Thursday September 6

Breakfast: 3 cups coffee with milk, egg with canned tomatoes

Lunch: salad (spinach, onion, mushroom, raisins, turkey, Lite Sesame Ginger dressing)

Dinner: out. 1/2 of the BWW Molten Buffalo Dip (which is apparently so new it's not even on the internet) and a beer

Pedometer: 5649 steps, 2417 aerobic steps.

Workout: none.

Pretty of the Day.

Timeline of sleep: 7pm home. 730-8 try to sleep. 8-830 sleep. 830 - 930 parents call. 930 - 10 heroically try to stay up for President's speech. 10-1030 in and out of speech. 1030 - 1115 sleep. Wash dishes. 1130-12 sleep. 12 go to bed.

Friday September 7

Breakfast: 3 cups coffee with milk, egg with canned tomatoes

Snack: Sbucks Skinny Caramel Macciatto**

Lunch: at babysitting. Some salad (greens, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, a homemade pesto), some meat (?) that they'd had for dinner, a small handful of chips I didn't like

Dinner: white rice, the rest of the chicken breast and peppers. Chocolate covered raisins. Too many tired-based pretzels. A mini cow tail.

**Two things: one, I watched her make it, and there was a TON of syrup on top. Two, Sbucks selling Pumpkin Spice Lattes is usually the start of fall, and I will almost always get one when they're available, but although today is 75, it does not smell like fall, and that is the real test.

Pedometer: 7835 steps, 1133 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. Got home at 1030. Pity me.

I don't like my babysitting kids. I guess I just had a lot of good experiences before, and this is my first bad experience, but I don't. Not enough to quit, obviously, but enough to express my disdain here.

Saturday September 8 GAME DAY!

Breakfast: baby apple with PB, small bowl of grapes, 1/2 an ice cream sandwich

Snack: went to a cafe' inside a bookstore, ordered nothing

Snack: at game, ordered nothing, left at halftime, which disappointed me greatly :(

Drinking: 6 Bud Light cans

Dinner: at sushi. Miso soup, a tuna roll, and a red snapper roll

Snack: too many pretzels, some chocolate covered raisins, either 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 oatmeal cookies (made from bag mix, halved the butter, added vegetable oil, added chocolate chips), milk

Pedometer: 748 steps, 0 aerobic steps. I only wore it at home, I didn't take it to the game.

Workout: none. I vaguely planned to work out in the morning before I left, but I'm glad I didn't because my friends were complaining I was late as it is. (I wasn't.)

** While still at sushi, I decided I wanted to eat chips and cookies. First of all, what the HELL kind of game-day food is sushi? WTF? Second - TWO rolls? Everyone only got two rolls, and my friend didn't eat any of hers, saying she didn't feel well. Then the other girl said she "couldn't imagine eating again" after - seriously? I think the soup helped to sober me up, but what. the. absolute. hell.

Sunday September 9

Breakfast: pancakes. I'm not a good pancake maker but I try. I ate 3 of the 6 I made, with syrup. 2 cups coffee with milk

Snack: maybe 2 Oatmeal Chocolate cookies

Lunch: pretzels, cheese stick

Dinner: turkey slice, 1/2 can Mexican Tortilla Chicken soup

Snack: another 1/2 cookie, 2 Peeps, and quite a few jellybeans (with the predictable result of feeling sick after)

Pedometer: 2184 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: Xtreme lower body. Yay self. Not a 100% effort because I was having trouble, but A for effort.

I've forgotten the Pretty of the Day the last couple days. Here's a compilation of how pretty she is at the Perks of Being a Wallflower premiere. And here's an upclose of her perfect face and adorable hair. I like her here, she looks so young.

Monday September 10

Breakfast: 3 cups coffee with milk, egg with canned mushrooms

Lunch: salad (spinach, onion, mushroom, raisins, turkey, Lite Sesame Ginger dressing)

Snack: baby apple with PB, Oatmeal Chocolate cookie, 4 pancakes with syrup

Was that it? I think so.

Pedometer: 4881 steps, 1127 aerobic steps.

Workout: none. Yeah, that's right. I know Mondays are ON days, but I barely slept last night, I dreamt about being a fat cheerleader, my day dragged on despite being my shortest, I watched the monster children for 2 hours that felt like 200 and when I got home they still hadn't fixed my garbage disposal. At 715 I was still hungry, and workout time is 730, so the choice is a big one. I chose pancakes.

... I don't know if any of that's really fair. I'm so tired.

Pretty of the Day.

Tuesday September 11

Lunch: salad (spinach, onion, mushroom, raisins, turkey, Lite Sesame Ginger dressing), mini box Nerds, mini pack Bottlecaps

Snack: most of a bag of Cheddar Chex Mix* It's on the side table now and I can't see the bottom of the bag. Not interested in math-ing/checking further

Snack: Oatmeal Chocolate cookie and milk. (Mistake.)

*Today I was going to CVS after class. At some point in the day, I decided I needed Cheddar Chex Mix. It's been a long time since I've had it, but I do like it. Then near the end of the day, I remembered that a friend and I had talked about nachos for lunch tomorrow, and nachos is what I REALLY want, so I wasn't going to get Cheddar Chex Mix. But then at the CVS, it was only $1.50 and it's usually $3.29, so I bought them but not definitely to eat today. Then I got home AND THEY STILL HAD NOT FIXED MY GARBAGE DISPOSAL. And I went to the office to complain, and there wasn't even a work order, and no one in the office had heard any of my THREE messages, or had a note from an office girl I talked to TWICE, and even when they played my message, no one even APOLOGIZED for my broken sink, the fact that it doesn't drain, that the sink is full of standing water, that it REEKS, or that I've been washing my dishes in the bathroom sink for DAYS. They'll send someone "tomorrow." So I came back, wrote a letter to upper management, and rage-ate some Cheddar Chex Mix.

Then, when looking up the Pretty of the Day for yesterday on my newly-found Nina Dobrev tumblr, I decided I should work out. I know most of a bag of Cheddar Chex Mix isn't going to make me look like Nina Dobrev, but the most-bag was already eaten, so it was better than the alternative.

Pedometer: 6466 steps, 2251 aerobic steps.

Workout: Xtreme Total Body

Wednesday September 12

Lunch: out. 1/2 nachos (uh... chips, cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, guac, chicken). 1 beer

Snack: 1 Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie. Baby apple with PB. The rest of the Cheddar Chex Mix. Many jelly beans.

Pedometer: 10549 steps, 3950 aerobic steps.

Workout: Xtreme cardio kickbox

I wish I hadn't eaten after lunch. I shouldn't have. I wish I didn't.

Pretty of the Day and also

. I'm tired of trying to find a reason why... so let's just cry.

Thursday September 13

Breakfast: 3 cups coffee with milk, egg with tomatoes

Snack: 1 Oatmeal Chocolate cookie, the last of the chocolate-covered raisins, 1 Andes candy

Drink: a vodka / tonic / fizz flavor

Snack: I ate chicken (oil, spices) and peppers from the pan, so not sure how much. Jelly beans.

Pedometer: 5226 steps, 1258 aerobic steps.

Pretty of the Day.

so much angst and struggle here... hope things are going well otherwise...

I don't know, yes? Days are up and down. I'm happy to be going to school 9-5 and not working once I'm home; I'm sad to have been rejected by my only two interviews. I'm happy to have a new babysitting job because even though I don't like the kids I do like the money; I'm sad to feel like I don't have many friends here. I'm happy my garbage disposal was finally fixed! On balance I'm doing okay. Some nights I need sadness YT's but not every night ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday September 14

Lunch: 1 slice pepperoni pizza, 1 slice cheese pizza (might be a bad decision if babysitting tonight orders pizza too, but families don't always)

Dinner: at babysitting. Some whole wheat pasta with jar red sauce (not very much) and a spring roll that I only ate all of because I watched the mom HAND MAKE it and I was so impressed that she left me some

Snack: 1 Oatmeal Chocolate cookie, small bowl of the chicken and peppers from last night, cheese stick. Some yogurt off a spoon until I decided I didn't want it. Another Oatmeal Chocolate cookie

Drinks: vodka / tonic / fizz flavor

Snack: uhh... I remember eating 1 Andes candy. Some Pretzel M&Ms

Pedometer: it broke! There's a battery light on, which I guess means it refuses to work until it's replaced. Hmm.

Workout: none. Babysitting etc.

Pretty of the Day.

I was right about my regularly-scheduled babysitting family. They are not as good as normal kids. And not as smart either. And the screaming, the fits, the anger - I wasn't just being crazy, these kids are actually, empirically, objectively worse.

Also - TOTALLY tried to go out tonight. A friend wanted to. I agreed even though the bar street was packed, crazy-packed, stand really still and claim your 1.5 inches of space packed, and I still agreed. But he cancelled because he couldn't get other people to come along. So. Drinking my vodka tonic by myself and LOVIN IT.

Saturday September 15

Breakfast: apple with (too much) PB, 2 cups coffee with milk

I got up at 12:30, and at 3 my friend from last night said to come out with him in an hour then watch the 8pm game. So:

Drinks: 2 beers

Dinner: out. Bacon burger with kettle chips, 1 beer

Drinks: 2 beers

Drinks: some giant blue drink served in a jar. 12 GD DOLLARS. This ain't New York - I have never paid that much for a drink, not even a fancy drink in a restaurant.

Home: 2 Oatmeal Chocolate cookies, milk

Pedometer: broken.

Workout: none, timeline described above. Up at 1230, got ready at 3, out at 4, home at 3am.

Another not great night. I'm really trying, but I just think people don't like me. At the end of the night it was just dancing and being drunk in a packed, hot, sticky-floored bar, and even then, even then, I wasn't in the group.

Pretty of the Day and close up.

Sunday September 16

Breakfast: 1/2 can of Mexican Tortilla Chicken soup

Lunch: the rest of the chicken and peppers (more than a small bowl worth)

Snack: 1 Oatmeal Chocolate cookie, a small chocolate bar

Snack: bowl of Golden Grahams and milk

Snack: mini bottle Sprite, a pack of ripoff brand Teddy Grahams, some mint candies, then enough Mike&Ike's to feel sick

(There's actually very little food in my house right now, which I hope explains these choices. Although I did nothing today, I didn't want to cook, and there's no fruit / snack veggies, thawed meat, soup, noncandy snacks in my house right now. I'll be at the store Tuesday though.

Pretty of the Day.

Up at 830 today, which felt like a punishment for... something. Ate soup at 930 which for me is pretty ridiculous - I am VERY into eating time-of-day appropriate foods.

Monday September 17

Lunch: about 1/3 of my salad. That salad was made Wednesday night, was in my backpack from 9am - 5pm Thursday, and then was back in my backpack 9am - 10pm (at least) Friday, then in the fridge all weekend waiting for sweet death.

Edit: Snack: cup instant coffee

Dinner: asparagus with grated parm and chicken (oil, spices, garlic)

Snack: the rest of the Mike&Ike's, some chocolate

Workout: Xtreme upper body (and did a good job!)

Pretty of the Day.

Pity me, friends, pity me. I barely slept last night, kept waking up because I was too hot, too cold, had to go to the bathroom, it was all bad. Woke up late but still left on time. School at 9, class started at 940, out at 5. Grocery. Home. Left at 720 for accounting review class at 745. Pulled over. I was SURE it was... a tail light, my registration sticker fell off... the wrong person. It was a left turn, on a green, from a full stop. He said - he, one of the TWO cops necessary for this job - there's a No Left Turn sign because there's construction right now. I don't know if that's true. I didn't see one. Not saying he's lying, but I will be on the lookout for it tomorrow. No ticket. Got to school at 740, realized the review started at 730. Room is full, and front-facing, which means everyone would see me walk in. Decided against it.

Also the story of my pull over. I've only been pulled over once before, CRAZY speeding to try to get home on time, ridiculously over the speed limit. I was upset, freaked out, 16, a whole thing. (No ticket then either.) This time I was pretty cool, especially because I didn't actually think they were pulling me over for something. "You got two cops on this?" I asked when I saw the second one, and I can't explain how cool it was, but it was cool y'all. That'll happen when you're tired out of your mind... nothing means anything. Anyway, good job me.

Tuesday September 18

Snack: 1 chocolate chip cookie, 1 brownie

Dinner: *There was going to be food at the review, but I decided I wasn't going to eat it if it was pizza. Didn't find out either way, obviously.* asparagus with grated parm and chicken (oil, spices, garlic)

Snack: told myself I wasn't going to eat anything after dinner. Starving. Bowl Golden Grahams and milk. Last Oatmeal Chocolate cookie

Snack: too many pretzels, some chocolate

I ate the cookie and brownie at a work thing that was so frustrating it's hard to explain. Anyway. Terrible. The cookie I ate because it was there and I wanted it, but the brownie I probably ate more because it allowed me to walk away and I would have eaten a cyanide brownie if it was an excuse to walk away. (And actually, it could have been a poison brownie, since someone just dropped a tray of homemade brownies on the table next to mine with the girl [who didn't know the brownie maker] sitting there, then walked away.)

I tried to be good today. I said as a trade for eating the cookie and brownie, I wouldn't eat sweets later. I said I wouldn't eat dinner at the review if it was pizza or something cheap. I didn't eat when I got home. I didn't eat in reaction to missing the review, to being pulled over (!) or to my parents' reaction to my bad day (Dad: "It sounds like you're sleeping better than I am." Mom: "You know what the good part of this is?"). I didn't buy anything when my friend went to the Subway. I didn't eat when I got home, again. I waited until after my parents call for dinner. Then I waited another half hour+ before I ate anything else. Then I tried to be good with the cereal, but I was so hungry. Damn.

Default Pretty of the Day. Believe me when I say I went through many tumblrs for you all.

Wednesday September 19

Dinner: asparagus with grated parm and chicken (oil, spices, garlic)

Snack: a fair amount of pretzels, baby apple with PB

Pedometer: broken

Workout: Xtreme core

Pretty of the Day with Olympic gold medalist Gabby Douglas, because, of course.

Thursday September 20

Snack: about 6-7 chips with a fatty spinach dip, an approx. 1in x 2in cookie cake that was 1/2 layer-frosting-1/2 layer-frosting

Dinner: chicken (oil, spices, garlic) and sweet potatoes (cornstarch, oil, salt and pepper) with ketchup

Snack: some chocolate, and much too much pretzels

Pedometer: fixed this evening.

Workout: none. Tuesdays / Thursdays are no-guilt-skip says, but Ive got to make it happen Friday.

Pretty of the Day, not sure what it is yet but it's adorable!

Friday September 21

Lunch: at babysitting. 1/2 tuna salad sandwich (no mayo, I think it was made with pesto and spices?), salad with some kind of dressing already on it (maybe just oil), and two slices of a yellow tomato. Dessert was a kid-sized piece of brownie (Jiffy mix, oil, water, egg replacement of flax seed+water) and 3 strawberries

Snack: 4 Hershey's Simple Pleasures and pretzels

Dinner: the rest of the sweet potato fries (cornstarch, oil, salt and pepper) with ketchup

Snack: a minibottle of grape jelly beans

Snack: bowl Golden Grahams and milk

I ate too much. A combination of being home most of the day, and not having the willpower I have on other days.

Pedometer: 2304 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: Xtreme lower body.

Pretty of the Day. Oooh this tumblr's got lots of cast pics I haven't seen before.

Saturday September 22 GAME DAY

Breakfast: free breakfast at IHOP. 3 cups coffee with 1 creamer each, 2 pumpkin pancakes with Old Fashioned syrup and no whipped topping, 2 eggs scrambled, 4 pieces bacon, hashbrowns with ketchup (1100 calories and 56g fat says the website)

Drinks: 3 / 4 Coors Lights; at a tailgate we had ~ 1 shot of Jim Beam (?) and a can of Bud Light Lime that I couldn't finish because it was so lime-y

Snack: at the tailgate they gave me a giant cookie. I ate some of it there, some of my friends' during the game, and exactly one nacho with cheese from another girl

Dinner: back home. NutriGrain bar, 1/2 can Chicken and Dumplings soup, pretzels

Pedometer: 207 steps, 0 aerobic steps. I don't wear it to the game. Or the IHOP.

Pretty of the Day.

Sunday September 23

Breakfast: cookie and pretzels remains, 3 cups of coffee black (In all honesty? I ate the pretzels because I meant to finish them yesterday, and there was about... 1/8th cup left. I ate the cookie because I only remembered I had it this morning when I logged it for yesterday, and then it was too much to resist.)

Lunch: mini bottle of Sprite, an entire bag of Steamfresh broccoli made with this recipe

Pedometer: 1525 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Workout: Xtreme total body

Sadness YT:

Crashed on the floor when I moved in

This little bungalow with some strange new friends

Stay up too late, and I'm too thin

We promise each other it's 'til the end

Now we're spinning empty bottles

It's the five of us

With pretty eyed boys girls die to trust

I can't resist the day

No, I can't resist the day

And Jenny screams out and it's no pose

'Cause when she dances she goes and goes

And beer through the nose on an inside joke

And I'm so excited, I haven't spoken

And she's so pretty, and she's so sure

Maybe I'm more clever than a girl like her

Well, summer's all in bloom

And summer's ending soon

It's alright. And it's nice not to be so alone

But I hold on to secrets in white houses

Maybe I'm a little bit over my head

I come undone at the things he said

And he's so funny in his bright red shirt

We were all in love and we all got hurt

I sneak into his car's cracked leather seat

The smell of gasoline in the summer heat

Boy, we're going way too fast

It's all too sweet to last

It's alright.

And I put myself in his hands

But I hold on to secrets in white houses

Love, or something ignites in my veins

And I pray it never fades in white houses

Maybe you were all faster than me

We gave each other up so easily

These silly little wounds will never mend

I feel so far from where I've been

So I go, and I will not be back here again

I'm gone as the day is fading on white houses

I lied, wrote my injuries all in the dust

In my heart is the five of us

In white houses

And you, maybe you'll remember me

What I gave is yours to keep

In white houses

Monday September 24

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee with milk, egg with tomatoes

Lunch: at a meeting. Jimmy John's catering sandwich (183 cal, 4.1g fat, 9.3g protein, if it was a 4" #6 Vegetarian), bag of Baked Sour Cream and Cheddar (120 cal, 3.5g fat, 2g sugar, 2g protein), a red velvet cookie with frosting

Snack: some Godiva Milk Chocolate Pearls in a box from my parents (don't worry, it was mostly full of seeds), a cheese stick, a fun size 3 Muskateers

Willpower is low this afternoon. I'm so tired.

Snack: finished the Godiva Pearls and started on some gummi watermelon candies. Ugh, it's not willpower, it's sickness.

I will now drink 89,000 glasses of water, and that water will cure me.

Dinner: 1/2 bag Smart Ones Chicken Fried Rice

Dinner: the other 1/2 bag. I wasn't hungry. But when I feel sick I really can't fight anything, okay? I admit it. (340 cal, 6g fat, 13g sugar, 25g protein)

Snack: made pumpkin brownies. Did you know that's apparently the healthy way? I just thought it might be the delicious way. Anyway, I didn't eat any. I have high hopes for their success when I try them tomorrow.

Pedometer: 6432 steps, 0 aerobic steps.

Pretty of the Day.

Tuesday September 25

Breakfast: 2 cups coffee with milk, egg with tomatoes

Lunch: salad (spinach, onion, mushroom, raisins, turkey, FF Classic Caesar dressing)

Snack: finished the watermelon gummies, ate 1.5 of the pumpkin brownies - they're good but they don't taste like pumpkin

Dinner: a Morningstar hamburger patty with BBQ sauce, the broccoli with this recipe. Ate too late. I think I was hungry though.

Pedometer:

Workout: none. Illnesses.

Pretty of the Day.