Eirlys & Snowdrop: Days of Future Past

Eirlys

Had a traumatic start to the year.  

Starting on New Year's Day I was in hospital for 9 days.  

Then my husband attacked me while I was holding my sleeping 10-day old baby, so I have left him and am now living with my parents & baby.

So it has taken me a while to get back to some resemblance of sanity.  Here's to a better life!

1. Healthy Eating

- make a list of foods I like
- create a meal plan based on my limited cooking time and extra nutritional requirements
- cut out sweets once current packets in the cupboard are gone (and buy no more) - biscuits and dried fruit are ok

2. Do Physio Exercises

Start integrating the following exercises into my daily life:
- pelvic floor exercises
- twisting back while seated
- lying on rolled towel to stretch back
- punching air with increasing weights
- bridges

Bonus: (any of)
- shoulder stretches in doorways
- calf & thigh stretches on stairs
- lifting light dumbbells above head
- planks

3. Self Care

Make sure personal care is maintained despite time pressures:
- brushing teeth twice a day
- moisturising body, legs & feet
- getting smooth feet (have ordered a handheld machine to help with this)
- start using clarisonic facial toothbrush

4. Past, Present & Future

Past:
- back up 2015 photos & videos
- finish making plaster casts of Snowdrop's hands & feet

- take inkless footprints
- start creating photo book of first 3 months
- order photos from best selection for my walls
- order photo & frame for my grandparents

Present:
- TBD - make most of time with Snowdrop

- continue to update google doc that tracks Snowdrop's weekly progress

- set up tripod so I can video me playing with Snowdrop

Future:
- sort out pension payouts in event of my death
- research life insurance
- sort out return to work
- sort out nursery care for next year

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Hey Eirlys, I really like your goals especially the healthy eating ones, I'm trying to implement that in my life too ! (and the moisturizing too, I was thinking of putting it as goal too haha.)

I am glad for you that you managed to get back on your feet, I am sure it took a lot of courage and strenght; but here you are, and making this decision is a big step already. I am sure if you follow even just some of your goals you will be happy with what you have done !

Good luck with keeping up, I'm a 100% with you :star:

Cheers !

• Like 1

Little Owl's First Challenge
"It's funny how day by day, nothing changes. But when you look back, everything is different."

Thanks for your support and kind comments little owl! I hope you do well with your healthy eating :-) you're right that accomplishing some goals will make me feel happier, why is there always so much I want to do? :-)

Weighed in 2 days ago at 10 stone 8 lbs (148 lbs), this is 0.8 lb lighter than a week ago and 2 lbs lighter than a few weeks ago.

Resolved to not have anything sweet to eat after final meal of day, will see how this goes.

Have installed video tripod last night and it seemed to work well. Normally as soon as Snowdrop spots the video camera he stops doing whatever it was I wanted to record which is frustrating, but the tripod is less obvious.

Contacted all my pension providers today with questions from the solicitor about payments on death (yikes) and have answers from 3 of 4 I believe, which is good!

Physio has added an extra exercise which involves me standing flat against a wall.

Have pushed showering to just before bedtime as this is the only time I get to myself now. Will have to spend less time in the shower too, as I've always indulged myself with enjoying the hot water and relaxing up til now, but sleep is more important..

I also contacted work with some questions but they want me to come in to answer them, which is awkward as they're currently over 100 miles away.

Have backed up my 2015 photos, need to decide video policy as they're such large files but not all are that amazing.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Facebook

Whoa. Just read the introduction to your challenge.

I'll read fully this afternoon, but for now, hugs to you and Snowdrop. You are a great Mom and so courageous.

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

• Like 1

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Thanks Heidi! Never thought I'd be in this situation but at least I know I'm doing the right thing by my baby and me.

This week I had ordered a fat yoga mat (15 cm thick) and a foot smoother and have tentatively been trying them out. It's nice to feel like I'm taking care of myself.

I also managed to do three plaster castings of Snowdrop's hands/feet. The first one messed up as air bubbles collected in the fingers, so I'm waiting to see how the next two turned out. Hoping it's worked as my mum is sick of the materials being out in the kitchen (even though I have tidied them away).

Managed to do some tidying up over the week too :-)

• Like 3

-- Facebook

You've already so many things, that's awesome :D Keep it up !

The idea of the tripod is so cool though, I'll think about that when my time comes too haha. Better than always holding the camera :)

How are you feeling about the next 5 weeks to accomplish ? Are there any things you wanted to do but didn't have time to ?

Cheers :star:

"It's funny how day by day, nothing changes. But when you look back, everything is different."

Hi Little Owl

The tripod definitely seems to work, so I'm pleased :)  I've just signed up for driving lessons starting next week so that ought to keep me busy :)

I've had a very productive last 24 hours - 

- did my exercises on yoga mat (1.5 cm thick, not 15cm - oops!) including some 30 seconds planks (update: 38 seconds tonight)... got to start somewhere!

- visited doctors and collected 2 prescriptions

- took baby to his "wriggle and relax" class where we do "imagination massages" and similar

- fed baby, like, 10 times or something!

- bathed baby

- put baby to bed early (and he has stayed asleep!)

- paid for & booked 20 hours of driving lessons

- arranged visiting my workplace and nearby nursery in a months' time to arrange things for next year

- emailed solicitor with info on all my pension funds should I die

- went through all my photos and have picked out all the ones of baby smiling for photo book

- arranged meeting up with a long-lost friend

I also started listing all the foods I would eat but sadly no network connection meant that the Google Drive app lost it.. so will have to start again.

Sadly my plaster casts came out the worst I've done, so I'll have to re-take them again.  I'll chalk it up to a learning experience!

Finally feeling like I'm getting on top of things, here's hoping I get some sleep tonight!

• Like 1

-- Facebook

Sleep well!

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

That's some productive 24h haha !

It's awesome that you are able to do that all in one day, though it would probably get tiring if you do that very day at least it would for me :P

My favourite is getting back in touch with an old friend, I think the more we grow the more we neglect our friends that are in a way our support system.

Continue like this, you're on the right track :D:star:

Thanks Heidi and Little Owl! :-)

Had my first driving lesson today and it went well - didn't stall, got up to second gear (it's a manual car).

Other achievements include getting my plank time up to 67 seconds the night before last.

Weight also 10 stone 6.4 lbs (146.4 lbs) at last weigh in so heading in the right direction without me being hungry.

• Like 1

-- Facebook

Kudos for learning to drive on a manual transmission and not stalling. That was tough for me when I learned, especially on hills.

Level 2 Human Druid

3.375 STR / 1.375 DEX / 0 STA / 2 CON / 3.75 WIS / 1 CHA

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." - R. Buckminster Fuller

Introduction - Daily Battle Log - Challenges 1 - Current

Kudos for learning to drive on a manual transmission and not stalling. That was tough for me when I learned, especially on hills.

Thanks DDG!  I must say I am not looking forward to hills - particularly hill starts!  I find the handbrake very hard to move!!

• Like 1

-- Facebook

Have been making much progress on various bits & bobs.  I think I may give myself an explicit to-do list to aim to complete for this challenge so I can cross things off.

Have been doing my physio exercises regularly.  Weight is still hovering at 10st 6.4 lbs (146.4 lbs).

Unfortunately I've heard my grandma has cancer and not long to live, so I really need to sort out a nice photo for her asap.

-- Facebook

So sorry to hear about your grandmother! Hope all is going well with you and Snowdrop otherwise. You sound as though you're making steady progress.

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

So sorry to hear about your grandmother! Hope all is going well with you and Snowdrop otherwise. You sound as though you're making steady progress.

Thanks Heidi.  Snowdrop is doing well and I think has grown a bit in the last couple of weeks too!

Today my weight is down to 10 st 5 lbs (145 lbs) so I've lost 5 lbs since I started being more careful about what I eat.  Yay.  

I would like to introduce some cardio exercise (even going for walks) as I am completely sedentary and feel very unfit - walking upstairs while carrying a baby is making my heart thud.

Had third driving lesson today.  Drove home from the area we went to practice so instructor says I am making good progress :)

• Like 2

-- Facebook

I was in the same boat after I gave birth. Try walks, if you can get some time away from Snowdrop, or walks with a stroller if you can't. I found that my younger son's colic only let him sleep while moving, and the stroller was a godsend to his rest and to my heart health.

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

I was in the same boat after I gave birth. Try walks, if you can get some time away from Snowdrop, or walks with a stroller if you can't. I found that my younger son's colic only let him sleep while moving, and the stroller was a godsend to his rest and to my heart health.

Colic - my sympathies, my little Snowdrop had that for the first 13 or so weeks and it was a complete nightmare!  I've just started managing to get out & about with the pram, the pavement outside our house is really bumpy and kept making the baby cry before now, although I am riskily walking in the road sometimes just so the journey is less uncomfortable!

• Like 1

-- Facebook

Challenge Summary

1. Healthy Eating

Only succeeded on point 3, where I bought 2 extra packets of sweets.

In total I have lost 6 lbs since I started weighing myself postpartum, which is also Snowdrop's birth weight!

2. Physio Exercises

Have been regularly doing a number of exercises on my fat yoga mat.

3. Self Care

Various factors have interfered but I am happy with progress overall, even though tooth brushing is the only one I have stuck at.

4. Past, present, future

Made progress on a number of these, plus I started learning to drive, which is going well.

What with everything I am going through at the moment I think I accomplished quite a bit this challenge.

• Like 1

-- Facebook