• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

c4cherry

Spring has sprung ~ My First 6WC

Hello ~

I’m Cherry and this is my first challenge. I’ve been lurking around for a couple of months, but never seemed to think I can do the challenge. But, spring is in the air and the blooming Cherry Blossoms have given me inspiration.

Up until a few years back, I was very active. Then I started stopped school and started working from home and ever since then I’ve packed on the pounds. I feel lazy and tired all the time. I start out great and then soon lose the buzz and land up back to square one. I’m hoping this challenge will help me be accountable.

Main Quest: Lose 6 pounds by the end of this challenge (6 pounds in 6 weeks! Current weight:166pounds/75kgs; Target weight:160)

Quest 1: Get active and feel strong. Do some exercise every day, even if it’s for 10 minutes. The plan is to do x1 Beginner’s BW on Wed/Friday/Monday (and increase it as the weeks pass)

Sat: Yoga

Sun: 2 laps around the race track

Quest 2: Learn to Hula Hoop. Practice for a few minutes everyday [i’ve always wanted to hoop and my friend just got me one….that’s a sign!!!]

Quest 3: Get up at 5am every day. [Off late, just been lazy and want to get out of that slump. I find that I do so much more when I get up at 5AM. I’m able to plan my day instead of just running around like a headless chicken!]

P.S. I’m not doing any points right now as it seems complicated. So, will just do a +3 for each day that I accomplish my x3 goals (10 mins exercise, 10 mins hooping, get up at 5am)

~~~~

"Either I will find a way or I will make one" ~ Philip Sidney

• Like 1

wow, you are heading a full program here, hey!

Love the Hula Hoop goal, always admire that movement and imagine it must be such fun to do, but haven't managed ever really yet.

Also admire your getting up early plan. Spring is great time to do this, it practically calls you out there once you managed the first steps out of bed ;)

Following for inspiration.

Fun challenge!

Welcome to the Rebellion. Since you enjoy BW workouts and hula hooping,  next challenge when you are ready to level up and choose a guild, the assassins may be a group you would enjoy. I am an ambassador for the assassins. Which means, we spy out for potential recruits to our guild, and will come by and cheer you on and answer questions. Feel free to PM me if you have a question, or need some encouragement.

You can go check out some of the thread of assassins and see the kind of things we do. Here are some links you can check out to see what we are up to:

The Assassin Guild Info & Announcements

The Assassins' Den guild chat thread this our fun hang out and chat, post gifs, and ask questions place

The Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread

Fun challenge!

Welcome to the Rebellion. Since you enjoy BW workouts and hula hooping,  next challenge when you are ready to level up and choose a guild, the assassins may be a group you would enjoy. I am an ambassador for the assassins. Which means, we spy out for potential recruits to our guild, and will come by and cheer you on and answer questions. Feel free to PM me if you have a question, or need some encouragement.

You can go check out some of the thread of assassins and see the kind of things we do. Here are some links you can check out to see what we are up to:

The Assassin Guild Info & Announcements

The Assassins' Den guild chat thread this our fun hang out and chat, post gifs, and ask questions place

The Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread

Thanks Elastigirl, I will check it out

~ C

• Like 1

wow, you are heading a full program here, hey!

Love the Hula Hoop goal, always admire that movement and imagine it must be such fun to do, but haven't managed ever really yet.

Also admire your getting up early plan. Spring is great time to do this, it practically calls you out there once you managed the first steps out of bed ;)

Following for inspiration.

Thanks Lucky fire dragon.

Oh, I am very much a beginner at hooping and can barely do it at all. But I'm determined to try and make it...we'll see :)

I checked out your profile and I lovee to read as well. Am a BIG fan of Robin Sharma...big inspiration and love his idea of the 5AM Club. Pretty darn cool.

[[[ 6 Ways to Get Up at 5 am (The 5 am Club):

#1. Put your alarm clock away from your bed

#2. Get a better night's sleep (no computers or news before you sleep!)

#3. Jump out of bed and start running on the spot or skipping for 5 minutes (this works)

#4. Schedule getting up at 5 am onto your schedule (what gets scheduled gets done)

#5. Get really fit (you'll need less sleep and have SO much more energy)

#6. Set your Big 5 Goals (a mission and clear goals create a fire in your belly--which gives you a REASON to get out of bed).

Hope this helps you join The 5 am Club.

http://www.robinsharma.com/blog/06/be-wise-early-rise/]]]]

Seems so simple, yet so hard .... Woke up at 6AM today...slowly getting there :)

Thanks for the follow.

Cheers

~ C

• Like 1

Day1: Wednesday/15Apr2015 Update:

1. Zumba: Yes

2. Hooping for 10 mins: Yes

3. Wake up at 5AM: Nope (made it at 6am....0.5 for the effort :friendly_wink:

Total: 2.5/3

~~~~

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started" ~ Mark Twain

• Like 1

Mini 1:

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable? Yes

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on? Yes, all build to my main quest. I don't feel I'm taking on too much right now. Just one thing to focus on...get fit.

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them? Yes, they seem realistic.

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them? Use calendar and forum to keep track.

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€? Yes, simple point system grading. Reward: lose weight and fit into a new outfit.

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured? If I get ill, simply take a sick day and continue when better again.

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those? No modifications needed.

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another? No, I don't believe so.

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them? Yes, I do have the time.

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest? Some multiple habits that will help my main quest.

lol, yes so simple and yet not so easy at times!

Congrats on 6am, will cheer you on :D

Don't know how happy hubby and kids would be about the alarm at 5am (and then the time it'd take me to get to it) and then the 5 min running or rope skipping especially as that gets me to breathe real loud, haha

This image actually makes my day here! 

Seriously though, maybe I'll aim for 6am at least, you are totally inspiring me here, thank you

Keep hooping, I'll watch with keen eyes

200.gif

• Like 1

lol, yes so simple and yet not so easy at times!

Congrats on 6am, will cheer you on :D

Don't know how happy hubby and kids would be about the alarm at 5am (and then the time it'd take me to get to it) and then the 5 min running or rope skipping especially as that gets me to breathe real loud, haha

(That's true....can't image the fam will be too happy hmmm....perhaps a phone alarm on vibrate may help?)

This image actually makes my day here! 

Seriously though, maybe I'll aim for 6am at least, you are totally inspiring me here, thank you (Yay...glad to be of some inspiration)

Keep hooping, I'll watch with keen eyes (I'm totally killing it. I did x10 spins without dropping the hoop, which is some progress for me. I am so stoked about it...it's simply egging me on to do more :redface-new: )

P.S. If you have a minute can you please let me know how do I post images in my posts? ~~~~ many thanks in advance.

Cheers

~ C

• Like 1

Day2: Thursday/16Apr2015 Update:

1. BWW: Barely made it, but completed it ...yay

2. Hooping for 10 mins: YES!!!

3. Wake up at 5AM: Nope (made it at 6am....I'm going to be gradual...do 6am for one week, and then progress to 5am)

Total: 2/3

• Like 1

Yayyyy on the 10 spins!! That is so cool, and I love how much fun you are having with it!

I'll have you know I got up at 6.15 this morning  ^_^ And I did not run on the spot, but got the kids ready for school, got our lunch cooking in the slow cooker and then went for a long run, which I haven't done in ages and it was sooo beautiful. So thank you and woot!

Pictures you can upload into your own albums here in your gallery: klick on your user account at the top right of the site and then choose "My gallery" to create an album and upload into it. Then you can share them by clicking "My Media" among the options that show on top of the post you are writing, it's right next to the smiley face.

OR if you'd like to include just a random pic off the internet, you copy the URL Link of the pic you want to add and then click the little image icon among the options that show on top of the post you are writing, it's the one with the tree on and it will ask you to paste the URL of the pic in there. That's it.

If you'd like to embed a movie, say a youtube movie, click the special BBCode icon, right next to the format eraser and choose "media", then you can paste the code youtube gave you for embedding.

• Like 1

Yayyyy on the 10 spins!! That is so cool, and I love how much fun you are having with it! [indeed, I'm having a blast...it's so cool challenging myself to do more. Love it. I did about 50+ today and was so exciting. Of course, I'm all over the place and sure look a mess. But who cares, it's so much fun. Time to be a graceful hooper will come later ...LOL]

I'll have you know I got up at 6.15 this morning  ^_^ And I did not run on the spot, but got the kids ready for school, got our lunch cooking in the slow cooker and then went for a long run, which I haven't done in ages and it was sooo beautiful. So thank you and woot! [Way to go girl..... :victorious: :victorious: That's awesome. So happy for you. I find my day goes really well when I get up early and have a headstart on everything, rather than rush through everything...and then go to work.]

Pictures you can upload into your own albums here in your gallery: klick on your user account at the top right of the site and then choose "My gallery" to create an album and upload into it. Then you can share them by clicking "My Media" among the options that show on top of the post you are writing, it's right next to the smiley face.

OR if you'd like to include just a random pic off the internet, you copy the URL Link of the pic you want to add and then click the little image icon among the options that show on top of the post you are writing, it's the one with the tree on and it will ask you to paste the URL of the pic in there. That's it.

If you'd like to embed a movie, say a youtube movie, click the special BBCode icon, right next to the format eraser and choose "media", then you can paste the code youtube gave you for embedding. [Thank you kindly  :joyous:  You're the best, now I'm going to have to give it try]

• Like 1

Day3: Friday/17Apr2015 Update:

1. Yoga: 30 minutes

2. Hooping for 15 mins: YES!!!

3. Wake up at 6AM (for this week): Yes!!

Total: 3/3 = Awesome day!

~~~~

"If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way" ~ Napoleon Hill

• Like 1

Hello ~

I've been battling a stomach bug the past few days, and it's been tough! Funny enough though, I've kept up with the hooping and getting up early. Just couldn't get down to exercising :rolleyes-new: . Felt drained and listless to do anything.

Day4: Saturday/18Apr2015 Update:

1. Exercise: No :(

Day5: Sunday/19Apr2015 Update:

Day6: Monday/20Apr2015 Update:

2. Hooping for 15 mins: Just 5 mins!

Total: 1/3

Day7: Monday/20Apr2015 Update:

2. Hooping for 15 mins: Just 5 mins!

Now, am back on track...and rearing to go...yay :)

~ C

• Like 1

I'm kind of jealous of the hula hooping! That sounds like fun. I might have to keep that in mind for a future challenge. :)

Good Luck on exercise this week.  You can do it!

• Like 1

I'm kind of jealous of the hula hooping! That sounds like fun. I might have to keep that in mind for a future challenge. :)

Good Luck on exercise this week.  You can do it!

Thank you. I didn't think I'd love hooping that much. It's funny when you love to do something, you do more of it :)

Cheers

~ C

No good to exercise while you're ill, so rather get yourself well again first. And how cool that you can still hoop!!

And all the early mornings, you are rocking them :)

Thank you for cheering me on... :)

Hope all is great with you.

Cheers,

~ C

Day8: Tuesday/21Apr2015 Update:

2. Hooping for 15 mins: 10 mins

Day9: Wednesday/22Apr2015 Update:

2. Hooping for 15 mins: Yes

3. Wake up at 530AM (for this week): no

Day10: Thursday/23Apr2015 Update:

3. Wake up at 530AM (for this week): Yes!!

Day11: Friday/24Apr2015 Update:

1. Exercise: Yoga

3. Wake up at 530AM (for this week): Yes!!

Total: 3/3

Finally, getting back on track...feeling a bit better, but the past week I had so many friends/guests stop by that I simply could not make time to exercise.... feeling low :( And because I had so many folks come visit, I've eaten absolute junk food. It really makes me feel sluggish and rotten...and I don't feel like doing anything, just curl up and read. Hopefully, I can shake this off. The weekend is forecasted to be sunny, so looking forward to a run on the beach.

Happy weekend to everyone.

~ C

Great job on Saturday! I definitely know the sluggish feeling after letting yourself go a bit with guests and friends. Seems like you are getting back on track! Sometimes you gotta just indulge and then get back to it the next day! :D Have a great week!

:bee:

• Like 1