Schnln01's adventure begins

schnln01

Hello! I am schnln01 and this is my first challenge and first time posting here at Nerd Fitness. I am looking to change my lifestyle and could really use some accountability to keep me from slacking. I need to set up some sort of fitness routine because I tend to be fairly inactive. And I need to find a good diet plan that I can stick to and that agrees with my digestive system. Between my lactose intolerance and my lack of a gallbladder I tend to have digestion problems every day, sometimes I can eat something and be totally fine and other times eating the exact same thing can make me violently ill, so I've had trouble figuring out what I can and can't eat.

Main Quest: Loose 100 lbs. I am currently at 220 lbs, so 120 would be me right in the middle of my recommended weight range.

Quest 1: Reduce soda consumption from a couple of cans a day to one every other day over the course of 6 weeks. Going cold turkey makes me ill, so I want to slowly phase soda drinking out.

Quest 2: Increase water consumption to at least 8 cups a day over the course of 6 weeks. Right now I'm really inconsistent, some days I'll have more than 8 cups and other days I'll have 0 cups.

Quest 3: Get moving. Do some form of exercise 3 times a week. I'm going to start attempting the beginner body weight workout.

Life Quest: Improve to mind and spirit as well as the body, starting with working on and completing ADF's Initiate Program.

Motivation: To be there for my child as long as possible and to be the best me I can be for her and my husband.

• Like 1

MyFitnessPal - FitBit - NF Character

Challenges: 1

239lbs to 120lbs

0%
0%

Hey Schnln01, great quests! wishing you the best of luck! Im gonna follow cause I have similar stomach issues. On top of the lactose intolerance and lack of gallbladder, I have a small hiatal hernia and gluten sensitivity. I was on two nexium a day with major acid reflux, until I cut out the gluten. After I did that I no longer take the nexium (unless I eat a lot of spicy stuff :P ) Cutting out the pop will help too! So I am rooting for ya! 

Assassin - (race to be determined at a later date)

Current Challenge  4  3, 2, 1 Accountability 1 Assassin Initiates 

Thanks! Ouch, that's a lot to deal with all at once. I'm going to try eliminating dairy completely, even my Lactaid milk, and try to cut down or eliminate the breads and pastas, replace them with more veggies and maybe some fruit. I'm going to try some paleo recipes, but I'm hesitant about going high fat without a gallbladder and with a spouse with heart issues. I'll root right back for you!

• Like 1

MyFitnessPal - FitBit - NF Character

Challenges: 1

239lbs to 120lbs

0%
0%