I love the ideas I'm getting about time and rests. I'm still in percolating mode, but I am also noticing when I go into any non-reality as an escape or as a enjoyable rest. I think noticing that and making a conscious effort to name what I'm actually doing is a good start.

I don't think I need more activities, just more than once a week posting for me so I don't gloss over or forget what I've been doing as tracking this in print is not really happening.

I think we've been great with being open and intimate enough that I'm getting good support and advise on what really matters to me right now.

Yes, definitely easier with this group.

I want to attempt to schedule my guitar practice and my PT/mobility for every day. Guitar practice is pretty much there except I often wait until it's 9 pm and quiet hours kicks in. So earlier for that. And need PT and mobility in my life, for life, so I want to focus on getting the routine of self care going strong.

FYI - I'm buying a used electric guitar! Whoop! Then I'll have 2 guitars like a real professional! haha

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

I think noticing that and making a conscious effort to name what I'm actually doing is a good start.

I think I have to switch into doing this. I've tracked things until it got too stressful when it started to feel worse in terms of PTSD so now I've been feeling guilty about it. It's silly so I try to avoid it.

In terms of your questions I think for me it's working that I try to be mindful about what I do so like I said earlier this post to track things on mental level but not on paper. On paper it gets emotionally messy and stressful so removing the stressful part is best for me. Writing things down is also quite limiting in a sense that if I don't put it down on paper the second I switch the activity I forget it and if I want to switch into another thing I have too much time to figure out a dozen reasons why I don't want to read before writing my start time making it possible to have several different activities written by the same starting time before finally getting to the thing.

In general though this challenge has been useful for me since it feels better to be aware what I am doing at what point and how much I generally spend doing thing x rather than just doing the non-stressful stuff for hours as I don't want to move into doing the more stressful ones. In terms of hour group being honest about our situation and choosing realistic goals for example seem to be things that are working for us since accountability doesn't work if the other person doesn't know what reality looks like. This has helped also to know what strategies are helpful when it comes to time management and what are not for me personally.

How are everybody else doing?

• Like 1

LV 2 Elf Scout

STR: 3 | DEX: 1 | STA: 7 | CON: 8 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

Challenges: 1, 2

Running/biking 30-60 min: 0/12

0%
0%

Yoga or flexibility practice: 0/15

0%
0%

Physiotherapy sessions: 6/96

6%
6%

1 h reading: 3/42

7%
7%

Monday

Scout Avenger workout - sprints

Sent out 2 bills

Laundry sorting

Got electric guitar

Met new client

Cooking

Mobility

NF

Gifts for K

Tuesday

Therapy

Visit mom and dad

Stress eating!

Practice Guitars

PT

Mobility

Finances

Stress eating

Wednesday

Stress eating

Switched chairs

Laundry

Met client

Practice Guitars

Thursday

Morning walk! 4k steps

Cook breakfast

Shopping

Emotional work

K's birthday

Practiced Guitars

Stress eating

Friday

Morning walk/run 5k steps 1/4 mile + run

Good breakfast

Mobility

PT

Went to fix bike but they changed their hours

Started gig

Practiced 1 Guitar

Stress eating

Need more water

Saturday

5k step hike/run with dog

Chair to restore but they wouldn't take it

NF

Practiced Guitars

Gig work

Sunbathing!

Sunday

3 mile hike/run with dog

Finished gig

Cooked great lunch

Self care

Sugar day - 3 musketeers, twizzlers, and dove bar

PT

Mobility

Practiced Guitars

Thoughts and Questions

All week I ate at home. Some of it was crappy as I was dealing with high emotions, but I did 21 meals at home. WIN

Really tough emotional eating week. Getting better about sugar though (6 days without and 1 day with).

I feel a bit like a lump of clay with NF, not very into it the past few days. Wanting that to switch into a better gear.

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-hExSDpc2RjQTZfxsQrMcGTeRxTFfZs_nZrHzQBIV-c/edit?usp=docslist_api

Sorry for the long link. Doing this on my phone makes it tough. I'm doing a few things differently than usual here. A two week intermittent fast, scheduled time to run dnd at my local game shop for newbies, and actually scheduling shit.

I've noticed through some of the other posts about the mental illness here. That's a good thing for me lol. It helps alot in the way of feeling more normal and not so alone.

I'm spending the day today working on mental health actually. Working on my W.R.A.P and starting a three month celibacy challange =/

Wow, I love this! Good work on keeping track and sharing it with us.

Week 4 will be upon us soon.

What is working for you and your group?

Do you need different activities to keep things fresh?

Are there things you're no talking about that you are nervous about?

Is the challenge easier with your team with you?

What plans do you have for the rest of the challenge?

For me, it's posting when I feel weak. It's nice to know there's a team out there to help me out of my rutt and are always cheering in my corner. I find our group is very open and accepting, which makes me feel better about posting my hard days. Although, I tend to do that more in my 6wk challenge thread.

No, more activities would make me even more busy than I already am! It's hard enough to keep posting in our thread because I also have three other places I like to frequent in posting too.

Nothing I'm nervous about talking. Our group is awesome.

This challenge is much easier to stick to than my last challenge. Mainly because of the support I've been having, and the fact that I let go of my perfectionistic ways and accepted that 80% is good enough. Hence, I've not fallen completely off the wagon and my diet is 80% good. It means a much slower weight loss progress than my goal initially, but at least it's not tracking upwards back to 64Kg or even the peak of 65Kg.

The rest of the challenge is a struggle to keep with my diet changes. As the challenge progresses, I've noticed a slow creep in of all unhealthy foods. Chips, chocolates, cake, cookies...They're sneaking in as my willpower to resist them wanes. However, with the support from the NF community, I've managed to limit their intake and when I've binged (as I have done with chips and chocolate in this challenge), I don't suddenly throw my hands up and eat ALL unhealthy for the rest of the challenge. So I guess my goal for the rest of the challenge is to keep getting back in the wagon every single time I fall off. No waiting until the next challenge to make the change.

My time tracking fell to the wayside after 4 days, but I did determine that a lot of time was spent travelling and preparing for tasks that could be better spent on study. As such, I've downloaded a few podcasts that are relevant to my exams and have been listening to them during travelling and whilst prepping. It helps to utilise that dead space, and approach topics that I'd avoid like the plague. It's also an interesting way of reinforcing the stuff I've already read.

• Like 1

Wow, I love this! Good work on keeping track and sharing it with us.

For me, it's posting when I feel weak. It's nice to know there's a team out there to help me out of my rutt and are always cheering in my corner. I find our group is very open and accepting, which makes me feel better about posting my hard days. Although, I tend to do that more in my 6wk challenge thread.

No, more activities would make me even more busy than I already am! It's hard enough to keep posting in our thread because I also have three other places I like to frequent in posting too.

Nothing I'm nervous about talking. Our group is awesome.

This challenge is much easier to stick to than my last challenge. Mainly because of the support I've been having, and the fact that I let go of my perfectionistic ways and accepted that 80% is good enough. Hence, I've not fallen completely off the wagon and my diet is 80% good. It means a much slower weight loss progress than my goal initially, but at least it's not tracking upwards back to 64Kg or even the peak of 65Kg.

The rest of the challenge is a struggle to keep with my diet changes. As the challenge progresses, I've noticed a slow creep in of all unhealthy foods. Chips, chocolates, cake, cookies...They're sneaking in as my willpower to resist them wanes. However, with the support from the NF community, I've managed to limit their intake and when I've binged (as I have done with chips and chocolate in this challenge), I don't suddenly throw my hands up and eat ALL unhealthy for the rest of the challenge. So I guess my goal for the rest of the challenge is to keep getting back in the wagon every single time I fall off. No waiting until the next challenge to make the change.

My time tracking fell to the wayside after 4 days, but I did determine that a lot of time was spent travelling and preparing for tasks that could be better spent on study. As such, I've downloaded a few podcasts that are relevant to my exams and have been listening to them during travelling and whilst prepping. It helps to utilise that dead space, and approach topics that I'd avoid like the plague. It's also an interesting way of reinforcing the stuff I've already read.

Glad to hear you're not throwing in the towel after bingeing.

It's a tough habit/temporary stress reliever to let go of. To me, it feels safe to consume food as a way to stifle feeling pain. It's easier, by far, to feel shame at my lack of control over eating than it is to face the 'tougher' pains of being vulnerable and tender. Certain habits of routine I work on changing need time and dedicated redirecting, but I think stopping the binge habit requires a lot more self compassion and self forgiveness.

You seem to be well on your way to being gentle with yourself after a binge and are able to turn your activities away from further harming of yourself. This is an awesome achievement, not to be overlooked. You have so much bravery and self love that you have made it to this point in your emotional eating.

I think your study tactics are right on track. Cutting out the dead time and inserting indirect studying sounds like a great strategy. 

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Well I fell off that wagon for about a week and a half. My meds have been kinda messing with me while I adjust so I think that was part of my funk. I'm back in it now though. Had two eggs today, probably gonna just work on my diet again and cut out the fasting until I can get back on track. Good to see people are still here!

Well I fell off that wagon for about a week and a half. My meds have been kinda messing with me while I adjust so I think that was part of my funk. I'm back in it now though. Had two eggs today, probably gonna just work on my diet again and cut out the fasting until I can get back on track. Good to see people are still here!

I feel for ya. I went through the med change in January and it lasted a long time. It's hard to be patient, but it works itself in a balance. Glad you're feeling better.

Working on diet is always a good call. Good luck with the wagon this week. Drop us a note if ever you want. We're here for ya!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Sounds like a plan! Med changes *do* suck. They throw your whole body out of whack, which can be either good or bad depending on it's effect. Hopefully the med change was an improvement on the old med! Even if it came with the consequence of derailing your diet a little bit. If only changing our lifestyle habits were as easy as changing meds...

How are you doing now? Did the med changes top messing your body or are you fine?

LV 2 Elf Scout

0%
0%

0%
0%

6%
6%

7%
7%
This challenge is much easier to stick to than my last challenge. Mainly because of the support I've been having, and the fact that I let go of my perfectionistic ways and accepted that 80% is good enough.

It's good that you are letting go of perfectionism, it usually doesn't lead to good when overdone. Ask me how I know.. Any progress towards the right way is great work.

I will probably in the next challenge decide to cut down sugary foods, now after the burn out I've noticed a totally new-to-me need to eat them. I don't know if I am eating in an attempt to make myself happier or what but I don't like eating unhealthy food so that will be one of my goals. It's good that you have hopped back on the wagon after letting go since that's the way you build good healthy habits rather than giving up if you slip one time.

Time tracking well on the wayside also for me, it takes surprisingly much time and energy and seemed also to take the fun out of things when I had to first log the things on paper. That's why I've just been following in my head what I've done and been more mindful about it which has worked as well. Good work utilizing travel time, it takes surprisingly much time.

LV 2 Elf Scout

0%
0%

0%
0%

6%
6%

7%
7%

How has been everybody doing?

I've been doing quite slowly, burn out hit but I've been trying to be mindful about my time use which has helped. That's why I've learned to recognize helpful patterns when it comes to realizing what triggers panic attacks, what kinds of daily schedules work and what not and what activities make me help better. This has allowed me to plan how to do things making me succeed in my challenge. So yay for that!

LV 2 Elf Scout

0%
0%

0%
0%

6%
6%