Monday August 13

Breakfast: 3 cups coffee with milk

Lunch: banana with peanut butter, bag of 100 cal pretzels

Dinner: leftovers night. I had a taco with flour tortilla, Spanish rice, onions and green peppers, chicken with taco seasoning - no cheddar cheese, no sour cream, no salsa. I had two chips with guacamole while I microwaved Chinese food. Then a plate of fried rice and Sesame Chicken.

Snack: fruit salad

Dessert: two homemade pumpkin cookies with frosting. Mmm, they were good. Pumpkin! Fall!

During dinner, my mom said "who else uses the bathroom scale? It's wrong." Is it just me, or is dinnertime not really the right time to bring up that I'm fatter than even I thought I was?

Pedometer: 2348 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: Xtreme lower body.

Also, I copy-paste my breakfast and I've been doing it wrong. I drink my coffee with milk here, not FF creamer.

Tuesday August 14

Lunch: Chinese leftovers. Fried rice with the rest of my Sesame Chicken, some Chicken and Broccoli, broccoli from another night, and an egg roll. It was a lot of food, probably too much food. At least there was a lot of broccoli, though, I probably had broccoli on every forkful.

Dinner: 1/2 a pork chop (cooked in butter [1 tbsp for all 3 chops], with pepper; sauce was sour cream, onions, mushrooms, 1 tbsp butter, pepper), box stuffing, asparagus with parm cheese, and cranberry sauce. Only one plate. I don't like pork chops, and also I feel so fat lately.

Snack: fruit salad. I wanted the Rice Krispies and chocolate dessert. I wanted the pumpkin cookies. I told myself I'd eat fruit until I was full, and ended up eating the whole thing. It's not small. Then I ate some of the Rice Krispie chocolate dessert, and one or two pumpkin cookies and milk anyway.

Pedometer: 1743 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: Xtreme total body.

Wednesday August 15

Breakfast: 3 cups coffee with milk, yogurt

Snack: banana, too many pretzels

Dinner: one plate salad (spinach, avocado, turkey slices, onions and mushrooms cooked in oil and garlic, eggs, raisins, Salad Toppings, FF croutons, honey dijon dressing). One taco (flour tortilla, Spanish rice, onions and green peppers, chicken with taco seasoning, cheddar cheese, salsa).

Dessert: Some of the Rice Krispie chocolate dessert, one pumpkin cookie and milk

Pedometer: 5407 steps, 3976 aerobic steps.

Workout: Xtreme cardio kickbox.

I made a pretty big mistake today. I ate some dessert about it. I should get up early tomorrow to workout and shower before we drive to another city at noon, but instead I'll be getting up early to watch the last one-and-a-half installments of Hatfields & McCoys.

Thursday August 16

Lunch: Chinese leftovers. The last of the Chicken and Broccoli, and the last couple pieces of Sweet and Sour chicken

Dinner: Thai food. I had Pad Thai with Chicken, and I ate it all night long. About 1/3 at the restaurant at 7pm, and then I ate it until about 11pm.

Pedometer: 2618 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. Watched Hatfields & McCoys, didn't even finish it.

Friday August 17th TRAVEL DAY

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee with FF Coffeemate. Packaged FF vanilla yogurt, cinnamon granola, fruit (strawberries, pineapples, mandarin oranges)

Back at apt: some chocolate candies, one full cookie and many (1 cookie+) cookie crumbs, a mini bag of Cheeze-It mix, the last of the yogurt pretzels (in pieces, but 3 maybe)

Dinner: out with law school friend. Chips and salsa, 4 mozzarella sticks, 2 (or 3) Honey BBQ boneless wings, 2 frozen strawberry-mango margaritas

Pedometer: 5223 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. My vague plan included working out today since I didn't yesterday, but it didn't work out.

Saturday August 18

Breakfast: woke up at 12. There's no food in my apartment. I ate some Special K Fruit and Yogurt from the box, 1/4 cup at the very most. A 3-pack of Milano cookies, a 100-cal bag of brownies, a mini-bag of Reese's minis that melted on the drive up then semi-reconstituted then had to be eaten with a spoon (22g fat, 380 cal, 38g sugar)

A little headache-y and cloudy. It's probably from over sleeping, maybe from the drinks last night, maybe because I didn't have coffee this morning, maybe because I just ate sugar in my first 5 hours of being awake. In any event, to try to solve it: 2 cups iced coffee black, pretzels.

Late dinner: 1/2 can of soup, some pretzels. I ate some chocolate coins and giant Smarties.

Pedometer: 737 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: none.

Sunday August 19

Breakfast: 2 Chuckles candies (I had the other two last night. I don't eat the purple.), 2 cups iced coffee black

Lunch: bag pretzel M&Ms (150 cal, 5g fat, 16g sugar), 2 chocolate coins

Snack: I had about 5 giant Smartie's, a couple chocolate coins, some chocolate-covered raisins that I got for free at a gas station, that taste nothing like raisins and like very bad-quality chocolate, 2 Tootsie candies

Dinner: a 1/2 chicken breast (spray, oil) and Steamfresh veggies tossed with Teriyaki sauce

Snack: I wasn't going to eat after dinner - which was over at 7:30 - but I got too hungry to ignore. I had 4 strawberries with a little vanilla Greek yogurt (1/4 cup or less). Today was a lot more foody than yesterday. Almost like a real day.

Pedometer: 4908 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. Tomorrow.

Monday August 20 First Day of School

Breakfast: 3 cups coffee with milk, egg with canned tomatoes

Lunch: salad (spinach, onion, mushroom, raisins, Lite Sesame Ginger dressing)

Snack: 1 chocolate coin, some bad chocolate covered raisins, Granny Smith apple, Sixlets

Early Dinner: (when I realized I'm clearly hungry, see above) 1/2 chicken breast (spray, oil) and Steamfresh veggies tossed with Teriyaki sauce

Exhausted. Up at 7, out at 9, two classes, several hours of break, one interview, home at 5, ate and internet and fell asleep and woke up at 8 still tired and still hungry.

Snack: 4 strawberries with a little vanilla Greek yogurt (1/2 cup or 2/3)

Snack: 2 cups iced coffee black. Charleston Chew (230 cal, 6g fat, 30g sugar)

Pedometer: 9689 steps, 3002 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. Ugh. Tomorrow?

Tuesday August 21

Lunch: salad (spinach, onion, mushroom, raisins, barely any :( Lite Sesame Ginger dressing)

Snack: chocolate coins, a mini Cow Tail, off-brand Sour Patch Kids, Sixlets

11:30 Snack: milk, 3 pack Milano cookies (180 cal, 10 fat, 11g sugar), Sixlets

Another extremely tiring day, today because of 4 classes (Tues/Thurs schedule). Up at 7, out at 9, four classes, not much break and what I had was used for reading, out at 5, mall, no idea what happened between 6 and 8, but changed the channel at 8 and woke up exhausted at 830.

Pedometer: 6271 steps, 1250 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. I want to feel bad but I'm so tired.

Wednesday August 22

Snack: chocolate chip cookie. They were left out after the Club Fair, which I didn't go to.

Snack: pretzels, 2 chocolate coins, 1/2 bag Pretzel M&Ms

Snack: vodka tonic

Pedometer: 10,546 steps, 8594 aerobic steps. (Walking to a far-away but on-campus non-law interview, for a poorly designed position with people who wouldn't discuss duties, compensation, hours, responsibilities, or expectations. I'm not counting on it.)

Actually studied at the library from 930-5, even though I only had one class + interview. Finished all my reading for tomorrow, so I didn't have to do anything tonight. Drank and watched The Vow.

Thursday August 23

Snack: a mini Milky Way Dark and a mini 3 Muskateers

Snack: small-sized bag of Ruffle's chips, 3 chocolate coins, about 1/2 a bag of off-brand Sour Patch kids

Snack: vodka tonic

Pedometer: 9596 steps, 3874 aerobic steps.

Woke up 40 minutes late, which was okay in terms of getting to class on time but less than ideal for the schedule I want to keep. Four classes, which is a very long day. Felt bad in the afternoon, I'm not really sure why. Maybe because it was just a long day, or I was tired. I'd like to think it wasn't because things are going well for my friends and I'm jealous. I don't think it is. I am happy for them. And their success doesn't reflect on me, we're in different markets, interviewing different firms, and I've only had one interview so far.

Friday August 24

Dinner: the last of the Steamfresh veggies tossed with Teriyaki sauce, and a little chicken, maybe 1/4 of a chicken breast

Snack: the other 1/2 bag of off-brand Sour Patch kids, last mini bag Cheeze It mix, pretzels, cheese stick. Man that's a lot of food, damn.

Pedometer: 6066 steps, 1160 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. Oh self.

Saturday August 25

Breakfast: 5 strawberries with vanilla Greek yogurt (a lot, too much. When I poured it I really wanted it, then I didn't anymore. I should have just put it away.). Special K Fruit and Yogurt from the box

Snack: cheese stick, some chocolate sunflower seeds, 1/2 box Dots

I made chicken, orange peppers, and rice for dinner, then didn't eat it and left it out all night. I hope it's still okay.

Pedometer: 545 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Sunday August 26

Breakfast: 3 cups iced coffee black. A baby apple with peanut butter (1 tbsp at most)

Lunch: small bowl of grapes

Snack: 12? Dots

Dinner: 1/2 chicken breast (spray and spices), orange pepper, white rice

Pedometer: 1053 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

I'm being kept in this weird state of pre-illness. It was reasonable outside, but now it's hitting 90. I keep the air off in my apartment, so it's 86 + open window + a fan pointed directly at my face. Then it's AC-ed but fine at school, and FREEZING at the commons area and my study desk. Any one of those things would probably make me sick. So with my hodgepodge of all of them, I've got the throat/mouth/swallow problems of pre-illness, and some of the snot and sneezing, but no real sickness and no real prospect for getting better (since I'm not really worse).

On Cracked's 23 Apps You Wish You Could Install In Your Brain:

133700.jpg?v=1

Monday August 27

Breakfast: 2 cups iced coffee with milk, egg with canned tomatoes

Lunch: salad (spinach, onion, mushroom, Lite Sesame Ginger dressing)

Snack: chocolate-covered raisins, 7? Dots

Snack: small bowl of grapes, Special K from the box

Pedometer: 7311 steps, 3441 aerobic steps

Workout: none. Morning me wants to (barely), but evening me can't do anything but read online until I fall asleep on the couch.

Tuesday August 28

Snack: 1 chocolate donut hole, 1 mini cookie with blue icing that turned my whole mouth blue

Lunch: salad (spinach, onion, mushroom, Lite Sesame Ginger dressing)

Snack: baby apple with reasonable amount of PB, cheese stick, Dots, chocolate raisins

Pedometer: 5842 steps, 1284 aerobic steps.

In other news, I think the vague sickness I feel might actually be teething. My left backmost is about halfway uncovered, and my right back hurts just the same but I don't see any progress there. I'm not sure if these are wisdom teeth or just back teeth, a lot of my teeth had a slow progression. I might actually have baby teeth still. And I was in the generation that said everyone's wisdom teeth should come out at 18. Not sure who made up that rule but in the moment I'm regretting not following it.

Wednesday August 29

Snack: small Sbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte. I have two meetings with potential babysitting families today, both at Sbucks. And I already drink 3 cups of coffee a day. I was determined to resist the coffee this morning, and practiced, "actually I just finished my morning coffee and any more caffeine would overload my brain!" but then she said I don't know if you're getting a drink but I am, and how would it have made sense to sit at the table and wait for her when this was an interview we were having? So coffee it was. Small though. Not that I'm making excuses - I'm typing so fast right now, you guys.

Lunch: salad (spinach, onion, mushroom, raisins, turkey, Lite Sesame Ginger dressing)

Snack: nothing. I had the second meeting at Sbucks and said "I'm over caffeinated, thanks." It was, as I predicted, awkward. She said she didn't want anything either, and as I was leaving she went back in to buy something. Awkward.

Dinner: 1/2 chicken breast (spray and spices), orange pepper, white rice

Snack: pretzels, chocolate covered sunflower seeds

Pedometer: 7419 steps, 1275 aerobic steps.

Thursday August 30

Lunch: salad (spinach, onion, mushroom, raisins, turkey, Lite Sesame Ginger dressing)

Snack: small bowl of grapes, way too many pretzels. I should have counted them. I was doing so well lately I thought I was okay. :(

Snack: a Clif Energy Gel in Razz (100 cal, 0g fat, 12g sugar). It says it's for "athletes while racing and training," but I'm exhausted from school and not sleeping/not sleeping well, and I'm off to meet a potential babysitting family with three kids, so...

Snack: at babysitting family's house. Coffee with milk, 1 weird cookie, some pineapple

Pedometer: 4812 steps, 1336 aerobic steps.

Friday August 31

Breakfast: 1 cup coffee with milk (next cups were full of grounds), egg with canned tomatoes

Snack: 1 medium Dark Magic Espresso Blend coffee with 1 Coffeemate

Snack: bought a bag of Doritos after I left school, ate maybe half. I ate a few jelly beans (can't decide if I like them or not), 3 Whitman's chocolates from a box (the fourth was coconut)

Snack: 2 slices of turkey, cheese stick

I THINK that's it, but I can't quite remember. I think so though.

Pedometer: 3822 steps, 2587 aerobic steps.

Saturday September 1

Breakfast: apple with PB

Snack: small bowl of grapes

Snack: the rest of the Doritos, the rest of the Special K Fruit and Yogurt with milk, a mini Cow's Tail

Dinner: vodka/tonic/fizz flavor, 1/2 a mint ice cream sandwich, some pieces of chicken and peppers from the stove, about 1/2 cup of apple juice

Pedometer: 637 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Sunday September 2

Breakfast: bowl of vanilla Greek yogurt, PB, and baby apple; 3 cups iced coffee, 2 with milk; chocolate sunflower seeds; 3-pack Milano cookies

Snack: I made three "Wacky Cake" (Depression-era eggless) cupcake, ate one

Snack: felt sick, mini Sprite (140 calories, 0g fat, 38g sugar)

Dinner: <1/2 chicken breast, red peppers, white rice

Pedometer: 642 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Monday September 3

Snack: baby apple with PB, small bowl of grapes, 4 so-melted Andes Candies

Snack: Wacky Cake cupcake, glass of milk

Pedometer: 5363 steps, 1309 aerobic steps.

Workout: XTREME UPPER BODY. CHECK ME OUT YALL!!!!

Pretty of the Day, Nina at Disney World, somehow sweat-free, straight-haired, adorable, and so hot all the time.

Tuesday September 4

Snack: mini Milky Way Dark

Snack: baby apple with PB, pretzels, two Peeps

Snack: Wacky Cake cupcake, glass of milk

Pedometer: 5854 steps, 1355 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. I know, but I'm exhausted. It's sad how tired I am right now, and the thought of getting up the energy to workout, or worse, being this tired tomorrow because I worked out today was just unbearable. I will try for tomorrow and make it a not-Tuesday, not-Thursday schedule.

Pretty of the Day, "I guess somebody's got to do it."

Wednesday September 5

Lunch: out. "Longhorn burger" which is a burger topped with a tomato slice, a thick-cut onion ring, and some kind of sauce that used to be very good and BBQy and is now more tomatoy, on a challah roll. Not all of the fries with ketchup.

Pedometer: 8738 steps, 4295 aerobic steps.

Workout: Xtreme core. I usually complain that I can't feel the core workouts, but this felt. It felt like dying.

Pretty of the Day although it's possible I already used this one.