Long Road to Chin Ups

jodpod

So I'm starting a couple of weeks late but that's ok, it's my first 6 week challenge so I'm not putting too much pressure on myself. 

My main quest is to do at least 1 chin up by December 31st.  Starting weight - 77kgs and a body fat of 28%.

This 6 week challenge goal is to complete Level 1 of Steve's road to pull ups which is Bent Over Dumbbell Rows.  As I am a woman of nearly 6ft, with little upper body strength, I will be aiming for a weight of 18-20kg @ 8 reps x 3 sets to complete this challenge.  Wish me luck!

Last week I completed 14kgs @ 8x3 along with:

Strength Training Sets Reps/Set Weight/Set

Lat Pulldown 3x 8x 33  

Mid Lat Pulls 3x 8x 38  

Close Lat Pulls 3x 8x 42  

Machine Row 3x 8x 33  

Standing cable pulldown 3x 8x 15

Challenges: 1

Intro to me  Daily Battle Log  MyFitnessPal 

Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom. The major value in life is not what you get. The major value in life is what you become. Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become.  Jim Rohn

Awesome!

Slow but steady will get you to that pullup - and then 2 and then 3 and ....

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

Here's hoping Bean! Just got to put in the hard yards first, trust the process and focus 😀

Staying focused day to day will be the struggle I think.

Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom. The major value in life is not what you get. The major value in life is what you become. Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become.  Jim Rohn

Yesterday I completed my HIIT Max program.  25mins - Core focus.

Losing weight is just as important as muscle training for my chin ups!  The less I weigh, the less I need to pull up!! :redface-new:  :positive:

FRIDAY WEIGH IN:

Now that I am under 80kgs focus is on body fat percent rather than kgs.

17/4/15 - 77.2kgs - 29.1% BF

24/4/15 - 78.5kgs - 27.6% BF

FRIDAY WEIGH IN:

17/4/15 - 77.2kgs - 29.1% BF

24/4/15 - 78.5kgs - 27.6% BF

02/5/15 - 77.8kgs - 27.8% BF

Exercised everyday this week, so got a little relaxed on my food intake unfortunately.  Must focus on maintaining fruit & vege intake with less takeaway.

Saturday:  HIIT Max metabolic strength workout.

Sunday:  Ran 2km straight, only stopping for a short block to walk.  Will push further this week once my podiatrist says I'm good to go.  Can't wait to get back to pushing for 10ks!

Quick gym workout:

Lat Pulldown 3x 8x 38  

Leg Press 3x 10x 50  

Dumbbell Row, One-Arm, Bent-Over 1x 5x 16  

Dumbbell Row, One-Arm, Bent-Over 2x 5x 18

Getting oh so close to my 6 week challenge goal of single arm DB row 3 x 8 sets of 18-20kgs!!

Quick weights smash last night:

5min Rower warmup

Assisted Chin Ups 3x 5x 42.5kgs 

Close Lat Pulls 3x 8x 47  

60min Beginners Ballet

HIIT MAX core workout 2

Excited to see if I can make 3 sets tonight of 18kgs Single Arm DB Rows!! :nevreness:  :welcoming:  :victorious:

Been a bit quiet lately, but still working hard. Completed 3 sets of 5x20kgs single arm dB row's today which means I am -....- this close to completing my challenge! So excited!