I didn't fall off the wagon

I've been working on my diet and excersize routine for the past month or so. Today was one of those days that would have previously ejected me from the wagon. But I didn't!

I go to Yoga every Friday evening and it's a corner stone of my new lifestyle, aka EXTREMELY important to me. Today my instructed was surprise replaced with a brand new instructor (one of his first classes) and it turned out to be a pretty bad experience for me. I was actually tearing up at some point through the class. Former me would have walked out half way through or sat on my butt and meditated instead of participating. But I didn't! I completed the whole class regardless of how I felt. Success number 1

Old me also would have ate my way through my feelings while writing a HORRIBLE letter to the yoga studio, but I did neither. I ate the meal I had planned on eating and focused my energy on being thankful for the class and on forgiving the instructor (the poor guy was probably super nervous). So now I feel great and have no bad vibes going into the weekend. Success number 2!!

• Like 2

Thist

Level 1 Human Assassin Warrior Ranger?

Take care of your body, it's the only place you have to live ~ Jim Rohn

Current Challenge

Push Up Progress: 0/7

Today my instructed was surprise replaced with a brand new instructor (one of his first classes) and it turned out to be a pretty bad experience for me.

I... focused my energy on being thankful for the class and on forgiving the instructor (the poor guy was probably super nervous).

As an instructor/trainer of many years, I can say with absolute certainty: we ALL sucked in the beginning!  And we were all super nervous; stage fright isn't something one gets over quickly or easily.  But, that being said, as a new instructor (& even still today) I ask my students & clients for constant feedback so I can improve.  I mean, it's their workout so I want them to be happy with what I bring for them to do!  If you see the new instructor again, definitely give him specifics on what you liked or didn't.  And even better, give him suggestions as to what you find helpful in a good yoga class.

But good for you for sticking it out!  Not quitting FTW!

High Elf-Rakshasa Assassin | LVL 16 | STR: 18 | DEX: 11 | STA: 13 | CON: 6 | WIS: 18 | CHA: 19