Hello fellow nerds! I've anxiously decided to put myself out there and see what happens! I've never been very good at talking to people on forums. :nightmare:

Like most of you here, I'm a nerd of many stripes. My biggest nerdy areas are watching anime and playing lots of rpgs. And I'm a tumblr-user. :nevreness: I graduated from college in 2013, and magically managed to find a real adult job! But I had to move to a new place where I don't know many people, so I've been struggling on the social front. Working at a desk all day is starting to affect me physically too - so this seems like the perfect place for me to be!

In terms of fitness, I have a bad habit of starting a new regime and then stopping after a month or so before I can really see results. If I'm not accountable to anyone, I have trouble continuing. When I first started college I lost weight very naturally because dining hall food limited my food options in a useful way and I was walking around a lot on my hilly campus. Once I started getting stronger/lighter that way, I started doing bodyweight and core exercises, and eventually, even running. It happened very naturally and without stress, so it's now my ideal of how to be healthy.

But life caught up to me in later years and I've gained back the old weight and then some. I feel so stiff and old and I'm only 23! At one point I tried the 100 push ups challenge and got to the point where I could do 45 push ups in a row! But then I stopped and now I can barely do ten. My latest struggle is with my unstoppable sweet tooth. I love baking and cooking and everything to do with desserts, but it's dangerous when you bake 2 dozen cookies living alone!

So, here I am, trying again. This time instead of trying to do everything at once, I'm trying to change things one habit at a time. And, by posting here, I'm hoping to do it alongside some likeminded nerds!  :pirate:

So, hi! It's nice to meet you.

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Hi There! It's nice to meet you :D Have you read about the challenges yet? Go check out those threads and read a couple of them, they're a great way to stay accountable! There are also some PVP challenges you can join in for accountability as well. 

Any initial goals to get back to your healthy?

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Hi Slates! It's nice to meet you too~

Yep, I've read about the challenges and am participating in my first one. I think I'll tackle that for a while before I jump into anything like PVP challenges, though I'll have to take a look at those so I have a better idea of how they work.

"Get back your healthy" is a great way to put it. ^.^ Right now I'm working on walking more to counteract the sedentary lifestyle, and stretching/doing yoga for the same reason. For my challenge I'm including/resuming strength training, which is always a challenge for me to stick to after a few weeks.

Looks like you've been around here for a while!

• Like 1

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

Awesome! I did some yoga in my last challenge and especially to get your mind in a state where you can think clearly if you're feeling overwhelmed or out of whack it's fantastic- both physically and mentally, lots of core work!!!

And yep, it'll be a year next month for me and NF, time really flew by. You'll find a fantastic support here and a TON of people to keep you accountable and help you find reasons to keep going.

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

Nice! Happy almost one year anniversary. ^.^ I hope I have the same success~

Cool to hear you did some yoga! Did you continue after the challenge, or just do it for the challenge? Are challenges usually things people do for just 6 weeks, or things they continue with at the same pace afterward? I hadn't even thought about that. 

• Like 1

Challenges are usually a little sub-section to your overall goal. 

Last year I wanted to get stronger and really make fitness and health my lifestyle so every challenge I've done (or tried) were just on getting stronger and improving my endurance/cardio/strength. My lifts were suffering due to stiffness so I played up some yoga. I try to do 15-20 minutes once or twice a week just to maintain lower body flexibility to help with form now. 

So your goal would be to get back to where you were doing bodyweight and improving strength/health so your goal could be to be active 3 days a week and keep the baking to minimum (or even finding healthy things to bake to replace sugary treats, people here are always looking for healthy yummy alternatives :D) Just a few things you can maintain that will hopefully become habit by the end of the challenge. Then usually there's a week or two break before a new challenge- and you can continue doing what you did for the first challenge or even build off it!!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

Gotcha! Thanks for the explanation. ^.^