Bulking Transformation

Staci's stories tend to be about bulking up. Fat loss tends to be what most people are looking for, so articles are probably geared toward that. Also, since most people are looking for fat loss, most of the success stories available from members are in that realm.

Know of a succesful nerd who piled on 40 lb of quality muscle? Point them out to Steve and he might jump on it for an article.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Off the top of my head?  Flex Luthor is one.   And I just know that there have been a LOT of people pop into the chat room saying he's like 5'7, 120 lbs, and wants to not be small anymore.

• Like 1

"The world meets nobody halfway. When you want something, you gotta take it." -Lincoln Hawk, Over The Top.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39221-getting-strong-now-gijoes-battle-log/

Flex is definitely a beast, but he was a beast when he got here unless I'm mistaken.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I completely agree with this suggestion. Even if the majority is seeking fat loss, seeing bulking stories might encourage some of the ones struggling with gains. It'll encourage more diversity to join us and we might see more come out of the woodwork. Maybe because the focus is on losing weight, people who're working on transforming from skinny to solid might not see their journey as worthwhile since that doesn't seem to be the primary focus most times. Bulkers need some love too :)

This site is about general fitness and not fat loss exclusively, might be time to reflect that a bit more :) The amount of work it takes to put on muscle deserves the same kind of recognition as the work put into fat loss.

Maybe we can do a callout to nerds who started off skinny and have been bulking successfully?

I see you guys were having fun in the chat yesterday without me..

Something worth noting, not every success story is strictly about fat loss, I would say a good number are also about lean muscle gain which definitely straddles the line of the two.  I personally am working on fat loss and muscle gain at the same time, and I'd like to think catering to that crowd would be better than just one or the other. ;)

As one of the aforementioned skinny kids/ ectomorphs I'd love a NF article and a few more role models. I'm relatively new to the whole forum thing so any suggestions on where to find more nerds who are starting small?  

Come talk to us in chat, and we can help ya out!

• Like 1

"The world meets nobody halfway. When you want something, you gotta take it." -Lincoln Hawk, Over The Top.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39221-getting-strong-now-gijoes-battle-log/

Staci's stories tend to be about bulking up. Fat loss tends to be what most people are looking for, so articles are probably geared toward that. Also, since most people are looking for fat loss, most of the success stories available from members are in that realm.

Know of a succesful nerd who piled on 40 lb of quality muscle? Point them out to Steve and he might jump on it for an article.

This. Stories can only be posted about people who submit their stories. If you want inspiration for skinny people to bulk up, be that inspiration, and become that success story article. 

level 1 half-elf (half-hobbit) adventurer.

(wannabe ranger).

full time awesome.

str 3 . dex 2 . sta 0 . con 2 . wis 0 . cha 1
challenges: 1 

My, am I late to the party. Such happens when you have a million things swirling around you (and you have to spend most of your time gradually getting them to stop spinning). Completely missed this thread until way too recently.

I have spoken with Flex Luthor at some length, as have several other people who've posted in or read this thread. He was certainly a beast for strength when he first arrived here and had added a very good amount of muscle mass to his body from his starting point. However, since he joined NF, he has added quite a bit more without blimping up with body fat, either...no mean feat for anyone with the experience level in training that he had when he joined.

As someone in the very early stages of doing what he continues to do, he's a tremendous inspiration to me. It has also occurred to me that even if NF has 4:1 fat loss:muscle gain transformation stories profiled, it would still be a very valuable nod to the notion that not everyone's goals are the same. (...though I have had to lose more than 50 pounds of body fat to reach this point, with more still remaining, so some of us have a great desire to do both!)

• Like 1