Tin Man Runs with Consistency

The Tin Man

Excellent~

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I am about to go lift, but wanted to get this post in before I do. Also I triple-posted so figured I'd make use of it. 

Lifting last week sucked. I am much weaker than I was a year ago. Really, I am weaker than I have been since restarting my fitness journey with NF. That has been tough to swallow. How did it happen? Not lifting is one. Not eating enough is a big one. I am back down at ~170 pounds, which I weighed 2 years ago at SSS. Also holy hell SSS was TWO YEARS AGO?? 

I digress. I have been fighting it well, but I have to admit my strength workouts have been disheartening. I keep telling myself that each workout is getting me closer back to where I want to be, which is true. I know it will come back, probably faster than I gained it initially. I also know that the gains will be slowed somewhat by the fact that strength is not my main goal right now, running is. And the running is coming back pretty well.

In the meantime I will be happy knowing that I am lifting light weights but with pretty ballin' form. Not a rush. Not a rush. Not a rush. Put in the work. Practice with excellent form. The gains will come to those who wait.

• Like 1

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I am about to go lift, but wanted to get this post in before I do. Also I triple-posted so figured I'd make use of it. 

Lifting last week sucked. I am much weaker than I was a year ago. Really, I am weaker than I have been since restarting my fitness journey with NF. That has been tough to swallow. How did it happen? Not lifting is one. Not eating enough is a big one. I am back down at ~170 pounds, which I weighed 2 years ago at SSS. Also holy hell SSS was TWO YEARS AGO?? 

I digress. I have been fighting it well, but I have to admit my strength workouts have been disheartening. I keep telling myself that each workout is getting me closer back to where I want to be, which is true. I know it will come back, probably faster than I gained it initially. I also know that the gains will be slowed somewhat by the fact that strength is not my main goal right now, running is. And the running is coming back pretty well.

In the meantime I will be happy knowing that I am lifting light weights but with pretty ballin' form. Not a rush. Not a rush. Not a rush. Put in the work. Practice with excellent form. The gains will come to those who wait work

And you are doing the work! They will come! You've picked your priority and while it'd be great to be seeing steady progress for more than one thing at a time, we all know it's much harder for your body to manage than progressing with just one thing. I hope you are making a point to eat more to better fuel your body for the demands you're putting on it. 

LIFT THOSE WEIGHTS! PREPARE YOUR BODY FOR THE GAINSSSSSS!

Also fuck yeah to a full week of NP! That's awesome.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

And you are doing the work! They will come! You've picked your priority and while it'd be great to be seeing steady progress for more than one thing at a time, we all know it's much harder for your body to manage than progressing with just one thing. I hope you are making a point to eat more to better fuel your body for the demands you're putting on it. 

LIFT THOSE WEIGHTS! PREPARE YOUR BODY FOR THE GAINSSSSSS!

Also fuck yeah to a full week of NP! That's awesome.

That's what I keep telling myself! It won't be easy mentally but I am happy with my rungains. And increased activity level and knowing I need to fuel my body has been leading to me eating better, too! Because if I want all the gains then I must fuel them.

My big win mentally has been asking myself "What would I tell someone else in the same situation?" I think many of us give outstanding support and advice to each other but are often hesitant to consider that sound advice for ourselves. I know I am often guilty of that.

• Like 3

I am what I do.

i can't believe SSS was two years ago. so much can change.

what app are you using to track your stuff up there? is it some sort of google app that i can't have because i'm apple? 

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

nice! OH walking lunge tho... sounds dangerous for me.

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

I would accept ranting if it meant GETTING TO EAT MY CUPCAKE.

You know I'm on a cut.  Any food left unattended and unlettered in front of my crock-pot cooking dinner is forfeit.

This will teach you to leave notes.  Or put things away where I can't see them.

In the meantime I will be happy knowing that I am lifting light weights but with pretty ballin' form. Not a rush. Not a rush. Not a rush. Put in the work. Practice with excellent form. The gains will come to those who wait.

Whine whine whine.  Do I have to reinstate the White Board PR list for you to chase shit again?

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

You know I'm on a cut.  Any food left unattended and unlettered in front of my crock-pot cooking dinner is forfeit.

Whine whine whine.  Do I have to reinstate the White Board PR list for you to chase shit again?

I'm voting in place of Brother. Yes. You do need to reinstate the white board PR list.

• Like 1

If you are on a cut, you should be DEFINITELY not eating his cupcake!

Raptron, alot assassin

Oh, I definitely shouldn't be eating them.  But leaving them unattended in front of my dinner was too much of a tease to resist after being fairly strict with my cut for the past few days.

He has learned his lesson well now, I hope.

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

nice! OH walking lunge tho... sounds dangerous for me.

haha it may not be the best when done to failure...or for the clumsy-handed.

1_gif.gif

I'm voting in place of Brother. Yes. You do need to reinstate the white board PR list.

You have no power of voting in my stead, ladyface.

See that's what I was thinking. Glad at least you're on my side.

Oh hey, I'm not subbed here yet. And you're updating and everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocking, eh?

Oh, I definitely shouldn't be eating them.  But leaving them unattended in front of my dinner was too much of a tease to resist after being fairly strict with my cut for the past few days.

He has learned his lesson well now, I hope.

I REFUSE TO LEARN FROM THE LIKES OF YOU

WORK DAT FORM

awwww yeahhhh

• Like 1

I am what I do.

So I went up some stairs then down some stairs yesterday. Thought I was going to feel a bit flat after the squats + lunges + running on Tuesday but I kinda crushed it. I am just adding two sections per week so I did 21. Did it in 24:38. For those with no sense of reference (almost everyone save for RP, Cheechoe, Ska, raptron, Ruckus) that is very good for me. PR sorta good. I have often been around the average pace of 75-90 seconds per section (usually more towards 90) and that is 70 seconds. I easily could have kept trucking but that was NOT THE PLAN. Which I am happy to have done today as I face a lifting workout with deadlifts. 

Also yesterday morning someone set a new stadium record for a full tour - 17:57. For perspective there are 37 sections around the stadium, each consisting of 31 steps that are each about 18" high. After running a trail 50k over the weekend. Oi. People be fast.

I am what I do.

Also yesterday morning someone set a new stadium record for a full tour - 17:57. For perspective there are 37 sections around the stadium, each consisting of 31 steps that are each about 18" high. After running a trail 50k over the weekend. Oi. People be fast.

Seriously.  That dude.  Now Ska wants to do a half tour in 5 minutes, too.

All crazy freaking runners.

NP Hills! They were much fun. The hill consists of "front side" which is longer and "back side" which is shorter. I started going down the back and did a total of 2.5 full hills, 3 back and 2 front. I did not walk at all, which I have never done at the hills before. BOOM. It's almost like regular activity is getting me in better shape or something. Let's ignore that at points I could have walked faster up the hill because THAT WASN'T THE POINT. 

I forgot watch to time the workout, it was probably like 40-45 minutes. Apparently about 3.25 miles. Here is the elevation profile.

pW4yYbK.png

• Like 1

I am what I do.

nice!! does google do that elevation graph??

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current