Sarah - whole life fitness

Week 2 Summary

Physical health: +1 Dex, +2 Sta, +1 Str, +1 Con (12 parts each week; 60 total)

• Walk 30 minutes 3/week  - Success! (I only did 2, but I am giving myself full credit because of the Festival; I did dance every night, which was my deal for getting full credit.)
  • Belly dance 2/week - Success!
  • Bodyweight exercises 3/week - Success! (I only did 2, but like the walking, I danced instead.)
  • Food tracking 4/week - Success!

Spiritual health: +3 Wis, +2 Cha (7 parts each week; 35 total)

• Meditate 5/week - Success! (I only did 4, but since the Festival is a spiritual retreat for me, I am giving myself full credit.)
  • Work on spiritual class material for 1 hour 2/week - Success!

Mental health: +2 Con, +1 Wis, +1 Sta, +1 Cha (9 parts each week; 45 total)

• Limit TV watching to 2 hrs on 4/5 week nights, and no later than 10pm - Success!
  • Go to bed no later than 11pm on weekdays - Missed by 1. I'm not disappointed with myself because I missed it not from being lazy, but from getting distracted with stuff that needed to be done.
  • Like 1

- Sarah

"I am the beauty of the green earth and the white moon among the stars."

My Epic Quests:

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/143011

5/3 - Kept to my TV watching limit. Got to bed by 11.

Food tracking:

Eggs, bacon, 16 oz coffee

DD turkey, egg, and cheese flatbread, DD medium iced coffee with skim milk and splenda

2 servings of mixed nuts

1/2 fried haddock sandwich with provolone, tartar sauce, tomatoes, and lettuce

Angry Orchard hide cider

32 oz diet green iced tea

This week is going to be kind of difficult to get my goals in, again. I'm going to be in Daytona for corporate training, and rooming with a coworker. So, I'm going to meditate in the shower - just a quick chakra meditation so I can get something in. And I'm going to try to get to the pool each day instead of doing my walking/body weight exercises/belly dancing. It will also help me keep off my feet since they are so swollen from the ant bites. I will do the best I can and give myself credit as appropriate.

5/4 - Missed the TV limit - laundry again. Not sure if I'll make it to bed in time because I have to finish the laundry for my trip tomorrow.

Food tracking:

Mini bagel (raisin and cinnamon) with cream cheese, DD medium iced coffee with skim milk and splenda

Garlic chicken lean pocket, 8 oz water

Two Moms goldenberry bar

2 servings almonds

1/2 fried haddock sandwich with provolone, tartar sauce, lettuce and tomato

16 oz diet green iced tea

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

5/5 - Did a 40 minute or so walk on the beach. The hotel is right on the beach, which is awesome. I'm hoping I get up early enough to walk before I have to go to our training. I love the Atlantic ocean - it's all slate gray and stormy and beautiful. Of course, the sand bothered the ant bites on the BOTTOMS of my toes (yes, the bottoms of my toes - why are they there?!), so I had to walk in the water. But salt water is probably good for them, and my feet did seem less swollen when I was done. Just did my meditation, no TV watching and will be in bed by 11. Woot! Today is a good day.

So I'm going to count walking on the beach or swimming in the pool for my physical fitness/exercise stuff.

• Like 2

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

5/7 - What an awesome day! I even got to work on the mini - got a nap in after lunch. This morning we did activities on the beach, including a 4 way tug-of-war that my team won. We worked hard on it - it went for several minutes in fact. So, even if it is just a little bit, I am counting it for physical activity. I hope to get in the pool tonight as an additional workout. Meditated this morning, and I don't expect to watch any TV. Didn't make my bed-time. But did get a walk in with my coworkers, which was awesome. 

Food tracking:

Eggs, 2 sausage links, 2 mini crepes (filled with ricotta and drizzled with strawberry sauce)

Coffee with splenda

2 mini turkey croissant sandwiches with mayo, tomato, and lettuce

48 oz water

2 pork kabobs, bruschetta (without the bread), rice dish

Apple crumble, scoop of vanilla ice cream

Greyhounds (vodka and grapefruit juice)

Some gherkins with smoked salmon spread

Chocolate cake shot

1 roasted marshmallow

1/3 leftover omelette (salmon, mushroom, swiss) and some hash browns

1/3 snack pack of goldfish

So, not so great on the snacking, but I am willing to give myself some slack because it was a party. Could have skipped the omelette and hash browns - I only ate them because they were there and I didn't want them to go to waste. I know better. But, One bad night in so many weeks I can forgive. I just need to keep these kinds of days from adding up.

• Like 1

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

5/8 - Walked to and from the restaurant with my mom for an early birthday dinner. Took a nap for my mini challenge. And even though it's not a week night, I waited to watch TV till after 8 with the idea of keeping down my overall viewing time.

Food tracking:

Egg and ham fajita

Some coffee and splenda

DD medium iced coffee with skim milk and splenda

1/3 snack pack goldfish

Pack of peanut butter and cracker sandwiches

DD medium iced coffee with skim milk and splenda

Bacon, egg, and cheese flatbread

Chicken burrito with lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole

Glass of Merlot

20 oz water

A few bites of fried ice cream with chocolate sauce and whipped cream

• Like 3

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

I'm glad you had a good time with team-building and walking on the beach sounds wonderful! 

Sounds like you are doing great. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up. I look forward to our walk next Wednesday though! 

~Kurai~

Level 4 Catkind | Assassin

STR 7.1 | STA 4 | DEX 2.7 | CON 12.8 | WIS 8.9 | CHA 4.6

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3

Tumblr | Art Tumblr

5/8 - Walked to and from the restaurant with my mom for an early birthday dinner. Took a nap for my mini challenge.

Nice mini!!!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Coming soon .....

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

So, keeping down my TV watching didn't work last night. My nap gave me too much energy and I didn't get tired till around 4am. And that messed up my day today because I slept in and had no time to do any workouts or any other goals for that matter. I did, however, have a great day with my family, finished off by painting with my mom and sister at Painting with a Twist.

• Like 1

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

5/10 - Yay! Good day for me, finally! Good food day, did an awesome new belly dance video that is an hour long. Lots of moves that were challenging for me, and lots of sweating. I'm excited that it's the right length and difficulty, and it felt good to dance again. Did my hour of spiritual study, only one more page of one of the sections - excited about that. I will also stay within my TV watching limits - less than 2 hours, and done by 10. In bed by 11.

Food tracking:

DD small iced coffee with skim milk and splenda

DD spicy omelette Wake Up wrap

Chevre flatbread (flatbread with goat cheese and greens), Chicken almond roulade (chicken with cashews, carrots, and broccoli, and brown sauce) and rice with spinach, creamsicle cake with lavender honey ice cream, cookies and cream ice cream, and fruit (raspberry, blackberry, strawberry)

Leftover chicken almond roulade and rice

52 oz water

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

• Walk 30 minutes 3/week  - Success - I am giving myself credit on all my exercises because I did find time to squeeze in activity during my time at the corporate training and when visiting with my mom this week.
  • Belly dance 2/week - Success - see above.
  • Bodyweight exercises 3/week - Success - see above.

Spiritual health: +3 Wis, +2 Cha (7 parts each week; 33 total)

• Meditate 5/week - only 2. Gotta keep up on this one - I started meditating as part of my spiritual practice last challenge, but when my doctor wouldn't take me off the anti-anxiety meds, I started using it to treat my anxiety. I've seen a vast improvement and don't want that to lapse so when I see her again, she can take me off it.
  • Work on spiritual class material for 1 hour 2/week - I am going to remove this from my count altogether for this week. I didn't get to it because of the corporate training, but I don't want to give myself a pass since I didn't work on it.

• Limit TV watching to 2 hrs on 4/5 week nights, and no later than 10pm - Success!
  • Go to bed no later than 11pm on weekdays - Only 3. I'm ok with this - one was due to laundry that needed to be done, and the other was bonding with coworkers.
  • Like 1

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

5/11 - It was damn hard to get out today. It's getting to be that time of year in Florida when it's still 80* and humid in the middle of the night. Blech. But I did go out for my walk! And boy did the duckies grow in the past week or two.

WP_20150511_005_zpsu93piri1.jpg

Anyway, I tried to stick to the shade because there was a nice breeze and that did help. Did my body weight exercises, too, except for push ups. My arms were feeling too weak after all the other exercises, so I didn't want to push it. The best thing about exercising in your own home? No one cares if you do it in your underwear. :tongue: Seriously, much more comfortable. I'm going to wait till 8 to start watching TV, and I'll make sure to get my meditation in tonight, too.

Did a quickie meditation since I got preoccupied and it got late. Kept to my TV limit, will be in bed shortly.

Food tracking:

Two Moms in the Raw Blueberry bar

80 oz water

Evol ham, egg, and cheese sandwich

Raw Apricot bar

365 (Whole Foods brand) BBQ chicken personal size pizza, and cucumber with garlic hummus

1/2 cup mixed nuts

• Like 1

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

Gonna keep to my TV watching limit, get my meditation in, and get to bed on time. Work meeting tonight, so no time for any exercise.

Food tracking:

Banana nut muffin, crunch granola bar (can't remember the brand)

64 oz water

Buffalo chicken dip and chips, 1/2 chicken and spinach flat bread with feta, a few fries with ketchup

Leftover chicken and spinach flat bread with feta as a snack

1/4 cup mixed nuts, 2 egg rolls with sweet and sour sauce

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

5/13 - Did my walk with Kurai. Good thing we keep each other accountable - way too hot for me, but we stuck it through. However, I was just too yucky afterward to do my body weight exercises. And I've been feeling like I've been going non-stop. So I gave myself a break by doing one of my other challenge goals - did my hour of spiritual study. Even though I am not doing food tracking, I am going to say it was not a particularly good day. Still stressed about money, and I did not make good choices.

No TV at all tonight. Did my meditation. In bed by 11.

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

5/14 - It's my birthday! And I finally kicked my mini-slump. Today was also payday, which is probably why - not so stressed anymore. And, in spite of it being my birthday, I did pretty well. Walked to and from my birthday dinner at Fitzgerald's. Not as long as my usual walk, but still a good thing.

Kept to my TV limit and gonna get to my meditation shortly. Will be in bed by 11.

Oh, and I bought little snack packs of hummus because they are single serving and that will help me stick to one serving when I'm snacking.

Food tracking:

DD bacon, egg, and cheese on a flat bread, DD medium iced coffee with skim milk and splenda

Organic almonds

Amy's Light and Lean soft shell tortilla fiesta thing

1/2 pastrami and corn beef sandwich with Swiss cheese and thousand island dressing, 2 greyhounds

1/4 slice triple layer chocolate fudge cake with chocolate syrup and whipped cream

• Like 3

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

5/15 - Kitty did not do well at the vet - she's perfectly healthy - but was very unhappy. And that stresses mommy out like whoa. So, I was feeling very unmotivated, but I did get in a half hour of belly dancing - the more strenuous one, even.

• Like 2

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

Oh no... I'm sorry taking your furbaby to the vet didn't go so well. I had hoped the car ride the day before would have gotten her at least a bit calmer about it. :c Maybe she'll do better next time. But yay for being perfectly healthy!

• Like 1

~Kurai~

Level 4 Catkind | Assassin

STR 7.1 | STA 4 | DEX 2.7 | CON 12.8 | WIS 8.9 | CHA 4.6

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3

Tumblr | Art Tumblr

Oh no... I'm sorry taking your furbaby to the vet didn't go so well. I had hoped the car ride the day before would have gotten her at least a bit calmer about it. :c Maybe she'll do better next time. But yay for being perfectly healthy!

We didn't get to go in the car - she nearly tore my throat out because the sound of the engine scared her. Had to put her in the carrier. She only gets worse, actually. They had to put a muzzle on her after she freaked out and broke the first needle. Then she shit on the vet tech. She's been hiding under my altar most of the evening.

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

5/16 - It was an ok food day aside from the copious amounts of hummus that I ate. Anyway, I did get in my walk with my nephew. As soon as he could see the pond, he started shouting, "Sal sees it! Sal sees it!" It was adorable. He is talking sooo much. I plan on doing my meditation before bed. So, I will do my week wrap up in another post.

• Like 1

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

Week 4 Summary

• Walk 30 minutes 3/week  - Success! +1 (Got in an extra walk)
  • Belly dance 2/week - Success!
  • Bodyweight exercises 3/week - 1/3 I can do better. I am just feeling resistant to having to do things. I do that sometimes - rebel against what I "have" to do. I have also been feeling like I have so much to do, I have no time to breathe. I have many more goals this challenge and I think it is just something I need to get used to juggling.

Spiritual health: +3 Wis, +2 Cha (7 parts each week; 35 total)

• Meditate 5/week - Success!
  • Work on spiritual class material for 1 hour 2/week - Success!

• Go to bed no later than 11pm on weekdays - Success!
  • Like 3

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

We didn't get to go in the car - she nearly tore my throat out because the sound of the engine scared her. Had to put her in the carrier. She only gets worse, actually. They had to put a muzzle on her after she freaked out and broke the first needle. Then she shit on the vet tech. She's been hiding under my altar most of the evening.

I used to have a Siamese who was horrible to take to the vet. Once, when we knew she needed shots, we medicated her prior to going, the vet had a towels around her and was wearing falcon handling gloves. She still managed to freak out, get away, and slice open the poor vet. It is rough watching your poor baby going through that.

• Like 1

I used to have a Siamese who was horrible to take to the vet. Once, when we knew she needed shots, we medicated her prior to going, the vet had a towels around her and was wearing falcon handling gloves. She still managed to freak out, get away, and slice open the poor vet. It is rough watching your poor baby going through that.

For years, I never bothered with the vet because she gets so stressed and she's an indoor cat. However, now that I take her out on a leash, I want to make sure she is totally protected. 

• Like 1

- Sarah

My Epic Quests:

For years, I never bothered with the vet because she gets so stressed and she's an indoor cat. However, now that I take her out on a leash, I want to make sure she is totally protected. 

After that incident, we didn't take her to the vet either (but she was an entirely indoor cat). Little bugger lived to be 18.

I would do the same thing if I took her outside. My two cats now are completely different and (as long as they get treats) are completely fine with the vet.

Do you have belly dancing videos or do you take classes? It sounds fun!

• Like 1