K-Prime gets up and dusts herself off...

K-Prime

Bummer about week 3, but yeah, right up back on that horse, that's the important thing! :D Grats on the running in week 4! That's pretty sweet!!

I feel ya on the protein thing; I have the same problem. Good thing chicken is tasty!

And would you believe it, I mentioned the Grind to my mother and she was just not on board! lol... no one's on board to go with me, not even the fiance if we get up to Vancouver in a future year! *le sigh*

• Like 1

Level 5 Human Assassin

Current Challenge: x

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

- from "Hawkguy", Adam WarRock

Bummer about week 3, but yeah, right up back on that horse, that's the important thing! :D Grats on the running in week 4! That's pretty sweet!!

I feel ya on the protein thing; I have the same problem. Good thing chicken is tasty!

And would you believe it, I mentioned the Grind to my mother and she was just not on board! lol... no one's on board to go with me, not even the fiance if we get up to Vancouver in a future year! *le sigh*

Haha I can't say that surprises me. When I mention it to most people I get a firm "No way!" and "the Grind is AWFUL. You mean you do it for fun?" It takes a certain type of person. :P

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Hero (in training) 
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Current Challenge

1st Challenge

Twitter | Instagram

I finished out last week fairly well. I only went to yoga twice, but I killed it at the gym all week. I've also revamped my weight training a bit and really dig the new exercises I've thrown in. 

On Friday I hit the gym early and did my upper body routine, then threw my basset hound in the car and went to North Vancouver to do a 5k hike. He's really gone from crazy energetic puppy to surprisingly energetic young gentleman to starting to slow down as he creeps up in years (he's 4 now), but I bet I can get another year of hikes out of him. He really enjoys it and I love taking him with me. And he gets ridiculous amounts of attention on all trails.

On Saturday, I strapped on my backpack and literally ran to the farmer's market. 5k round trip, which I'm pretty proud of. I've started to really miss good sausage in the months since I stopped eating pork, and there was a new vendor set up that sells chicken and turkey sausage. We tried out the turkey sausage in red sauce and zoodles, quite tasty. Great for those pasta cravings.

I had a session scheduled with my trainer yesterday morning, but she was  on the phone when I got to the gym, and it quickly became obvious that she was on the phone with 911 and one of the guys in the gym had injured himself. I'm still not clear how it happened, but he was doing barbell squats and injured his back pretty badly. It took some doping up just to get him moved on to the stretcher. It was a great reminder for me to be satisfied with my training theory of "small gains are safe gains". 

So instead I did 30 minutes of skipping, chin-ups, and decline push ups. The weight room was pretty blocked off with all the personnel in there with the injured person, so  I figure what I did was better than nothing.

Today was back with my trainer, and working on my handstand progression. We also busted out the rope for climbing, and I made it to the ceiling twice! My shoulders might be a bit sore tomorrow but it was totally worth it.

Summer has definitely hit here, so  I'm going to try to get in another hike and another trip up the Grind in the next couple of days. When it's 24 degrees and sunny it's almost impossible to stay inside.

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Hero (in training) 
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke

Current Challenge

1st Challenge

Twitter | Instagram

Hey hey hey! I kind of disappeared for a while and did not cheer you on in posts like I wanted to. So, to maybe make up for it, here's a picture of this AWESOME Batgirl cosplayer at the Denver Comic Con (where I was on Saturday):

tumblr_novaktZGo11rkfxjzo1_400.jpg

How did the rest of your challenge end up?

Level 5 Human Assassin

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

Did life swallow you again?  :frown-new:  :(

Level 5 Human Assassin