Feowyn's late start

Feowyn

Well, crap. I got my dates mixed up and I thought the challenge started this week. Last challenge I did really well in the beginning and kind of dropped off, but I'm still happy I got as far as I did.

Main goal: Get up to a healthy weight- I've been a shrimp all my life and Steve convinced me I don't have to live this way forever.

The plan:

eat.jpg

womens_strength_training.jpg Water-Diet.jpg

Goal 1: 1800 calories a day

I know this isn't a huge amount, but for my size I think it will work. If I do this consistently, I'll probably bump it up a bit for the next one.

Goal 2: Strength training 5x a week

I've found that 5 shorter, muscle group focused workouts go better for me than three whole body workouts 

inspired by James Grage's Rewired

Goal 3: 6-8 cups of water a day

I have several reasons to keep this in check and make sure I'm getting enough.

I had decent gains last challenge so I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can get this time.
  • Like 1

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM   

Welcome to the party!  What do you do to keept track of your water intake?  Any tricks for making sure you get enough every day?  I recommend straws...

280b4435e1b1e9ff1765f5de8c6217d7.jpg

• Like 4

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

How is your challenge going?  I didn't give myself nearly enough water yesterday and felt it.  I also notice I eat a lot more than I should on days when I'm not hydrating well.

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long. I guess getting ready for a yard sale and a birthday party the same week makes things a little crazy. 

I haven't been tracking my food as much, but I have become pretty good at estimating how much I need. I'm guessing maybe 4 days for sure last week.   

The workouts are great. I really like them and I rarely want to miss. I feel much better in the morning when I do them the night before. I get the kids to bed, then while hubby and I are watching our show for the night (currently Hawaii Five-0 season 2) I do my workout and then I drink my shake while finishing the episode. I had a little weight gain last week so I should be back to my first goal by the end of this week.  

The water...not great. I have a 33 oz bottle that I fill so roughly 1.5 times gets me what I need, but I usually only drink it the last half of the day. I really don't like the way water tastes in the morning so I do orange juice for breakfast and not much else until lunch. By dinner, especially if it's salty or spicy, I can easily drink my whole bottle. Maybe I'll start setting alarms on my phone? idk  

This is a big step for me, but I'm actually not drowning in despair of not being perfect. I'm making slow progress, but it is progress so I'm excited. Sometimes my goals seem so far away but if I keep inching in that direction I have to get there eventually right?

• Like 3

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long. I guess getting ready for a yard sale and a birthday party the same week makes things a little crazy. 

I haven't been tracking my food as much, but I have become pretty good at estimating how much I need. I'm guessing maybe 4 days for sure last week.   

The workouts are great. I really like them and I rarely want to miss. I feel much better in the morning when I do them the night before. I get the kids to bed, then while hubby and I are watching our show for the night (currently Hawaii Five-0 season 2) I do my workout and then I drink my shake while finishing the episode. I had a little weight gain last week so I should be back to my first goal by the end of this week.  

The water...not great. I have a 33 oz bottle that I fill so roughly 1.5 times gets me what I need, but I usually only drink it the last half of the day. I really don't like the way water tastes in the morning so I do orange juice for breakfast and not much else until lunch. By dinner, especially if it's salty or spicy, I can easily drink my whole bottle. Maybe I'll start setting alarms on my phone? idk  

This is a big step for me, but I'm actually not drowning in despair of not being perfect. I'm making slow progress, but it is progress so I'm excited. Sometimes my goals seem so far away but if I keep inching in that direction I have to get there eventually right?

There's so much awesomeness in this post...

Glad you're doing so well with your food and workout goals, especially with all the business you've got going on.

Also, the last part, about perfection: can you teach me please?

• Like 1

Jedi Knight - Current ChallengeBattle Log - Epic Quest

There's so much awesomeness in this post...

Glad you're doing so well with your food and workout goals, especially with all the business you've got going on.

Also, the last part, about perfection: can you teach me please?

All of this!  So good!

I find that unless I workout in the morning I don't get as much water in before lunch.  I get a LOT of water in when I do my kettlebell stuff!  I've heard of some people putting lemon or lime in their water, even apple slices and cinnamon to make the taste better.  Maybe that could help?  I also fail to get enough water when I don't keep my bottle in sight.  Out of sight out of mind is very true for me...

Great job staying positive!

Quick update for last week- total chaos, the end.

Ok so maybe not that quick, I highly recommend never trying to prepare for a birthday party 2 days after you've spend the last 2 weeks sorting through everything you own for a yard sale. It was a community sale, so we had no choice on the dates. The house was a disaster with bins and crates and clothes everywhere. Yesterday, I got up at 5 and didn't really rest until party time at 7.  In summary last week was crap. I did manage I think 3 workouts? Other than that, bah. Down a pound but hoping to get back up to the goal I hit last challenge by the end of this one. Good news- birthday season is over, no more kids' birthdays until next Feb. I do enjoy them and we had a fun night, but I put so much work and stress on myself, it's ridiculous. So yay for regular life.

At least when you get your house back in order you'll be rid of some of the yard sale stuff.  I'm not a fan of that feeling, though, after spending all day to get ready for something only to have the fun part fly by... and then spend all night cleaning it up.  This week's adventure mini is rest - I think that's timely.

You're doing well - three workouts last week is nothing to shake a stick at!

Ok wow, so things really fell apart this time. I basically stopped everything. I don't really have a specific reason why, I just stopped. Good news is though, I still tried to eat decently even though I wasn't tracking and gained about a pound in the last 3 weeks. I can't complain, really. Do I wish I had better discipline? Do I wish I was farther than I am? Do I wish I would complete a full challenge? Yes, a frustrated yes. I see things differently now. I don't see my past as failure because I have gained about 10 lbs total. It's been horribly slow, but I am moving the right direction. Since I know I can succeed for a week or two, I just have to plan better and commit and go longer next time. I will be writing up my new challenge post soon.

Hey Feowyn!  So glad to hear that you're able to see all the positive stuff you've done since starting this journey.  Sometimes it is easy to get so focused on what we DIDN'T do that we miss all that we've accomplished.  Congratulations on putting on 10 pounds total!  I think the fact that even though you "fell apart" you were still mindful of how you were eating is a huge success.

Zec 4:10 "For who hath despised the day of small things? "