deeper you get, the sweeter the pain

Don't give up the game until your heart stops beating"

STR 5.25 | DEX 3.75 | CON 5.75 | END 3.5 | WIS 6 | CHA 5.5

not a theme song or anything that particularly says anything about me but this song is pretty much the relationship between me and 3 school friends, had one of em listen to it and he just sat and grinned like a cheshire cat throughout because he knew how true it was :D

and this is kinda how i'd like things to be, to be a poet of the deed :)

My theme song has been the same since I was 16 years old. A little bit different than the rest of what has been posted on here so far :)

Simon & Garfunkel: 59th St Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)

Always puts me in the best mood!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!