• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Master Blackhawke

Adventurer Confessional

Forgive me Yoda, for I have sinned... Fell off the sugar wagon yesterday but am back on track today and I will stick to my challenge goals! To reiterate my goals to remind my tired brain:

1. Avoid candy jars by keeping healthy snacks!

2. Stretch my body periodically throughout the day!

3. Tell myself that I am blessed and worth the hard work - and mean it!

4. Do my daily Duo-lingo language lessons - French AND German!

Other than the sugar thing, I have kept up everyplace else!

Nerds Rule! Happy Wednesday! :pirate:

• Like 1

Forgive me Yoda, for I have sinned.

I have eaten steak.  It was contrary to my goals.  It was pepper crusted and garlicky and oh so tender.  I do not regret this.  But I acknowledge it.  

I have roasted of the brussels sprouts and I have boiled of the eggs, so I will not be tempted by the leftovers.  There will be steak salads, oh Yoda.  But not for me.  Not today, Yoda, not today.

• Like 1

04/23/15 Ok, Yoda... I looked at the jelly beans in the jar... but I didn't physically remove the lid to have any, so that's at least a step in the right direction! I had a Kavli flatbread cracker with some cashew butter instead.

Oh, and I dropped the French lessons but kept the German language lessons.

Up, up, and awaaayyyy!

4/25/15

Forgive me Yoda for I really did myself in last night! Birthday party + pizza + lactose intolerance + high fat salad dressing + cupcakes = a rough night. Started to undo the damage today by taking a very long walk in a local park with lots of varying terrain and did my nerd fit routine in a grassy field. Nice way to begin a Saturday morning... I am doing lots of veggies and warm soup today to give my digestion a rest.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner! My username on Duolingo is Revkhyler, I think. I'm used to logging on via my Kindle. I will confirm that and let you know for sure. I did a lot better at German so I have decided to go with that instead. There are several German speakers at work to practice with. 

4/27/15 

I flubbed it today so I put in extra time at the gym and walked and moved as much as possible. My protein balance was off somewhere so my sugar cravings kicked in. Fortunately I had some new almond milk I found this weekend; it has honey in it and it did the trick...for a while. Then I messed up and over-did it on a no no goodie someone had brought in to share with us. My post gym snack was frozen blueberries. 

My answer for today's nerd fit blog was Hawkeye, for tomorrow I have another chance to redeem myself. What was your superhero Avenger?

• Like 1

Caught Lord Helix on Duolingo! Study on, my lingo friend! I Love your lingo point total!

04/29/15: OK, Confessional Time...

I managed to stick to the plan today but I need to rebalance the mix at lunch. I didn't have an energy crash as such but I found myself craving oranges this afternoon. Good thing I packed a couple of those little mandarins today.

Wednesday... less than 48 hours until Friday!

Fell on my hind end today diet wise - chocolate covered coffee beans. That's what I get for staying up too late and not getting enough protein; it's my own damn fault! I admit it. Ah well, tonight I will add in more meditation time with my Tai Chi and do my body weight exercises with extra vigor.

But I will dust myself off right now, tell myself that I love myself and that I forgive myself, and I will get a long cold drink of water and strive to do better from this moment on! That is how we prosper... Now to work on living long, eh? ;-)

I will say this, however... The coffee beans were the only caffeine I had today. I tried a really great cinnamon herb tea that was fantastic.

• Like 1

I've found that the later we stay up, the less willpower we have to avoid unhealthy food. Also, about staying inside.

I can spend an entire day walking and running, not thinking about snacks, but as soon as i get home, i know i can grab a bag of chips. Especially if its right infront of me and its 11 PM. 

• Like 1

Chips and salsa are my downfall, hands down. Sigh... I try not to have them in my house or I will forsake good food for quick, salty and crunchy...

05/01/15 I stayed on track today. My snack tonight was a large chunk of watermelon... so glad summer is here and fresh berry and veggie season is upon us. Going to do some strawberry picking in the next few weeks as soon as the local varieties are available.

05/02/15 Felt low and depressed today so I took a nap and a long walk and didn't think much about the food goals. Just feeling like I am fighting off a bug and am going through a lot of Clementine oranges. Did my language lessons and a stretch and balance routine. Off to bed early after a hot bath with Epsom salts.

Hey, sorry to hear you've beeing feeling down. Force yourself to do something productive, instead of thinking how blue you're feeling... Maybe a change in your surroundings could help a little and fix your mood? Hanging out with someone, training together? 
For me, when i am feeling down, and need to get out of that mood, i try to do everything super fast - that keeps my mind super busy: Like quick shower, running to throw the garbage, going to the grocery to buy one item that i don't need, just so that i have something "productive" to do. :D

• Like 1

Appreciate the support... Figured out I'm trying to fend off a cold so I'm spending today eating on the light side with lots of soup and Vitamin C laden food. Seems to help; not having to miss any work from it... Thanks for the support... :) I don't stay down long, it's in my nature to be really upbeat and positive...

05/04/15 Monday 10AM PST

I used the Captain America thinking today when somebody brought out birthday cake and thinking that way worked. Instead of saying or thinking "I can't eat that, it isn't on my diet" I thought instead like a Peaceful Warrior and asked if this fit into the greater good for my overall well-being and I said "I don't eat cake, but thanks for offering; it looks really great. You did a nice job on it." (As Master Yoda said, Do or Do Not; there is no Try!)

I made homemade guacamole last night and brought it in to work today to give us an alternative to all of the sweets. Dang, it got lovely, garlicky and nice and spicy after setting up overnight! Woo hoo, this gal done good today!

Still have most of the day to go, but I have confidence and faith that all is well and that I am doing and will continue to do fantastic today. I don't just survive, my friends; I THRIVE! ;-)

Come on Monday, I'm ready for ya!

• Like 1

Forgot to answer your question, Lord Helix - Sorry! :(

An EVP is Electronic Voice Phenomenon, the catching of ghost voices on a handheld voice recorder. I use an application on my Kindle as well as a hand-held recorder for back-up.

See Ya Later! :)

TravelerK

05/08/15 TGIF!!! We made it to Friday!!!!

Another fantastic weigh-in this morning... I'm down at the lowest I've been in YEARS. I still have 55 pounds to go but I can do it! That, and coworkers have all agreed to stop bringing in sweets and candy so we can better help one another. Bonus! Have a great weekend!

05/09/15 I started training today for an upcoming 5k walk for charity I am committing myself to do in August. It's our town's first and hopefully not the last, and the theme is 1970's. Time to figure out a costume that I can speed walk comfortably in. Sounds like fun to me, and I found a friend who was willing to walk it with me. Ate light most of the day. Not too hungry for some reason.

Forgive me Yoda, for I messed up a little bit this week... It was tasty and it was barbequed pork but there was no excuse for me to eat THAT much of it. Fortunately I didn't gain anything from it other than some protein and a stomach ache.

TGIF! I'll check back in next week! Have a great weekend, everybody.

Oh, and cross training to do a 5K walk is going splendidly. I just have to work on going uphill a little bit more and put some speed into my bum and my legs.

05/15/15 Friday

Yoda - Okay, so I haven't been checking in... No excuses.

Gained some good muscle this week and am toning up for a change, though it's been a rough week for too many reasons to count. It's all good. Over my cold, caught up on my rest, and conditioning my legs for an upcoming Humane Society fun walk.

If I don't check in sooner, have a great weekend.

Signed,

The Traveler

• Like 1

June challenge update:

Went out for brunch with a friend and did some clothes shopping afterwards; she's in the plus side stores and I came to the realization that I have officially lost enough weight and gotten to a healthier point so that those places no longer have my size. I could have cried, I was so happy and relieved. Down 1.87 lbs this week and seeing fierce warrior abs emerging. Woo hoo!!

Stuck to the program pretty well this week.

Hope everybody's week goes well...

Long live the Nerds!

• Like 1

06/19/15 TGIF...

I finally allowed a neighbor to take a photo of me... I'm down to 211!!! Yeah, baby, my goal is gettin' closer! Me so happy! (But I am so sick of some of the salad mixes that I'm ready for some good old Kale and Spinach...)

(I posted the photo in my gallery... :onthego:)

Here's to week two of our challenge being over! This too we can do! (Though I was up too late a few nights, contrary to one of my goals to be in bed earlier... Oops...)