A & S Mini - SpringCrushers (movement, sugar, freggies)

Welcome to our accountabilibuddies group!!!

Our main focus is moving more, beating the sugar monsters and eating more freggies.  

• Like 1

Liser Frenche

Level 1 - STR : 1.3 | DEX : 1.5 | STA : 1.5 | CON : 1.5 | WIS : 0 | CHA : 0

Current Challenge  /Battle Log I   

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

MFP username: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/liserfrenche

"Strive for Progress, Not Perfection"

Hi Liser! 

So, first mini challenge... what about learning/creating how to cook a "trick treat" i mean something that tastes amazing, looks amazing and can be used as a treat, but is based on freggies? This can be done during the weekend, adn we could share pictures and recipies.

Thoughts?

Programmer, Electronic circuits designer, Ultimate Frisbee lover, Photography enthusiast

Third time "first" 4 week challenge |  Follow me on Runkeeper - Facebook - Instagram

I am out of town for the weekend.  Best I could do is look up recipes or share my favorite recipe. :)

Liser Frenche

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

Hello!  I love the name SpringCrushers!  I'm looking forward to having a group of buddies for this challenge.   

I scanned through the mini-thread and a few other accountability groups that are already set up to get an idea of how we should go about this :)  Looks like we need to figure out . . .

Do we want to share an accountability goal as a group, or do we want to support each other with our own specific goals we each want to achieve?  Also, do we want to keep one goal for the whole challenge, or come up with a new mini-goal each week?

--For me, my main focus this challenge is eating freggies and limiting sweets, so I know I definitely want a goal focused on that for myself!  I'm not much of a cook so I *probably* won't be successful with anything to do with cooking at this point, but I would love learning about what you guys cook with veggies!  Maybe we can each pick one thing from our own challenge that we want to achieve the most successfully and commit to sharing about that and working on it in this group?  

I also like the idea of each of us posting our own "mini" challenge each week.  For example, this week, daxonichely could cook a veggie recipe, I could cut out sweets in the morning, and LiserFrenche could pick a specific focus.  Then next week we could pick something new to focus on to mix it up.

I am 100% okay with whatever you guys want to do :)  Let me know your thoughts!           

High Wood Elf - Level 2

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 1

Current Challenge:  2.2  Past Challenges:  2.1  1        A little about me . . .

Different mini challenges a week seems like a good opportunity to add some exp points to our stats!

It looks like our goals are quite similar, so we could pick a group goal.

I'll be back with some ideas in a minute ;)

Programmer, Electronic circuits designer, Ultimate Frisbee lover, Photography enthusiast

Third time "first" 4 week challenge |  Follow me on Runkeeper - Facebook - Instagram

Hi Liser! 

So, first mini challenge... what about learning/creating how to cook a "trick treat" i mean something that tastes amazing, looks amazing and can be used as a treat, but is based on freggies? This can be done during the weekend, adn we could share pictures and recipies.

Thoughts?

http://hip2save.com/2015/01/14/baked-sweet-potato-chips-whole30-approved-recipe/

+

http://paleotable.com/2012/11/paleo-sour-cream/

Not in the group (Already in another and I'm hosting a near 20-ppl group as well) but figured I'll throw that out there.

• Like 1

http://hip2save.com/2015/01/14/baked-sweet-potato-chips-whole30-approved-recipe/

+

http://paleotable.com/2012/11/paleo-sour-cream/

Not in the group (Already in another and I'm hosting a near 20-ppl group as well) but figured I'll throw that out there.

Thanks for the recipies! I promise I'l try them soon (I'm talking to you Sweet potato chips...)

So, this weekend, I tried something... well.... I just dumped a few veggies on a pan with a little olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and waited... (some slices of sausage popped in...)

springcrushers01-1.jpg

You can spot there...

• carrot (one piece)
  • Broccoli (half what my hand could handle half closed)
  • Zucchini (one small piece)
  • Yellow Bel pepper (half a piece. When chopped, half what my hand could handle)
  • Tomato (one piece)
  • Sausage (one)

Just clean them and chopped them in cubes of almost the same size (don't be picky about the size here...)

Put a pan on the fire, like half the flame of it. After a few minutes (let's say... 2:30 minutes) put a tablespoon of olive Oil in the pan and wait till the oil is as fluid as water

Drop the veggies in order of hardness (I mean, the harder first). Space them of about 30 secs to one minute (Be brave, just drop them...) and mix the pan at each "dropping"

1. Carrots + Salt and Pepper (Not that much of each. You can add more at serving)
  2. Broccoli
  3. Zucchini
  4. Sausage
  5. Bell Pepper (I like it cruchy)
  6. Tomato (This one was too juicy, so it went last)

30 seconds to one minute after the last veggie, try the carrots (or the hardest veggie) If you like the texture, you're done!

As a breakfast, I added some white cheese and some avocado. That much you see in my pan and served as in the next pic, lasted 3 portions (Me, my brother and another one for tomorrow at work)

springcrushers01-2.jpg

It tasted really good!

• Like 1

Yum, that looks delicious!  Thanks for sharing :)  

My focus for this week is no sugar!  I need to cut it out since I'm just not able to stick to one treat per day.  I'm going to be accountable to you guys on here with that goal for this week, and check in at the end of the week :)

Happy Week 2!

• Like 1

High Wood Elf - Level 2

Current Challenge:  2.2  Past Challenges:  2.1  1        A little about me . . .

Let's tackle it!

If you have trouble with sugar, try replacing it with... Maybe carrots

They're juicy and if you cook them for just a few minutes in water, they get even more juicy and quite sweet.

Strictly speaking, that's sugar, but is a far better way of sugar

alright.  I already had some sugar today. :(  I'll limit myself to one sweet a day.  (This is a birthday week for my son and I, so going totally sugarless would end up backfiring).  I'll report back regardless.  Sugar is always very hard for me.  I do great, at least for a while, when I abstain, but then I binge.  If I have a daily limit, I have to pay attention because it doesn't take long for my sugar laden habits to come back.  

Liser Frenche

Previous challenges:

1I  2  3 Epic Respawn

Hi!  I am Soldier and this is my first accountabilibuddies group and I chose this group because I am trying to get into a paleo lifestyle (diet) which means eating less or no sugar and consuming more fruits and veggies.  I figured that this would be the best place to start and I am also really new to Nerd Fitness.  Wish everyone the best of luck and keep up the good work!

Thanks,

Soldier

Level 2 Ranger

STR[1.5] DEX[1.6]  STA[1]  CON[3]  WIS[3]  CHA[1.5]

"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream"

--Vincent van Gogh

First Challenge  Daily Battle Log

[progress'teal']1[/progress]
Inches lost in 2015

[progress'purple']20[/progress]
100 days without drinking soda

Welcome, Soldier!  I'm unfortunately having to bow out for the rest of this challenge, due to a positive but unforeseen major change in my job.  I'm glad you're here to take my place, and keep this awesome SpringCrusher moving!

Good luck everybody, I hope to see you back in the summer!  

High Wood Elf - Level 2

Oh my!!!

That's huge! Good luck rgbb but if I may, try to stick at least with part of the challenge. The 5 minutes of housework a day may be a good point to keep.

And Soldier! Well come aboard. I'm just back from a hell of a week, but I promise to check out your 6wchallenge

Week 4 will be upon us soon.

What is working for you and your group?

Do you need different activities to keep things fresh?

Are there things you're no talking about that you are nervous about?

Is the challenge easier with your team with you?

What plans do you have for the rest of the challenge?

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!