Ok, so here it is.

I am making another challenge thread.

I've been lovingly cajoled(actually, it's sort of a requirement to be in an accountabilibuddies group) into creating a challenge, and I think, I need to start breaking my REAL live challenges into 6 week, 1 week, 1 day plans.

This challenge should have seen me starting in San Diego, but a double root canal(on the same tooth - that is - they tried to do one, and had to put it off for another day, so they still had to do all the same stuff the second day!) prevented me from going.  pain, and sick from the antibiotics.

but I'm here in Clermont, Florida, in the shadow of the Mouse.

here are my simple goals again:

Food
Fitness
Function

Food - try to eat paleo with very soft food - not easy.  

Fitness - do something every day - movement(walking or dancing), strength - certain exercises, and physical therapy

Function - yeah, I need to function. - something to do with the house/home every day. And working on my therapy for me.

And, I'm reading books - and working on marriage issues - as in, exercising our marriage muscles with books, and counseling, and practicing good communication skills.  This could be Family!

My sig line is very barren, because I was so disappointed in myself, and felt that I needed to wipe out my past.

but, here I am - I will try to post once each week.

• Like 6

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

My sig line is very barren, because I was so disappointed in myself, and felt that I needed to wipe out my past.

You can't change your past, but don't let it dictate your future ;)

Welcome back to the gang. You have been sorely missed. Not kidding, there's a healing, inspiring effect to your presence that I think resonates to a large extent through the internet to the stuff you post.

*hugs*

• Like 5

Hello!  I met your husband on the Warrior thread.  He seems to be doing well.

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Hello! I met your husband on the Warrior thread. He seems to be doing well.

Yes, he is doing well - healing very nicely. Of course, he's moving a bit faster than I or the nurse would like, but, you can't hold a Wildman back! ;-)
  • Like 1

Adventurer by choice

Hello there!

I know that sometimes is difficult, and perfectionism are on our ways, but I was thinking about log everyday, instead of every week, with simple statements of the progress of every goal, that coulb be a simple ok, or what we eat, did, etc...

I'm writing in the plural (we) because I'm thinking of doing this, I'm inviting you to do the same, and we can poke each other.

What do you say??

Miss you!! :)

• Like 3

da7f3a5b68646308d9bc31cdf0071018.jpg

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

fda78f7324f104b4d57b87087356a3dc.jpg

Today I spent the day snuggling. These two, and wildross too.

Of course today I forgot my fit bit, and I walked myself exhausted...and i had a SMALL red Robin milk shake. Other choices were in line.

Will do my evening exercises before going to sleep.

• Like 2

Adventurer by choice

I'm going to try to keep positive.

I spent the last two days doing house research with wildross, and today, I am so exhausted that I can't go out with our friends for thier going away dinner.

I read that there have been scientific studies that a 3 day fast can reset the system. ...so, I am going to try that m,t,w of this week.

Last week I missed out on going to San Diego because of the root canal issues. I'm supposed to fly to Las Angelos on saturday, so I have less than a week to get myself up to travel able, or I will miss out again!

I am still eating soft foods. .many not the best. Tomorrow I get fitted for my crown. On my tooth...not on my head.

I'm exhausted. ..and those that have spent time worth me in the last year can tell you that this is very odd, and only getting worse.

So, this isn't much of a nerd FITNESS challenge, as much as it is a life challenge.

I hope I bring some positivity here.

• Like 2

Adventurer by choice

Take care! Rest a lot!

I understand your felings, it is odd be that tired of what seems nothing much...

The best you can do is rest... Put a light movie, or get a nice book, and enjoy it!

And because you are just eating soft food that isn't helping with your energy level either...

But challenges exist so we can overcome them!

• Like 1

hey. Welcome back - I missed you. You inspired me to include spiritual work in my challenges, and to feel comfortable sharing that with others (where I'm from, evangelism from various sides is kind of rampant (including some snotty evangelical atheists!), so I sometimes perceive public religiosity as attempted conversion - I'm getting over it).

anyway, prayers going your way. They might take a while with these overcast skies, but know they're there.

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Keep your spirits up, I am sure it will all turn around soon!

I look forward to seeing some art from you soon.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] <--Current Challenge

Food - try to eat paleo with very soft food - not easy. 

crystal-ball-fortune-teller.jpg

I forsee chicken stew, mild chili, and lots of mashed sweet potatoes in your future.

You can't change your past, but don't let it dictate your future ;)

Welcome back to the gang. You have been sorely missed. Not kidding, there's a healing, inspiring effect to your presence that I think resonates to a large extent through the internet to the stuff you post.

*hugs*

nod-of-approval.gif

da04bd87bab5402951bb6fae6809cd86.jpg

Much love.

• Like 2

Ok guys. ..I'm crying here. ..happy tears!

And that photo. ..all the feels! ( as in feelings....lol!)

There will be bible on this thread. ..and cn3wton. ...there will be art! And you all have already brought the inspiration !

4a829c61daffdf7d9ddb189136e9df9f.jpg

• Like 3

Adventurer by choice

Monday and tuesday:

Food - fine, 2 days fasting done.

Function - bed exercises and dog walks...short, put dishes away.

Faith - bible and prayer done.

Fitness - I did some wall push ups. 10. 10 counter push ups. Bed exercises consists of multiple leg exercises, pelvic exercises for low back, yoga stretches.

Today, while I wasn't out of bed much, I didn't sleep all day.

My plan is that this is a huge jump start into a whole 30 (pseudo, as I will be in Los Angeles next week!). I need to live whole 30, maybe AIP...but, I'll take it slow.

My promise verse:

153deb9075d6a8ba21cd7de37ad9fcdd.jpg

• Like 2

Adventurer by choice

Focus - I was focusing on health for me, but then I ran into something that put focusing on my marriage smack in front of my face.

Just because you get rid of some of the infection from 34 years of bad communication doesn't mean you stop working on changing the bad habits. Wildross has continued with his efforts, but i have allowed physical exhaustion to over ride my new habits in our marriage!

New F- Family...which since the kids are gone is wildross. I will do one thing per day(at least) to let him know I love and appreciate him in his love language or style!

I'm listening to the smalley marriage radio on podcasts, they break personalities into animals! Lion, otter, golden retriever and beaver. We are working on Love Languages by Gary chapman. This will help jim and I to understand each other better. And, if you can let people be themselves, and learn to honor who they are and respect thier communication style and try to fill up thier personal love needs, it can flow into every relationship.

Today, fix our marriage,

TOMORROW, FIX THE WORLD!

0a3463716ddc3172f5a2a8173b3719c2.jpg

• Like 3

Adventurer by choice

I smile when I realize how much family is important to you! I'm not saying that I don't love my family, but we aren't that much loving and caring of each other, it is a colder thing.

Your family and your marriage is a big part of who you are, in a way of speaking, taking care of your marriage is taking care of yourself! So keep doing it!

But don't forget to take care of yourself too, I think some challenges back we learn that if we don't take care of ourselves we can't take care of other, it is the metaphor of the oxygen mask in a plane, if you don't put in yourself first you won't be able to put in your kid or others. You get what I'm saying?? :)

• Like 2

Oddly enough. ..that photo is of jim and I on a plane! Heehee!

Yep, I get you! And I just laid myself down to rest before an appointment!

I did massive timelord stuff today, doctor calls, letters written, and organized my calendar!

• Like 1

Adventurer by choice

Aiy carabbas...as in the Italian restaurant. ..i broke my fast with an Italian chicken trio, no breading, just cheese, grilled asparagus, salad, and I did go a little bit overboard on the ciabatta bread with the olive oil and herbs.

No dessert.

I'm pleased.

Oh, down 6-7 pounds at the doctor's office, let's see if I can keep that off when I start eating again!

And now...PALEO! planning for the hotel next week!

• Like 1

Adventurer by choice