TheWanderingGhost becomes the Warrior Princess.

So, I've been slacking for a while, ever since I came back from a trip to Europe (which was the greatest time of my life!). I have just gotten back on my diet, two weeks after returning home and my workout schedule, it was sad before but its worse now. Well its time to get back on track. 

I've been watching a lot of Xena: Warrior Princess lately so that's the theme I've picked for this challenge. 

Main Objectives: 

1. More frequent workouts; five to six days a week. This includes Parkour training. 

Parkour goals: 

1. Perfect Safety vault: Learn to adapt to each space, learn to transition it into a dismount.  

2. Work on dive roll: Find a low fence or chain and work on diving over it. 

3. Work on balance: By balancing on rails. 

4. Keep working on roll: Start rolling on pavement more frequently.

2. Tighten diet; No cheats, no exceptions. Stay true to paleo like Xena stays true to Gabrielle. ( Xena + Gabrielle = OTP). 

3. Go running more often; I am participating in a 5K in May which I am really excited about. Its not particularly far but I want to be ready anyway. 

tumblr_mlkhhidTk31qfw572o1_400.gif

But wait! Can't forget the side quests. I am a writer so there is a lot of writing goals in here. 

tumblr_maz45d42LM1rxgqbco1_400.gif

Side Quests: 

1. Make at least 3 new paleo recipes. 

2. Start and finish at least one yoga program.

3. Write at least 15 pages of my new book idea. 

4. Start writing with another project that a friend wants me to co-write with her.  

5. Avoid junk food. A bit cliche but not a bad idea. 

6. Finish watching Star Trek TNG. 

7. Start and finish Xena cosplay. That's right I'm doing a cosplay, and a craft heavy one at that. I would like to take it to a con soon if I get it done. 

Well thats it. And as Xena says AIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIA!

xena-warrior-princess-2-o.gif

• Like 2

"Our destiny is in the stars, so let's go and search for it."

17/ 4/15: 

Did a good workout at the gym. Started off with a quick 1/2 mile run then went and lifted weights. 

This isn't a particularly organized entry, will make better records next time. 

Achievements:

Bard achievement: Wrote a couple paragraphs in sci-fi story idea.  

Strength achievement: Lifted 55 pounds on the tricep pull at the gym. 

Anti-Junk food achievement: Haven't partaken in any fare that would be deemed unhealthy. 

• Like 3

18/4/15: 

Went for a 2.2 mile run. (I know that cause I measured it for the assassins challenge.) And did lunges all through out the run, of course not at the same time. I would take 'lunge breaks' and these were the opposite of breaks. I did a total of 304 lunges in a span of two days. Ouch. 

Achievements: 

Foreign Fare: Made a new Paleo recipe.

Anti-Junk food: Avoided sugary foods.  

House Baratheon: Victory!

• Like 2

21-22/4/15: 

Didn't workout at all. :( 

Notes: Need to really push self to get out there. 

-10 points (Havent been scoring but I'll take them anyway.)

Punishment: Reach 200 pushups in PVP challenge that I am totally losing in. 

Achievements: 

Strength of a Warrior: Did 20 pushups in a row without too much difficulty! A HUGE step in the right direction. 

• Like 2

23/4/15: 

Did an abb workout today but didn't get too far due to some interruptions. 

20 leg lifts-2 sets

30 situps

Quadricep Planks (not sure what they are called): 10

Mountain climbers 10

Also will be doing ten push ups every hour on the hour. Maybe I'll be able to hit 200 then :P

Also want to try to get out a do some actual parkour training. I haven't gone in a LONG time. I'm going to make it a priority this challenge and from now on.  

• Like 4

I love the parkour aspect! How's it going for you? I really want to get into it but have no idea where to even start!!

Congrats on the pushup achievement!!! You are doing a great job on the PvP challenge, we just have some insane competitive over-achievers in the assassins guild!

• Like 1

Starting: Weight 176lbs | Bodyfat ~19% | Current: Weight 184lbs | Bodyfat ~16.5% | Goal: Weight 190-200lbs | Bodyfat 6-10%

Level 2 Human Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

First Challenge : Completed.

Second Challenge : In progress.

Tixnleeches Epic Quest (Life Goals) : In Progress

I love the parkour aspect! How's it going for you? I really want to get into it but have no idea where to even start!!

Congrats on the pushup achievement!!! You are doing a great job on the PvP challenge, we just have some insane competitive over-achievers in the assassins guild!

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010/08/12/the-definitive-guide-to-parkour-for-beginners/

This isn't a bad place to start. I can recommend a bunch of other stuff too but anyway.  :P

Parkour is going alright. I will be going training tomorrow (its hard to do a really good training session in the weekdays.)

And thank you about the pushups!  

• Like 1

24/4/15: 

Did a fairly good workout today.  Started with quick run then headed for the gym. Today was arms and shoulders day for me. 

Started out with

10- 15 pound Bent Over Dumbell Rows.(Ten reps for each arm.)

Tricep pull - 30 pounds

Lat pull -40 pounds

Shoulder Arm machine that's name I don't know- 10 reps with 40 pounds. (A new record)

10 Pushups

Only got to one set unfortunately but it was a good workout regardless. 

Achievements: 

Strength of a warrior: New Record on machine lifting. (Yay!)

• Like 2

25/4/15: 

Woke up late but went training anyway. 

Training routine: 

Warm up: 

Quadruple Crawl

Heel crawl

Sloth Shimmy

Workout: 

Tricep dips-10

Precision Jumps

Roll practice 

Cool Down

Did pretty well and got to practice rolling on hard surfaces which went better than expected. 

Achievements: 

Tumbler Achievement: Rolled on hard surfaces

Foreign Fare Achievement: Cooked a new plaleo recipe! That being Paleo Ramen with zucchini noodles. 2/3

• Like 1

28/9/14: 

Feeling a bit discouraged. We had a fitness test in one of my classes. And I ended up not being able to do some of the things they asked me to do and felt my self being very frustrated. But I know if I work hard and keep on keeping on, I'll achieve my goals. And I shouldn't compare myself to other people, buts its hard not to, which is something I need to work on. 

28/9/14: 

Feeling a bit discouraged. We had a fitness test in one of my classes. And I ended up not being able to do some of the things they asked me to do and felt my self being very frustrated. But I know if I work hard and keep on keeping on, I'll achieve my goals. And I shouldn't compare myself to other people, buts its hard not to, which is something I need to work on. 

Well anyway who can do that sloth shimmy is way badass, so I'm sure that if you keep at it , you'll get the goals.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

29/4/15: 

Played a good game of football/soccer in a class. I had a lot of work to do at home so I couldn't do much else. But it was fun so no regrets there. :P

Achievements: 

GOALLLL: Got a goal from long distance. 

(note for next week: Make body weight work outs more of a priority aim for 3 times a week.)

(2nd note: Try to get more than one training day in next week.)

1/5/15: 

Weight day today. 

Started with: 

Trciep pull- 40 pounds- 10 reps (2 sets)

Lat pull- 40/50 pounds- 10 reps/ 5 reps (2 sets)

Rows- 40/60 pounds- 10 reps (2 sets)

Trciep extension- 5/10 pounds (2 sets) 

Managed to get to sets down for each exercise and a good stretch to cool down.  

2/5/15: 

Training day today. Got up fairly early so no one would be at the park I train at. (I like my privacy.) 

Warm up:

Quadrupedal Crawl- back wards and forwards

Crab walk - forward and back

Workout: 

Glute Bridge (decline) - 10 

Squats- 20

Precision Jumps

Safety Vault drills

Roll practice

Cool down

So I did fairly well. I have been working on doing a precision jumps from a curb up to a bench, honestly I get freaked out trying for no reason. I worked on simply jumping upward which is an important thing to work on more. I have decided to try a more zen technique and imagine myself making the jump until my next training day. This should help me overcome this fear. 

I need to work on flow for safety vaults. I tried a cat hang today, DEFINITELY need to work on that. Need to work on adapting my vault to the object I want to pass over. Also I need to work on dropping from higher places. 

Achievements; 

Tumbler technique Achievement: Rolled on a hard surface

Moves like a ninja Achievement: Good safety vault over a bench. 

• Like 1