• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I'm Natalee, I'm starting a new thread for my challenge, I read all the relevant threads after starting so I'm creating this with new format and clearer goals. I'm a uni student on pause haha. I'm 21 with an adorable 9 month old boy. I live at home with my mom and my sis, and my fiance, with other relatives close by. I don't do much to be honest other than household stuff and being a mom... Wait I've started a backyard garden, I envision having a yummy garden soon. It's a little haphazard right now. There are many things that I'm trying to do, but I feel as if I'm failing them all. This is an attempt for me to find some focus.

Main Quest

a. Tone Buns & Thighs.

b.  One Minute Handstand Hold

Quest One.

10+ min of exercise each day

10+ min of flexibility training.

Measurement: A = 10 min, 42 days, B = 10min, 30 days, C = 10min, 20 days
Reward: A = +2 STA, +3 STR, B = +2 STA, +2 STR, C = +1 STA +1STR

Quest two

3x Core Focus per week

3x Buns and Thighs Focus per week

Measurement: A = 18, B = 15 , C = 12 
Reward: A = +2 CHA +2 CON +1STR, B = +1CHA +1 CON +1STR, C = +0.5 CHA +0.5 CON +0.5STR

Quest three

Hollow body hold and handstand practice 2 hours per week.

Measurement: A = 1 min Hold, B = 40 sec Hold, C = 20 sec Hold
Rewards: A = +2 DEX, B = +1.5 DEX, C= +1 DEX

Life Quest

a. Read/Listen to the entire bible 2 times in 6 weeks.

b. Listen to Notes on Genesis at least once daily

Minimum 16 hours per week.

Measurement:  A = 24 Episodes B = 18 Episodes C = 12 Episodes Fail <10
Rewards:  A= +3 Wis B= +2 Wis C= +1 Wis

Motivation: In order to be able to take on later challenges, I need my body to be stronger and able to be a master of my own body. By reading the word of God more and in it's entirety then I know I will be able to get closer to the heart of God and also know it.

Current Body Stats:
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 143lbs 
Waist: 30in
Arms: 12in
Thighs: 23.5in
Hips: 41in
Neck: 13.5in

With this new and clear format, I really hope to have a good time posting here. 
Look forward to meeting you all.

Welcome to the Rebellion!  With your current goals and interests, you've attracted the attention of the Assassins' Guild.... but don't worry, I'm here in a supportive capacity!  Even if you ultimately don't join us, we'd love to help you along on your journey, and there are a lot of people working on goals similar to yours within our black-clad ranks...

If you think you might like to check us out, I hope you'll come by the Assassins' Den chat and say hello!  We're very welcoming killers-in-black, really.      ;)  You can also check out the Assassin Guild Info & Announcements for more info about what's going on with the guild.  We also have our handy Assassin Phonebook, which will allow you to find people who are working on similar skills to yours.  And though we may be the bodyweight guild, we're also a guild of extreme variety - we do a bit of everything!

Additionally, if you like what you see, I encourage you to go introduce yourself on the Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread as well!  There are a lot of fun people hanging out as they consider whether to join us - and you can make new friends, ask questions of guild leadership, post awesome gifs (we wouldn't be Assassins without gif parties) and more!  I hope to see you there soon.

If you ever need anything, feel free to PM me or catch my attention by quoting one of my posts.  Otherwise, I or one of my colleagues will be stopping by to check in on you and celebrate your successes as the challenge goes on.  Now get out there and crush those goals!

• Like 1

Update One

13/4

T 25- Cardio +  10 mins Flexibility Stretches for dancers

14/4

PIYO - Align Lower & Upper Body

15/4

T25 -  Total Body Circuit +10 mins Flexibility Stretches for dancers

16/4

15 mins Salsa Workout

Review

So far I've been able to do what I set out to do, although last night was a bit lame, with only 15 mins (it was lateish around 7:30 and my son decided to let down quite the stinky load so I couldn't make him wait out the work out for the sake of my nose and the stench in the living room, so then I had to bathe him and get him ready for bed). Most of the workouts I've done have been pretty intense especially in the leg and butt region, unless otherwise stated I have completed them all. So I'm gonna call is even by doing two ab workouts over this weekend a another butt focused workout.

Although I haven't 

I am yet to finish Genesis almost there though 7 chapters to go, I have a lot of catching up to do to be on track.

One more workout to add, although I can't remember exactly when I did it... it was in the morning of one of those days though. I think it was 

15/4

am. CafeMom Studios - 30 minute Core Strength Workout

How could I forget, this is part of the reason why my abs are still sore.

17/4

Ballet Beautiful Lean Legs & Buns Workout

3mins The 20min Killer Core Workout.

My exercise was interrupted today, and I got quite the shake up, my home is in a bit of a turmoil right now and so many things are unsure. Still God is sure and I will pray for his continued guidance and protection, find out exactly what is to be learnt from this situation... So stressed, still the workouts must go on and I plan to do that Killer Core workout totally loving Sean Vigue will be following more of his workouts for the challenge.

Oh one great benefit of exercise is I find it regularises my bowel movements  :redface:  Gotta go!!

Week One: Mini Quest - Let's Get Smart

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable? - I think my goals are very achievable during this quest. the only one which may prove a little difficult is my life quest but I think it's doable and will do my best to read as much as I can.

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on? Although you can say I have a bit of a sub-quest thing going on, upper and lower body strength will both lay an important role in me attaining my hand stand as will flexibility in the long run.

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them? - Absolutely because 10 mins is the minimum I've set for myself the sky's the limit, even if all I can manage to do in a day is a 10 min hollow body hold, then this one exercise will go towards the all other goals  :playful: 

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them? - I too was alittle worried about this aspect in the beginning, but my quests are intended to help me to be able to do little day to day tasks with more finesse and ease. That's one way to track, another is have I been active for 10 mins today? have a stretched for at least 10 mins today? Yes? Then it's been a great day.

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€? - My grading is pretty pass fail, the more passes I get each day the higher my grading will be, the more efficient I become. I don't expect to fail but even if I haven't completed all tasks I have the whole week to fix it and account for everything.

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured? - I will dance it out. (still a workout, belly dance for abs, hula for butt and legs) haha

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those? - Nope, but who hasn't got 10 minutes? It's mind over matter.

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another? - Nope

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them? - Right now time is like my best friend, we have the odd disagreement but it's all good.

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest? - I'm really trying to be more active, that's what I'm really trying to get out of this. I want to make working out a habit once again. I want my body to get used to going to funky town lolz.

Sorry to hear your life is in turmoil, but very true that God is sure and He is loves you and was not surprised by whatever happened.

I like the idea of keeping your exercise goals short so you always have time for them!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear your life is in turmoil, but very true that God is sure and He is loves you and was not surprised by whatever happened.

I like the idea of keeping your exercise goals short so you always have time for them!

@Elastigirl, thanks, if it's not one thing it's something else lol. Yeah sometimes I'm having a sluggish day, like yesterday and I think just knowing that it doesn't have to be very long motivates me.

Soo I've been doing a lot of thinking and feeling. I want to use this challenge as a means of getting to know my body in a deeper way, to notice the malfunctioning parts and effectively begin to work towards fixing them. I've noticed a few things.

• My once opened hips are closed - Hip flexors need work
  • Since I can remember my hamstrings have been tight, and I think weaker than my quads -  Hamstrings need work
  • While doing my hollow body hold my neck is tight - Neck needs work (haha so much work to be done)
  • My lower back is almost incapable of staying on the floor - Lower back needs work/help​

I think there may be others but I'll be targeting these over the next few weeks.

Firstly I came upon a link to DoYouYoga, I've started that beginners course ( the person who posted this inside the forum is God sent). I've always wanted to do yoga, and I've done a few workouts, but I think this is the start I've been waiting for. Not too daunting or intense. I think this as well as some more stretching which will be apart of my other workouts will help with my hips and my hams. I also came across Total Motion Release on youtube, and I'll be adapting some of their moves, maybe they'll help to sort out my hamstrings.

I don't know what I'll do about my neck just yet, but I will try my best to lead with my body in workouts that require my core and not my neck and shoulders wherever applicable.

I'm also not sure about my lower back, I'll continue the progressions hopefully that and the core workouts I'm doing will help to stabilize the area and fix the problem. 

18/4

am. Killer Core Workout

pm. DoYouYoga Week 1 - 1 & 2

I was really not up for much in the evening and I didn't want to overwork my muscles so I decided some yoga in the night would do me good. 

that's all for now..... I feel like I'm forgetting something...

• Like 1

As it is I love biscuits and cookies, for long time now, I've been cutting down, because I know these aren't good, and to be honest I don't really want to eat them. I have a half pack stuffed in my drawer right now. I'm going to eat them, and I'm going to make them the last pack I buy, any cookies I eat in future will be homemade, the healthy sort   :glee:

• Like 1

Making cookies at home with your son will be so much fun.  He'll totally love helping you make them and licking the spoon after.

How is your backyard garden coming along?  I bet it's nice to be outside for a bit enjoying the fresh air. 

19/4

PIYO Define Lower & Upper

Week One is over, so many new developments.

1. I will be adding TTMNT Workout to my regimen. I'm trying for am. Mon, Wed, & Fri (pray for me). I really want to feel the benefits and it will help with my handstands.
  2. I will continue Piyo on Tues & Sun.
  3. I will continue with the DoYouYoga Starter Course every evening. 
  4. I will be doing daily handstands, hollow body holds and like attempts for a minimum of five mins each day. 
  5. I will also be watching the progress in my problem areas.

As I immerse myself more and more into NF then I find I'm getting the courage and kick in the ass to add actions to the choices which I've wanted to make for a long time. I think Jesus as been changing my heart and seeing all of this, well it's helping me to make better decisions for myself and my family. (Diet wise, details later)

So far I'm behind on my bible reading lots of catching up to do. Hope I can get most of it done this week.

Nervous about TTMNT Workout, feel it's gonna kick my butt lol. I wonder how long it will take.

That's all for now

Making cookies at home with your son will be so much fun.  He'll totally love helping you make them and licking the spoon after.

How is your backyard garden coming along?  I bet it's nice to be outside for a bit enjoying the fresh air. 

Yes, I'm really looking forward to those days.

It's coming along I'll post some pics, some of the lettuce (albeit bitter) will be ending up on my plate tomorrow  :chuncky:  Carrying the bucket to water them and the other plants is far from easy but I guess that adds to the workout.

I never really thought about it, but yeah I do love the early morning fresh air when I get to get out early. When I get out at about 7 then the sun is up and many times already ready to singe off my skin. It's great watching everything grow though.

• Like 1

How did the TMNT workout go? 

On the reading - have you thought about listening to it on an audiobook?  That might help you get caught up. 

Cheers!

I have actually but time's really been biting me in my ass/ I haven't been making the greatest use of it. I'll see where I can get by weeks end that should tell me what I need to know about how well this is going. I will listen while my hands are busy, and they will be very busy tomorrow ( huge load of laundry and hand washing... :nightmare: help me somebody) haha

I've been meaning to update this from last night, but boy was I tired. This week as so far been great, 

20/4

am.TMNT Workout

I had to make quite a few adjustments, I was all over my house, cartwheeling in the kitchen (didn't feel like going outside). I have no sturdy table or pull up bar, so I had to do a very modified move on my verandah so I could incorporate the pull element (I later found some proper progressions to do the pull/chin up, as I cannot do one currently) Tomorrow's TMNT Workout should be more organised. oh oh oh... This took me about an hour to complete or just over. I will time myself tomorrow. I will also give a breakdown of what level I'm currently doing each exercise at.

pm. DoYouYoga - Full Home Yoga Workout 

This really nice,  though fast paced, I think once you get the gist then moving in and out of each move wouldn't be as difficult.

21/4

am. PiYo - Define:Lower Body

pm.Breaking Muscle's 4 Week to Handstand Happiness - Week One: Day One

DoYouYoga - Beginners Flexibility Class

This took about 35 mins to complete

Getting in the conditioning needed for those handstands 

So on top of all this working out I've been living a regular life lol...today as I was one the floor doing tuck ups and push ups hand release push ups are not easy and supermans, I was reminded firstly of how lame I've become but I also thought  lovely it would be to have my son and I doing these together lol in a couple of years (he was crawling over me at that point)

In other news, my right hand/arm is so dominant it hurts... I feel it in my handstands, my push ups, I was squeezing some juice today felt it there too and as I was watering my plants....what to do?

Otherwise all is coming along swimmingly I have a few concerns still like:

1. If I'm giving myself enough time for recovery, I may take it down just a notch dunno yet...I try to give the intensive routines a 18 time difference lol

sooooo tired...... I'll continue in the morning

How did the TMNT workout go?

I agree, Jesus does work and change our hearts and our desires, which is a very good thing.

A very very good thing, ... way better than I thought it would go. I think the fact that the handstand is a part of the routine is helping me with my anxiety, possibly the six weeks would have passed and my butt would still be glue to the floor in hollowbody hold lol

Yesterday was an off day for me, I completed the TMNT workout and 11 minutes of a yoga sequence but that was about it

22/4 

TMNT Workout

Movement One: Level 3 - I think I need to jump on something higher to make this more taxing.

Movement Two: Level 2 - The third set in particular is killing me lol, barely making it.

Legs - Level 2

Pull - Level 1 

Push - Level 2/1 (side to side push ups for two reps and push ups for one, I feel like I'm getting better still)

YouDoYoga -Home workout: I got to about 11 minutes then my son woke up and it was pretty much the end of that.

23/4

I got absolutely no workouts done today. :nonchalance:  I did a one second half handstand midst laundry and that was about it. The day went before my eyes I thought about doing something now  :numbness: , but I was like nah I'll just make this a full rest day, although I was busy manually doing laundry and watering the plants carrying around a 5G bucket, I like to think that I was able to work my body, just not in the way I wanted otherwise....but that's ok.

I'm really tired and I want to start tomorrow with a bang, more laundry to do (I really wasn't up to it these last two weeks so there was quite a pile), plants to water, but handstands, total body workouts and yoga is up for tomorrow. Wish me luck and energy! I will need it.  :panda:

I wish you all a very good night and happy challenges.... I'm sure I'm missing details I thought to include earlier but tomorrow possibly they will be told.

You can DO IT!  Sounds like tomorrow will be a good day for you.  I myself folded three loads of laundry last night - I feel your pain.  When I am caught up with it, it's no big deal, but once I get behind - watch out. 

Good night - and a happy challenge to you!

• Like 1

Sounds like you did awesome to me. Finishing TNMT routine and yoga is great in one day. And don't beat yourself up for having rest days either, especially ones where you are active. You are doing great.

This update is years over due. We're already at Thursday and a mighty lot has happened.

24/4

I honestly Don't remember whether or not I did anything (this teaches me to allow so many days to pass between updates)

I think I did part of a Breaking Muscle routine likely day 2 of 4 weeks to Handstand Happiness

25/4

I went out, a rare occurrence these days, tried to squeeze in a few squats but that was about it. 

26/4

Feeling sad about having done no exercising I did a 15 min shoulder stretch routine

27/4

Frogstand, Pull up &  Handstand Practice. about 10 mins total

DoYouYoga - Home Workout (thank God for youtube history otherwise I wouldn't know when I did this workout)

28/4

BreakingMuscle - Mommy Workout - Diastasis Recti Recovery: Week One, Day 1

29/4

GymRa - 15 Min Super Easy Butt Workout - I know....  sounds a bit vain but it was a scorcher surprisingly.

DoYouYoga - Beginners Flexibility

This past week has been very hard for me, and it's testament to something that always happens when I workout. I think I try to do, too much too fast and end up burning out...hahaha. If it wasn't for this challenge and commitment I may have fallen off track again for a couple of weeks, I barely held on...

I have been doing my handstand practice, maybe not as strictly as I should... nonetheless I've been seeing great improvements, balance, stability, form... it's all getting better. I;m not even at 10 seconds yes but still I like how it's feeling. As for the frog stand, my bent arm variation looks constipated so a lot of work to be done in that area. 

The issues I've been having with my hips and hams, I'm sure will be sorted over the course of the coming weeks, I'm hoping... can't say whether I've noticed improvements or not this week will tell.

I actually did a little intermittent fasting last week for a few days I'd say around 14/15 8/7 but it was thrown out of whack, haha, tried to take it easy where that was concerned, but I'm loving the concept as it is something I often do without thinking.

• Like 1

Shout out to @Emerald_Dragonfly, @Hilary_W, @Elastigirl

I saw your posts over the course of the week, you wouldn't know how much encouragement you all gave me to continue the struggle that sometimes consumes my day.

By struggle I mean watering the plants, being a mother, doing household stuff, hubby stuff, and being the type of person I am lol it's a lot for me to handle. But like I told him things are coming together...It' sure is taking it's time but things are getting better.

I was thinking the other day that this challenge is really allowing me to see my weak areas, it's like research on myself, my physical self, emotional self, and spiritual self (still stuck at Leviticus, Exodus if I'm being brutally honest).

I'm strongly thinking about changing that bible reading challenge, right now I can see that goal slipping from before me. So although I want to read through the bible at least 5 times completely before the year ends. I know it's important for my heart and mind to be in the right place. So I will be listening to Pastor Park's Lectures on Genesis at least 6 lectures per week for the rest of the challenge.

I may throw in a mind lecture but I don't want to overdo it, I know how weak I am, so that won't be necessary for this challenge.

• Like 1

I'm so glad! 

You should be proud - you have run into adversity, but you are still here!  Yay!  That's good, great even.  You are learning about yourself...and there is NO shame in shaking out a good booty workout!

I want to encourage you to keep at it - every little accomplishment counts!

• Like 1

Your spiritual readings and workouts cover such a broad range of development that I'm in awe of the work you are doing.

The handstand work is also interesting.  I can't do a handstand but might think about it for a future challenge if I can get my mind wrapped around the idea of strength and balance.  I've never been particularly coordinated but would love to work on a balance / coordination skill of some sort. I'll be following your workouts with interest and would love it if you post some tips or ideas as you go forward.

It's good to see that your garden is still doing well.  Pretty soon I'll be doing the "watering challenge" twice a day with you.  Sometimes the constant watering seems like more work than it's worth.  On the other hand, I'd hate to skip the planting and spend the summer regretting it.  There are always tradeoffs, I guess.

I hope you can find some time just for you in between all the work. See you in a couple of days.

• Like 1

30/4

FitnessBlender: Minute Glute, Inner & Outer Thigh Workout - 2 rounds, I did not want to risk injury especially considering yesterday's workout, quads feel like they're gonna tear

DoYouYoga: Beginners Balance Class

Flexibility Stretches For Dancers, Cheerleaders & Gymnasts, Beginners Exercise Routine - Definitely feeling loose 

Expecting this tomorrow zeb.jpg

@Emerald_Dragonfly 

That is  exactly what I hold on to lol.. every little better count.

Funny enough I think I expect too much of myself sometimes, I keep telling my Beau that I'm not Bionic Woman, yet when the work piles on I feel as if I have to rise to it all, I really trying to sock it to the man in my head, once he's sorted then others around me will get the don't mess with me message lol.

@Hilary_W

Honestly I've wanted to have some decent control over my body and it's movements for a long time now. But recently, I've been united with my church. I live quite a distance away. Essentially Humans, I cannot live spiritual life by myself I need church and fellowship and all that lovely jazz, if I don't get it, then ultimately We, I fall into the deathly trap that is myself, wondering trying to make something of myself, having some success but in the end failing miserably. What I found was all in the word of God, how I'm enough, how the condition of spiritual life is simply having the Holy Spirit. All God's words, so those things that I was struggling with just melted away and no I pray that He keeps His words alive in my heart. Many things happen in life but if your heart is grounded then you cannot be rocked so easily and then even if you wobble, you fall right back into place.

You and me the same, in some senses I have great balance but my coordination at times is completely off, like walking into things right in front of me haha maybe  I'm just blind. I will definitely try to expound on anything I'm learnt as we go along.

oooh What plants do you have? I can't wait till we can set up a non labour intensive watering system, free up at least 2 hours in my day.

Ladies you are super fab, you've really brightened my night. I hope for a great day tomorrow

• Like 1