A&S Mini -- Food Tracking and Fitness Habits!

Kareesh! (I always hear that as Hanibal Lector saying Clarice in my head lol)

What kinds of things so you like yo do at the gym? Maybe we can compete to see which is us can get their workout completed the most times per week for Motivation? :)

• Like 1

Kareesh! (I always hear that as Hanibal Lector saying Clarice in my head lol)

What kinds of things so you like yo do at the gym? Maybe we can compete to see which is us can get their workout completed the most times per week for Motivation? :)

Creeeeepy. lol.

Well, I have a MWF schedule for weight lifting (Mondays is chest/back, Wednesdays are legs, and Friday is arm day), but I'm thinking of adding in Tuesdays and Thursdays to focus on training for my 5K coming up in July. So...maybe to see who gets more workouts done? I'd be down for that. :)

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge

Ok, I logged my food today.  Once again, going to lunch with the co-workers is social, but didn't love what I got.  I am getting so used to home cooked, I am spoiling myself!  Not a bad first day.

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

This... I like this... :tongue: Although if you go today you're already one up on me :D I got the only pair of shoes I can wear to the gym totally soaked in the rain today so I'm homebound for now.

The plan was to go, but an old friend wanted to hang out, and we haven't hung out in forever, so yeah...So the score is even. :P

I am really bad about doing planks right now... just saying

Planks suck for me. Like, 2 seconds in I start shaking. Maybe I should start working them into a daily routine or something?

Not done for the day, but so far tracking everything, though not the greatest choices. I got a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we'll see what their scale says about my weight. (Boo...)

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

Sign me up for the Plank Avoiders support group. I don't know why, but they always make me really nauseous, which is usually what stops me before my muscles give out. They are probably my least favorite bodyweight exercise.

The biology nerd in me finds this fascinating. How are you with other inversion/semi-inversion exercises?

And when do you put planks into your workout if you attempt them?

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

The biology nerd in me finds this fascinating. How are you with other inversion/semi-inversion exercises?

And when do you put planks into your workout if you attempt them?

I'm fine with other inversion exercises. In fact, I kind of love being upside down. I think it's probably a combination of it being a static exercise (which, according to my physical therapist, is something people with dyspraxia tend to have a lot of trouble with) and the fact that clenching muscles in my abdomen often causes cramps or spasms in nearby muscles (I have to be really careful right around the start of my period, because clenching the wrong muscles will set off menstrual cramps). When I do planks, I do them at the end of my workout.

only what you take with you

Challenges: Starstuff Wars Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI  

NF character ~ Fitbit ~ Strava ~ Smashrun ~ MyFitnessPal

Food Log

I'm fine with other inversion exercises. In fact, I kind of love being upside down. I think it's probably a combination of it being a static exercise (which, according to my physical therapist, is something people with dyspraxia tend to have a lot of trouble with) and the fact that clenching muscles in my abdomen often causes cramps or spasms in nearby muscles (I have to be really careful right around the start of my period, because clenching the wrong muscles will set off menstrual cramps). When I do planks, I do them at the end of my workout.

Ew on the cramps.

I wonder if doing planks at the beginning would be any better, or just make things worse? That is really fascinating though. 

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

As a newbie who is also late, can I join in as well? I'm only partially motivated by the fact that joining an accountability group is a sidequest for us recruits this week. You guys seem to have pretty congruent goals to mine and also to be pretty cool.

• Like 1

'And now leave me in peace for a bit! I don't want to answer a string of questions while I am eating. I want to think!' â€¢ 'Good heavens!' said Pippin. 'At breakfast?'

Level 1.5 Marsh-Wiggle 2 STR | 3 STA | 0 DEX | 6 CON | 2 WIS | 1 CHA

Second Quest: Wocker is an Adventurer Now!  â€¢  Walkers PvP

As a newbie who is also late, can I join in as well? I'm only partially motivated by the fact that joining an accountability group is a sidequest for us recruits this week. You guys seem to have pretty congruent goals to mine and also to be pretty cool.

Added and following newbalicious one.

No I have not been drinking, but after dealing with ESRI, I feel like I need to. :D

Instead I shall sleep and hope not to fail a final.

May the odds be in your favor for tracking and fitness and such... *stalks some chocolate*

Well, this week started off well enough. Yesterday I had tuna with carrots for lunch and quiche loaded with veggies (no crust, I don't understand quiche with crust anyway). Today I made a small sacrifice to the stress gods in the form of a french toast sandwich for a late lunch but got back on track with salad and chicken for dinner. I do believe I am doing much better in terms of my stress level and eating, next think I have to work on is giving my all during workouts. If everyone agrees, perhaps we can make a workout goal for next weeks little challenge.  

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

Added and following newbalicious one.

No I have not been drinking, but after dealing with ESRI, I feel like I need to. :D

Instead I shall sleep and hope not to fail a final.

May the odds be in your favor for tracking and fitness and such... *stalks some chocolate*

Woo!  Best of luck on the final(s)!

'And now leave me in peace for a bit! I don't want to answer a string of questions while I am eating. I want to think!' â€¢ 'Good heavens!' said Pippin. 'At breakfast?'

Well, this week started off well enough. Yesterday I had tuna with carrots for lunch and quiche loaded with veggies (no crust, I don't understand quiche with crust anyway). Today I made a small sacrifice to the stress gods in the form of a french toast sandwich for a late lunch but got back on track with salad and chicken for dinner. I do believe I am doing much better in terms of my stress level and eating, next think I have to work on is giving my all during workouts. If everyone agrees, perhaps we can make a workout goal for next weeks little challenge.  

What kind of workout goal are you thinking of?

Preform 20 minutes of some activity (any activity) that could include picking up heavy things and putting them down again, moving a lot for a medium to far distance, or sprinting a little?

I had a really bleh day today. My in-laws were over, and I gave in to the temptation to eat like crap with them and not keep track of any of it. I didn't get any writing done, either. I did go for my run, but I'm having a really hard time not beating myself up for the stuff I didn't get done today.

only what you take with you

Challenges: Starstuff Wars Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI  

NF character ~ Fitbit ~ Strava ~ Smashrun ~ MyFitnessPal

Food Log

That sucks. Can you maybe retroactively track the junk food? I do a lot of this when eating food someone else has made. Google the average calories of the food, make a rough estimate of how much I ate, and then I at least have a number to suggest how far off track I am.

Rant impending:

Ok, so, we moved into the house that my significant other (SO) owns, but his mother has lived in for a while and has allowed to decay. We are trying to fix it up -- expensive, time consuming, super frustrating, and progress has slowed to snail pace recently.

The kitchen: it functions, it is tiny, and it is invaded by an elderly smoker who will not stop talking at me or just stands in the way whenever I am in there, trying to cook or prep. I cannot carry on a conversation with her, because she tries to talk about biology and gardening things that she has read on facebook, and I cannot stop myself from correcting the things she says... which leads to arguments. She also will not, not properly, take care of her cats and dog which drives me even crazier. The entire house smells like a mix of catbox, wetdog, and stale cigarettes. I spent 20 minutes dowsing everything in our room with vinegar trying to get the smells out when I got home since it permeates into everything. I hate living and cooking in this setting. I feel a little helpless at the moment as far as trying to eat healthy. 

Exercise is great -- I don't have to be inside the house. -- However I can't relax at home, because that would require being in the house.

End rant.

I'm going to go watch an episode of Supernatural and try not to think about the Frozen Yogurt shop on a 2.8 mile loop away.

Everyone is doing a great job, even with a few small setbacks. On Tuesday, I woke up and all my cravings disappeared. It seems my brain finally snapped back into my clean eating mode. I am keeping a small bar of 90% cacao dark chocolate just in case of a major sugar craving, but it's only for emergencies. 

The workout goal I was thinking of is any exercise activity of your choosing as we all (may) have different workouts. Personally, I am doing the Rebel Strength Guide Level 2 (dumbbells), so it requires 3 days of the week. I also eventually want to add in two days of HIIT, and I got a bike today so I'll be using it to get to work (it's a very short trip, but still). 

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

Everyone is doing a great job, even with a few small setbacks. On Tuesday, I woke up and all my cravings disappeared. It seems my brain finally snapped back into my clean eating mode. I am keeping a small bar of 90% cacao dark chocolate just in case of a major sugar craving, but it's only for emergencies. 

I agree!  With the weather changing it took a few extra days to get fully in the swing of things on my end.  90% bar is crazy dark - I cannot even fathom trying something that far down the road.  I am a milk chocolate guy!

I am still logging.  Still not wild about doing it, but it makes me keep thinking and that is good for me.  Allergies flared up today.  I guess riding the bike for an hour in the wind yesterday had a downside?

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

100%
100%

Food tracking got a bit off due to my birthday (which I figured it would) but then I ran into some health issues that threw me for a loop. On top of that, I had an allergic reaction which made me not want to eat for the rest of the day (but I tracked what little I ate. Less than 1000 calories yesterday. -.-) I was starving last night, but I had to have blood work done this morning, which meant I couldn't eat anything after 8. Ugh!

Trying not to just stuff my face now that I can eat. Exercise hasn't been good this week, either. We're watching my niece as well due to my brother-in-law needing knee surgery.

When it rains, it pours, right? Yeesh...

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

I am so sorry you had an allergic reaction.  That is terrible.  I hope the tests went well.  Keep us posted.

100%
100%

100%
100%