Sunday October 21

Breakfast (woke up at 1pm for the record): 3 cups coffee black

Snack: piece of cake

Snack: a cheese stick and some turkey slices

Candy: gummi candies and a chocolate crunch ball? I can't really remember. Definitely the gummi candies though.

Dinner: fried rice (inspired by this recipe but not made for WW). It was white rice, Morningstar fake ground beef, 2 eggs, sesame oil and soy sauce, garlic, spices, peas

Pedometer: 531 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. I can't remember my excuse.

I watched "Dance Moms" while catching up on Cracked and thought, look how productive I am! Look. How. Productive. I. Am.

Monday October 22

Breakfast: 3 cups coffee black, egg with spinach

Lunch: fried rice from yesterday

Snack: bought some SunChips. Damn. BUT I have made a great new rule for myself, I will only eat chips if those chips are green SunChips. If you trust the Google search, the last time I had green SunChips was June 2011. They're surprisingly difficult to find. And they're always the only one I want. So. New rule.

Snack: glass iced coffee

Snack: bowl of grapes

Snack: the rest of the Sunchips

Babysitting experience: when I got there the girls were ready for bed. They're usually eating when I get there, so the parents offer me food, and this time they said "we had a birthday party - there's cupcakes and cake." I ate none (this is post-SunChips binge). Then when they got back she had pizza leftovers - "are you hungry? Do you want any?" Me - "No, I accidentally bought some chips today so I can't eat anything." Then while I was leaving, the dad said "they went trick-or-treating at the office today, did they show you? Two bags full. You want some?" Me - "haha." Grandma - "No, really, give her some." Me - "no! My house is full of bad food!" And then I ran away to catch the rest of the debate.

Pedometer: 6572 steps, 2366 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. At babysitting.

Tuesday October 23

Breakfast: 2 1/2 cups coffee black, egg with spinach

Lunch: salad (lettuce, mushroom, onion, raisins, 6 cherry tomatoes, FF Honey Dijon dressing) You know where I got that lettuce from? A LETTUCE HEAD! Can you believe it? Actually pulled it off a lettuce. They were on sale for 50 cents.

Snack: baby apple with PB, bowl of grapes

Dinner: 2 plates of fried rice

Snack: bowl Honey Nut Cheerios and milk

Pedometer: 5432 steps, 1111 aerobic steps.

Workout: 41 min "Calorie Burnout with Cathy Syphers."

Wednesday October 24

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee black, egg with spinach

Snack: 1/2 a plain bagel with minimal strawberry cream cheese, and about one gulp of coffee with a half&half but I felt sick

Lunch: salad (lettuce, mushroom, onion, raisins, 6 cherry tomatoes, FF Honey Dijon dressing)

Dinner: 1 plate / last of the fried rice, a whole can of chicken noodle soup

Pedometer: 9261 steps, 5208 aerobic steps.

Workout: "Pilates Power with Tonya Nettles." It was fine. I never know how to feel about pilates/yoga. It's fine. It doesn't feel all the way like a workout.

I'm pretty sure I'm in love with the guy on the 1000 page tumblr I'm powering through. This is me yesterday:

I watched "Dance Moms" while catching up on Cracked and thought, look how productive I am! Look. How. Productive. I. Am.

Him:

This has been a productive day:

bought song of ice and fire boxset

finally found the graphic novel section at my library (harder than it sounds)

made an awesome stew

bought fringe season 1 boxset

started the latest Raymond E. Feist book

it felt like i’d done more before I started making this list

how did this take me like 9 hours

Tagged: did I black out in the middle of the afternoon?.

I also found this site on the tumblr,

Click here

Type in your name

Find out your name’s anagram

Mine: THE HOT, SATANISM ANARCHISM

What? But it starts with "hot," so okay.

Thursday October 25

Breakfast: 2 1/2 cups coffee with milk, egg with tomato

Lunch: salad (lettuce, mushroom, onion, raisins, 6 cherry tomatoes, FF Honey Dijon dressing)

Drinks: vodka/club soda/fizz flavor

Dinner: 1/2 chicken breast with garlic, spices, BBQ sauce; and boxed flavored mashed potatoes

Pedometer: 6441 steps, 1460 aerobic steps.

Workout: 41 min "Calorie Burnout with Cathy Syphers."

I cut myself while cutting up my apple. Is this the price of health?!

“Jogging is the worst Chris. I know it keeps you healthy but, god at what cost?!”

-- Ann Perkins, Parks and Recreation

Friday October 26

Breakfast: 2 coffee with milk, egg with tomato

Drinks out: 3 Bacardi Oakheart + Coke's, 1 jello shot

Dinner out: 1/2 of "Irish nachos," which was "house made potato chips smothered with melted cheeses, and topped with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream." No meat because that was $4 extra

Snack: Special K granola bar (110 cal, 3g fat, 7g sugar, 4g protein)

Pedometer: 6441 steps, 1460 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. I probably wouldn't have worked out today no matter how the day had gone, since I was tired, but how it did go was - work at 830, out at 1230, school til 5, friend says she'll meet me there at 5/515, actually comes at 540, dinner/drinks, basketball game, left at 950, home much later because of traffic.

Saturday October 27

Breakfast: 3 cups coffee with milk, 1 with 2 scoops of a hot chocolate mix. Oatmeal (1/2 c water, 1/2 c milk, 1/2 c oats) with a very big spoon on PB

Snack: bowl of grapes

Dinner: 1/2 chicken breast with garlic, spices, BBQ sauce; and boxed flavored mashed potatoes

Snack: bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and milk

Snack: glass of apple juice. Stomach feeling icky lately.

Pedometer: 475 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: none.

Sunday October 28

Breakfast: 3 cups coffee with milk, 1 with 2 scoops of a hot chocolate mix, baby apple with PB

Snack: small bowl / last of grapes

Snack: cheese stick

Snack: Special K granola bar (110 cal, 3g fat, 7g sugar, 4g protein)

Dinner: 1/2 chicken breast with garlic, BBQ sauce; and boxed flavored mashed potatoes

Snack: bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and milk

Pedometer: 755 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

From THE tumblr:

tumblr_lxxm2i0P131r9w3tqo1_500.png

"defines every weekend for me……."

Tagged: GPOY SO MUCH.

This weekend... I watched 5 Grimm's (5 hrs), 2 movies (say 4 hrs), 1 movie to sleep to, Alphas (1 hr), Once Upon a Time (1 hr) and last week's comedies (3 hrs). 14 exactly! Plus whatever I watch in my last hour before sleep. Nailed it!

Monday October 29

Breakfast: 3 coffee with milk, egg with tomato

Lunch: salad (lettuce, mushroom, onion, 6 cherry tomatoes, FF Honey Dijon dressing)

Dinner: at makeup class. 1 piece of mushroom pizza, 1 piece cheese pizza

Snack: baby apple with PB

Snack: cheese stick. I'm still hungry but it's too late to keep eating.

Snacked on some raisins when I made tomorrow's salad.

And today marks one full week that I haven't eaten candy. I did it in penance / calorie makeup for last Monday, when I ate an entire bag of Sunchips. I did not do it to feel better / look better / sleep better / have more energy, but I admit I'm surprised none of those things happened. Maybe a week just isn't enough to feel a difference after eating so much sugar so often, but I am surprised. Either way - great job me!

Pedometer: 6357 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. Today was a very long day. Alarm at 7, decided to sleep until because tired from a "natural" sleeping thing I took (parents sent it), school at 10, class, babysitting, back to school for a makeup class, grocery store, parents call. Then just sat and internet-ed and tried to force myself to do the bare minimum self and house-wise. Tomorrow will be a long one too, and I won't get back until after 9 on my big return to candy day.

Tuesday October 30

Breakfast: 3 coffee with milk, egg with tomato

Lunch: 1 piece of Domino's pepperoni pizza

Snack: mini M&M's - prof brought Halloween candy!

Dinner: at babysitting. Broccoli and Kraft mac n cheese (I have a no mac n cheese at the apartment rule, but I don't think that would apply to babysitting situations.) Then I had a piece of pita bread with hummus (homemade?) which I shoved down my gullet very quickly because I'm always afraid they'll come home while I'm eating.

Dessert: I discovered my cake had mold on it (from Sept 26) and very, very seriously considered cutting it out and eating the cake anyway. I didn't though - and had another tupperware of it in the freezer. Instead, I had a giant cookie and some frog-shaped gummies

Pedometer: 4858 steps, 1173 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. Left the house at 8:30AM, home at 9:30PM.

I'm so tired lately guys. This has been two very long days, but I'm never this completely-shut-down tired. When I get home it's all I can do to wash the make up off my face and wash the dishes I'll need the next day, and I only do those things because they're critical. I don't know what it is. I'm physically exhausted, and it's so cold inside, and the wind is so loud, and I just want to lay down and curl up and just sit there.

Wednesday October 31 HALLOWEEN

Breakfast: 3 coffee with milk, egg

Lunch: 1 piece cheese pizza, 1 piece pepperoni pizza. Yes, that means I've eaten pizza every day this week. Wow. I'll go on a little pizza break now.

Dinner: Applebee's. I had half the chips & salsa (probably less) and an entree of Chipotle Chicken Fajitas - there were three. I used up all the toppings, the sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and cheese, and all the chicken with cheese on it, but probably only 1/2 or 1/3 of the other things in the fajita plate.

Candy: the rest of the gummi frogs, and just a couple gummi pumpkins before it all felt like too much

Pedometer: 7390 steps, 2535 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. Left at 9:30AM, home at 10PM. For fun reasons though - we went to FOUR stores to find costumes, and then the Applebee's (and once we decided to reschedule the haunted house for another night, we lounged at the Applebee's).

Killing it lately:

-- I finally took a shower, after dreaming last night that I saw a boy and said "he's cute, how does he feel about girls that don't shower?"

-- The shirt I wore to bed I put on backwards.

Thursday November 1 WELL, IT'S NOVEMBER

Breakfast: 3 coffee with milk, egg

Lunch: salad (lettuce, mushroom, onion, 6 cherry tomatoes, raisins, FF Honey Dijon dressing)

Snack: energy drink, which said 0 cal, 0 sugar

Snack: fun size Twizzlers

Snack: baby apple with PB, piece of cake, gummi pumpkin candies

Dinner: 1/2 chicken breast with garlic, BBQ sauce; and boxed flavored mashed potatoes

Pedometer: 4696 steps, 1189 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. Excuse? The tiredness, maybe. I don't know. This has really been an exhausting week for some reason. Although when I thought "I'm probably too tired to workout today," I was also smacked in the face with the memory of last Thanksgiving when my grandmother yelled "Look! Sammy's gained weight!" over and over, and no one would stop her, and then I think someone finally did say something and she apologized along the lines of "Sorry, I only said it because you've gained weight." The 'apology' is paraphrased, the "Sammy's gained weight!" is not, and now it's all I hear.

Friday November 2

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee with milk, egg with tomato

Snack: at babysitting she made "berry soup," which I think was just frozen berries simmered on the stove

Lunch: Einstein's bagels. No-whip pumpkin latte (I can't find info online for not ordering nonfat milk, which I didn't) and a blueberry muffin (370 cal, 22g fat, 37g sugar). I credit Einstein's for categorizing their muffins as "sweets."

Snack: small bowl of grapes, cheese stick

(What Will Probably End Up Being) Dinner: chips and salsa

Snack: a chocolate-covered Oreo and a crunchy chocolate ball

Pedometer: 1901 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. Excuse: none.

Drinking related posts from The Tumblr:

tumblr_mbaiatmrlm1qm1s1mo1_500.png

Tagged: tbh how i respond to people who don't drink, of whom I have met one (not including recovering alcoholics and kids).

tumblr_mc14540twM1r1rhh2o1_250.giftumblr_mc14540twM1r1rhh2o2_250.gif

tumblr_mc14540twM1r1rhh2o3_250.giftumblr_mc14540twM1r1rhh2o4_250.gif

Saturday November 3

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee with milk

Snack: 2 chocolate-covered Oreo's

Drinks: I think it came down to 6 1/2 beers each

At the game: I had 1/2 of the nachos we ate, which was probably 1/2 of the nachos there. There was chips (too few), some kind of meat, white cheese, jalepenos... not sure.

Dinner: a Morningstar burger with BBQ sauce and the last of the boxed flavored mashed potatoes

Dinner Cont'd: chips and salsa

Snack: 2 chocolate-crunch balls

Pedometer: 407 steps, 0 aerobic steps. I don't wear it to the game.

Sunday November 4

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee with milk, baby apple with PB

Snack: big chocolate pretzel

Lunch: bowl of grapes, cheese stick, 4 slices turkey

Snack: the rest of the chips and salsa, the rest of a bag of gummis

Dinner: 1/2 chicken breast (spray) with ketchup, cauliflower (with the brocolli recipe)

I think that was it?

Pedometer: 712 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. Can't remember excuse. The upcoming week will also be a NO workout week.

Killing It:

-- Despite weekend sleeping and doing nothing but TV, I needed a nap at 10:30PM.

-- I cut my finger again while cutting up the cauliflower.

-- But at least...

i've noticed a considerable decline in hangovers as a result...

I'm too young for hangovers! And this from a girl who feels mid-30's most of the time.

Monday November 5

Breakfast: 3 cups coffee with milk, egg with tomato

Lunch: 1 piece pepperoni pizza, 1 piece cheese pizza. I know. I was supposed to be on a pizza break. I really don't even eat pizza that much. But I just COULD. NOT. STAND. the thought of eating my salad. It's winter, dammit, salad is OUT.

Snack: cup of coffee, piece of cake, SnoCaps

Dinner: 1/2 chicken breast, cauliflower, sweet potato fries, ketchup

Snack: rest of the SnoCaps

Pedometer: 5856 steps, 1229 aerobic steps.

Killing It:

-- Promised myself I'd shower tonight, didn't.

-- Planned/drank coffee/stayed up late to work on my paper tonight, only got through 1 1/2 cases.

-- Got a pity email from someone it sucked to get it from.

Tuesday November 6 VOTE!

Lunch: chicken noodle soup. Part of my 3-step plan to eventually make my own.

Snack: fun sized Milky Way

Snack: coffee with 1 creamer

Dinner: at babysitting. Broccoli, salad (lettuce, tomato, avocado, celery and carrots I picked off, a dressing that I think was just oil) and pasta with red sauce (2 servings)

Snack: bowl of grapes, last cookie

Pedometer: 5292 steps, 1157 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. Babysitting, and no working out this week because I have 6000 words due Friday and 0 written.

Killing It:

-- At first I'd spent yesterday feeling sad and today feeling incompetent (why don't I have a job? Why am I wearing jeans with holes worn into them? Why don't I work out? Why did I eat that Milky Way? Why don't I like school? Why don't I read? WHY have I not started that paper?), as happens occasionally.

-- Made myself shower.

-- Turned my pity email into a conversation email.

-- Voted.

And there's a new old president of this great nation. (Brian Williams is hedging his bets... you don't want to be the one that calls the election wrong. We'll see in the mornin'.) Night all.

Wednesday November 7

Lunch: 1/2 can chicken pot pie soup - stage two of my soup plan

Snack: mockingly small mini size Twix

Snack: bowl of grapes, Wheat Thins and Roasted Garlic Hummus, chocolate chips

Drinks: vodka / club soda / fizz flavor. About 1/2 since that was all my vodka.

Pedometer: 4668 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. Also didn't work on my paper, I watched my YT "Watch Later" playlist instead. I managed to finish today's paper goal while at school and just didn't come up with a new one.

Sadness from the tumblr:

tumblr_lil3pv0Fpu1qzpqamo1_500.jpg

The Loneliest Whale in the World.

In 2004, The New York Times wrote an article about the loneliest whale in the world. Scientists have been tracking her since 1992 and they discovered the problem:

She isn’t like any other baleen whale. Unlike all other whales, she doesn’t have friends. She doesn’t have a family. She doesn’t belong to any tribe, pack or gang. She doesn’t have a lover. She never had one. Her songs come in groups of two to six calls, lasting for five to six seconds each. But her voice is unlike any other baleen whale. It is unique—while the rest of her kind communicate between 12 and 25hz, she sings at 52hz. You see, that’s precisely the problem. No other whales can hear her. Every one of her desperate calls to communicate remains unanswered. Each cry ignored. And, with every lonely song, she becomes sadder and more frustrated, her notes going deeper in despair as the years go by.

Just imagine that massive mammal, floating alone and singing—too big to connect with any of the beings it passes, feeling paradoxically small in the vast stretches of empty, open ocean.

It’s sad how many of us can probably relate to this whale.

Thursday November 8

Lunch: 1/2 can chicken pot pie soup

Snack: at a reception. I had a glass of white wine, grapes, maybe 4 squares of colby jack cheese, one piece of white bread, one piece of dark bread, a small spoon of garlic-herb spread and a bit of hummus, a 2/3 medium-hard pretzel stick

Dinner: 2 pieces cheese pizza

Snack: most of a piece of cake, mini bag Sour Patch Kids, chocolate chips

Pedometer: 5370 steps, 1041 aerobic steps.

Schedule complaint: planned to go to a dinner after school, then come home, shower, watch Vampire Diaries, call parents at 9, and study. Instead, (after getting to school at 9), I went to a reception after school until 615, then to the dinner until 730, then s-l-o-w-l-y left with the professor, then drove everyone home, and by this time was far too late to make TVD, so stayed in the car to talk to my friend, then drove home, home at 910, parents call until 10, took at least half an hour to calm down from my mother, then did nothing else all night. Ugh. Went to bed early for early wake up today.

From the tumblr:

tumblr_luf12hzGUF1r6owdro3_250.giftumblr_luf12hzGUF1r6owdro4_250.gif

tumblr_luf12hzGUF1r6owdro5_250.giftumblr_luf12hzGUF1r6owdro6_250.gif

Friday November 9

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee with milk, egg with tomato

Lunch: bowl of grapes, hummus with Wheat Thins, cheese stick

Snack: cup of coffee with milk

Snack: chocolate chips (stress chocolate chips - 3500 of 6000 words down, took on a babysitting job at 630, and starting to worry about how final he wants this draft to be)

Dinner: pre-ate a 1/2 can of chicken dumpling soup (I wasn't hungry right now, but my babysitting kids will have already eaten by the time I get there, and I'm not going to eat a meal of my family's food when I knew in advance that the kids weren't eating)

Snack: the rest of the pumpkin gummies and some weird Tootsie candies (hungry when I got home, but no time for food - home at 11pm, need to write 1000 words by 12)

Pedometer: 2061 steps, 0 aerobic steps

Workout: none. Last day of planned non-workouts, but I'm foreseeing very little for the weekend, as usual.

Today was an extremely long day. Up at 7, babysitting at 830. Home from that at 130 (only babysat until 1230 but they shut my street down for construction), then wrote until 3. Text from other babysitting family about babysitting at 8. I said sure, because the kids go to bed at 8 so I'd just be making sure they're alive and writing my paper. Then she said how about 630, which would mean only 3 hours til I leave, and I would have to feed/get ready for bed/put them to bed, but I still said sure. Back from that at 11. Wrote frantically for an hour. Came in only 500 words short. Realized I had had a 16 hour day when I fell absolutely asleep after 2 sitcoms. Woke up at 2:30 for a phone call from a friend, and again at his second call at 4am.

Saturday November 10

Breakfast: 3 cups coffee black, baby apple with PB

Lunch: Andes candy, bowl of grapes

Dinner: 1/2 can of chicken dumpling soup

Snack: Keebler Fudge Stick, glass of milk, piece of cake

Pedometer: 391 steps, 0 aerobic steps

Workout: none

Time clock: woke up at 8, 9, 11, 1 and 1:30, finally got up at 1:30. And so I was up late. Calls from the same friend as last night at 11:15, 2:09, 2:38, 2:55 and 3:28, which is hopefully the last.

Sunday November 11

Breakfast: 3 cups coffee black, baby apple with PB

Late Lunch/Early Dinner: Morningstar burger with BBQ sauce, cauliflower

Snack: bowl of grapes, LF ice cream sandwich

Snack: hot chocolate, bag of ripoff Teddy Grahams.

Uh, what a hot chocolate fail. My first hot chocolate of the season, too. It was way too much water-to-mix, and just tasted like lightly flavored water. Also, it's literally 79 degrees in my house at the moment and I'm in a skirt and tshirt. Damn. 1st hot chocolate wasted, 2nd will have to make up for it.

Pedometer: 807 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

My angers!

"The Skinny Woman Who Is Beautiful and Toned but Also Gluttonous and Disgusting

Again, I am more than willing to suspend my disbelief for good set decoration alone. One pristine kitchen from a Nancy Meyers movie like “It’s Complicated” compensates for five scenes of Diane Keaton being caught half naked in a topiary. But I can’t suspend disbelief enough, for instance, if the gorgeous and skinny heroine is also a ravenous pig when it comes to food. And everyone in the movie—her parents, her friends, her boss—are all complicit in this huge lie. They constantly tell her to stop eating. And this actress, this poor skinny actress who obviously lost weight to play the likable lead character, has to say things like “Shut up, you guys! I love cheesecake! If I want to eat an entire cheesecake, I will!” If you look closely, you can see this woman’s ribs through the dress she’s wearing—that’s how skinny she is, this cheesecake-loving cow."

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/humor/2011/10/03/111003sh_shouts_kaling#ixzz2BwMzpvtX

Monday November 12

Lunch: at a talk. Chipotle burrito! I guess it was carnitas but they really don't give you a description of what's inside. I tasted cheese. No sour cream, no guac. And did I ever settle whether catering Chipotle's are full-sized or not?

Snack: hummus and (the last of the) Wheat Thins, bowl of grapes, Andes candy

Dinner: 1/2 chicken breast (spray, spices, garlic), BBQ sauce, cauliflower

Snack: bowl Honey Nut Cheerios and milk

Pedometer: 4099 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Sadness of the day, via the tumblr:

"I haven't woken up with a cup of tea by the bed for seven years."

"But that's not what is really being surrendered in a relationship. What you give to someone, when you give him or her your heart, is control over your happiness. Their moods and reactions can dictate absolutely whether you skip out of bed in the morning or are afraid to go home after work. There is no middle ground; the joy is in the surrender."

- A control freak looks for love

Tuesday November 13

Lunch: 1/2 can chicken chipotle soup

Snack: baby apple with PB, 4 slices of turkey and cheese stick, Andes candy, box of Peeps

Snack: hot chocolate with gin (success!) and a chocolate-covered rice krispie

Pedometer: 4745 steps, 2487 aerobic steps.

I read the Josh & Leah reader story today, and felt pretty bad. I'm just so tired though, really.