The Practice Room 2015 - 3

Music Makers!

Wecome to the Practice Room!

This group is open to any and all musicians looking to dedicate time to our Perform skill.

tuttiback.jpg

Any looking to join, first please make a post about yourself and what you do for music. 

What do you play?  What part do you sing?  Anything fun we should know?

Then, follow the thread. 

Last time we had some music-related mini-challenges beginning week 2.  I think we're going to keep that going!

WELCOME!!

Dantilla

Level 3? Bard/Assasssin,

Needs to update her skills

STR 5 | STA 2 | DEX 1 | CON 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 6

Trained Skills:

Perform:  1

Climb:  2

Current Challenge

So Hello!

I'm sorry it took me a few days to get this up--I've been a little swamped in my personal life.

For those who don't know me, I'm Dantilla and I'm a professional singer and voice teacher.  This year my goal is to quit my day job as an Executive Assistant and make music my full-time gig!

To that end, I need to prepare some audition repertoire and make some recordings to send to people.  I have a list of about 20 professional choirs that I'm interested in, and would love to be singing with at least one by next year.

I have five songs I'm working on now, and hope to get them to performance/audition/recording level by the end of the challenge.

Help me stay on track!

Dantilla

Level 3? Bard/Assasssin,

Trained Skills:

Current Challenge

I'm Evermist, high school senior, and preparing for the ABRSM Grade 8 piano exam! I've been playing the piano for as long as I can remember, and I've dabbled in a few other instruments - the ukulele is my personal favourite, but I've also had experience playing the trumpet, the guitar, and the violin (for all of one hour).

My goal for this challenge is to get in practice at least five times a week, including at least one session with my music tutor! I'll be working on that :D

Hi, I'm Matt.  I have been playing bass guitar off an on for about 25 years, never anything even semi-pro though.  I haven't been able to play the last 2 or 3 years due to back problems, but it's time to do something about that.  I love all kinds of music (good music is good music) but my favorites are hard rock, heavy metal, and R&B.  I really love old Motown and Stax stuff.  The Duck Dunn and James Jamerson bass lines get things shaking. 

Matt P

New Adventurer

Challenge

Visit The Practice Room

I wish I had given myself a music related quest this challenge!  Maybe next time I can join you guys -- I'm trying to work up a repertoire on the tin whistle ... 

:: wanderbound ::

Level 2 Gryffindor half-elf assassin & rider in The Wild Hunt

STR: 4 |  DEX: 2  |  STA: 2  |  CON: 0  |  WIS: 4  |  CHA: 1 

..... current (2nd) challenge! ..... epic quest! .....

“When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.†― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Alright everyone - Here's this week's mini-challenge!

WEEK 3 - NEW REPERTOIRE

Pick three new songs to work on - actual songs, not just exercises or drills.  They don't have to be long, but make them something you really like, and will want to work on.  Something that gets you excited to practice!

Also, new posters - don't forget to follow the thread!

Dantilla

Level 3? Bard/Assasssin,

Trained Skills:

Current Challenge

Mini challenge -

I am going to work on

Nocturne (Samuel Barber)

Desire for Hermitage (also Barber)

and Vergnügte Ruh (JS Bach)

I'm a little more excited by the Barber than the Bach, but it's still a good song.

Dantilla

Level 3? Bard/Assasssin,

Trained Skills:

Current Challenge