Master Blackhawke

Adventurer Confessional

To reiterate my current goals:

1. Get to bed earlier;

2. Gym Fit - Home or Gym - Just Do It!

3. 10 minutes of nightly quiet time;

4. Wear sunscreen!

plus

5. Be better about keeping up with my ministry blog...

It's been a good week - here's to the weekend!

Forgive me Yoda, this Jedi knight has really overdone it lately. But it is not too late to do something about it to get back on track, fortunately. The annual physical showed promise and I am still seeing progress, but it has been the summer of carbs, my friends. To offset that, however, I have taken in two playful kittens who inspire me to get up, stretch, play, and in general move around at an earlier hour of the morning.

Welcome to September.

Didn't do too bad today... managed to stay away from several office 'temptation stations' and had grapes instead of co-worker birthday cake.  Also found the best mini-workout - it's called playing on the floor with two lively kittens...

Happy Thursday....

Fell off the wagon big time these last few weeks...

but I am forgiving myself, I'm owning up to it, and I'm back in action! The Jedi shall rise again...

To borrow and adapt a variation of Obi Wan Kenobi's phrase:

Yes, I was struck down - and I will become more powerful because of it!

Started doing old fashioned warm-up and conditioning exercises at home and chased kittens around with a toy mouse for cardio last night. Nothing causes a kitten more curiosity than a human being doing leg lifts and push-ups and doing a proper plank. Did you know that lunges and squats were made for petting kittens? That's what THEY told me, anyway...

Meow.... and Happy Halloween, if I don't check in sooner!

RE: Challenges... I'm at a point where it's a day to day thing for me, not the 6-week ones anymore. I'm trying the Mini Habits thing for a while and working back up to the six week challenge. It's what I can do one day at a time, one breath at a time, one moment at a time that will help me most right now... But thanks for the comments, anyway. We are here to support each other, after all...

:redface:

OK, HERE GOES...

Sorry Yoda, I blew it.

I didn't go on Nerd Fitness for a while and I got sidetracked in my Adventurer Quest to get rid of my 'spare tire' and put on a little muscle.

But I'm back and training strong and steady, and each day is a new opportunity.

I remind myself every morning that on a Quantum Physics field I am unlimited potential and I am creator of my day.

This Traveler is back on track and feelin' mighty fine!

I'll be in on the next challenge... Just now I'm refocusing and getting back on the path.

7/28 Thursday - My Confession: 

Wrecked it last night with WAY too much sugar. Bad, bad, bad! I am paying for it today.... Mindless Eating and Depression do NOT make great companions. 

But I have confidence that goes beyond faith that says I can do better, and I am doing better today, and I will do even better tomorrow!

On 7/27/2016 at 11:54 AM, TravelerK said:

I am having some frustration with my new tablet, however. But my Mussar virtue of the week is Patience (AAAARRRGH!) after all, so...  

Wait...you're doing Mussar?! I'm reading about it & want to start! How long have you been studying it?

• Like 1

9-19-16: REBOOT, RESTART... DEEP SIGH ... I CAN DO THIS...

Decided to go to reset mode. Decided to treat today as if I've never done this before, so I spent the weekend getting re-fired up. I have brand new snazzy New Balance exercise shoes, so I have no excuse! No malcontent allowed, just laughter and self-acceptance - and self-love that does not involve carbs! :);)

7/11/18

Nothing to forgive this time, Master Yoda - but I am indeed guilty of relocating the donut box here at work to a location where I can't smell or see it! It perplexed a few co-workers, so I was honest with them and told them I'm trying to eat and live healthier and donuts were not in my food plan. The office candy dish I was once guilty of resupplying with tasty little Asian candies is now full of herbal tea.

One step at a time, one breath at a time!

grey jedi.png

• Like 1