A&S Mini -- Food Tracking and Fitness Habits!

Food all tracked this week.  I am loving frozen grapes and bananas.  Once the weather gets a bit warmer I bet they will taste even better!

Cathelas the Level 3 Half-Orc

STR 10|DEX 6|CON 10|STA 11|WIS 8|CHA 7

My Challenges: 15-1 15-2 15-3

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Rauros to Mount Doom 470 miles this leg for a total of 1779 miles 

100%
100%

Tracked the foods last week...

Ok it is Monday of week 3 -- Who's ready for some planks!?

33k8yuq.jpg

(which I totally forgot to do with the rest of my workout this morning...) *goes off to plank as close to a minute as possible*

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

I am in.  Should have read this earlier, but I will add them in tomorrow!

Tracking Goal, get weight below 200 pounds Starting (Jan 23, 2015): 226 Goal: 199  Exactly 3 months to hit goal weight April 23, 2015!

New Weight Loss Goal 180 pounds started April 23, 2015  Current Weight 179 - Made it on June 27!

100%
100%

Travel to Mordor by Spin, Road Bike, Running (starting Feb 23, 2015)         Made it to Mount Doom on July 11, 2015!  Now, I need to turn around and go home!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

100%
100%

I can totally fit planks into the NF Strength guide :) Nice! For my next 6 week challenge, I plan on learning a crow pose, so I suppose this is a start for those as well. 

Also, food was all tracked for this last week, except Saturday as I had a morning exam followed by a lecture and my brain shut off right after. 

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

Planks are awesome and I will add them to my end of day routine (as I only "work out" a couple times a week).

'And now leave me in peace for a bit! I don't want to answer a string of questions while I am eating. I want to think!' â€¢ 'Good heavens!' said Pippin. 'At breakfast?'

Level 1.5 Marsh-Wiggle 2 STR | 3 STA | 0 DEX | 6 CON | 2 WIS | 1 CHA

Second Quest: Wocker is an Adventurer Now!  â€¢  Walkers PvP

Week 4 will be upon us soon.

What is working for you and your group?

Do you need different activities to keep things fresh?

Are there things you're no talking about that you are nervous about?

Is the challenge easier with your team with you?

What plans do you have for the rest of the challenge?

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

I have been adding in some planks, they fit nicely into the routine.  I have been riding a lot this week and managing to keep walking.  I guess the conditioning is working because I keep bouncing back.  I am eating pretty well.  Getting a fair amount of sleep.  And catching up on The Flash and Arrow!

100%
100%

100%
100%

Sorry everyone, I just finished a midterm last week, had a test this week and both a research paper and a presentation to prepare for next weekend. So busy (and that's only for 2 classes, I still have work) >.<  I managed to get some planking out, but missed Fridays workout. Ate horrible for two days (sacrifices to the stress gods) but seem to be back on track. Blah

0%
0%

I got several days of planks in, not as many as I would have hoped, but still more than I would have if you hadn't put it out there this week!  I met all the other mini goals I had for the week.  Pretty good overall.  What is the plan for the upcoming week?

• Like 1

100%
100%

100%
100%

Planking happened except for the day I zonked out on the couch and missed my entire evening routine. Kept up with food log except for the meal I had at a friend's house. Woo?

• Like 1

'And now leave me in peace for a bit! I don't want to answer a string of questions while I am eating. I want to think!' â€¢ 'Good heavens!' said Pippin. 'At breakfast?'

You need rest too Wockerjabi :P

So -- It is week 4! 

MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!

Do you guys want another food mini this week -- or is there a struggle with something that you are aiming to do in your challenge where we need to focus our efforts?

Personally, I am going to attempt eliminating dairy for a week with the exception of butter and yogurt -- and see how that makes me feel -- short of saddened about really delicious cheese.

STRENGTH (0) | DEXTERITY (-1) | CONSTITUTION (1) | WISDOM (3) | INTELLIGENCE (3) | CHARISMA (2)

Syren  -- Chaotic Good -- Human Druish Ranger -- Current Challenge -- Battle Log

Sorry everyone, I just finished a midterm last week, had a test this week and both a research paper and a presentation to prepare for next weekend. So busy (and that's only for 2 classes, I still have work) >.<  I managed to get some planking out, but missed Fridays workout. Ate horrible for two days (sacrifices to the stress gods) but seem to be back on track. Blah

Now there are several degrees of horrible -- as it is a highly subjective adjective 

Hopefully you will get to start winding down this week, and sticking to your plans will be a little easier. It takes a long while to get to a point where stress does not effect the plan, but it may happen eventually :)

I don't know about the rest of the group, but I will never give up dairy. Milk and yogurt are among the few things I can eat all day and not gain weight or feel fat. Personally, I've been trying to cut back on the frozen pizza this last week or so (it had become a go-to food on worknights).

I finally got my test results back. Blood sugar was high (low 120s after 12 hours of fasting). Cholesterol was a tiny bit high, but I just need more cardio exercises.

I'm now on a blood sugar medication and will have to go back in 3 months for another check up. I'm now really trying to watch what I'm eating. Pretty much doing a low carb and low sugar diet. Really having to keep an eye on that glycemic table. Bleh...

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge

I don't know about the rest of the group, but I will never give up dairy. Milk and yogurt are among the few things I can eat all day and not gain weight or feel fat. Personally, I've been trying to cut back on the frozen pizza this last week or so (it had become a go-to food on worknights).

I love dairy, but I seem to have gone a bit lactose intolerant and while eating cheese and adding cream to my coffee does not kill me, life can be uncomfortable.

I finally got my test results back. Blood sugar was high (low 120s after 12 hours of fasting). Cholesterol was a tiny bit high, but I just need more cardio exercises.

I'm now on a blood sugar medication and will have to go back in 3 months for another check up. I'm now really trying to watch what I'm eating. Pretty much doing a low carb and low sugar diet. Really having to keep an eye on that glycemic table. Bleh...

At least you know now so that it can be combatted! 

Let me roam pinterest for a bit to see if I can find a modified recipe for butternut squash macaroni and cheese. It is really tasty, and I think you could replace pasta for some zucchini. The butternut squash makes an excellent sauce with a little bit of quality cheese mingled with it.

• Like 1

I love dairy, but I seem to have gone a bit lactose intolerant and while eating cheese and adding cream to my coffee does not kill me, life can be uncomfortable.

Aw, sad. I used to deal with that, and it was no fun. 

Sorry I haven't been too active lately. So much homework, but I'm caught up on sleep. I missed my workout yesterday, but made up for it today :) I'm happy about that cause most of the time, I just brush it off and go to the next one. 

Did we come up with a challenge for this week? I have 2 if not. Everyone, make sure to get a good amount of sleep every night this week (I'm trying for 7), or take a little walk first thing in the morning? I've started biking to work for 6am, and I find it's very pleasant (it's also only a 5-7 minute ride). 

How is everyone doing this week? 

0%
0%

I have already failed the challenge about sleep. So I guess it's a good idea?

The part where I go to bed at a reasonable hour. It seems pointless on days I have to get up at five AM or earlier, because there's no way I would get more than a few hours of sleep anyway, and I can always make it up other days. But alternating three hours and ten hours of sleep is rumored to be bad for one's health.

The part where I go to bed at a reasonable hour. It seems pointless on days I have to get up at five AM or earlier, because there's no way I would get more than a few hours of sleep anyway, and I can always make it up other days. But alternating three hours and ten hours of sleep is rumored to be bad for one's health.

Indeed, I have heard this rumor. Once long ago I could do this type of stay up all night then attempt to make it up later when I was an undergrad. Now I am old so if I don't sleep I am super cranky.

What keeps you from going to sleep? Would setting an alarm an hour before you need to shut down electronics help? Then maybe do some reading or meditation?