Started our Accountabililbuddies group because we have our requisite 3 Adventurers and 3 Scouts! :D

The following points will be things we need to discuss. Any other points are welcome. I will put a tally of how many of our group have replied next to each point.

1. Group name! 1/6
  2. Group Focus 0/6
  3. Group goals: do we want them? 0/6
  4. Tracking: How do we track our goals and keep each other accountable? 0/6
  5. Time management aspect of group 0/6
  6. Amount of detail shared / length of posts 0/6
  7. Regularity of checking in for progress 0/6
  8. Anything else 0/6

Check in by posting and I'll cross you're name off the following list to say you've arrived and joined!

Terinatum (S) Breadstrings (A) jkiley (A) theholliesangel(A) Risasukka (S) Ithil (S)

• Like 1

Hello accountability group!! I've never been in one of these before.  

• Like 2

Adventurer  Level 5    Stats:  STA(10)   CON(20)   WIS(11)  STR(6)  DEX(6)  CHR(1)

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/66781-theholliesangel-wants-to-take-over-the-world/

MyFitnessPal: holliesangel

PVP Challenge:

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened. -Douglas Adams

Be kind to dragons, for thou art crunchy when toasted and taste good with ketchup. -Sherrilyn Kenyon

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. - Douglas Adams

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair. -Douglas Adams

Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. -G.K. Chesterton

Breadstrings...you can edit the title by clicking on edit and then advanced edit...at least you could previously ( I have made a few errors in the past :D )

• Like 1

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

Terinatum (S) Breadstrings (A) jkiley (A) theholliesangel(A) Risasukka (S) Ithil (S)

I just noticed that I messed up.. The last two are my two internet personas, I clearly put myself on the list as Risasukka and somebody (or even myself..) added me later as Ithil. So to sum up I am Ithil, I am recovering from a burn out and PTSD so I'm bit of a mess so I'm sorry for messing up with such a simple thing as a spreadie.:D

• Like 1

LV 2 Elf Scout

STR: 3 | DEX: 1 | STA: 7 | CON: 8 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

Challenges: 1, 2

Running/biking 30-60 min: 0/12

0%
0%

Yoga or flexibility practice: 0/15

0%
0%

Physiotherapy sessions: 6/96

6%
6%

1 h reading: 3/42

7%
7%

@Ithil/Risasukka -- I think I did that. Sorry. Didn't realize.

So.

My thoughts:

Group name!     hum.. Time Travelers

Group Focus: motivation and what's working/not feedback
Group goals: I would like to be able to take a goal, get feedback, change as needed, and Stick to It for the whole challenge!
Tracking: How do we track our goals and keep each other accountable? Maybe one of the two posts each week is a self report? And we could try a buddy system within the group -- so if my buddy hasn't posted, I would PM them and ask if things are alright and ask if they are able and willing to post?
Time management aspect of group: I think I will leave this to others as I'm very new to time management so I know little of what to do or how to implement strategies. 
Amount of detail shared / length of posts: I like using the spoiler box for possible tmi stuff. And if you want to write something long and/or in depth more for it being put down somewhere besides in your head, you can simply put a note at the top of the post stating what feedback if any you are looking for.
Regularity of checking in for progress: I think twice a week would work for me
Anything else: IDK
  • Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Glad we all made it here. We are just waiting on Jkiley to join us. :) Thanks Terinatum for kicking off our discussion. @Ithil, how would you like us to call you?

Here are my opinions on our discussion topics:

1. Group name: I like Time Travellers! Others ideas could be Time Quest, Time Bites, Time Tasters...
  2. Group Focus: support and advice
  3. Group goals: A collective grade based on how well we achieve our 6wk challenge. For example, our group could get a grade A if we all complete 90% of our challenge. Or something like that. The idea is that it gives the group as a whole something to work towards and promotes encouragement.
  4. Tracking: Follow each other's challenge threads, give weekly updates in this thread. Alternatively, I like the idea of a group spreadsheet which we can update. It would give a nice summary of our group and our group goals. 
  5. Time management aspect of group: Share our time management goals, give advice on alternative ways to tackle it. This really depends on our time management goals.
  6. Amount of detail shared / length of posts - spoilers for long posts or posts that may contain  possible TMI. I like Terinatum's suggestion of putting requested advice/feedback at top of long posts. We could even do that for any post regardless of length if we're looking for something in particular. 
  7. Regularity of checking in for progress: Weekly as a minimum. Say every Friday (in your time zone) and you can post any other day you want as well. 
  8. Anything else: I think I've covered it all. ;)
  • Like 1

Hey-o, jkiley checking in.... I like the name "Time Travelers"!

I think you two are pretty spot on with the check list.

Maybe everyone should do a post with what they are hoping to get out of the group to help figure out the goals?

Glad to be a member!

• Like 2

JKiley
Character Sheet

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Current (
May 8 - Jun 4)

Master Quest: Weigh < 200lbs

Start: 242.2lbs | Current = 225.6lbs | Progress16.6 of 42.2lbs

Walk to Mordor

759.95 of 1779 Miles

1. Group name: I like Time Travellers

Group Focus: Motivation, feedback regarding is there a thing that could be done better/differently and also a general place to tell about goals since sometimes accountability does the trick when you aren't just working alone.

Group goals: I like both ideas presented before, it makes sense that we work in a way towards the whole 6 week goals we set but on the other hand setting a new goal x which can be changed might work as well for the purposes of this group. It depends on how we like to roll, keeping things simple in a way is a better way to roll so maybe not at least new huge things to accomplish on the side since it can make things more messier than useful in the end.

Tracking: At least post a week regarding how are we doing with our goals would be good, on the other hand there would be probably overall two posts unless in the same post there's questions and feedback for other people as well (which might get bit long). Keeping general track of other people's threads or PM:ing somebody if time just flies by without any response would be useful. Breadstrings also had an idea about a spreadsheet which might be needed if we go with small additional goals+working towards a big goal since it would be easy to get all the info about who worked on towards what if there's many goals to remember per person.

Time management aspect of group: Well, I simply am starting at point zero in a sense that a burn out tells that there's many things that don't work so it depends were other people are with their time management abilities and general life situation regarding how much time there's to use for exercise for example. Maybe individual goals would be the most helpful to go with it and getting feedback for those?

Amount of detail shared / length of posts: Spoiler warning is a good idea if there's TMI stuff, for long posts it also might be helpful to know if there's a lot of things somebody want to get comments for or if the person writing the post needed to write it out in order to arrange things in their head.

Regularity of checking in for progress: My situation is quite variable right now since on some days I do better with the recovery from burn out and on some others I crash, I've though been popping in at least every other day and reading the e-mails regarding the threads I follow when I have time so 1-2 per week would work for me. I though have bit fuzzy brain right now so I could be able to remember if there's a day of the week we decide the weekly post has to be made by, it again though depends how your life looks like right now since there's no need to complicate things if there's lot of other stuff to juggle with. Friday would work for me as well if it works for others.

Anything else: Oh, I am totally fine with Ithil here, it's the simplest way to roll with my screen name and all.:D

• Like 2

LV 2 Elf Scout

0%
0%

0%
0%

6%
6%

7%
7%

So, how are we coming along?

ME? 

Heading into Week 2, I want to get feedback on things I can do to get more done in my day via the 2 hour block system. I know I cannot, at this time, utilize all my blocks everyday as I get exhausted (I'm on disability for PTSD and chronic back/neck pain), but if I track these blocks and get other ideas, I can modify things to make living my day-to-day with more purpose and fun. When I list my activities here, I will detail them as new, my recent usual, old habit, or unknown. When I say 'gig work' it refers to my In Home Pet Sitting Business. You may also read, dog house and cat house occasionally.

** I WILL:: track my time blocks and post them here by the evening of Thursday the 23rd.

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Later On

I want to get feedback on things I can do to get more done in my day via the 2 hour block system. 

I see your 2hr-blocks have themes based on a particular activity that you perform for the entire 2hr set. Do you get breaks in between these 2-hr blocks? Or are they mixed in with the 2-hrs? 

I find it very hard to remain concentrated 100% for 1hr, let alone 2 (or 3 hrs, which is the length of my exams!!!). It's very draining for me and hence I tend to...drift off, procrastinate, look for food...etc.

In terms of doing more in each 2-hr block, perhaps you could sub-divide them? Like in high-school, teachers would divide the teaching time allocated to their subject into different tasks.

Alternatively, you could set goals of how much you want to complete during those 2-Hrs and challenge yourself to meet those goals.

As you said in your thread, it's very hard to utilise all 2-Hr blocks to do something purposeful, and 2-Hrs is a very long time. I'd say incorporate some scheduled breaks in, might help you achieve more during the "work" parts of your 2-Hrs.

• Like 2

Taking Teri's lead, my update time! :D

I'm Yo-Yo-ing all over the place with my attempt to switch to a paleo diet. My biggest eye-opener this week thus far was how many calories desiccated coconut contained. No wonder I was struggling to lose weight when I incorporated that in my diet.

Sweets cravings are awful, and despite my attempts at abating them with water, extremely sweet fruits and distraction, I still ran for that chocolate on a completely full (to exploding) stomach because my brain craved it so badly.

Diet is a huge struggle for me, in short. Any tips to overcome massive, irresistible cravings?

Time management: Tips on working with the pomodoro technique when everyone around you INSISTS on interrupting you every 5 mins despite telling them when I'm available? (due to length of post, venting about struggles with time management in spoiler)

Time management is another problem. I've so much study to do in so little time, which I have to juggle with compulsory work experience for my degree as well. I always underestimate how much time it takes for me to read a chapter and understand what I'm reading. The problem is, if I'm realistic about how long it takes, it makes me extremely depressed because it means there's no way I can finish all the bare basic topics I need in order to skim a pass on my mid-year exams.

At the moment, I'm working on a strict Pomodoro system with goals for each 25-min block. 5 min breaks I use for snacks, toilet breaks, drinking water, minor chores and then it's back to study. I LIVE for those 25 min breaks after every 2hrs. My brain is fried by then, and for that break, I lay on the floor in a puddle because my brain hurts so much.

I've had many people try to help me with time management for my upcoming exams. My parents, my lecturers, even the head of school...At this point, I'm thinking I have some sort of undiagnosed ADHD or something. Lol. It's impossible for me to concentrate for more than 1Hr, but I know I'm too old for such a diagnosis, and I don't want that label anyway because it would adversely affect my career. It would just be an excuse anyway.

Aside from that, I'm doing quite well in my challenge. My veggie intake has increased significantly and I'm definitely learning there are some veggies I actually like. I'm also learning a lot about how much will power I actually have when it comes to temptations. There are certain things I can say no to, very easily (e.g. donuts, coke) and some where I have to run in the opposite direction just to stop myself from scoffing all of it in sight (e.g. chocolate, chips, ice cream).

Heading into Week 2, I want to get feedback on things I can do to get more done in my day via the 2 hour block system. I know I cannot, at this time, utilize all my blocks everyday as I get exhausted (I'm on disability for PTSD and chronic back/neck pain), but if I track these blocks and get other ideas, I can modify things to make living my day-to-day with more purpose and fun.

It's interesting to know how you do since apart from me being in the PTSD boat as well I just got the decision that I'll get middle-level disability benefit (but not actually on disability, just a benefit to cover health care costs) thanks to chronic pain. Do you use pomodoro? It has helped my body a lot since my mind gets fuzzy in brain and the 5-minute breaks (or just going by the local uni system meaning 1,5 hours of job and 30 minute break) helps me to accomplish more.

You have a solid plan in terms of tracking things!

LV 2 Elf Scout

0%
0%

0%
0%

6%
6%

7%
7%

Diet is a huge struggle for me, in short. Any tips to overcome massive, irresistible cravings?

Depends on what you crave, for me it was today chocolate and I went with a dried fruit mix I found from the drawers. My fiance asked afterward if I want the chocolate I asked him if we had but since the fruits were so sweet I wasn't able to eat many of them and they took care of the craving.

Time management: Tips on working with the pomodoro technique when everyone around you INSISTS on interrupting you every 5 mins despite telling them when I'm available?

At the moment, I'm working on a strict Pomodoro system with goals for each 25-min block. 5 min breaks I use for snacks, toilet breaks, drinking water, minor chores and then it's back to study. I LIVE for those 25 min breaks after every 2hrs. My brain is fried by then, and for that break, I lay on the floor in a puddle because my brain hurts so much.

I've had many people try to help me with time management for my upcoming exams. My parents, my lecturers, even the head of school...At this point, I'm thinking I have some sort of undiagnosed ADHD or something. Lol. It's impossible for me to concentrate for more than 1Hr, but I know I'm too old for such a diagnosis, and I don't want that label anyway because it would adversely affect my career. It would just be an excuse anyway.

I have done pomodoro but currently do 1,5 hours of work + 30 minutes of break (1,5 hours includes things like getting a glass of water etc). For me the five minutes wasn't enough and it might not be for you either, since you find that your brain is totally fried. You might need a longer break before that. How about finding a pomodoro timer you can set the break times to one that allows you to work efficiently but not to drain yourself in the process? It might require testing but it sounds like you could be more efficient and not to crash so hard during those longer breaks. Don't take the fact that you can't concentrate more than an hour as a sign of ADHD unless there's other things, it's completely normal since an hour is a long time to keep your mind 100 % in the thing you're doing. I do it and I think everybody else does as well, it's impossible to do that why a pomodoro-type method allows most people to be efficient.

Aside from that, I'm doing quite well in my challenge. My veggie intake has increased significantly and I'm definitely learning there are some veggies I actually like. I'm also learning a lot about how much will power I actually have when it comes to temptations. There are certain things I can say no to, very easily (e.g. donuts, coke) and some where I have to run in the opposite direction just to stop myself from scoffing all of it in sight (e.g. chocolate, chips, ice cream).

Well done with our diet! I am in the camp where saying a total no leads to bad things since then it's the only thing I can think about, once a week we have a day where we can have ice cream or see a movie with sweets or chips etc. On some weeks it doesn't happen as we just don't feel like sugar or salt.

• Like 1

LV 2 Elf Scout

0%
0%

0%
0%

6%
6%

7%
7%

I set my time management goal to be logging how I use my time (roughly by 2 h to 30 min blocks). Right now my life is not in any way predictable, panic attacks limit my capabilities a lot changing my original plans so keeping track of my time as well as panic attacks will help me see if there's an actual pattern when it comes to time management. If for example there's lots of attacks after 4 hour-long work slot then it needs so be divided next week to smaller chunks and see if it helps. So I hope to be able to track my time usage, notice patterns and improve based by those things. I will most likely post my findings next weekend for most of the week.

• Like 2

LV 2 Elf Scout

0%
0%

0%
0%

6%
6%

7%
7%

Thanks.

It certainly seems like that's what I'm headed for, pomodoro that is.

Right now however, my activities within each block are not 'scheduled' to last a specific time. So there's no time requirements, just a general path which I can follow. I like the idea of breaks though, possibly even scheduled ones within the block itself. It could help me with 'getting back on track' doing what I was doing before.

I also like the set goals within a block. Especially when it comes to doing my books for my business! I tend to get started on something and then I'm drifting off, 'researching' something still business oriented, but not the numbers I was doing. It is definitely about my brain getting fuzzy and my anxiety getting activated with certain subjects: work and money and food and cooking and ... okay, wait, stop. No ganging up on myself either!

Wishing everyone and myself luck for the week to come. 

I see your 2hr-blocks have themes based on a particular activity that you perform for the entire 2hr set. Do you get breaks in between these 2-hr blocks? Or are they mixed in with the 2-hrs? 

I find it very hard to remain concentrated 100% for 1hr, let alone 2 (or 3 hrs, which is the length of my exams!!!). It's very draining for me and hence I tend to...drift off, procrastinate, look for food...etc.

In terms of doing more in each 2-hr block, perhaps you could sub-divide them? Like in high-school, teachers would divide the teaching time allocated to their subject into different tasks.

Alternatively, you could set goals of how much you want to complete during those 2-Hrs and challenge yourself to meet those goals.

As you said in your thread, it's very hard to utilise all 2-Hr blocks to do something purposeful, and 2-Hrs is a very long time. I'd say incorporate some scheduled breaks in, might help you achieve more during the "work" parts of your 2-Hrs.

It's interesting to know how you do since apart from me being in the PTSD boat as well I just got the decision that I'll get middle-level disability benefit (but not actually on disability, just a benefit to cover health care costs) thanks to chronic pain. Do you use pomodoro? It has helped my body a lot since my mind gets fuzzy in brain and the 5-minute breaks (or just going by the local uni system meaning 1,5 hours of job and 30 minute break) helps me to accomplish more.

You have a solid plan in terms of tracking things!

The Way

Better Now than Later On

I've decided to track my time using an iPhone app to track how long I spend on placements, study, daily hygeine, travel and leisure (this includes NF, HabitRPG, emails, etc) to see what's sucking time away from study. I'm going to do this for the next 7 days starting tomorrow (my Friday), so next Friday I'll post the results and see what time I can reduce in order to get the most out of my day to study for exams.

• Like 1

What app? That sounds really interesting.  I've taken to keeping ongoing lists of things that need to get done, people I need to talk to, and what I need to bring for work when.  My day is fairly consistent and structured (Thank you OCD) meaning that I do roughly the same thing at roughly the same time everyday.  I do have some free/extra time built in to get other or unusual things accomplished. At this point, I mostly work in the mornings before work because I don't care what you do, nobody wants to come home from work and still have more work to do.  I usually schedule myself one to two days off my walking according to my weekly schedule.  This week it'll be Thursday (job interview) and Saturday (Marble City Comic Con).  I get up about 6:30 am every morning although this has one downside.  I forget that not everyone keeps my hours so I don't remember when anywhere opens in the mornings.  I'm presently trying to find more time to study and read before bed (between 10 and 11 pm).  

Adventurer  Level 5    Stats:  STA(10)   CON(20)   WIS(11)  STR(6)  DEX(6)  CHR(1)

Current Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/66781-theholliesangel-wants-to-take-over-the-world/

PVP Challenge:

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened. -Douglas Adams

Be kind to dragons, for thou art crunchy when toasted and taste good with ketchup. -Sherrilyn Kenyon

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair. -Douglas Adams

Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten. -G.K. Chesterton

You guys should look into trello.com It's great for keeping track of your goals and tasks you wish to complete.

I have a board setup with cards for each day of the week.

From there I try to add everything from go to the bank, to excercising.

Sometimes I need to be a little better on following up with it, but it feels great to click things off my check list.

• Like 3

JKiley
Character Sheet

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Current (
May 8 - Jun 4)

Master Quest: Weigh < 200lbs

Start: 242.2lbs | Current = 225.6lbs | Progress16.6 of 42.2lbs

Walk to Mordor

759.95 of 1779 Miles

I set my time management goal to be logging how I use my time (roughly by 2 h to 30 min blocks). Right now my life is not in any way predictable, panic attacks limit my capabilities a lot changing my original plans so keeping track of my time as well as panic attacks will help me see if there's an actual pattern when it comes to time management. If for example there's lots of attacks after 4 hour-long work slot then it needs so be divided next week to smaller chunks and see if it helps. So I hope to be able to track my time usage, notice patterns and improve based by those things. I will most likely post my findings next weekend for most of the week.

Up to this point I've been a huge, huge failure. I blame my life situation: I've had panic attacks and been unable to track anything/been asleep thanks to panic attack meds so I have zero data so far and I can't remember anything but panic attacks either (except today six hours of studying, yay). Today I've been functional most of the time but it has taken me so much energy to actually do so that no tracking has happened. It's awful when your mind conspires against yourself as then pushing forward just leads to a bigger disaster.

I'll try to get to tracking now that I think I'm out of the rough patch (probably caused by the fact that I got to my dream study program but have to postpone it with a year thanks to this burn out, it really sucks to accomplish something you've been trying for past couple of years but can't really use). Things might still backfire since I have two exams early next week but hopefully I am now in a better place emotionally.

Now I have paper and my favorite pen by the place I hang in most of the time, that way I can start the time I wake up and eat breakfast tomorrow. Hopefully you all are doing bit better!

LV 2 Elf Scout

0%
0%

0%
0%

6%
6%

7%
7%

You guys should look into trello.com It's great for keeping track of your goals and tasks you wish to complete.

Thanks for the tip! It might be a good way to track of goals and tasks since on some days calendar can get bit crowded of stuff I'd need to do but doesn't have a specific timing and if just written on some corner on that date I forget to read the actual thing when it needs to happen.

LV 2 Elf Scout

0%
0%

0%
0%

6%
6%

7%
7%

Up to this point I've been a huge, huge failure. I blame my life situation: I've had panic attacks and been unable to track anything/been asleep thanks to panic attack meds so I have zero data so far and I can't remember anything but panic attacks either (except today six hours of studying, yay). Today I've been functional most of the time but it has taken me so much energy to actually do so that no tracking has happened. It's awful when your mind conspires against yourself as then pushing forward just leads to a bigger disaster.

I'll try to get to tracking now that I think I'm out of the rough patch (probably caused by the fact that I got to my dream study program but have to postpone it with a year thanks to this burn out, it really sucks to accomplish something you've been trying for past couple of years but can't really use). Things might still backfire since I have two exams early next week but hopefully I am now in a better place emotionally.

Now I have paper and my favorite pen by the place I hang in most of the time, that way I can start the time I wake up and eat breakfast tomorrow. Hopefully you all are doing bit better!

With all my love and affection please hear this:

YOU are NOT a failure.

Alright? You're not. A big hug goes with this statement.

*stands up on soapbox, about to preach to all those reading*

You and I know the misfiring and heightened anxiety your brain is stuck in right now is due to something outside yourself. Your brain is having a hard time putting this traumatic event in a safe place. So it is keeping the event alive, because.it needs to solve the problem. Difficulties keep coming up, because the brain doesn't know enough tricks to get it done. It needs help.Meds and therapy help shape new ways for the brain to come to terms with the event and thereby give the brain a way to assign the event a place in memory that doesn't fire off the fight or flight chemicals.

We're not going around wondering how many panic attacks we can get in one day. But, I know it's hard to feel this isn't true, even though we know it isn't. Our upbringing as humans often comes with the assumption that we are our brains. So unlike a cancer cell that attacks your brain, people get that and understand how horrifying it is to live with, we are stuck with something less tangible with little evidence to 'prove' it is also a debilitating attack. Folks cannot usually wrap their heads around that enough to change their own social upbringing. People are taught to just pull themselves up by their bootstrap: to think happy thoughts and you'll be happy. So we find ourselves dealing with the unrealistic 'shame' of not being able to just pull ourselves together and move on.

So if you're not a failure for having brain cancer or epilepsy, how can you be at fault for PTSD? You 're not.

*hops down from soapbox*

Hey. I'm sorry things have been so tough. You truly seem to be working hard at getting better and that is awesome. I'm wondering if it's not too triggering, can you write down what you remember about the attacks? Like what were you doing just before it and what made you come down from it. Mine was usually a hug crying fit, since I never cried at other times. If you can get an idea of the time frame of the attack, you will have some idea how much time you weren't in panic. Although remembering what you were doing is difficult, you can track the tie you weren't in panic mode. You will still be able to see trends without demanding details from your exhausted mind. A thought.

Oh, and big kudos for posting here, knowing you had a hard time getting tracking done. That's a huge indicator that you have some strong mind control going on that maybe you didn't have awhile back. Everyone's PTSD is different, but I think being able to share your difficulties because of PTSD is a great step in a good direction. YAY!

Okay, enough preaching and all that. Just know, I am holding you close in my heart.

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Time management is another problem. I always underestimate how much time it takes for me to read a chapter and understand what I'm reading. 

ADHD: Have you tried any of the techniques that folks with ADHD have? If you can utilize the different ways they learn, you could possibly find some answers for yourself. Dunno.

People have likely said this already, but I personally do best when I actually write down or draw what it is I'm trying to memorize. I memorized my part in a play that way. I wrote down my lines. And then later during rehearsals I wrote down all the lines in every scene I was in. It worked really well. I guess the question is, what way do you memorize best? Not learn, but memorize.

I get up about 6:30 am every morning although this has one downside.  I forget that not everyone keeps my hours so I don't remember when anywhere opens in the mornings.

How about making a list of the places you like to go and the times they are open! I do that with the pool hours at my gym. I have it taped to my door.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

How about making a list of the places you like to go and the times they are open! I do that with the pool hours at my gym. I have it taped to my door.

That's not a bad idea.  I tend to try to wait until at least 8 am because that's what I assume to be the safe point but not everywhere follows that rule of thumb.  

PVP Challenge: